Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Tour games

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

Tour games Empty
PostSubject: Tour games   Tour games Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 11:45 am

Has anyside here played a tour game either this summer OR in previous years.

On Saturday we played Alder Sports Club of the Liverpool County FA league and got beat 3-1. They were a great bunch of lads who gave us good hospitality and put on a nice buffet afterwards.

The one thing that was interesting is that in the Liverpool County FA it is the referees that give offsides and linesmans job is only to signal a throw in if the ball is out of play. I wonder if this is something that can be implemented in the Leicestershire and Rutland FA:?:
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

Tour games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tour games   Tour games Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 11:59 am

Does this not make the job of a referee even harder, simply because they are not level with the defensive line? i would have thought if the linesmans only job was to follow the defensive line, then they only concentrate on offsides and if the ball goes out of play at a corner. A referee tends to be in a good position to see which way a throw in or corner goes (i.e. deflections), foul throws, foot over the line from throws etc taking some pressure off linesmans. only a alternative thought to the discussion
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

Tour games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tour games   Tour games Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 12:08 pm

I think that is a ridiculous way of doing things. The refs job is hard enough as it is, but to expect them to make all of the offside decisions from the positions they find themselves in is just unworkable.

Granted, linesman may not always be honest, but it is then the job of the ref to make that decision.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

Tour games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tour games   Tour games Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 12:17 pm

I thought it was a bit strange but the ref seemed to cope quite well, we did speak at length about it to him but he just said "it would cause more problems than it would solve" He also said its the same in Bolton & Wigan county fa's

I would vote against it - our way is better and although you get some cheats overall it works
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

Tour games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tour games   Tour games Icon_minitimeTue 01 Jun 2010, 1:05 pm

It is a stupid idea but at least you know where you stand and there can be no claim of cheating.

For me personally I find nothing more infuriating than a ref who gives you the speech at the beginning of the match about relying on the help of his linesman but then mid-way through the game decides to ignore the lino and either give or not give an offside for which he is inadequetly placed to do so.
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Tour games Empty
PostSubject: MDH Knights Tour Holland   Tour games Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010, 8:17 pm

The MDH Knights went wandering over to Holland to see how they do things on the other side of the pond. Our navigator was given the sack hours into the long weekend for being completely useless and from then on we proceeded to have a great time, even fitting in a couple of games of football.
First off we played F.C. Victoria, beating them comfortably in fine style with the final result 7-0.
Next day we suffered, with a squad of 12 and one ruled out we were down to the bare 11 and it showed as 90 mins and countless cramps later the whistle blew with us 2-1 down to F.C. Houten.

Both teams played some great passing football and we had a cracking time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tour games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tour games   Tour games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tour games
Page 1 of 1