Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.

Go down 
+12
dezza
gattuso
saff lounge
Hellboy
greeeedy
mowmacre fc
stevepercy
Katie G
NiffyA
LCFCHOTSHOT
L.K.F.C
Fishandchips
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Empty
PostSubject: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 7:43 am

Harborough Hotshots v MDH Knights

New Road Inn v Queniborough Park Rangers

Niffy Rangers Reserves v Saffron Lounge Bar, Sunday

Oadby Owls v Sparta Parva OR Desford United

Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 8:36 am

Harbrough will be divided come the 30th june, what a massive fixture!!!
The fans get what they want!!
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 8:50 am

L.K.F.C wrote:
Harbrough will be divided come the 30th june, what a massive fixture!!!
The fans get what they want!!

30th June? Laughing
Back to top Go down
LCFCHOTSHOT

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 9:07 am

Just what we all wanted. I think Home advantage is key for us! Smile
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 9:14 am

The Stokes has finally thrown up the game Hotshots and Knights players and fans wanted

With a bit of added spice in this one for both teams, there are numerous links between the clubs...... The Hotshots Gaffa returns to face his former side for the first time after a summer walkout, Sparrow the new Knights boss gets the chance to pit his wits against his former mentor for the first time Laughing Hotshots players Dan Cook, Ash Marlow, Joe Horner and Shaun Taylor all line up against their former club and Brothers Alex and Tom Stafford will line up against each other, possibly depending on selections with the younger Tom marking his older sibling. Not to mention the long awaited race between Joe Horner and Steve Percival, with heavy punishment for the loser Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LCFCHOTSHOT

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 9:19 am

Fishandchips wrote:
The Stokes has finally thrown up the game Hotshots and Knights players and fans wanted

With a bit of added spice in this one for both teams, there are numerous links between the clubs...... The Hotshots Gaffa returns to face his former side for the first time after a summer walkout, Sparrow the new Knights boss gets the chance to pit his wits against his former mentor for the first time Laughing Hotshots players Dan Cook, Ash Marlow, Joe Horner and Shaun Taylor all line up against their former club and Brothers Alex and Tom Stafford will line up against each other, possibly depending on selections with the younger Tom marking his older sibling. Not to mention the long awaited race between Joe Horner and Steve Percival, with heavy punishment for the loser Very Happy

And to add, Lee Perry coming up against the lads he plays with on a monday night. The same lads he credits with making him the player he is today! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 9:32 am

Looking at the draw i reckon the favourites have been kept apart. Sparta and saffron lounge must be clear favourites. Especially with the players saffron have access too. I think mdh and NRI are second tier favourites.
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 9:46 am

LCFCHOTSHOT wrote:

I think perhaps we may have to book into a hotel the night before for this one, it's a long way to travel on a Sunday morning! Wink
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 9:46 am

New Road Inn wrote:
Looking at the draw i reckon the favourites have been kept apart. Sparta and saffron lounge must be clear favourites. Especially with the players saffron have access too. I think mdh and NRI are second tier favourites.

I'd agree in as far as you've probably picked the winner in one of your four, but no disrespect to QPR but i'd say you should make the semi's fairly comfortably, As for the others Niffy, Hotshots, Oadby (and desford) will all make the rest of us work for our places.

Happy to of avoided the other three you mention though.
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 10:17 am

I think we have to consider that the Reserves have won this Cup before - with many players having the experience required to keep level heads should they get to Holmes Park.

Have to fancy our reserves, and think the draw is quite favourable considering recent results for Saffron Lounge.
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 10:23 am

L.K.F.C wrote:
LCFCHOTSHOT wrote:

I think perhaps we may have to book into a hotel the night before for this one, it's a long way to travel on a Sunday morning! Wink
Laughing
Back to top Go down
stevepercy

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 10:53 am

Fishandchips wrote:

Still full of confidence mate, on the pitch as long as your quick off the mark your fine......not very often you run 100m on the pitch, if you did then Joe will stand a better chance.

Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 11:24 am

fosse city away prob a best draw missing sunbury beaumont and star garter.
expect fosse to be strong tho and will be a very tough game away
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 11:37 am

stevepercy wrote:
Fishandchips wrote:

Still full of confidence mate, on the pitch as long as your quick off the mark your fine......not very often you run 100m on the pitch, if you did then Joe will stand a better chance.

Steve I'm sure you were faster than Joe anyway weren't ya mate! Wink
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 11:48 am

fc hoskins wrote:

holmes park got ur name all over it and i shall be there to cheer the boys on woop woop
Back to top Go down
stevepercy

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 11:59 am

L.K.F.C wrote:
stevepercy wrote:
Fishandchips wrote:

Well as he bottled it, I guess we'll never know king
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 12:06 pm

fc hoskins wrote:

You on the right thread?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 12:12 pm

NiffyA wrote:
I think we have to consider that the Reserves have won this Cup before - with many players having the experience required to keep level heads should they get to Holmes Park.

Have to fancy our reserves, and think the draw is quite favourable considering recent results for Saffron Lounge.

most of our boys have won trophies before too so not sure you would have an advantage. If you get past saffron which i hope you do - less chance of superstars being interested at quarter finals - then i would put you in the mix, just at this stage i think you May have problems with saff lounge. Otherwise you are in second tier with us!
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 1:07 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
NiffyA wrote:

most of our boys have won trophies before too so not sure you would have an advantage. If you get past saffron which i hope you do - less chance of superstars being interested at quarter finals - then i would put you in the mix, just at this stage i think you May have problems with saff lounge. Otherwise you are in second tier with us!

i think u boys av got a great chance widds and hope u win it mate good luck
Back to top Go down
saff lounge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 1:20 pm

Looking at the draw i reckon the favourites have been kept apart. Sparta and saffron lounge must be clear favourites. Especially with the players saffron have access too

who do saffron lounge have access to then , i would certainly like to know ?
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 1:39 pm

saff lounge wrote:
New Road Inn

Looking at the draw i reckon the favourites have been kept apart. Sparta and saffron lounge must be clear favourites. Especially with the players saffron have access too

Think you guys will give anyone in this competition a game even without brining in any of your alleged contacts
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 1:40 pm

stevepercy wrote:
L.K.F.C wrote:
stevepercy wrote:
Fishandchips wrote:

Well as he bottled it, I guess we'll never know king

couldn't face the thought of percy's face tattooed on his chest Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 3:35 pm

saff lounge wrote:

don't you have some leicester city guy levi porter plus few other very good players signed on? Apologies if i am wrong. But see you guys as favourites so keen to avoid you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 3:38 pm

Cheers greeedy, Will give it our best but at least two teams possibly four are ahead of us in terms of being favourites
Back to top Go down
saff lounge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 8:04 pm

don't you have some leicester city guy levi porter plus few other very good players signed on? Apologies if i am wrong. But see you guys as favourites so keen to avoid you!

no levi doesnt play for us and it would be very sad if he wanted to, i hope he sorts himself out and gets back into professional league football because that is certainly where he belongs, it wasnt that long ago that he was motm against chelsea in the cup

as for favs for the stokes cup, nri are favs (so stop hiding from it), sparta 2nd favs mdh 3rd favs with niffy and lounge probably about joint 4th favs, nri definitely on paper at least have the easiest draw, lounge have played qpr and they seemed very weak to me, in fact i am very surprised that they have made it to the last 8
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 9:15 pm

saff lounge wrote:

no levi doesnt play for us and it would be very sad if he wanted to, i hope he sorts himself out and gets back into professional league football because that is certainly where he belongs, it wasnt that long ago that he was motm against chelsea in the cup

as for favs for the stokes cup, nri are favs (so stop hiding from it), sparta 2nd favs mdh 3rd favs with niffy and lounge probably about joint 4th favs, nri definitely on paper at least have the easiest draw, lounge have played qpr and they seemed very weak to me, in fact i am very surprised that they have made it to the last 8

As i said before i'd be very suprised if nri didn't make the last four, agree with you regarding qpr, think Saffron will edge out Niffy despite the division advantage, hopefully we'll get past hotshots but with the added tensions you never know, and Sparta will have a tough game against what looks like an in form Oadby side (if they get past desford) but I can see most teams still involved fancing there chances of a visit to Holmes park. Can see at least 1 division 5 side getting there and show how tight our division is!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 9:24 pm

Fair enough saff, my mistake. Sparta are above us and beat us so they are favourites. We should get to semi final. But who knows in cup football. We are definitely not favourites lol you not seen our results! Good luck anyway bud
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 9:55 pm

new road inn will get to the final...fact!!!
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 10:36 pm

im backing saff lounge or nri to win it!!!! although id rather nri so that saff lounge dont take too many more trophies into the pub than us lol o
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 10:51 pm

Two very good comments gattuso and dezza i wish there was a like button
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 10:10 am

There is mate. Its next to your avatar but yours says profile on it by mistake lol
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov 2010, 10:19 am

brill... lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011, 9:03 am

looking forward to the game....

Last edited by New Road Inn on Sat 19 Feb 2011, 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jim royle

Jim royle

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011, 9:12 am

Favourites to take the cup too! Always nice to see who is kept in the bag until semi final day!
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011, 11:58 am

Bring them on! Doesnt Faze me or the rest of the nri boys!! makes us want it more!
Back to top Go down
scouse1

scouse1

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011, 12:51 pm

Loving that shout denty, we will be well up for it next week
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011, 12:52 pm

I agree denty nri will not be fazed,end of day i saff feel
They need players of that calibre brought in to beat us then so be it although i note in earlier posts saff lounge deny that levi played for them,a little misleading me thinks
Back to top Go down
http://Db_landscapes@live.co.uk
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011, 12:56 pm

Striker9 wrote:
I agree denty nri will not be fazed,end of day i saff feel
They need players of that calibre brought in to beat us then so be it although i note in earlier posts saff lounge deny that levi played for them,a little misleading me thinks

hes at car breakers aint he? think u will see him against moshdock in the final of county cup they've got some team but i still think moshdock will make it a test for them
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011, 1:02 pm

Apparently signed for both along with danny gallagher
Back to top Go down
http://Db_landscapes@live.co.uk
Jim royle

Jim royle

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011, 1:02 pm

They seem to have quite a few players signed on that cone out for big games! Yet NRI get branded pothuntets lmao!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.   Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stokes QF - predictions, thoughts etc.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next