Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Results and Banter - Friday 7 May

Go down 
+16
freeagent86
Minty
man in black
Capello
chip douglas
fozzi
PaulMcshane
Hellboy
johnmeode
RM05
Jenko
NICKY-NACKY-NOO
one more season
Gordon
20 posters
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Empty
PostSubject: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 7:32 pm

We had 8 fixtures scheduled for Friday evening, but now there are only 7 as the critically important Sunbury United v Willows match has been postponed due to Willows being unable to field a team.

This game has been rescheduled for Sunday 16 May.

Followers of Division 3 will appreciate that the result of this game will determine the divisional winners and runners up. Sunbury United are a point behind Western Athletic with this game in hand. Sunbury have a better goal difference so need at least a draw to clinch the title.

Both teams are aware of the impact this postponement has on their attendance at the Presentation Event on Sunday 9 May. It is the Management Committee's intention to make the presentation to Sunbury United, immediately after the game, whilst the presentation to Western Athletic will take place at their club's end of season function. Who gets what, remains to be seen.

Please post the results of the games that are played. Meanwhile the season goes on and on and on.........
Back to top Go down
one more season

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 7:46 pm

what will happen if they fail to field a team on the 16th??????
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 7:57 pm

It would be deemed that they have resigned - which is a costly exercise. The results would be expunged, Western Athletic would lose 6 points, but Sunbury United only 3 and the title would be handed to Sunbury United on a plate.

Don't particularly want to go down that route Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
one more season

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 8:08 pm

rules need to be looked at on teams folding regarding points deduction,especially so late in the season, wouldnt you agree?
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 8:29 pm

Similar comments have been expressed with recent late resignations. The rules do not allow for games/points to be awarded - so the fairest method is to delete the results, to create a position as if they were never there, and all the remaining teams will have played each other twice. It is the results which are expunged - conversely you can also get the situation whereby the team resigning have beaten a team twice, so that team would have no points adjustment - as FC Kibworth found out in D5 after the demise of Exeter Arms Reserves.

I agree that the impact of a resignation at a late stage can disrupt the title race, which is very disappointing and frustrating, as Western Athletic found with Exeter Arms, and more recently Kirby Muxloe Rangers with Beaumont Town 2009.

Never good - but at the end of the day it is more appropriate to delete the results, than a team gaining 3 points without kicking a ball.

But hey - Willows have not resigned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 8:37 pm

come on willows Laughing

it is very frustrating and it would be nice to see a solution that see,s the punishment firmly with the team that folds and dont affect the teams that do see out the season.

its a bit hard for me to talk too much on this situation though as if i start going off on one i will just be called a sore loser and to get over it. we just find it hard to swallow that if exeter could have seen the season out we would have been crowned champions last night.

hey ho im sure we will return better and stronger next year and have another crack at it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 9:06 pm

Get over it you sore loser.
Back to top Go down
NICKY-NACKY-NOO

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeThu 06 May 2010, 9:48 pm

I have watched both western athletic A.K.A the Wallys, and Sundbury several times now and have to say that Sundbury are a very quick and physical team and play some great football. But . . . . Western have so much depth and strngh in their side that i believe they did not deserve to be robbed of the title and that Sundbury will take the title with their tales between their legs knowing it was never rearly theirs anyway. My heatrt goes out to every player that feels all their efforts were stuffed by the team formaly known as Exeter. obviously a team of pot hunters or Holmes park wanna be's who had their little dreams crushed by the strengh of the Alliance league division 3. and i would like to add to the best players in the Alliance League by saying Countasthorpe's captain is up their, Countasthorpes keeper, Leicester foxes midfielder Riggers (think thats his name), Western Athletic midfielder Matt Garner, Western Athletic sweeper Kellie and sundburys main striker> just a few players that have caught my eye after watching all the teams in division 3, and have to say that it has been a good season and a tough league to be in. hope to see the same next season and hope its another tough season with the new teams coming up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 6:49 am

Sleep

Prat.

Suppose you could blame his bee's knees mates result.

and its tails.....
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 9:54 am

NICKY-NACKY-NOO wrote:
I have watched both western athletic A.K.A the Wallys, and Sundbury several times now and have to say that Sundbury are a very quick and physical team and play some great football. But . . . . Western have so much depth and strngh in their side that i believe they did not deserve to be robbed of the title and that Sundbury will take the title with their tales between their legs knowing it was never rearly theirs anyway. My heatrt goes out to every player that feels all their efforts were stuffed by the team formaly known as Exeter. obviously a team of pot hunters or Holmes park wanna be's who had their little dreams crushed by the strengh of the Alliance league division 3. and i would like to add to the best players in the Alliance League by saying Countasthorpe's captain is up their, Countasthorpes keeper, Leicester foxes midfielder Riggers (think thats his name), Western Athletic midfielder Matt Garner, Western Athletic sweeper Kellie and sundburys main striker> just a few players that have caught my eye after watching all the teams in division 3, and have to say that it has been a good season and a tough league to be in. hope to see the same next season and hope its another tough season with the new teams coming up.

Cheers for the compliment!
Back to top Go down
RM05

RM05

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 10:00 am

Royals no1 wrote:
NICKY-NACKY-NOO wrote:

cheers for not complimenting me Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 12:56 pm

Royals no1 wrote:
NICKY-NACKY-NOO wrote:

id go with that about you too pal. you made some great saves in the 3 games we played this season. look forward to another 2 at least next season.
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 1:04 pm

Well Beesknees beat both western and sunbury this season! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 1:07 pm

thanks for reminding me Evil or Very Mad Wink
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 1:33 pm

So Countesthoroe Royals should be crowned champs then.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 1:35 pm

Ya all pothunters the lot of ya... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 2:28 pm

wafc wrote:
Royals no1 wrote:
NICKY-NACKY-NOO wrote:

id go with that about you too pal. you made some great saves in the 3 games we played this season. look forward to another 2 at least next season.

Cheers appreciate it, would just like to come out the right end of the result for once lol
Back to top Go down
PaulMcshane

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 4:42 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Ya all pothunters the lot of ya... Embarassed

stick to the topic please.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 6:22 pm

sorry
Back to top Go down
fozzi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
fozzi

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 7:05 pm

NICKY-NACKY-NOO wrote:

Bierst view theres no Ac in there! cheers
Back to top Go down
chip douglas

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 7:41 pm

Bierst view theres no Ac in there! cheers[/quote]

was it biased you were looking for there mongy?
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 8:04 pm

Chip Douglas---Legend I love you
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 8:45 pm

SUPERFLY 4
BIRSTALL RGRS 1
Back to top Go down
Minty
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Minty

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 8:49 pm

Countesthorpe Royals 1
AFC Beaumont 0
(HT) 0-0

we put in a good shift tonight. i had to sub myself off at half time coz i've been chucking up all day. bad times. if we do finish bottom then at least we can say we gave it a good go.

cheers to all the teams we played this season in division 3
Back to top Go down
freeagent86

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 9:11 pm

Fosse City 8 - 5 Anstey Hounds

Tom Hoegger x 2
James Knight x 2
Rob Hillsdon
Wayne Carter
Ryan Bayliss
Sim Parmer
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 9:52 pm

any news on Fengate and great wigston,,,,,,,where was it played

Last edited by man in black on Sat 08 May 2010, 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 10:04 pm

Division 2
Fengate L Great Wigston L
Throops 4 Fleckney Athletic, Sunday 1

Division 4
Superfly 4 Birstall Rangers 1
Fosse City 8 Anstey Hounds 5
Back to top Go down
chip douglas

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeFri 07 May 2010, 11:34 pm

Eggs

Last edited by chip douglas on Sat 08 May 2010, 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 12:14 am

man in black wrote:
any news on Fengate and ac wigston,,,,,,,where was it played

AC on the brain clive.
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 6:57 am

corrected dee
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 8:50 am

Could somebody please post the outstanding results from last night's games.

GT v Premier Sports Travel
Fengate v Great Wigston
Leicester Foxes OB v LM United
Back to top Go down
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 9:24 am

I hear the Fengate v Gt Wigston game didnt go ahead,...mix up with the pitch or something!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Gaz Throops Manager

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 9:28 am

Great Wigston v Fengate postponed

well where do i start, the ref ended up at fengates ground as the fixture was wrong on the website saying we were away when we allready played them away, then we couldnt get into our changing rooms to get the goals out, just to cap the season off great
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 9:33 am

chip douglas wrote:
wafc/danny carr is gonzo

Embarassed
Embarassed
Embarassed
Embarassed
Embarassed
Embarassed
Embarassed
Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 10:48 am

Leics Foxes 4 LM 2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 1:19 pm

Last edited by wafc on Sat 08 May 2010, 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitimeSat 08 May 2010, 2:00 pm

GT 2 Prem Sports 3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Results and Banter - Friday 7 May   Results and Banter - Friday 7 May Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Results and Banter - Friday 7 May
Page 1 of 1