Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Which is worse...

Go down 
+15
mowmacre fc
saff lounge
greeeedy
man in black
Fieldy
riley
THE MAGICIAN
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Hellboy
spartamoshdock
Fishandchips
Paulo
Polska legend II
Tomassi
Whistle Blower
19 posters
AuthorMessage
Whistle Blower

Whistle Blower

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 8:04 am

Losing in a semi final or losing in a final?
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 8:32 am

Easy one this, losing in a final, its a great night out and get to play at Holmes Park Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/spartaparvafc
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 8:44 am

losing in a final. cup final record is P1 W1, but lost 2 semis
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 9:13 am

Losing in a final by a long stretch. We have won one lost one final and lost one semi final.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 9:58 am

Losing in a semi final is worst for me….although immediately after a final you would be massively down, when you look back on your ‘career’ in Sunday footie, at least you can say you played at Holmes Park, or played in the final of cup X….
Back to top Go down
Whistle Blower

Whistle Blower

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 10:03 am

no-one remembers the losers though...what are you going to tell peolpe...'I've played there...but was a loser'...?
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 10:28 am

I'd rather lose the final too, semi final you might as well go out in round 1.... at least if your at the final you can make a night of it and enjoy the atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 10:37 am

Totally agree, rather lose in the final.

The argument that no-one remembers the losers is flawed as the same could be said of the losing semi-finalists!

The final allows you to have something to look forward to, a chance to play in a final at Holmes Park and the excuse (win or lose) for a night out.
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 10:54 am

Whistle Blower wrote:
no-one remembers the losers though...what are you going to tell peolpe...'I've played there...but was a loser'...?
No one remembers the referees either, is it not in the sporting code that its the taking part that counts? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 10:58 am

Oh i don't know about that, i always remember the ones when they get all the decisions wrong.
Back to top Go down

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 11:16 am

Whistle Blower wrote:

From a personal point of view, if someone said to me how did you do in the cups, i would prefer to say lost in the final than say i lost in a semi final, although you want to win, the closer you get to success the better, plus the excitement, anticipation and general hype surrounding it adds to a great day (although i have only ever been to one final, so hardly an experienced voice on it). I have lost in about 3 semi finals in the past three years, and always been gutted at missing a day out at Holmes Park.

What would you prefer then and why? (If you dont mind me posing the question back to you)
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 11:26 am

Semi Final loss hurts incredibly especially when you miss a potentially equalising header from a yard out with 5 seconds to go.
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 11:35 am

For me its losing a Semi Final, trust me I know. I have felt heart ache in 9 semi final's now but been lucky enough to get to a Final 6 times and have won them all. If you do lose the Final then I guess it's a killer but no one can ever take that night away from you and the chance for your family and friends to come down and be part of it with you. WIN or LOSE we are gonna BOOZE.
Back to top Go down
Whistle Blower

Whistle Blower

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 12:35 pm

Tomassi wrote:
Whistle Blower wrote:
No one remembers the referees either, is it not in the sporting code that its the taking part that counts? Laughing
Correct in players circles, but most refs know who did which finals and remember them for doing it...besides, refs dont get losers medals as a momento...
Back to top Go down
riley

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 12:47 pm

def losing the final lost in stokes cup final last 2 years it sucks
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 12:52 pm

dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:
Semi Final loss hurts incredibly especially when you miss a potentially equalising header from a yard out with 5 seconds to go.

I'll go with that, totally dominated, 4 goals disallowed, missed pen, hit woodwork 3 times and keeper always in right place (from his point of view), they have 2 shots and score 1. Think Saff Lounge will be County Vase Holders this year without a doubt.
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 1:04 pm

i would say losing in a semi has to be worse, as you go away with nothing, in a final at least you got the occasion the big venue and a medal,,,,
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 1:09 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
For me its losing a Semi Final, trust me I know. I have felt heart ache in 9 semi final's now but been lucky enough to get to a Final 6 times and have won them all. If you do lose the Final then I guess it's a killer but no one can ever take that night away from you and the chance for your family and friends to come down and be part of it with you. WIN or LOSE we are gonna BOOZE.

9 semis and 6 finals? Are you Ryan Giggs?
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 1:29 pm

dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:

we did last sunday got outplayed for a 60 mins of the game yet we was only 3-2 down 3 mins left and nathan kewmoss hits a rifle to crash off the bar for extra time gutted. on topic i reckon its hard choice maybe final just
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 1:32 pm

dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:

Get your hair cut, then you might see the ball a bit clearer...

Wow Hellboy I thought you had stopped abusing me for my hair. And no I am just terrible in the air, i have scored hundreds of goals in my sunday league "career" but never a header, not one. I once hit the bar with the back of my head though.

I only said i wouldn't mention the AB, and good grief how tall are you?, if you hit the back of your head? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 2:22 pm

Whistle Blower wrote:
Tomassi wrote:
Whistle Blower wrote:
Correct in players circles, but most refs know who did which finals and remember them for doing it...besides, refs dont get losers medals as a momento...
You have an obsession with 'losers' does that mean you are one then? Smile Sunday League is all about having a laugh, even in cup finals, or have you gone the wrong impression? Chin up!
Back to top Go down
Whistle Blower

Whistle Blower

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 3:47 pm

Tomassi wrote:
Whistle Blower wrote:
Tomassi wrote:
Whistle Blower wrote:
You have an obsession with 'losers' does that mean you are one then? Smile Sunday League is all about having a laugh, even in cup finals, or have you gone the wrong impression? Chin up!
1 final...winners win and losers come second...simple English...perhaps you have loser on the mind...
Back to top Go down
saff lounge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 4:18 pm

i would rather lose a semi than a final, if you lose a semi it doesnt hurt nowhere near as much as losing the final, when you get to a final you have got there so the day is all about winning, losing a semi hurts for a day but it wont matter because you havent made the final, you lose finals in front of everybody, you lose semis in front of the same people who watched you in the 1st round

played in a lot of both, lost a final on pens, won and lost semis on pens, finals hurt much more
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 5:18 pm

losing in a semi final is worst by long strectch at least u have got to final if u lose and get a trophy but in semi no-one remembers you
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 6:19 pm

fc hoskins wrote:
losing in a semi final is worst by long strectch at least u have got to final if u lose and get a trophy but in semi no-one remembers you

Laughing
Back to top Go down
ben 10

ben 10

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 7:12 pm

Whistle Blower wrote:
Losing in a semi final or losing in a final?
ILL LET U NO AT THE END OV THE SEASON PAL.., scratch drunken cheers
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 11:05 pm

Losing in a semi has gotta be worse for me, playing in finals should be what every player wants and to just miss out on it huirts
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 10:16 am

You shouldn't lose against them.... Wink
Back to top Go down
barney rubble

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 11:11 am

losing in a semi is far worse!!!!so near yet so.............lost in a few finals but its the getting there the day out for me
Back to top Go down
spartano1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 9:49 pm

after experiencing a loss in a semi last sunday i have to say semi-final hurts most not lost at holmes park or a final to date, but i got to admit im still hurting from last weeks semi loss but also makes u wanna make sure u dont experience that pain again and drives u on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Which is worse... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is worse...   Which is worse... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which is worse...
Page 1 of 1