Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Pitch Price

Go down 
+2
mikehextall
EUFCAudi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mikehextall

Pitch Price Empty
PostSubject: Pitch Price   Pitch Price Icon_minitimeSat 11 Oct 2014, 11:20 pm

Hi all

Just wondering what you guys pay for your pitch per game, just trying to figure out my income and outgoings for my new club.

Mike
Back to top Go down
EUFCAudi

EUFCAudi

Pitch Price Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitch Price   Pitch Price Icon_minitimeSun 12 Oct 2014, 3:06 pm

Average council pitches are around £45
Back to top Go down
the owl

the owl

Pitch Price Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitch Price   Pitch Price Icon_minitimeSun 12 Oct 2014, 3:09 pm

we pay 400 quid for the season at stonehill college fantastic pitches superb changing rooms and showers.
the council had my pants down for years just didnt realise it!!!
Back to top Go down
http://teamstats mowmacre&hoskins f.c.
mikehextall

Pitch Price Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitch Price   Pitch Price Icon_minitimeSun 12 Oct 2014, 7:37 pm

the owl wrote:
we pay 400 quid for the season at stonehill college fantastic pitches superb changing rooms and showers.
the council had my pants down for years just didnt realise it!!!

What does that work out to roughly per game?
Back to top Go down
the owl

the owl

Pitch Price Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitch Price   Pitch Price Icon_minitimeMon 13 Oct 2014, 9:46 am

if you get a good cup run or runs even better price stays the same you pay for season not matches.could work out as little as £30 a game over the season.
Back to top Go down
http://teamstats mowmacre&hoskins f.c.
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Pitch Price Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitch Price   Pitch Price Icon_minitimeMon 13 Oct 2014, 5:04 pm

mikehextall wrote:
Hi all

Just wondering what you guys pay for your pitch per game, just trying to figure out my income and outgoings for my new club.

Mike

Mike, if you are doing costs for a new side I would verge on the side of caution and assume you will pay the maximum for everything. That way as you get actual figures confirmed you can update your workings.

Pitch £50 per game paid in blocks of 10 games in advance (assume 15)
Ref £30 per home league game or per away cup game (assume 15)
Match Kit £350 (can get much cheaper if you shop around)
Second kit (beg or borrow/shirts only) £100
Affiliation League £80
Signing on Books £60
Affiliation FA (Inc insurance) £100
Equipment (balls, first aid, water bottles etc) £250
Total £2140

This is my best guess of the top of my head and is similar to what you would be told in interview, only when you put it all down you see how expensive it can be. You can do it cheaper of course but it could cost this much, hence the number of teams/players of 11v11 reducing its an expensive business

Back to top Go down
CSKA Carnabys

CSKA Carnabys

Pitch Price Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitch Price   Pitch Price Icon_minitimeWed 15 Oct 2014, 5:27 pm

Based on the aforementioned cost projections, based on a squad size of 20 (which I should advise IS BARE MINIMUM) you would need to charge your lads £24.50 signing on fee, and then charge them £5 subs per 90mins played in order to break even.

Pete reckons you could do it cheaper, but I'd doubt that very much. I'd say his initial cost projections are a good estimate.
On top of what Pete has, I would be sure to add a Bad Debt Provision into your forecast, as you'll always end up with a couple of wangs who will do-one without settling their debts.
Also, County Cup entry costs (£16).
Maybe a few trophies for your end of season awards? (£30).

That would mean upping the signing on fee to £29.50pp

Income
Signing on Fee £590.00
Match Subs £1,650.00
Balance B/Fwd £0.00
Sponsorship £0.00
              £2,240.00

Expense
FA Fees              £260.00
Bad Debt              £50.00
Bonus/Prizes £30.00
Teamwear £450.00
Equipment £250.00
Pitch              £750.00
Referees              £450.00
            £2,240.00

Balance              £0.00

Please don't let all this put you off because the whole thing is very rewarding.. but just be aware that if costs are higher than expected, it's sometimes difficult to go to you lads and ask for additional subs on top of their subs they already owe you... and as a result, you will have to pay the additional costs out of your own pocket.

Have a system in place where people top-up their accounts on a monthly basis, it is MUCH easier than trying to collect subs every week.

Try and get as much money up front at the start of the season as this is where you will incurr the majority of your costs, (assuming you dont want to be in debt for 6 months) maybe run a fantasy football comp, predictions table or similar with £10 entry fees for both, and winner of each gets £100.

Let each squad member have his own kit, and let looking after it be his responsibility. Forget the "pile them up after a match and someone wash them" technique, you'll lose kit, 100% guaranteed.

Pay fees on time. If a player gets booked or sent off and you incur a fine, pay it first, THEN chase the player for the money. Late payment fines are an unnessary additional expense that can be easily avoided.

When drawing up your annual budget, aim to make a profit to cover yourself in the event of any unexpected expenses. If you do make a profit, carry this over into next season's accounts, or stick it behind the bar at your end of season bash.
Back to top Go down
allen654
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Pitch Price Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitch Price   Pitch Price Icon_minitimeWed 15 Oct 2014, 5:39 pm

In terms of kit if you have a good set of lads who are willing can offer up numbers and individual kits and players buy them. So we do a signing on fee and a kit fee (if we get a new kit). Players look after there kit, wash it etc as they own it. Start high with the signing on fee then if possible work your way down. Best way to make money for us is through training subs. We train through the year and charge the same amount each week. Numbers flucktuate and as long as we get 11 down minimum we cover the cost and anything else is extra. When we get 16-20 there consistently each week this works well and then can cover costs (particularly for presentation evening) so the money is being pumped back into the club.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pitch Price Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitch Price   Pitch Price Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pitch Price
Page 1 of 1