Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August

Go down 
+33
Jwithers
tobester29
Jimmyb
Katie G
Sparta3
Hellboy
Paulo
Polska legend II
RM05
Joey Barton
Sneijder10
Hurricane
saff lounge
Rajiv14
Plough new boy
Ramley_LBFC
THE MAGICIAN
Gordon
Hat Man
Blackie
Widds
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Hairy Hebrew!
LoneRanger38
greeeedy
timmy mallet
talbotkeeper
Skeems
Stroller
Fieldy
gattuso
PEEWEE
L.K.F.C
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2011, 12:00 pm

Absolutely, dashing and stylish....even if i didnt realise it was you at first!!!
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2011, 12:03 pm

Any reports on the Div 5 games? Were St Marks that good, or Dukla bad?
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2011, 12:03 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
L.K.F.C wrote:
[quote="L.K.F.C"
]Magna 3
DME 2

Fair to call this one a typical first game out I think. Magna looked pretty dominant in the first half anf rightly took the lead. Half time brought more oput of DME and the second half was a real yoyo affair. Magna missed chances to put it to bed and likewise DME moissed a couple of great chances that could have seen the points go the other way. Couldn't really see the fracas that brought the second yellow for the DME lad so not too sure what went on there but all in all for their first half dominance Magna did enough to deserve the win for me.

cheers mate, always was gona a tough opener, we look forward to piting our wits against the next title favourites on sunday[/quote]
Goals from Darrell Matts; Harvey Webb and Leon Blaber
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2011, 12:10 pm

MT Sec wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:
L.K.F.C wrote:
[quote="L.K.F.C"
]Magna 3
DME 2

Fair to call this one a typical first game out I think. Magna looked pretty dominant in the first half anf rightly took the lead. Half time brought more oput of DME and the second half was a real yoyo affair. Magna missed chances to put it to bed and likewise DME moissed a couple of great chances that could have seen the points go the other way. Couldn't really see the fracas that brought the second yellow for the DME lad so not too sure what went on there but all in all for their first half dominance Magna did enough to deserve the win for me.

cheers mate, always was gona a tough opener, we look forward to piting our wits against the next title favourites on sunday
Goals from Darrell Matts; Harvey Webb and Leon Blaber[/quote]

I didn't realisre hogan didn't net, deserved one for his work up there and that number 4 at the back looked a class act! Keep causing these upsets and who lnows bud!!!
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2011, 12:16 pm

only one result mate.....we will keep going about our busy quietly and leave the predicting to others!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2011, 12:47 pm

MT Sec wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:
L.K.F.C wrote:
[quote="L.K.F.C"
]Magna 3
DME 2

cheers mate, always was gona a tough opener, we look forward to piting our wits against the next title favourites on sunday
Goals from Darrell Matts; Harvey Webb and Leon Blaber[/quote]

Well done Katie and your squad, you can PM me anytime baby....... Cool
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2011, 12:54 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
only one result mate.....we will keep going about our busy quietly and leave the predicting to others!

Who is your new centre half? Heard he is quality, take it thats the number 4 mentioned above?
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2011, 12:55 pm

Darrell Matts he is rubbish, short, slow, rubbish in the air, really wudnt worry about him!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2011, 12:58 pm

Hellboy wrote:
MT Sec wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:
L.K.F.C wrote:
[quote="L.K.F.C"
]Magna 3
DME 2

Goals from Darrell Matts; Harvey Webb and Leon Blaber

Well done Katie and your squad, you can PM me anytime baby....... Cool [/quote]

hmmmmmm- thanks I suppose?!?!?!? Surprised
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2011, 1:08 pm

Guthlaxton 2 - 1 Fosse

Shocking first half from us, never got going. Very lucky to go in just 1 down. Decent 10 mins early in the second half when we equalised but then Guthlaxton took over again. Gutho are a very good side and I expect them to be challenging at the top of Div2. Played some good football and hassled us for the full 90 minutes, seemed to want the 3 points much more than us. Disappointed to lose the game in the manner we did with virtually the last kick but we definately didn't deserve anything from the game.

Top lads at Gutho, all the best for the season.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2011, 1:18 pm

Jimmyb wrote:
Guthlaxton 2 - 1 Fosse

Shocking first half from us, never got going. Very lucky to go in just 1 down. Decent 10 mins early in the second half when we equalised but then Guthlaxton took over again. Gutho are a very good side and I expect them to be challenging at the top of Div2. Played some good football and hassled us for the full 90 minutes, seemed to want the 3 points much more than us. Disappointed to lose the game in the manner we did with virtually the last kick but we definately didn't deserve anything from the game.

Did they have a ginger lad play at the back for them called Wallace? Was going to play for us but we were ok for players...
Back to top Go down
tobester29

tobester29

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2011, 1:37 pm

Sparta3 wrote:

We were awful and usually are on midweek games after work. Came into the game missing 8players but still fancied our chances. St Marks started miles better than us, very young team, that move the ball quickly and are good on the ball. Went into halftime 2-1 down, one of their goals coming from a dubious penalty to say the least.

2nd half they scored after 1minute and we never recovered. Didnt help they were given another dubious penalty and we had 2 cast iron penalties turned down and their coward of a striker who punched our defender in the face and then ran off!
but these are bypoints and i think we would've struggled to win anyway as we couldntlstring more than 5passes together. St Marks will do well in this division as long as they get time to play their football.
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2011, 1:56 pm

Jimmyb wrote:
Guthlaxton 2 - 1 Fosse

Cheers for the game Jimmy, always a tight affair between us and last night was no different. On balance I thought we did deserved the win but can understand why some of your lads were gutted as losing the game so late when you think you have done enough for a point is always tough to take.

I've no doubt that it was just a small setback in your season though, too many good players throughout your team for you not to be challenging for title/promotion. Nath will score for fun once he's fully fit and if you can get up top alongside him you'll cause defences no end of bother between the pair of you.

Big relief to find you at the back I must say!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2011, 1:57 pm

tobester29 wrote:
Sparta3 wrote:

We were awful and usually are on midweek games after work. Came into the game missing 8players but still fancied our chances. St Marks started miles better than us, very young team, that move the ball quickly and are good on the ball. Went into halftime 2-1 down, one of their goals coming from a dubious penalty to say the least.

2nd half they scored they scored after 1minute and we never recovered. Didnt help they were given another dubious penalty and we had 2 cast iron penalties turned down and their coward of a striker who punched our defender in the face and then ran off!
but these are bypoints and i think we would've struggled to win anyway as we couldntlstring more than 5passes together. St Marks will do well in this division as long as they get time to play their football.

Sounds like they have short tempers so may end up with a few dismissals this season if that's what they're like.
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2011, 1:59 pm

Widds wrote:
Jimmyb wrote:
Guthlaxton 2 - 1 Fosse

Did they have a ginger lad play at the back for them called Wallace? Was going to play for us but we were ok for players...

No we didn't. He was gonna come down as a sub when we were unsure on a couple of lads availability but in the end wasn't required.

He's playing in the LSL normally anyway so is only ever gonna be used as an emergency
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2011, 3:00 pm

Fair play, yeah Wallace playing for Aylestone Lounge. Very good centre half to be fair, was in the same team as him two years ago. Was going to play for us if we were in division 2 this year (one of the reasons we asked to move into that division). Top lad as well.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2011, 5:08 pm

Stroller wrote:

Cheers for the game Jimmy, always a tight affair between us and last night was no different. On balance I thought we did deserved the win but can understand why some of your lads were gutted as losing the game so late when you think you have done enough for a point is always tough to take.

I've no doubt that it was just a small setback in your season though, too many good players throughout your team for you not to be challenging for title/promotion. Nath will score for fun once he's fully fit and if you can get up top alongside him you'll cause defences no end of bother between the pair of you.

Big relief to find you at the back I must say!!!!

Hopefully I won't be back there too often! We have a big, strong squad so I was just happy to start the game to be honest! No complaints about the result at all from me. The best team won. Our formation to start with was abit negative, I would imagine we will be more offensive from the off from now on.

You've definately added a bit of pace and quality out wide this season. Looking forward to the return fixture!
Back to top Go down
Jwithers

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2011, 5:25 pm

st marks 7 - 2 dulka
we played some good football and tried to keep are heads even when there players were kicking lumps out of ares. dulka claimed for 2 penos which no ref would of gave even if it was stevie wonder they was just getting wound up cus we scored 2 with 10 men. not a bad team but not good enough to challenge this season.
Back to top Go down
News of the World

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2011, 5:30 pm

I fancy Gutho for Division 2 and St Marks for Division 5..
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2011, 5:32 pm

Gutho, Foxes or Fosse for me, the loss of Himan and Gomez at Trinderbox pushes them out of contention for me
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2011, 5:41 pm

kajima 3-0 thurmaston

went to check out the oppersition,intresting to say the least
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2011, 5:45 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Gutho, Foxes or Fosse for me, the loss of Himan and Gomez at Trinderbox pushes them out of contention for me

Where did Gomez end up going? I take it Leigh grant left too?
Back to top Go down
THE WATCHER
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2011, 7:56 pm

harrow hotshot wrote:
kajima 3-0 thurmaston

can you be more specific about the game thanks
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2011, 8:30 pm

Dont know where Gomez has gone, Steve Kirk told me he had lost him at the AGM
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Sep 2011, 8:52 pm

Not sure if Nick has signed on for anyone but Wayne Dean told me he probably wouldn't play much this season cuz of some coaching he's doing. Lee Grant isn't likely to play much either apparently.
Back to top Go down
timmy mallet
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
timmy mallet

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Sep 2011, 9:20 am

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
timmy mallet wrote:
little bowden 1- friar lane 0

wat were friar lane like??
none over the age of nineteen playing their first game in mens football and it showed but that said little bowden didnt really start the season well and allowed friar lane to grow into the game think they will struggle even in div 6 but after seeing wiggy rangers, a similiar sort of team, play some good football last year i imagine this will just be a learning curve for them
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Sep 2011, 11:36 am

harrow hotshot wrote:
kajima 3-0 thurmaston

Meaning????
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Sep 2011, 2:43 pm

Sparta3 wrote:
harrow hotshot wrote:
kajima 3-0 thurmaston

Meaning????

Think he's implying that it was an interesting game and that is the least he can say
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Sep 2011, 2:59 pm

I mean it was the worst game ive seen in a very long time i just hope it was because it was first game of the season,iam surprised Thurmaston were put in div 5 they looked like they never played 11 a side before and i dont mean any disrespect when i say that.
Back to top Go down
Giggsisgod

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Sep 2011, 3:53 pm

Watched lounge v nri weds, bean pole up front for ayelstone apparently wanted by advance??? Surely a hoax??? Anyway 5-1 made lounge look good maybe 12-2 would of been a fair result!, good luck to both sides this season both good sets of lads, I'll be going to watch saff lounge tonight v kaffir to see what those two are like
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Sep 2011, 4:18 pm

Giggsisgod wrote:
Watched lounge v nri weds, bean pole up front for ayelstone apparently wanted by advance??? Surely a hoax??? Anyway 5-1 made lounge look good maybe 12-2 would of been a fair result!, good luck to both sides this season both good sets of lads, I'll be going to watch saff lounge tonight v kaffir to see what those two are like

12-2......?? Why should i have let another goal in haha....to be fair, i wasnt with it on Wednesday night, hate games after a days work, cant just run off the tiredness in goal.

Who do you play for mate?

And yeah agreed, all lads were sound, any handbags forgotten after the whistle which is how it should be. Anderson up front, their tall lad, not sure about Advance, but is definitely good enough to play div 2/1. Seen him play before and he was very quiet by his standards on Wed...
Back to top Go down
Sneijder10

Sneijder10

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 02 Sep 2011, 4:58 pm

Jimmyb wrote:
Not sure if Nick has signed on for anyone but Wayne Dean told me he probably wouldn't play much this season cuz of some coaching he's doing. Lee Grant isn't likely to play much either apparently.

Nicks working with a lad who plays for us. They av set up a sports coaching business recently. Nick said he wanted to focus more on his career when I last saw him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August   Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Results and Banter - Wednesday 31 August
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2