Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Fixtures

Go down 
+16
Blackie
dan_mitchell_WRFC
FC POCHIN
GazLCFC
Leicester Klub Sportowy
Plough new boy
CSKA17
Spy
The Fixture Secretary
Polska legend II
Hellboy
LKS gaffer
Polingtons
Gordon
Cobbo
gattuso
20 posters
AuthorMessage
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013, 4:32 pm

When can we expect the next set of fixtures to be out
Back to top Go down
Cobbo

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013, 4:36 pm

Fixture booklet arrived yesterday matey so I imagine they'll be on the site soon. Your sec will have them though.
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013, 5:47 pm

They are input - just awaiting a website update which should happen when we have completed all today's work
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013, 7:19 pm

Will there b fixtures on the 29th december
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013, 7:28 pm

Teams were asked, in Fixture Booklet 3 to advise James if they wanted a game on 29 December. Not one came forward, so the answer is No - no games santa 
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013, 7:30 pm

Ok gordon never knew anything about that otherwise ide have said yes 2 a game, we ll b avaliable and pitch is if anything cn b sorted 4 either side
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013, 7:31 pm

Need 2 get games played so we dnt have the same thing that happened 2day
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeSun 24 Nov 2013, 8:45 pm

Gordon wrote:
They are input - just awaiting a website update which should happen when we have completed all today's work
All updated
Back to top Go down
LKS gaffer

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeMon 25 Nov 2013, 1:13 pm

just been sent our fixture list for December and cant believe that we have 4 home games on the bounce , after yesterdays game that's 5 home games on the bounce for the second time this season already !! has anybody else been handed a similar fixture list to us ??? its getting silly now and its a gd job we have just got a sponsor otherwise we would be folding !!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeMon 25 Nov 2013, 1:39 pm

LKS gaffer wrote:
just been sent our fixture list for December and cant believe that we have 4 home games on the bounce , after yesterdays game that's 5 home games on the bounce for the second time this season already !! has anybody else been handed a similar fixture list to us ??? its getting silly now and its a gd job we have just got a sponsor otherwise we would be folding !!
Good grief, thats an awful lot of money to have to fork out, especially for sunday morning footy, lets hope some away games come along soon, not much consolation to have to find that money week in week out.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeMon 25 Nov 2013, 1:54 pm

LKS gaffer wrote:
we also have 4 games on the spin at home. just one of those things - as long as the players put their hands in their pockets each week then it's doable, and of course at some point things will even themselves up and the away games kick in giving the cash flow a smoother passage second half of the season.

one thing I don't like is the new rule where away teams pay for refs in cup games. that does dent the cash flow!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeMon 25 Nov 2013, 1:59 pm

Polska legend II wrote:

one thing I don't like is the new rule where away teams pay for refs in cup games. that does dent the cash flow!
I bet he does;)....... he must have at least one cup game out of the 4.
Back to top Go down
The Fixture Secretary
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeMon 25 Nov 2013, 3:26 pm

LKS gaffer wrote:

Looking at your fixtures it is just unfortunate!

Yesterday was Bill Walton Cup - Drawn out
Next Sunday is your week to be at home - vs Global (who pitch share so can't reverse)
8th - county - Nothing to do with us but drawn out
15th - your Sunday to be at home again - vs White horse (who pitch share so can't reverse)
22nd - Stokes Cup - drawn out!!!!

I always try and avoid runs of games either at home or away but this is impossible! Even for teams out of the cups they can easily find a run of 4/5 home games! There may be 6 teams out of a competition in a certain division and of those only 3 home pitches available so they get put at home! This can then run up a set of consecutive games!

Back to top Go down
Spy

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeMon 25 Nov 2013, 3:48 pm

Billy Walton round 3 draw?
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeMon 25 Nov 2013, 6:00 pm

It happens, surely you must have had a few away games by now to get all home games??

As for the ref rule on cup games, think its a fantastic idea to TRY to make costs more even, any rule will always create the odd example where it doesn't suit, but this does reduce the possible gain/loss of all away/home draws in a season.
Back to top Go down
LKS gaffer

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeMon 25 Nov 2013, 7:53 pm

CSKA17 wrote:
It happens, surely you must have had a few away games by now to get all home games??

As for the ref rule on cup games, think its a fantastic idea to TRY to make costs more even, any rule will always create the odd example where it doesn't suit, but this does reduce the possible gain/loss of all away/home draws in a season.
we have played 5 away games so far this season but its not to bad if you dont get a long run of homes games but it does kill u  as we have to pay for every home game we play at aylestone park but will be looking to come to some sort of arrangement so we just pay for the season regardless of how many home games we have as that would of saved us no end of money this year !! lol

And yes hellboy it is a big ask and alot of money for sunday morning football but thankgod our lads are all good with there subs and pay up , i no that might suprise u that monsell lads do actually pay subs and we all work aswell ;-) lol
Back to top Go down
Plough new boy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeMon 25 Nov 2013, 8:40 pm

6 home on bounce for us.
Back to top Go down
Leicester Klub Sportowy

Leicester Klub Sportowy

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeTue 26 Nov 2013, 7:41 pm

Sometimes it's not just the financial aspect, but also the state of the pitches that overuse can create. I dare say there will be than just ourselves who fall victim of this mind.

I imagine it's an incredibly hard job to sort the fixtures out and keep the majority of folk happy, certainly not a task I'd like. I can also understand our manager's frustration regarding finances though, in these times of austerity sponsors aren't as willing to part with their money which puts the emphasis on your own club coffers.
Back to top Go down
Leicester Klub Sportowy

Leicester Klub Sportowy

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeTue 26 Nov 2013, 7:42 pm

Plough new boy wrote:
6 home on bounce for us.
Bloody hell, six is a lot! With the rain we've had lately, your pitch has got to be a muddy mess by now?!
Back to top Go down
GazLCFC

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeTue 26 Nov 2013, 8:42 pm

Polska legend II wrote:

We've had to pay for the ref in all our cup games this season. 2x county cups, 1x BW & 1x Stokes (also next stokes game is away) luckily our pitch is paid upfront.

With home games in the league, the last time we didn't pay for a ref was 29th September.

Perhaps (consideration of) sharing ref costs for next season could help many.
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeTue 26 Nov 2013, 10:22 pm

i think the away team paying the ref is a great idea and should be extended to all games cup and league
if you have 5 home games in a row and pay your pitch weekly,with the ref fees you would be looking at paying out around
£400. over those games you would be collecting about £250 in subs leaving you well short and struggling
but if you take away the refs fees for the 5 games which is £150 that would leave you enough to cover your pitch costs
and on your away games the ref will cost you about half as much as you collect so that makes every week doable
that's providing you can get the subs off your players every week,but then again if you don't you ain't gonna last last very long as a club
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeTue 26 Nov 2013, 11:52 pm

I agree, raising 30 quid every week is very manageable. I would be in favour of this being the standard rule.
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeWed 27 Nov 2013, 7:01 am

Not sure there are any downsides/disadvantages to this?? If there are, then say it. Otherwise, committee please read and consider, anything that helps clubs financially (and removes 1 of the criticisms that the fixture sec gets) sounds good
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeWed 27 Nov 2013, 8:55 am

FC POCHIN wrote:
i think the away team paying the ref is a great idea and should be extended to all games cup and league
if you have 5 home games in a row and pay your pitch weekly,with the ref fees you would be looking at paying out around
£400. over those games you would be collecting about £250 in subs leaving you well short and struggling
but if you take away the refs fees for the 5 games which is £150 that would leave you enough to cover your pitch costs
and on your away games the ref will cost you about half as much as you collect so that makes every week doable
that's providing you can get the subs off your players every week,but then again if you don't you ain't gonna last last very long as a club
After 18 months of knowing him the Pochin manager finally says something sensible....!! Laughing 

I too can not see any disadvantages of this - surely a no brainer?
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeWed 27 Nov 2013, 9:03 am

careful blackie I ain't picked the team for sunday yet Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeWed 27 Nov 2013, 12:11 pm

A very vaild suggestion and one that at the minute I am struggling to find a disadvantage too

I will bring up at the next committee meeting and put forward the support from Pochin, Wigston Rangers and CSKA
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeWed 27 Nov 2013, 12:13 pm

FCPochin wrote:
I totally disagree.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeWed 27 Nov 2013, 12:59 pm

why?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeWed 27 Nov 2013, 1:08 pm

the one point you have missed guys is those clubs that DONT pay for their pitch weekly. if you pay monthly (i.e. 1st of the month), you've already paid a lump sum out and therefore need to recover that money. if you have a run of away (cup) games where you are paying for the ref that is extra expense that is not helping the cash flow. it also doesn't help if you have games called off - we only played twice in November - away cup games and although one was County Cup, the other was Billy Walton. Collecting £4 off each player (x13) meant that we got in £104, but had to pay out £88 for the pitch (1st of the month), £30 for away cup game ref and £20 for 2 weeks kit wash. We were therefore £34 out of pocket. Without paying a ref this would have only cost us £4. Not big sums, but at the end of the day not easy to manage either. I suggest that pay-as-you-go for use of the pitch is much kinder financially than a monthly hire OR paying for away day refs. But councils aren't too flexible these days, and I suspect most of us have to pay monthly. I for one would never agree to paying/sharing refs costs away from home and would certainly not vote for it unless councils changed their stance.
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeFri 29 Nov 2013, 11:04 am

As a club who pay their pitch fee up front for the season and one fee regardless of how many games we play, I'm still in favour of sharing costs between teams. Whether that is just in cup games or extended to leagues games too, I'm not sure.

One thing I do know is that clubs should try to be proactive in forecasting their costs at the beginning of the season so that the right fee for subs is set. i.e. we look at how many home games we're going to have in a season (how many times we need to pay the ref); add a couple of cup games in for good measure just in case, and add on the pitch fee for the season. We then look to make sure that signing on fees and match fees make up the outgoing fee so that the committee don't have to put their hands in their pockets to fund the club.

This may not work for all clubs, but in 6 years, we've never had to pick up a shortfall or suffered because of lack of finances.

There is also a lot of funding out there if you look in the right places and take the time to submit applications for grants etc. Someone has to want to do it though.....
Back to top Go down
dk4632

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitimeFri 29 Nov 2013, 2:54 pm

Katie G wrote:
As a club who pay their pitch fee up front for the season and one fee regardless of how many games we play, I'm still in favour of sharing costs between teams. Whether that is just in cup games or extended to leagues games too, I'm not sure.

One thing I do know is that clubs should try to be proactive in forecasting their costs at the beginning of the season so that the right fee for subs is set. i.e. we look at how many home games we're going to have in a season (how many times we need to pay the ref); add a couple of cup games in for good measure just in case, and add on the pitch fee for the season. We then look to make sure that signing on fees and match fees make up the outgoing fee so that the committee don't have to put their hands in their pockets to fund the club.

This may not work for all clubs, but in 6 years, we've never had to pick up a shortfall or suffered because of lack of finances.

There is also a lot of funding out there if you look in the right places and take the time to submit applications for grants etc. Someone has to want to do it though.....
Can't disagree with anything you have said there Katie, We handle finances exactly the same way as you! In 6 years with Sparta Parva/LDA we have always had to pay upfront for the year for pitches, nobody has ever paid anything out of their own pocket and we still have enough to pay for the end of season do and the booze.

Yeah we have ups and downs with home/away draws in the cups and the amount of money it will cost, but we allow for that when everything is worked out pre season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fixtures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fixtures   Fixtures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fixtures
Page 1 of 1