Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS

Go down 
+9
Whistle Blower
Kylinhio
The Inter Mivan Man
Polska legend II
greeeedy
L.K.F.C
Hellboy
Paulo
man in black
13 posters
AuthorMessage
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Empty
PostSubject: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 11:43 am

THURS SLEET SHOWERS MAX 7 MIN -4
FRI LIGHT SNOW MAX -1 MIN -3
SAT HEAVY SNOW MAX 0 MIN -3
SUN CLOUD MAX -1 MIN -4
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 11:45 am

not looking good then!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 11:48 am

which council will be first

Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 12:01 pm

Move on over Michael Fish.
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 12:03 pm

and better looking hell boy
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 12:28 pm

ooooh.... i wouldn't go that far, mind you, he wouldn't look good in a refs outfit.
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 1:02 pm

Very Happy neither do i Very Happy
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 1:37 pm

get the goal mouths covered!!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 1:52 pm

Nip down B&Q buy a few rolls of tarpaulin, some tent pegs, some outdoor heaters, and enough gazeebo's to cover the pitch, and you might, just might, get a game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 2:01 pm

Follow the mighty Rochdales plan of a few years ago where there supporters got oil drums on two pieces of wood and then burnt stuff in the oil drums....to thaw the pitch....partially worked.....
Actually, come to think of it, the councils may not be too happy about loads of fires being lit across the county!!
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 2:05 pm

why is the weather always dodgy at the weekends never in the week? why the hell cant we get snowed in on a monday morning rather than a sunday morning?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 2:21 pm

Everything today suggests that Sod's Law is interchangeable with Murphy's Law, and effectively means that whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.

B&Q would probably be shut when you got there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 4:30 pm

greeeedy wrote:
why is the weather always dodgy at the weekends never in the week? why the hell cant we get snowed in on a monday morning rather than a sunday morning?

Very good point....like Homer Simpson once said....what are the odds of being ill at the weekend....a hundred to one!!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 6:55 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
Follow the mighty Rochdales plan of a few years ago where there supporters got oil drums on two pieces of wood and then burnt stuff in the oil drums....to thaw the pitch....partially worked.....
Actually, come to think of it, the councils may not be too happy about loads of fires being lit across the county!!

that happens on Knighton Park anyway, footie or not!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010, 6:57 pm

let's get the games on on Boxing Day!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec 2010, 10:48 am

Polska legend II (Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:55 pm) wrote:
New Road Inn wrote:

that happens on Knighton Park anyway, footie or not!

We've got to do that in our back garden to keep warm soon, saves on the gas bill, dont think the shareholders will be very happy though, still if you do privatise fuel, people will make their own warmth, a bit off topic but, no way on this earth should people be made rich, by others trying to keep warm, pure evil.... a little old lady dies of hyperthermia, but wow look at the size of my bank balance...pure evil.
Back to top Go down
The Inter Mivan Man

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec 2010, 7:02 pm

I fear the frozen ground more than the snow! It showed this week with the amount of games called off last week and the temperatures weren't as server as predicted for this week, not good!
Back to top Go down
Kylinhio

Kylinhio

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec 2010, 8:42 pm

why dont we just start the league 2-3 weeks earlier to cover posponded games towards the end of the season as this happenes EVERY season, would stop all the stupied mid week games that we will get piled up with AGAIN!

or have a winter break like the spanish n that do
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010, 11:23 am

man in black wrote:

THURS SLEET SHOWERS MAX 7 MIN -4
FRI LIGHT SNOW MAX -1 MIN -3
SAT HEAVY SNOW MAX 0 MIN -3
SUN CLOUD MAX -1 MIN -4

Its changed again, now its sunny through till next weds, with no snow forecast.... Razz all change...all change. No
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010, 11:53 am

snow forecast at midday today ,,,,only light shower

SAT MAX -3 MIN -6

SUN MAX -1 MIN -4

MON MAX 0 MIN -6
Back to top Go down
Whistle Blower

Whistle Blower

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010, 12:55 pm

forget it...(again)...
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010, 1:02 pm

we're desperate to play and got out last night to cover the goal mouths, went out and checked this morning and the goal mouths are ok but the strip down the centre of the pitch which has little grass cover was frozen. We'll try again tonight to cover as much of that as possible but it appears mother nature just doesn't like football!!!
Back to top Go down
The Fixture Secretary
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010, 1:05 pm

Kylinhio wrote:
why dont we just start the league 2-3 weeks earlier to cover posponded games towards the end of the season as this happenes EVERY season, would stop all the stupied mid week games that we will get piled up with AGAIN!

cheers cheers cheers

First time I have seen this sort of message this season!!!
Our hands are tied for the start of the season with most pitches not available. Some are avilable and the league offers teams the chance to kick off early (as Humberstone Rangers did this season) but it's not easy. Another league this season wanted to start their full fixtures on the 29th August. They didn't. I assume it didn't happen because of the logistics of it and the Council weren't overally receptive!! There is a plan in place and we (all the Saturday, Sunday and Junior) leagues work together and follow it. It's not just the Alliance league that decide when to start and finish the season!!

This weather and postponements does not ONLY frustrate the clubs. My life is loads of fun right now. I spend loads of time sorting and changing fixtures weekly to receive loads of calls on a Friday / Saturday and Sunday to say they are postponed!!

After this Sunday is done I get my mid season break (26th December off) and the chance to forget about the crap of the weather and games that need re sorting etc!! Have a good one everyone!!

rendeer santa

Anyone want to ask about extending the season to avoid midweek games???

bom

Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010, 1:58 pm

L.K.F.C wrote:
we're desperate to play and got out last night to cover the goal mouths, went out and checked this morning and the goal mouths are ok but the strip down the centre of the pitch which has little grass cover was frozen. We'll try again tonight to cover as much of that as possible but it appears mother nature just doesn't like football!!!

bring in the army
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010, 2:04 pm

The Fixture Secretary wrote:
Kylinhio wrote:

cheers cheers cheers

Our hands are tied for the start of the season with most pitches not available. Some are avilable and the league offers teams the chance to kick off early (as Humberstone Rangers did this season) but it's not easy. Another league this season wanted to start their full fixtures on the 29th August. They didn't. I assume it didn't happen because of the logistics of it and the Council weren't overally receptive!! There is a plan in place and we (all the Saturday, Sunday and Junior) leagues work together and follow it. It's not just the Alliance league that decide when to start and finish the season!!

This weather and postponements does not ONLY frustrate the clubs. My life is loads of fun right now. I spend loads of time sorting and changing fixtures weekly to receive loads of calls on a Friday / Saturday and Sunday to say they are postponed!!

After this Sunday is done I get my mid season break (26th December off) and the chance to forget about the crap of the weather and games that need re sorting etc!! Have a good one everyone!!

rendeer santa

bom

I am probably speaking on behalf of about 95 % of people involved with this league that we are truely grateful of your efforts and will contnue to be so.

I can only imagine you probably don't even have time to sleep let alone do your Cristmas shopping etc, So once again from myself and all those at NEW ROAD INN we really appreciate your efforts and time spent trying to organise us a game of football whilst pissing into a gale force wind.

Merry Christmas Mr fixtures Sec and lets hope the start of next year presents you with less of a headache.
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010, 2:46 pm

Hellboy wrote:
L.K.F.C wrote:

bring in the army

Tried them but the rising petrol prices have priced them out of the market for us.... Shame really. Wink
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010, 5:54 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:

I am probably speaking on behalf of about 95 % of people involved with this league that we are truely grateful of your efforts and will contnue to be so.

I can only imagine you probably don't even have time to sleep let alone do your Cristmas shopping etc, So once again from myself and all those at NEW ROAD INN we really appreciate your efforts and time spent trying to organise us a game of football whilst pissing into a gale force wind.

Merry Christmas Mr fixtures Sec and lets hope the start of next year presents you with less of a headache.

We here at SPARTA MOSHDOCK would also like to agree with this whole-hearthedly. You do a fantastic job and don't get the credit you deserve.
Back to top Go down
Kylinhio

Kylinhio

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010, 7:41 pm

The Fixture Secretary wrote:
Kylinhio wrote:

cheers cheers cheers

rendeer santa

bom

If we could extend the season then why dont we do it?
i saw last season that a team couldnt field a team for a mid-week game and they got fined for it? i thought that was abit harsh as people have other commitments during the week and its not the manager/secetery of the clubs fault if there players cant make it yet there the people who have to either pay a fine or get aload of ringers in. Sunday league needs to be Sunday league and mid-week games should be optional.
You guys have done a fantastic job over the years and no-one would disagree and the mid-week idea at oadby town and frier lane is a great addition, i just think during the end of the season we should extend the league instead of forcing clubs to play mid-week.
im sure just a week or two earlier and a week or two later would be ok? but i dont know what council situations are.
just like we played a good 8-10 pre-season games which could of easily been league games to avoid problems comming towards the end of the season, would the council be in favour of a winter break? maybe they would let us extend a week or 2 if it ment we dont destroy the pitches in the winter.

Merry Xmas btw Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 10:53 am

we get an unofficial winter break anyway - it's called December and January!
Back to top Go down
superfly sec

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 11:58 am

Went down to Western Park this morning and it was rock hard.

James - Any communication from Leicester City Council as yet?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010, 12:01 pm

L.K.F.C wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
L.K.F.C wrote:

bring in the army

Tried them but the rising petrol prices have priced them out of the market for us.... Shame really. Wink

Well if anyone wants to make war with us now, we can throw snowballs at them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS    WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WEATHER FOR NEXT FEW DAYS
Page 1 of 1