Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Constitution 2014-15

Go down 
+44
Churchill
L.K.F.C
oily
CornerFlag
Aussie Owl
stevepercy
michu
Cobbo
Notts
bishbosh
mowmacre fc
jc007
GaryNev
Paulo
cookie-monster
Thatchers
FC POCHIN
LK_United
Polska legend II
dezza
trueblue
monsellwmc
spartamoshdock
Hairy Hebrew!
hayden1
Gifford
Brian_and_Peter
gattuso
THE MAGICIAN
Blackie
mermick
allen654
CSKA17
bretty1
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Jimmyb
Pete Mourinho
MJR Legend
Sparta3
TheStarInnFC
Polingtons
Bucko
tysmith c.n.f.c
Gordon
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 11:34 am

You would think so yes. Some are up for the challenge but not many. I don't think any of the lads would leave during the season but whether they would stay after the season I dont know. I would say we have 3 maybe that would be average in the prem (thats a guess as not proven) the rest will struggle massively. Its a big jump, too big.

In all honesty, we are not pot hunters. I believe we would finish mid table in that division 1. Rock bottom in the prem
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 12:33 pm

monsellwmc wrote:
I have said that we would play in the prem if we had to. My point is that there are teams in lower divisions that are better than us.
If you have 5 players that have played in the prem then you have 5 more than monsell.

If the prem is split, top 4 and the rest fighting it out then surely 5 premier players make nearly half a premier team. In that case that would put you 5th on paper surely...

Just because they have played in the Prem does not make them 'Prem quality' players...that's far too a simplistic view. And on the flip side, some of your players may not look out of place in the Prem, even though they've never played there.

Your second point is also very simplistic and we all know football doesn't work like that.

As I've said, we don't necessarily agree with all the decisions, but we know that due to our current circumstances we are in the right division for us. I'm sorry if people aren't happy about that but we know it's nothing to do with being pot hunters etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 1:22 pm

as has been mentioned before, the 'leap up' a few divisions is not as bad as it may seem. you could easily have merged the Prem and Div 1 last year (and some said we should have done), so in effect we have done away with a division. some of the teams are not as overfaced as they might think they are
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 1:53 pm

When will the 1st week's fixtures be done (including the referee's)?
Back to top Go down
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 1:53 pm

The way I see it. We won division 3 which would give us promotion to division 1. We would then be standing as the bottom team in division 1. So why are teams that would be placed above us now below us?
Back to top Go down
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 3:44 pm

Other than monsell reserves changing to Aylestone lounge. What other existing teams have changed their name?
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 3:55 pm

monsellwmc wrote:
Other than monsell reserves changing to Aylestone lounge. What other existing teams have changed their name?
Harrow changed to TopHouse. Pretty sure the rest stayed the same.
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 4:42 pm

Blackie wrote:

at the handbook meeting mate
which I think is about 13th august
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 4:49 pm

I wasn't expecting a serious answer Chris!!
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 5:02 pm

Blackie wrote:
I wasn't expecting a serious answer Chris!!

DOH!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
Thatchers

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 6:45 pm

I can certainly see many of the points of  view's of why this Constitution needs changing! .. as it seem's to me that  most team's are being punished for doing things the right and honest way, ( which we really should be looking after these clubs, and not trying to loose them). Take Royal Oak , Phoenix and Monsell for instanced who have been outstanding to our League so far by gaining promotion each year and being able to adjust and  remain competitive , stage by stage in there developments. But for some reason all there good work could be lost by throwing them in a league where they  are not really equipped for and we will probably run the risk of them folding midway through the season ?  Also the same should apply to Thurmaston and Moshock as by finishing in the bottom 2 surly they deserve the right to try and rebuild again and aim for the Prem! By seeing some of the caliber of the new teams joining / rebranding, like Bulls Head Whetstone in Div 4 who are the Office Update LSL Div 1 , Club who are mainly LK United LSL Div 2 who i think knocked out Monsell and Phoenix in the County Cup and there being put in the Prem....! possibly needs some more thought
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 8:50 pm

Perfectly put mate you are spot on i just hope morley and the rest take note but i very much doubt it as they seem to have there favourates...time will tell i cant see much change
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 9:01 pm

Another valid point thurmo res played npe and niffy in cups last year and lost to them both...they both finished near bottom of div 2 but they still put the reses in a higher divison than them....really?? Surly div 1 for firsts and div 2 for reses
Back to top Go down
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 9:19 pm

Just put 16 teams in the prem and drop the arthur moore. Thurmaston and moshdock stay in the prem, as do monsell and phoenix. Add bulls head plus another 2 from div 1. A little more competitive for anyone out of the top 6 that way. Surely moshdock and thurmaston would be happy with that?
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 9:22 pm

Sounds good to me mate
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 9:29 pm

ive heard a rumour alot of the old nri are pot hunting in div 7
Back to top Go down
cookie-monster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 10:06 pm

i havent seen much and going off the 5 a side tourn yesterday mowacre are alot better than pheonix however you prob have 5 teams in the prem who dont want to be there and if you took them out you would just have another 5 that didnt aswel so theres no winner just get on with it boys and try not to fold then the league will sort it self next season!!!
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 10:40 pm

We die that last year saw the season out wiv both teams so it wouldn't put the prem dwn to 6 teams look where it's got us bk 2 square one
Back to top Go down
cookie-monster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 10:47 pm

No but this is prob the weakest the prem has ever been so if didn't have a good season last year it don't mean ya won't have a good one this year I feel for teams that have jumped up 2/3 divisions it must be hard job to make all 80 teams happy and I wouldn't want to do it
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 10:56 pm

Fair poi t but minus 80 goal dif....says alot mate
Back to top Go down
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jul 2014, 11:44 pm

It is such an awkward season, totally understand what the league have tried to do. But again we are hearing rumours of new new teams being a lot better than they said they are. (Fair play to the honest ones), so what happens! New teams put in silly leagues and clubs who have fought to keep goin seemingly getting penalised. I have no solutions I'm afraid but I just hope the committee take on board what is obviously occurring and act accordingly. They have done it in previous seasons and hope they do it again. The only message I would give to the members, start looking after the teams that have kept the Alliance going and check out the new boys a touch more.
Back to top Go down
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 12:08 am

Its clear that 3 teams need to move down here and I think you'll all agree. Thurmaston, phoenix and Monsell should all be in div 1. So the league need to put bulls head and whoever else is pot hunting into the prem. If anyone knows of any pot hunters out there then let us know. Or let the league know
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 7:09 am

gattuso wrote:

Great. Which team??
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 8:07 am

Wigston rangers reserves??
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 8:37 am

lol Denty.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 9:19 am

Wigston Rangers Reserves will be a youth team entering Adult football for the first time
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Thatchers

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 10:20 am

CSKA17 wrote:
gattuso wrote:

Great. Which team??

Newdawn Athlectic
Back to top Go down
Brian_and_Peter

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 10:37 am

There are obviously numerous teams trying to pull the wool over the League's eyes and this only works to the detriment of the honest clubs within the league.

The league can only put a true reflection on teams with a playing history and the final standings.

When a team finished with 0 points and firmly rooted to the bottom, surely relegation is the only option (such as Humbo in the prem) and so on.

I fully understand the position of the league and their attempt to bolster the top division but common sense really does need to prevail.

Relegate them and give them a chance to rebuild as mentioned before.

As for promotion, I always thought double promotions etc happened only when a team streaks away with the title or request the chance to go higher (and I am sure some do, the honest ones). I know that as above, trying to build up the numbers this season but from 3 to prem is a bit much in anyones eyes I would think.

As for new clubs pulling the wool, such as we are the old this and that, OK, that is fine. Enter them into the appropriate division within the 1st constitution and request a list of registered players BEFORE you issue the final constitution (this could also work for existing clubs and would close the pot hunting loop hole IMHO).

If they are honest, this won't be a problem. You can then check the names easily enough.

Within the first season you can add a transfer clause too, no additions until the month of x,y,z unless submitted via the league. Simple enough, and again, the honest ones won't mind.

This should make sure that the pothunters are discovered AND if they are doing this, they will soon leave. Don't know many that will run for a year just to go hunting next season.

It is your league, you make the rules, enforce them effectively for everyones benefit.

I don't hear Burnley moaning about going in the prem after a well earned promotion, they just try and strengthen...likewise bottom of the prem...down you go. Simples.
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 10:46 am

Blackie wrote:

At the handbook meeting mid August
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 10:54 am

monsellwmc wrote:
Its clear that 3 teams need to move down here and I think you'll all agree. Thurmaston, phoenix and Monsell should all be in div 1. So the league need to put bulls head and whoever else is pot hunting into the prem. If anyone knows of any pot hunters out there then let us know. Or let the league know

Adam don't disagree, in a normal season they would be Div 1, but this a strange season and not one where everyone can be kept happy. Who are the 3 teams that are better than these three. Bulls Head and others may have been accused of pot hunting, some teams may have tried to be dishonest at interview, no one knows for certain till the season starts. Worth noting that players that play in friendlies don't always sign for those sides so it makes the committee's decision on standard even harder.

I don't have an answer at the minute, I am not saying these 3 teams can't drop down, nor am I saying they will - simply asking the queston, which 3 teams can you say in confidence are better (if you ignore simply gossip and rumour)
Back to top Go down
Brian_and_Peter

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 11:15 am

Pete Mourinho wrote:
I don't have an answer at the minute, I am not saying these 3 teams can't drop down, nor am I saying they will - simply asking the queston, which 3 teams can you say in confidence are better (if you ignore simply gossip and rumour)

This is a dangerous assumption Pete to dismiss member comments which proves that you have failed to consider that people who are mentioning specific teams may well have evidence to back up these claims such as players telling them, their own players being asked to play for the new teams and of course people that may have been or are indeed involved with said clubs.
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 11:27 am

Brian_and_Peter wrote:
Pete Mourinho wrote:

This is a dangerous assumption Pete to dismiss member comments which proves that you have failed to consider that people who are mentioning specific teams may well have evidence to back up these claims such as players telling them, their own players being asked to play for the new teams and of course people that may have been or are indeed involved with said clubs.

You miss my point, if it is gossip and rumour they will be no evidence to back it up, if there is evidence then it no longer gossip and rumour.

Club secs have always been and will continue to be encourgaed to activity engage in conversations with committee members so we have the best chance to do what is right for all clubs

Back to top Go down
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 11:35 am

Sparta Moshdock, bulls head (office update) and Magna are all better than Thurmaston, monsell and Phoenix.
Plus whatever new teams have joined lower divisions to pot hunt
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 11:47 am

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
lol Denty.

Too easy Malc lol
Back to top Go down
GaryNev

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 11:56 am

I don't understand how in another post you claimed, Quote 'we would be happy to be in the Prem', but now you have been placed there, you seem to be posting non-stop how you are not good enough, how none of your players are prem standard and that there are many teams placed below you who would beat you 'playing in their underpants'. (Alas Saffron Lounge Bar did one year - great story).

Have you stopped to think that maybe your words on this forum were taking into consideration by the committee when allocating teams. If you were 'happy' to play in the Prem, then why would they not place you there?

Instead of maybe coming on here and belittling your players on how they are nowhere near 'Prem Standard', some signs of encouragement may not go amiss. Perhaps the challenge of picking up points and avoiding relegation in the Prem would be a far greater achievement than winning Division Three.
In your circumstance it is somewhat unfortunate that you have romped Division Three and been placed into the Prem. In any other year, no doubt you would be in Division 1. But you have to take into consideration that there are only 'IMO' four genuine Prem teams in the form of GT, Azzurri, Star and Frolesworth. (Tomlin I have no idea about, but new teams find it hard in the first year). I assure you if you went about it the right way you would have no troubles in that division. However, I feel by the constant moaning you are already on the wrong path.

A team I genuinely feel for is Thurmaston. Having seen them play last year and losing the majority of their squad early on in the season, they must feel hard done by that they are again in the Prem. The only reason this may be is that their reserves are in division one, but I think it is going to be another long season for them.

The League really needs to address the situation of teams dropping out in the Prem though as I am 100% sure this will happen again this season. I would like to see a reason against the league offering free fees including transfer books etc for teams playing in the Prem. This could be paid on a deposit basis at the start of the season and then refunded once a full season is complete. Would make playing AND staying in that particular division more attractive to such teams.
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 11:59 am

GaryNev wrote:
The League really needs to address the situation of teams dropping out in the Prem though as I am 100% sure this will happen again this season. I would like to see a reason against the league offering free fees including transfer books etc for teams playing in the Prem. This could be paid on a deposit basis at the start of the season and then refunded once a full season is complete. Would make playing AND staying in that particular division more attractive to such teams.

This may have legs......
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 12:27 pm

monsellwmc wrote:
Sparta Moshdock, bulls head (office update) and Magna are all better than Thurmaston, monsell and Phoenix.

I disagree on Magna but that's why football is a great game its all about opinions

The interesting question is who is playing for Office Update if all their players are playing somewhere else?
Back to top Go down
cookie-monster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 12:52 pm

"Tomlin I have no idea about, but new teams find it hard in the first year). ". This why we asked not to be straight in there but were just gunna go for it got some good signings and plenty of friendlys booked to give us a chance in not finishing bottom lol
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 12:54 pm

monsellwmc wrote:

Can I ask a simple question here...

How do you know we are better than those teams?

If it's because we were previously in the Prem then that is complete rubbish as so were Thurmaston plus other teams can and often are better than teams in divisions above them.

Add into this the fact that we're a completely different squad this year then how can you be so sure we are better?

You seem to have a very simplistic view that because we were a team in the Prem last year (albeit finishing in bottom 2 - supposed relegation place) we are automatically better than other teams - it doesn't work like that I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jul 2014, 1:32 pm

This is all getting very boring now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Constitution 2014-15
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next