HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Constitution 2014-15

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Constitution 2014-15 Empty
PostSubject: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 11:04 am

The Alliance League Management Committee has lately spent much time in debate and consideration over the Constitution of Divisions for the forthcoming 2014-15 season.

This task has not been straightforward and some words of explanation behind the logic are necessary.

Existing Teams - you will recall that last season we finished with 7 teams in both the Premier and Division 1. Of the withdrawals we have experienced 6, for various reasons have come from those remaining 14 teams. It is essential therefore that teams are pulled up through the constitution to populate the higher divisions to a reasonable number in the desire to provide competitive football. That move has a cascade effect through all divisions. In addition, newly elected teams, often of unknown or uncertain standard of play also have to be factored in, and some regard must also be placed on your final placings from last season

The result is a Constitution, which at first glance may create alarm or surprise. However I would ask that you take time to consider, not so much the divisional title where you find yourself, more the teams which are also in your division. Hopefully you will agree that, based on experience these are of a comparable standard to your own.

New Teams - you have been factored into the Constitution based on interview comments and where applicable previous performance. This is probably a more difficult task than placing existing teams due to the unknown issue for the new clubs and comparable standards for clubs joining from other leagues. The above comments relating to the divisional name are also very relevant. Nevertheless we have made best judgement.

We are anticipating a small number of further applications for membership so appropriate space has also been left to incorporate those prospective teams.

As with any Constitution, time and matches played will determine the degree to which our deliberations have been successful.

On behalf of the Alliance League Management Committee, I am now in a position to release the draft Constitution to member clubs

Premier
Barcabullona
FC Azzurri
Fosse City
Frolesworth United
GT
Monsell WMC
Oadby Owls Mens
Phoenix United
Star & Garter
Thurmaston WMP 2009
Tomlin Allstars

Division One
AC Wigston
AFC Royal Oak
East Goscote Athletic
Enness United
Magna Town 2012
Mowmacre
Seaton
Sparta Moshdock
Thurmaston WMP 2009 Reserves
Webbys Wanderers
Wigston United

Division Two
Athletic Blaby
Clarendon Park Rangers
CSKA Carnabys
Desford Athletic
Fairfield Dynamo
FC Pochin
Huncote Sunday
LDA Spartans
Leicester Bharat Talbot
Leicester Foxes
Niffy Rangers
NPE

Division Three
AFC Bees Knees
Club
Countesthorpe Athletic 2012
FC Tumar
Horse
Humberstone 2000
Leicester Klub Sportowy
Queniborough Park Rangers
Sileby Athletic
The Star Inn
Union Inn
Wigston Rangers

Division Four
Aylestone Athletic 2011
Aylestone Lounge
Bulls Head Whetstone
CFA
Desford Rangers
Leicester Constabulary
Niffy Rangers Reserves
North Kilworth Sunday
Spinney Hill
Sporting Birstall
United Revolution

Division Five
Aberdale Galacticos
Dukla St Andrews
Friar Lane
Global Athletic
Inter Mivan
Pukka Pies
Suecastle
Swinford Chequers
Trinderbox
Vale
Wigston Fields 2012
Wigston Plough Rovers

Division Six
Barneylona
Cossington Royal Oak
Fairfield Athletic
Glenfield United
Harborough Hotshots
Knighton Park
Medz
Meridian Athletic
MJR
Royalist
United East Midlands FC
White Horse Wanderers

Division Seven
Birstall Rangers
Blaby United Sunday 2012
CSKA Carnabys Reserves
FC City of Leicester
Groby Town
Little Bowden
Lutterworth Club
Newdawn Athletic
The Alliance
The Plough Wigston
Tophouse
Wigston Rangers Reserves

Last edited by Gordon on Sat 23 Aug 2014, 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 11:11 am

how come leicester foxes have gone down?
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 11:13 am

Leicester Foxes are a new team
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 11:45 am

Gordan can you please exsplain to me how you can justify putting us (thurmaston) in tje prem??????having lost every game last season and this season reserve players such as myself will be stepping up????? Its a joke i know we aint very well liked but at least be fair
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 11:55 am

B a brilliant April fools this wld b, bet there's a few sides go by a ball is kicked
Back to top Go down
TheStarInnFC

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 12:07 pm

Bucko wrote:
Gordan can you please exsplain to me how you can justify putting us (thurmaston) in tje prem??????having lost every game last season and this season reserve players such as myself will be stepping up????? Its a joke i know we aint very well liked but at least be fair

I've got to agree and I feel the same about The Star Inn having finished bottom of Div 3 last season with only 8 points and having lost every game pre Xmas.

I understood we might be in Div 3 again this season but that's because I thought there would be Prem - Div 6.

Now there are seven divisions we should have gone down a league. I know there are new teams around us but I feel any team who finished bottom of their division has to be relegated to a division below no matter what else is going on around them!
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 12:10 pm

TheStarInnFC wrote:
I've got to agree and I feel the same about The Star Inn having finished bottom of Div 3 last season with only 8 points and having lost every game pre Xmas.

I understood we might be in Div 3 again this season but that's because I thought there would be Prem - Div 6.

Now there are seven divisions we should have gone down a league. I know there are new teams around us but I feel any team who finished bottom of their division has to be relegated to a division below no matter what else is going on around them!
Star Inn have effectively been relegated. You will be playing teams of divisions 4,5 & 6 standard.
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 12:12 pm

Bucko wrote:

i thought the reserves jump up was bad tbh
Back to top Go down
MJR Legend

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 12:13 pm

This is what people do not understand. You are in the same division but everyone has been moved up to make room for new teams. give them a break
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 12:19 pm

Bucko wrote:

I will try - it is accepted that Thurnaston had , by their standards, a poor last season.However as i explained above, a number of withdrawals came from the teams remaining in an already diluted Premier and D1. So the Committee in drafting a division of a greater number of teams had to consider - which are the strongest 11-12 teams in the Alliance League to make up a Premier division? It is their opinion that, despite the playing record last season, Thurmaston remain one of those stronger teams and were placed accordingly
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 12:19 pm

Gordon did state the point in his email, please don't get too hung up on what the division is called.

We finished mid table in Division Five but are "promoted" to Division Four.....clearly finishing 6th out of 12th doesnt warrant a promotion but if we look at the teams around us we are facing those that have come up from the division below plus those than finished around us and new teams.

My suggestion is to look at those clubs you have been placed with, list where they finished last year and compare yourself to them, if after doing this you still believe you are out of your depth, then pick up the phone and talk to Morley. Not everyone can be happy if the league did two up two down then some divisions would have 4 teams in them - not a good season would be over by November Smile

Its been hard work, hence the reason why it took so long to get something out, look at past seasons on the whole the committee has done a good job.

On another note if you think the committee has got it completely wrong please pick up the phone to Gordon or Morley and nominate yourself to join the committee. I am happy to put forward any individual who feels they can add value and new ideas. (PM me if you like with your details and I will propose your involvement at the next meeting)

Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 12:26 pm

TheStarInnFC wrote:
Bucko wrote:

There are 8 divisions, as last season. Due to the reasons above the constitution has been pulled upwards.

The proposed D3 this season comprises 3 from last season's D3, 1 from D4, 4 from D5, 1 from D6 and 3 new teams.
It is the belief of the Management Committee that these teams are of comparative standard
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 12:37 pm

Gordon wrote:
Bucko wrote:

I will try - it is accepted that Thurnaston had , by their standards, a poor last season.However as i explained above, a number of withdrawals came from the teams remaining in an already diluted Premier and D1. So the Committee in drafting a division of a greater number of teams had to consider - which are the strongest 11-12 teams in the Alliance League to make up a Premier division? It is their opinion that, despite the playing record last season, Thurmaston remain one of those stronger teams and were placed accordingly

And moshdock finished above us but you still relegate them??? hardly seems fair
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 12:39 pm

tysmith c.n.f.c wrote:
Bucko wrote:

i thought the reserves jump up was bad tbh

Thanks mate it is harsh especially as they will be weaker due to players stepping up... the manger pulling them out anyway now so 1 team gone already
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 12:40 pm

MJR Legend wrote:
This is what people do not understand. You are in the same division but everyone has been moved up to make room for new teams. give them a break

your so wrong
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 12:42 pm

union inn the old throops only in 3...wow
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 12:43 pm

Gordon has explained the Thurmaston First Team about, I understand your point tho.

The Ressies finished on level points with Ennes who they find themseleves competing against again this year (seems fair)

As above, please pick up the phone and talk to Morley about your concerns

Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 12:50 pm

no point as they don't do anything we stayed behind at the meeting and still get put the prem...not having a go mate just find it very unfair especially with moshdock getting put in 1
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 12:53 pm

Understand your fraustrations and don't worry not taking it personal as I said Morley is your man. Not doubt he will be in touch with your club sec anyway

Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 1:11 pm

Had hoped for at least one more in the Prem, but it's been tough to get 11 I guess.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 1:30 pm

Also as a Wigston based team shouldn't we be in Division 1 with all the others?
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 1:32 pm

Jimmyb wrote:
Had hoped for at least one more in the Prem, but it's been tough to get 11 I guess.

There is hope that one of the sides yet to be interviewed will be of this standard.
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 1:33 pm

Jimmyb wrote:

Regional divisions - MLS-style?
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 1:46 pm

We will struggle in division 3 next season. Lost our superstars and a change in management. Its going to be a long season.
Back to top Go down
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 1:48 pm

Where's the magician gone now?
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 1:54 pm

Hate to be the voice of positivity amongst moaners, but I think it's a pretty good draft.

Star Inn - as pointed out, you're effectively relegated in all but name.

Don't know enough about Thurmaston to comment, but I'm sure that if they did the constitution how they wanted it, there'd be at least 1 team equally unhappy. Speak to the league as suggested, if you don't want to do that, it's your choice, but no point moaning on here about it.
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 1:55 pm

Dan where your superstars gone?? I assume you mean you, Tom & Peck? best three players when you beat us

Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 1:59 pm

What are Monsell Rsvs known as now? Presume Div 5 or 4???
Back to top Go down
allen654
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 2:59 pm

I thought monsell reserves split from the first teams and became monsell wasps or something like that but can't see them there
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 3:06 pm

CSKA17 wrote:
What are Monsell Rsvs known as now? Presume Div 5 or 4???

Aylestone Lounge
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 3:30 pm

Allen654 wrote:
I thought monsell reserves split from the first teams and became monsell wasps or something like that but can't see them there

Monsell Wasps are the old Monsell Magpies if you can remember that far back.....they will be joining the Leicester Sunday League

mermick

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 4:38 pm

Can I just say that we,(humbo) were approached by a certain Sunday League,free admission and would be put in division 3, but we choose to stay, we all know life's and bitch so if your not happy with situation ring me and I we give you the name of the League that were going to put us in the division we're in with this league,all I can say stop moaning and get on with it. If the committee have it wrong there's an A.G.M at the end of the season.
RANT OVER
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 4:39 pm

CSKA17 wrote:
Hate to be the voice of positivity amongst moaners, but I think it's a pretty good draft.

Don't know enough about Thurmaston to comment, but I'm sure that if they did the constitution how they wanted it, there'd be at least 1 team equally unhappy. Speak to the league as suggested, if you don't want to do that, it's your choice, but no point moaning on here about it.

As you say, you don't know enough about Thurmaston to comment so why have you?
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 4:51 pm

Pete Mourinho wrote:
Dan where your superstars gone?? I assume you mean you, Tom & Peck? best three players when you beat us

Jay Heighton, Leon Coleman, Dave Illnicki...

They all played against us, 3 quality players - be a shame if Dan is talking about Wigston losing them
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 4:53 pm

Blackie wrote:
CSKA17 wrote:

As you say, you don't know enough about Thurmaston to comment so why have you?

I haven't said if they are in the right league or not have I?!
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 5:22 pm

Sparta3 wrote:
Jimmyb wrote:

There is hope that one of the sides yet to be interviewed will be of this standard.

Hopefully more than one, can see a dropout or 2 before the kick off!
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 5:25 pm

Sparta3 wrote:
Jimmyb wrote:

Regional divisions - MLS-style?

An extra 15 minutes in bed every other Sunday. Sold.
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 5:26 pm

Sure there will be some changes, New teams, withdrawals, moves.

And I think Moshdock could probably survive in that Prem, yes they're weaker, but still got some good players. Wouldn't expect them to walk Div 1 though by any means.
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 5:52 pm

bretty1 wrote:
Where's the magician gone now?

SACKED.

No hard feelings though, wish them the best of luck.
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 6:42 pm

Malc is one of the best if not the best gaffer in Sunday football
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Constitution 2014-15   Constitution 2014-15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Constitution 2014-15
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next