Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for Sunday 6 March

Go down 
+31
Minty
Coley21
gattuso
saff lounge
L.K.F.C
mowmacre fc
Paulo
NiffyA
KMR9
papa lazarou
Polska legend II
littlebigman
Capello
kirby muxloe ranger N10
Throop Boss
dave ash
Jim royle
Kylinhio
Keo27
phoenix_flyer
THE MAGICIAN
Fieldy
Hellboy
Alan Partridge
bpmsmurf
Tomassi
greeeedy
spartano1
TeeKayeWun
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Gordon
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Banter for Sunday 6 March Empty
PostSubject: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeSat 05 Mar 2011, 7:38 pm

Four teams should be looking forward to an Alliance League Cup Final.

Tell us all about your game - Cup or League
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 12:41 pm

Wigston Rangers 2 - 1 Sporting Swappo
Oh dear, 3 points for Wigston but a bit of a sham of a game in honesty.
Some ridiculous decisions and behaviour. At 1-1 with 5 minutes to go, one of our players challenged their keeper (who should have already seen red after a professional foul), their mouthy centre back didn't take it well and decided to pick the ball up to blast it at our forwards face, penalty given, penalty scored. But it wasn't over, they then won a penalty in the dying seconds, justice served as our keeper pulled off a match winning save.
Back to top Go down
TeeKayeWun

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 1:14 pm

MDH Knights 4 - Sparta Parva 3
0-2 down early on after a keeper error + then a penalty. 2-2 at half time when we started to play it around. They did trouble our back line a bit but apart from that we dominated while they lost their heads. They had a man sent off when we were 3-2 up and we had so many chances again which weren't finished. 4-2 felt good but when they pulled one back with 5 mins to go it didn't! Special mention for Ross Digby who could have made it 5 just before the end so we could relax a little if he'd only passed!!! :-D
Really looking forward to our first final!
Back to top Go down
spartano1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 2:04 pm

TeeKayeWun wrote:
0-2 down early on after a keeper error + then a penalty. 2-2 at half time when we started to play it around. They did trouble our back line a bit but apart from that we dominated while they lost their heads. They had a man sent off when we were 3-2 up and we had so many chances again which weren't finished. 4-2 felt good but when they pulled one back with 5 mins to go it didn't! Special mention for Ross Digby who could have made it 5 just before the end so we could relax a little if he'd only passed!!! :-D

we could and should have been 4-0 up after 2 one on one misses, in all fairness you deserved it as we were terrible today we couldnt even turn up for a semi-final, half-time bollocking and full-time bollocking
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 3:53 pm

bullies 2 - 3 advance

good game to be fair started sloppy with advance putting us straight under the cosh for the first 15-20mins then we went 1-0 up against the run of play. they started getting the ball wide and deep and started causing no end of problems, having missed a 1 on 1 and a few shots off target they got their goal which in my opinion was a soft goal but also deserved then within 2 mins they got another 1-2 with about 3 mins to go till half time. second half we started brightly and it was pretty even although they missed another chance 1 on 1 (great saves by glen)then with 20 mins left our defender makes a great tackle then gives him it straight back after shot /cross our right back tried to clear and sent it in the net then they just shut the shop. overall good game pleased we managed to give them a game and the best team on the day won. all good lads too good luck in the final advance..
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 4:10 pm

Sparta Parva Res 0 - 8 Talbot

Talbot fully deserved it, great performance by them and will gladly admit they were by far the superior team. We did enjoy the first 20 minutes but as soon as it went 1-0 they started to play some real good stuff. Very bizarre incident during the second half after the Talbot keeper made a cracking save left both teams very confused!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/spartaparvafc
bpmsmurf

bpmsmurf

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 4:15 pm

AFC Sporting 3 FC Kibworth 3 Slow start again!!
Tom Bradley-Smith (2)
Nathan Murphy (1)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 4:34 pm

Well chuffed with the result today, Saffron Lounge are a very good team, got some decent ball players at the back and bundles of pace up front. Seemed like a really decent set of lads as well and had some good banter with them throughout. We didnt play at our best today and both sides had injury problems but was a cracking game. I dont think we were 5-2 better than them today but Jay Heighton was clinical in front of goal for us.
Cheers once again Saff, will be cheering you on down at Holmes Park in your cup final next week.
Congrats to all other teams making the respective finals today
Back to top Go down
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 4:54 pm

Sunbury 6 Wigston Utd Res 1

Brilliant four goal haul by player manager Nathan Corby today. Well deserved. Looking forward to the challenge of Hoskins in the Foster Semi next week at Aylestone Park

Last edited by Alan Partridge on Sun 06 Mar 2011, 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 5:30 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
Well chuffed with the result today, Saffron Lounge are a very good team, got some decent ball players at the back and bundles of pace up front. Seemed like a really decent set of lads as well and had some good banter with them throughout. We didnt play at our best today and both sides had injury problems but was a cracking game. I dont think we were 5-2 better than them today but Jay Heighton was clinical in front of goal for us.
Cheers once again Saff, will be cheering you on down at Holmes Park in your cup final next week.
Congrats to all other teams making the respective finals today

No Levi Porter playing for them then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 5:36 pm

No mate, think he plays for Wigston Car Breakers regularly now. They dont need him, got some cracking players on the wing, lots of pace
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 5:40 pm

They lost today.

WBC that is.
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 5:45 pm

Hellboy wrote:
They lost today.

WBC that is.

Isn't WBC a world title boxing belt
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 5:55 pm

Saff Lounge 2 NRI 5

The scorline makes this result look quite convincing but to be fair to Saff Lounge it was far from it.

We NRI started off fairly well and went 1-0 up with an absolute quality finish by Jay Heighton from a Dave Ilinicki cross, Saff then started to cause a fair few problems with some very good movement and blistering pace up top from Keohane, Anderson and Dovey, at times they were pulling us all over the place and drew level with a neat lob, not long after that Saff went 2-1 up with another good move and at this time we were all over the gaff.

NRI then started to get back into the game a bit more after pure pressure from Saff Lounge, and eventually drew level from a Dave Ilinicki wonder strike from a good 30 yards which I have to say was sublime. Overall it was Saff who just edged the half. H.T 2-2

The second half started with Saff on top again but a great run by Daz Bailey from half way line and put an inviting square ball to Jay Heighton to side foot home put us 3-2 up, it was end to end for a while with Saff having the better clear cut chances but could not break down the athletic WIDDS who I personally thought he had his best game for us.

Again another really good move from NRI and another quality finish from Jay Heighton put us 4-2 up, we then lost Dave Ilinicki through a bad groin injury before Daz Bailey sealed matters with a calm finish, 5-2.

Like I said, I thought the scoreline flattered us a little and it was just a case of quality goals and finishes from our top 3 strikers that made the difference.

I have just recieved the news that Liam Dent ( Denty ) has broken a bone in his foot and will now be out for possibly the rest of the season, absolutely gutted at this news as he has been a pivotal player in our recent progress in recent months. He picked up the injury after about 10 minutes of this game but played the entire match with a broken bone in his foot, he knew that we had several players missing and carried on putting the team first.

From myself and i'm sure the whole entire NRI Team, hopefully Denty will make a speedy recovery and get back playing with us before the season finishes.

Last edited by THE MAGICIAN on Sun 06 Mar 2011, 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 5:58 pm

EFC 3-6 Harrow

Unfortunately for EFC they only had 9 men for first 5 minutes which enabled us to go 1-up, then unfortunately for us Reece and 11th man turn up, Reece brought down in box, penno and 1-1 then he ran through for 2-1 and remained until HT. 15mins into 2nd we equalized although straight after KO Morris to Morris and 3-2, then we decided to turn up, cracking equalizer from er.....oh yeah, me and then all 1 way traffic, could have been more but for some cracking saves from EFC keeper.

Reece was that fast we could't even foul him, special mention to vince who came on and kept him quiet for last half hour.

Cheers to EFC, great lads and banter and an opposition player older than myself
Back to top Go down
phoenix_flyer

phoenix_flyer

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 6:05 pm

Phoenix 3 Niffy Ressies 5

Well not sure what to say about that. It was a game that we could have won 9-8 based on clear cut chances but we really didnt have our shooting boots on. Niffy are a decent side but tbh i think like for like were probably just as good if not better but we are getting in a bad habit of losing tight gritty games this season. 1-4 down at half time to two absolute screamers but bombarded them for majority of second half, had a lifeline when there CM got sent off saving what woulda been a stunner on the line and pulled it back to 4-2 from the peno, got caught on break 2-5 them from then on they sat in 2 banks of 4 nand made life hard work for us.

Niffy are a good side but will never finish top im sure and some of there players need to take a look at themselves when it comes to tackling
Back to top Go down
Keo27

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 6:12 pm

Nri good set of lads, I gathered they didn't play there best today cuz they didnt look happy with there performance! Like they said we started this game great but just played poor towards the end.. There strike force played top today whilst I couldn't hit a barn door with a machine gun!!!good luck in the final lads!!!!!
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 6:17 pm

Keo27 wrote:
Nri good set of lads, I gathered they didn't play there best today cuz they didnt look happy with there performance! Like they said we started this game great but just played poor towards the end.. There strike force played top today whilst I couldn't hit a barn door with a machine gun!!!good luck in the final lads!!!!!

Cheers Ash, you caused us some problems big time, think we were dissapointed because we know we can play better than that and the difference today was that we were clinical with our chances.

All the best in your County Cup final, I know a few of us are coming down to watch it, if you play like you did today then i'm sure you will win it.
Back to top Go down
Kylinhio

Kylinhio

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 7:17 pm

Niffy 4-2 Horse

Rory Cuthbert 2 including a 25 yard free kick!
Scott Clarke and Karl Reid with the goals for niffy

Two own goals got horse there goals, one a bullet header from Josh Vesty and the other Peter Hodges deflecting a cross into the bottem corner.
Back to top Go down
Jim royle

Jim royle

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 7:30 pm

Saff lounge very good side tested us all over the park! Scoreline flatters us in fairness! Don't think the strike force had the best day at the office but showed why they have the amount they have between them!
Hope the injuries picked up don't ruin the good first season but on a happier note nice to see the returning scouse and steve Coleman!
Good luck to saff in the county cup! Decent bunch of lads!
Back to top Go down
dave ash
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 8:10 pm

Tomassi wrote:

Talbot fully deserved it, great performance by them and will gladly admit they were by far the superior team. We did enjoy the first 20 minutes but as soon as it went 1-0 they started to play some real good stuff. Very bizarre incident during the second half after the Talbot keeper made a cracking save left both teams very confused!! Evil or Very Mad

After agree they did play well today but i don't know who was worse on the day US or the referee, the only time he left the centre circle was when he collected his £28 and that was £27 too much. very poor
Back to top Go down
Throop Boss

Throop Boss

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 9:07 pm

Trinderbox 3 - 4 Throop. fc
Tough game today with both teams attacking end to end , we went ahead twice but Trinderbox never gave up to make a nail biting finish ! Good bunch of lads Trinderbox and I think they will do well if they win promotion in div 2
Back to top Go down
kirby muxloe ranger N10

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 9:13 pm

Good game today kirby 3-3 Sparta

Thought over the whole game was quite even.

A couple of last ditch tackles and some good moves

I thought we were very unlucky not to have all 3 points first few mins Sparta should have been down to 10 men how the ref did not see it as even a foul shocked both fans. With a shout from their bench saying you got away with 36 quid there

Then at 2-2 the ref has gave a pen to Sparta and again a number f Sparta players saying it was not a pen

So all in all a good game

And is always nice to score a last min goal Smile

Good game look forward to the return leg at their place
Back to top Go down
http://www.premier-prints.co.uk
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 11:20 pm

Kirby manager...you are clearly deluded as I was at the game, it seems to be a habit to blame the referee when you don't win! moshdock for the title...!
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 11:41 pm

kirby muxloe ranger N10 wrote:
Good game today kirby 3-3 Sparta

Thought over the whole game was quite even.

A couple of last ditch tackles and some good moves

I thought we were very unlucky not to have all 3 points first few mins Sparta should have been down to 10 men how the ref did not see it as even a foul shocked both fans. With a shout from their bench saying you got away with 36 quid there

Then at 2-2 the ref has gave a pen to Sparta and again a number f Sparta players saying it was not a pen

So all in all a good game with a below standard ref

And is always nice to score a last min goal Smile

Good game look forward to the return leg at their place
I would like to know how you heard the shout from their bench when you was loudly squealing like a baby,having watched the game i witnessed several Kirby players try to intimidate the Ref in the early part of the game and he shut them up,dumber and dumber in your midfield had massive gobs but no quality,you lot always complain when you don't win,just a thought when your playing a top of the table game try and concentrate on the game and not on questioning every decision

Last edited by littlebigman on Mon 07 Mar 2011, 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : inapropriate naming of a player)
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 8:21 am

doesn't matter how many players think its a penalty or not, if the referee thinks it is, end of story
Back to top Go down
papa lazarou

papa lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 8:32 am

phoenix_flyer wrote:
Phoenix 3 Niffy Ressies 5

Well not sure what to say about that. It was a game that we could have won 9-8 based on clear cut chances but we really didnt have our shooting boots on. Niffy are a decent side but tbh i think like for like were probably just as good if not better but we are getting in a bad habit of losing tight gritty games this season. 1-4 down at half time to two absolute screamers but bombarded them for majority of second half, had a lifeline when there CM got sent off saving what woulda been a stunner on the line and pulled it back to 4-2 from the peno, got caught on break 2-5 them from then on they sat in 2 banks of 4 nand made life hard work for us.

Niffy are a good side but will never finish top im sure and some of there players need to take a look at themselves when it comes to tackling

you must have been watching a different game.
both teams had plenty of chances. very even game.
and bad tackles from both teams, didn't help on that pitch.

two absolute worldies from danny and shane in the first half.
and the fifth goal scored by jamo really killed the game off.
great save off the line as well. lol
Back to top Go down
KMR9

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 9:02 am

Right 1st things 1st Capello, the original post on here was not from the Kirby Manager, so where you get that from i will never know, id like to also know where the comment about us always blaming refs for our defeats come from, can you show me? 2nd thing littlebigman, were the Kirby players trying to intimidate the ref in the same way as Moshdocks sideline was trying to intimidate our linesmen 2 the point the ref had to ask him to switch sides or are we not gonna be big enough and admit that? maybe both side were as bad as each other!!!!

its all good coming on a forum after the game and hiding behind your computer and mouthing off about people, begs the question as to why you couldnt go up to these certain players after the game and say what you had to say, i await all the responses from the usual posters on here that stick together on everything saying how bad Kirby are or how we have no quality.
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 9:06 am

Tomassi wrote:

What was this about being booked for stating that the keeper made a good save?? I'm intrigued....
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 9:10 am

TeeKayeWun wrote:

Watched this semi final today, and the final is gona be a cracker! MDH dominated the game really, and deserved to win by a few more if i am honest. To their credit Sparta battled well, even with 10 men, Rutter and Liam Towers looking dangerous but if you think that the three goals came from the keeper dropping the ball in his own goal (he had glandular fever to be fair) and two penalties MDH deserve their shot at Holmes Park. Good luck to both sides, should be some very good football played and will do the lower divisions proud i reckon
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 9:48 am

KMR9 wrote:
Right 1st things 1st Capello, the original post on here was not from the Kirby Manager, so where you get that from i will never know, id like to also know where the comment about us always blaming refs for our defeats come from, can you show me? 2nd thing littlebigman, were the Kirby players trying to intimidate the ref in the same way as Moshdocks sideline was trying to intimidate our linesmen 2 the point the ref had to ask him to switch sides or are we not gonna be big enough and admit that? maybe both side were as bad as each other!!!!

its all good coming on a forum after the game and hiding behind your computer and mouthing off about people, begs the question as to why you couldnt go up to these certain players after the game and say what you had to say, i await all the responses from the usual posters on here that stick together on everything saying how bad Kirby are or how we have no quality.
From what i saw the Ref noticed what was happening to your lino and moved him to the right back position,unfortunately in football people do moan at refs and linos,i thought the ref did well to move both linos to help the game,i thought dumber and dumber in your midfield were trying to intimidate the ref but he was not having it(fair play to him),it seems to me certain Kirby players think they are something they are not and that is they think they are refs Very Happy
dont want to give your team any more advice but number 7 squealing to have a player subbed after he made a bad pass is not the best for team spirit
Back to top Go down
KMR9

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 10:14 am

littlebigman, i am going to PM you to carry on this topic rather then thrash it out for everyone to see, that way we can get to know who each other is and hopefully put a end to all this comical nonsense of bashing people over a public forum.
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 10:40 am

good results for throops im sure my m8 andy cotton will be looking forward to the clash with us.
trinderbox are a decent team and for throops to beat umm must be a strong team them selfs so its going to be a cracker ....
and what a great result for GT heard scrappy had 10 men for a while but scrappy are still good enough with 10 but still GT ive heard didnt fluke there way through and was well wothy off the win .
but advance in final could all be horribly wrong 4-0
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 11:14 am

fc hoskins wrote:
good results for throops im sure my m8 andy cotton will be looking forward to the clash with us.
trinderbox are a decent team and for throops to beat umm must be a strong team them selfs so its going to be a cracker ....
and what a great result for GT heard scrappy had 10 men for a while but scrappy are still good enough with 10 but still GT ive heard didnt fluke there way through and was well wothy off the win .
but advance in final could all be horribly wrong 4-0

we wouldnt of had a better chance of a cup after that result from GT but advance just too good on the day and alot fitter on that big pitch. nobody saw that result coming just shows scrappy are not invincible coleman incase u both play each other in the final.
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 12:25 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
TeeKayeWun wrote:

Watched this semi final today, and the final is gona be a cracker! MDH dominated the game really, and deserved to win by a few more if i am honest. To their credit Sparta battled well, even with 10 men, Rutter and Liam Towers looking dangerous but if you think that the three goals came from the keeper dropping the ball in his own goal (he had glandular fever to be fair) and two penalties MDH deserve their shot at Holmes Park. Good luck to both sides, should be some very good football played and will do the lower divisions proud i reckon

For the first 15 minutes we had no idea, we sat off them and there number 8 ran the show. Then a horror moment as a ballooned cross was dropped into his own net by our keeper but you've gotta give it to him the lad has got glandular fever and the boys got right behind him (he later made a couple of saves when one on one to keep us in it) A little later the first of 2 debatable penalties although for me I can see why the first was maybe given and all of a sudden it looked all over.
The fightback was fantastic to watch, the lads closed down all over the pitch and just looked like they maybe wanted it that little bit more. We played a little when the time was right and worked hard at other times and a few of the goals were nicely worked. As this team it is our first season and on the day I was really proud of what the boys did. Can't wait for the final!
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 12:37 pm

L.K.F.C wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:
TeeKayeWun wrote:

For the first 15 minutes we had no idea, we sat off them and there number 8 ran the show. Then a horror moment as a ballooned cross was dropped into his own net by our keeper but you've gotta give it to him the lad has got glandular fever and the boys got right behind him (he later made a couple of saves when one on one to keep us in it) A little later the first of 2 debatable penalties although for me I can see why the first was maybe given and all of a sudden it looked all over.
The fightback was fantastic to watch, the lads closed down all over the pitch and just looked like they maybe wanted it that little bit more. We played a little when the time was right and worked hard at other times and a few of the goals were nicely worked. As this team it is our first season and on the day I was really proud of what the boys did. Can't wait for the final!

am sure u boys enjoyed the semi final celebrations to Smile drunken
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 1:14 pm

Congrats again MDH, looks like a new name on the trophy this season then!

Sean (Desford) - what happened with your game against TGOD....intrigued!!
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 1:29 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
L.K.F.C wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:
TeeKayeWun wrote:

am sure u boys enjoyed the semi final celebrations to Smile drunken

Indeed I struggled to get to work this morning, 10 hour bender with a good number of the lads, a great time was had by all!
Back to top Go down
saff lounge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 3:45 pm

Saff Lounge 2 NRI 5

The scorline makes this result look quite convincing but to be fair to Saff Lounge it was far from it.

We NRI started off fairly well and went 1-0 up with an absolute quality finish by Jay Heighton from a Dave Ilinicki cross, Saff then started to cause a fair few problems with some very good movement and blistering pace up top from Keohane, Anderson and Dovey, at times they were pulling us all over the place and drew level with a neat lob,

it wasnt any of the doveys, ryan was in goal and his brother baz is injured, it was ryan rowley hes a great little player but hes played too much lately with an ankle knock, he scored a hat trick for friar lane in the week in 8 minutes, anyway back to the game, i personally believe that saff lounge were the better side over the 90 minutes, the difference being nri took their chances, i guess that nri had about 7 shots in the game and scored 5, very clinical up top, we should have scored 5 in the 1st half, nri are a great set of lads and i cant begrudge them their victory (well not too much anyway) good luck to nri in the final and i hope you go on to win it, hope denty recovers quickly to, did nothing wrong in my eyes even if a couple of my players did get mardy with him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitimeMon 07 Mar 2011, 5:19 pm

saff lounge wrote:
Saff Lounge 2 NRI 5

We NRI started off fairly well and went 1-0 up with an absolute quality finish by Jay Heighton from a Dave Ilinicki cross, Saff then started to cause a fair few problems with some very good movement and blistering pace up top from Keohane, Anderson and Dovey, at times they were pulling us all over the place and drew level with a neat lob,

it wasnt any of the doveys, ryan was in goal and his brother baz is injured, it was ryan rowley hes a great little player but hes played too much lately with an ankle knock, he scored a hat trick for friar lane in the week in 8 minutes, anyway back to the game, i personally believe that saff lounge were the better side over the 90 minutes, the difference being nri took their chances, i guess that nri had about 7 shots in the game and scored 5, very clinical up top, we should have scored 5 in the 1st half, nri are a great set of lads and i cant begrudge them their victory (well not too much anyway) good luck to nri in the final and i hope you go on to win it, hope denty recovers quickly to, did nothing wrong in my eyes even if a couple of my players did get mardy with him

Questionable!!! I thought a very even game, not sure where the five in the first half would have come from lol
But was a good game, two different styles of football, both good to watch, and your boys were sound. Your county cup final tomorrow?
Denty out with broken metatarsel, possibly up to 8 weeks..Dave Ilnicki looking doubtful for the final....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 6 March   Banter for Sunday 6 March Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for Sunday 6 March
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next