Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Sunday Shield Thurs 2nd April

Go down 
+2
LK_United
phil_brown
6 posters
AuthorMessage
phil_brown

phil_brown

Sunday Shield Thurs 2nd April Empty
PostSubject: Sunday Shield Thurs 2nd April   Sunday Shield Thurs 2nd April Icon_minitimeMon 30 Mar 2015, 1:44 pm

Hope to see some of you watching Sileby vs Huncote in what should be a good final.

I'm sure Huncote are looking to bounce back from last Friday and both title contenders going for Division 3 also.

7pm at Holmes Park!

Back to top Go down
LK_United

LK_United

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Shield Thurs 2nd April   Sunday Shield Thurs 2nd April Icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2015, 12:53 pm

Good luck to both teams tonight, hope it is a good 'un.
Back to top Go down
SAFC_Pothunter

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Shield Thurs 2nd April   Sunday Shield Thurs 2nd April Icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2015, 4:12 pm

Thanks, should be a good game looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
younglksfan

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Shield Thurs 2nd April   Sunday Shield Thurs 2nd April Icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2015, 8:56 pm

any updates ?
Back to top Go down
GazLCFC

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Shield Thurs 2nd April   Sunday Shield Thurs 2nd April Icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2015, 10:42 pm

3-1 to Sileby. I only saw the second half but Sileby the better side. Not a great game for the neautral, lots of petulant tackles and moaning from both sides at the ref. it is amazing as watching with no affiliation (albeit I did know one of the Sileby players) I thought the ref did ok. Only got one big decision wrong imo which was not to book a Huncote defender for a two footed tackle just after half-time. Probably needed help from the linesman as was the wrong side of the tackled player to see it properly.

Sileby missed a penalty late on, player seemed to try and chip it into the top corner and keeper made an easy save.

Every free kick that Sileby had around the area was a quality cross but then didn't really have much attacking it.

Huncote had a few quick players going forward but never really found the right ball to them and unfortunately we're not really good enough at the back on the day.

As I say Sileby deserved the win.

Back to top Go down
SAFC_Pothunter

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Shield Thurs 2nd April   Sunday Shield Thurs 2nd April Icon_minitimeTue 07 Apr 2015, 3:53 pm

GazLCFC wrote:
3-1 to Sileby. I only saw the second half but Sileby the better side. Not a great game for the neautral, lots of petulant tackles and moaning from both sides at the ref. it is amazing as watching with no affiliation (albeit I did know one of the Sileby players) I thought the ref did ok. Only got one big decision wrong imo which was not to book a Huncote defender for a two footed tackle just after half-time. Probably needed help from the linesman as was the wrong side of the tackled player to see it properly.

Sileby missed a penalty late on, player seemed to try and chip it into the top corner and keeper made an easy save.

Every free kick that Sileby had around the area was a quality cross but then didn't really have much attacking it.

Huncote had a few quick players going forward but never really found the right ball to them and unfortunately we're not really good enough at the back on the day.

As I say Sileby deserved the win.

If you missed the first half it was criminal that the scoreline was 1-1. After a shaky first 10 mins where we went 1-0 down we probably played out best football of the season. If it wasn't for an inspired performance from the Huncote keeper it could have been 4/5 at half time.

Lots of poor tackles from the Huncote players. I would have liked a few yellow cards earlier in the game to cut it out but cant complain the ref had a good game.

Still got to play Huncote in the league, should be interesting as it looks like we can win the league in that game.

Have to say Huncote are a decent side and their gaffer seems like a nice bloke, shame they aren't going to win anything this year, if they stick together I'm sure they will compete again next year.
Back to top Go down
Huncote#9

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Shield Thurs 2nd April   Sunday Shield Thurs 2nd April Icon_minitimeThu 09 Apr 2015, 5:48 pm

Congratulations to Sileby - worthy winners and I'm sure they will go on to make it a league and cup double - slight consolation in the fact that I'm happy for a very good friend of mine in the Sileby Gaffer. Proud of the lads for making such big steps after a slow start to the season especially given that we very rarely have more than two subs as well.

We struggled to deal with the quality of their set pieces and our keeper kept us in the game. He was fantastic.

Jack Green ran the show for Sileby, he was fantastic (penalty taking aside) throughout the night.

Was really pleased with how we started but that's the only positive we can take from the game because within 5 minutes of us scoring we were on the back foot for the rest of the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Shield Thurs 2nd April   Sunday Shield Thurs 2nd April Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunday Shield Thurs 2nd April
Page 1 of 1