Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Fines

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PlayingRef

Fines Empty
PostSubject: Fines   Fines Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015, 9:32 pm

In light of a significant amount of bad press this week, should the Alliance league look to review an alternative, not necessarily less regimented approach to issuing points deductions and fines?
In my opinion Sunday football will continue to decline if such penalties continue to be issued. The leagues are the best in the county however the league must accrue funds for occurrences which are unavoidable.. Not having the goals up by 10am, not starting with 11 players, not having a linesman.. If teams are prepared to continue with such handicaps then why can't the league accommodate this?
Seems to be a huge divide between clubs and the committee.
Back to top Go down
PlayingRef

Fines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fines   Fines Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015, 9:34 pm

Failing to control supporters.. It's sunday league!
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Fines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fines   Fines Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2015, 12:15 am

PlayingRef wrote:
In light of a significant amount of bad press this week, should the Alliance league look to review an alternative, not necessarily less regimented approach to issuing points deductions and fines?
In my opinion Sunday football will continue to decline if such penalties continue to be issued. The leagues are the best in the county however the league must accrue funds for occurrences which are unavoidable.. Not having the goals up by 10am, not starting with 11 players, not having a linesman.. If teams are prepared to continue with such handicaps then why can't the league accommodate this?
Not having goals up has never been an issue with the Alliance.
Late startsĀ  (usually the home team) inconveniences both the opposition and the ref and a few minutes grace is invariably given by the ref.
No linesman has always qualified for a fine to help the ref.
A regimented approach ensures fairness and eliminates suggestions of favouritism and influence. Having said that, in my experience, the Committee's guidelines are exactly that and exceptional circumstances are usually taken into account.

Nevertheless your opinions are welcome.

Welcome to the Forum.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Fines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fines   Fines Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2015, 12:16 am

PlayingRef wrote:
Failing to control supporters.. It's sunday league!
County FA matter and would be reported by the ref directly to County. The league will not even be aware until after the County have dealt with it.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Fines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fines   Fines Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2015, 9:19 am

PlayingRef wrote:

I don't know the issues behind the 'bad press' and have no involvement in that, but the overwhelming majority of clubs appear to be happy with the way the league is run and continue to be so. There will always be people or clubs that aren't happy - as in real life, it is impossible to keep all of the people happy all of the time. The point about fines and rules is that they are there for everyone - I am not referring to individual cases but for most of the fines, it will be because a league rule has been broken. And yet 98% of clubs will be able to abide by these rules so they are there for everyone to see at the start of the season. The committee work hard and are not exempt from criticism - nor should they be - but some of the stuff I have read is total nonsense and quite offensive. We live in a blame culture where people are always throwing mud. If this league was shambolic and run by people in it for themselves then that would be one thing, but the league are committed, dedicated football people who work long hours for little or often no reward. Does that mean there is no room for improvement? Of course not. But if someone sets up a club and affiliates with the league then they know the rules. Why would you set up a club knowing you couldn't get 11 players or a linesman some weeks? Or if you couldn't, why would you then complain when the fine came your way? The league has bucked the trend in Sunday football - our numbers have gone up whilst those around the county (and in the UK) have gone down. As I say, there is always room for improvement, but the majority seem to think things are good, so we will continue to work hard and be positive about our football.
Back to top Go down
wopman

Fines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fines   Fines Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2015, 6:57 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
PlayingRef wrote:

I don't know the issues behind the 'bad press' and have no involvement in that, but the overwhelming majority of clubs appear to be happy with the way the league is run and continue to be so. There will always be people or clubs that aren't happy - as in real life, it is impossible to keep all of the people happy all of the time. The point about fines and rules is that they are there for everyone - I am not referring to individual cases but for most of the fines, it will be because a league rule has been broken. And yet 98% of clubs will be able to abide by these rules so they are there for everyone to see at the start of the season. The committee work hard and are not exempt from criticism - nor should they be - but some of the stuff I have read is total nonsense and quite offensive. We live in a blame culture where people are always throwing mud. If this league was shambolic and run by people in it for themselves then that would be one thing, but the league are committed, dedicated football people who work long hours for little or often no reward. Does that mean there is no room for improvement? Of course not. But if someone sets up a club and affiliates with the league then they know the rules. Why would you set up a club knowing you couldn't get 11 players or a linesman some weeks? Or if you couldn't, why would you then complain when the fine came your way? The league has bucked the trend in Sunday football - our numbers have gone up whilst those around the county (and in the UK) have gone down. As I say, there is always room for improvement, but the majority seem to think things are good, so we will continue to work hard and be positive about our football.
totally agree
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fines   Fines Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fines
Page 1 of 1