Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Bill Walton Cup - Round 2

Go down 
+29
BUSFC Zack
monsellwmc
dave ash
whiteeagles
BOSSMAN
stevepercy
Fishandchips
Polska legend II
Fieldy
Jenko
EastGoscoteAth
EUFCAudi
Bucko
Leicester Klub Sportowy
g72
CSKA17
the harrow wookie
Web_Manager
oily
allen654
Hellboy
NiffyA
FC POCHIN
dezza
THE MAGICIAN
Polingtons
gattuso
Paulo
The Fixture Secretary
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
allen654
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Oct 2013, 6:44 pm

Will have to sell tickets to boost income and profit after drawing one of the big boys!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Oct 2013, 8:52 pm

the harrow wookie wrote:
CSKA17 wrote:
You never know wookie, I know what your saying, but sometimes its good to have a go at one of the big teams, esp for say Suecastle who are going well in the league
true but with polska having a bad start to the season they will see this game as a good chance to get back to winning ways I do like the idea of playing better teams you get a boost in confidence if you play well and get a result but the gulf is just to big in those games

we won't be taking Suecastle lightly, far from it. we haven't actually had as bad a start to our season as our league position suggests. the first month was a bit of a write off for us as it took us a while to settle the new players in and try a few different things, and I would think that of the 2 points out of 9 we got in the league, had those games been played now we would have definitely picked up more points.

since then, we have settled well - had a good win in the county cup, lost 7-8 on penalties to Shoemakers after drawing 4-4 with them after extra time (arguably should have won but missed two sitters at 3-3) and then drew to league leaders Foxes 0-0 on Sunday after having a stonewall penalty turned down in the final minute (and a very strong shout for one turned down earlier)
Back to top Go down
the harrow wookie

the harrow wookie

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Oct 2013, 10:15 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
the harrow wookie wrote:
CSKA17 wrote:
You never know wookie, I know what your saying, but sometimes its good to have a go at one of the big teams, esp for say Suecastle who are going well in the league
true but with polska having a bad start to the season they will see this game as a good chance to get back to winning ways I do like the idea of playing better teams you get a boost in confidence if you play well and get a result but the gulf is just to big in those games
we won't be taking Suecastle lightly, far from it. we haven't actually had as bad a start to our season as our league position suggests. the first month was a bit of a write off for us as it took us a while to settle the new players in and try a few different things, and I would think that of the 2 points out of 9 we got in the league, had those games been played now we would have definitely picked up more points.

since then, we have settled well - had a good win in the county cup, lost 7-8 on penalties to Shoemakers after drawing 4-4 with them after extra time (arguably should have won but missed two sitters at 3-3) and then drew to league leaders Foxes 0-0 on Sunday after having a stonewall penalty turned down in the final minute (and a very strong shout for one turned down earlier)
I was only going on league pos as I cant comment on performance no offence intended , I also wasn't implying you would take suecastle lightly just see it as a great chance to bounce back in style mr legend
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Oct 2013, 12:25 am

Fieldy wrote:
Remember us drawing Scrappy Garage when with Harrow in Div 5, we lost 5-1 but then they were doing that to Prem sides at the time so no disgrace and all of us enjoyed the game except maybe for the 3 day recovery.
I think we got them in the same season, also in Div 5 at the time, we were 4-2 up with 20 mins to go when our sub decided it was a good idea to head into his own net unchallenged, we went on to lose 5-4 but was a cracking game and everyone enjoyed the challenge, bit disapointed in the end to throw it away, but for an iffy lino decision we could have been 5-2 up and all but over, think they went on to win the Prem and that cup that year Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Oct 2013, 10:20 am

Fishandchips wrote:
Fieldy wrote:
Remember us drawing Scrappy Garage when with Harrow in Div 5, we lost 5-1 but then they were doing that to Prem sides at the time so no disgrace and all of us enjoyed the game except maybe for the 3 day recovery.
I think we got them in the same season, also in Div 5 at the time, we were 4-2 up with 20 mins to go when our sub decided it was a good idea to head into his own net unchallenged, we went on to lose 5-4 but was a cracking game and everyone enjoyed the challenge, bit disapointed in the end to throw it away, but for an iffy lino decision we could have been 5-2 up and all but over, think they went on to win the Prem and that cup that year Sad
I remember that game, twas a really good game, talk about almost there and then at the end it was simply as you say, the players ran out of what ever it was, mentally, physically, and it all came to a grinding halt, i was really disappointed when that happened, i hated crappy garage with a passion, its one of the great "if onlys", it was never meant to be, but look whats happened since, all's well that ends well.

Where are they now, creation builders or something like that.
Back to top Go down
stevepercy

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Oct 2013, 12:11 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Fishandchips wrote:
Fieldy wrote:
I remember that game, twas a really good game, talk about almost there and then at the end it was simply as you say, the players ran out of what ever it was, mentally, physically, and it all came to a grinding halt, i was really disappointed when that happened, i hated crappy garage with a passion, its one of the great "if onlys", it was never meant to be, but look whats happened since, all's well that ends well.

Where are they now, creation builders or something like that.
still my biggest claim to fame in an MDH shirt, bullet header!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Oct 2013, 1:52 pm

the harrow wookie wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
the harrow wookie wrote:
CSKA17 wrote:

I was only going on league pos as I cant comment on performance no offence intended , I also wasn't implying you would take suecastle lightly just see it as a great chance to bounce back in style mr legend
none taken! understand what you were saying. surely all cup ties rely on the magic of a giant killing? I don't think its a problem either way, cup ties should be all about div 1 v div 7 games!
Back to top Go down
BOSSMAN

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Oct 2013, 9:00 pm

The Fixture Secretary wrote:
Please find below the draw for round 2 of the Bill Walton Cup

AC Wigston         v         North Kilworth Sunday
AFC Royal Oak         v        White Horse Wanderers
Birstall Rangers      v      MDH Knights
CFA        v       Mark J Rees
Countesthorpe Athletic 2012      v        Leicester Foxes OB
CSKA Carnabys Reserves       v       Queniborough Park Rangers
Desford Athletic               v           Friar Lane
Dukla St Andrews          v            Oakfield OB
Enness United               v          CSKA Carnaby's
FC Azzurri             v               East Goscote Athletic
FC Pochin         v               Huncote Sunday
FC Tumar           v            Megauvaux OR Medz
Fleckney Athletic Sunday           v          Magna Town 2012
Fosse City         v            Harrow Emerald
Frolesworth United            v         Wigston United
LDA Spartans         v            Wigston Rangers
Leicester City Afghan Community         v           GT
Leicester Klub Sportowy          v       Monsell WMC
Lutterworth Town Sunday           v         Pukka Pies
Niffy Rangers           v           Blaby United Sunday
Oadby Owls Mens            v        AFC Bees Knees
Phoenix United            v            Willowbrook OB
Seaton           v          The Star Inn
Shoemakers 2013           v            Wigston Plough Rovers
St Marks           v          Thurmaston WMP 2009
Suecastle           v          KS Leicester Polska
Thurmaston WMP 2009 Reserves         v            NPE
United Revolution         v             Sparta Moshdock
Vale              v               Royalist
Webbys Wanderers           v             Clarendon Park Rangers
Wigston Fields 2012            v            Star & Garter

bye - Horse

Games are provisionally scheduled for Sunday 24th November 2013
CSKA Ressis v QPR

The two Golden oldies of alliance football meet Kev Pateman v Dave Ashford
Back to top Go down
the harrow wookie

the harrow wookie

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Oct 2013, 9:20 pm

BOSSMAN wrote:

bye - Horse

CSKA Ressis v QPR

Dave Ashford crucial player for carnabys res even at what 52ish (sorry dave if wrong lol) a good leader experience and still a beast in the air would in all fairness get game time for most teams in 7
Back to top Go down
allen654
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Oct 2013, 9:36 pm

Think I heard he's left Carnabys so not playing for them now
Back to top Go down
the harrow wookie

the harrow wookie

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Oct 2013, 9:38 pm

Allen654 wrote:
Think I heard he's left Carnabys so not playing for them now
when we played them last he was on holiday so i haven't got a clue and they missed him then so big blow if true
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Oct 2013, 6:43 am

Its true, he'll be at the Plough in approx. 7 Days
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Oct 2013, 9:53 am

the harrow wookie wrote:

Quote :
Dave Ashford crucial player for carnabys res even at what 52ish (sorry dave if wrong lol) a good leader experience and still a beast in the air would in all fairness get game time for most teams in 7
Blimey o'reilly thats a very generous guess.Wink
Back to top Go down
Leicester Klub Sportowy

Leicester Klub Sportowy

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Oct 2013, 8:20 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Leicester Klub Sportowy wrote:
Another good chance for us to test ourselves against a team from a higher division. Good luck to all teams involved and hopefully some good entertaining games arise.
Another 10 - 0 win like in the last round.  Something is amiss if you ask me.
The only thing amiss was Glenfield United. They were more than in the game for long periods of the game but their heads dropped, mistakes were made and we made it count for us. Also, I don't think anyone did ask you! :p
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Oct 2013, 8:24 pm

I don't need to be asked for my opinion, i give it for free, you''ll soon find that out.
Back to top Go down
Leicester Klub Sportowy

Leicester Klub Sportowy

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Oct 2013, 8:28 pm

I've already seen that lol
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Oct 2013, 11:03 pm

I think the Billy Walton is brilliant! Can really test yourselves against teams from a higher division, which sometimes shows that there really isn't much of a difference between the middle divisions. Last season we knocked out Trinderbox and Gate Hangs Well who were both at least a couple of divisions above and then lost to Glenfield of the Prem, 3-2 after leading 2-1 for much of it.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Nov 2013, 9:58 am

Blimey someone with a sense of humour.
Back to top Go down
dave ash
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Nov 2013, 10:48 am

the harrow wookie wrote:
BOSSMAN wrote:

bye - Horse

CSKA Ressis v QPR

Cheers for that mate 52 is correct and its always good to get possitive comments, and i have signed for the Plough as i know a few of the lads there.
Back to top Go down
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Nov 2013, 1:24 pm

Looking forward to playing LKS. Should be a cracking game and could be a long one.
Also like the 10 nil comment, I'm sure we'll give them a better game than Glenfield managed
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Nov 2013, 6:20 pm

monsellwmc wrote:
Looking forward to playing LKS. Should be a cracking game and could be a long one.
Also like the 10 nil comment, I'm sure we'll give them a better game than Glenfield managed
I could be refereeing this game.
Back to top Go down
Leicester Klub Sportowy

Leicester Klub Sportowy

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 01 Nov 2013, 7:13 pm

monsellwmc wrote:
I hope the score will be closer, as the 10-0 score line really didn't tell the tale of the majority of the match. Glenfield defeated themselves with how their heads dropped as much as we beat them, as daft as it sounds.

Anyway, looking forward to facing you guys, should be a nice tie for everyone involved.
Back to top Go down
monsellwmc

monsellwmc

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Nov 2013, 3:18 pm

Yeh hopefully be a good game. Whoever wins will have bragging rights in the club afterwards aswell. And probs for a few weeks lol
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Nov 2013, 5:30 pm

I dont think any one alive will be bragging, not sitting in the monsell anyway.Wink

This is the sort of game wars break out over, the local derby, clash of the titans.
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 02 Nov 2013, 9:40 pm

NiffyA wrote:
Good to see we play the team that beat our Reserves in the 1st round. Smile

Nice draw for you Ross - I think you'll have them!!

HAHA i know what are the chances that we now get you. Oh well will just have to do you over too hahaha. Will the incredibly mardy Tinny be playing for your first team lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/blabyunitedsunday/291826/Home
BOSSMAN

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Nov 2013, 1:43 pm

dave ash wrote:
the harrow wookie wrote:
BOSSMAN wrote:

bye - Horse

CSKA Ressis v QPR

Cheers for that mate 52 is correct and its always good to get possitive comments, and i have signed for the Plough as i know a few of the lads there.
Big loss for Carnabys and a big gain for the plough then
Back to top Go down
Leicester Klub Sportowy

Leicester Klub Sportowy

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Nov 2013, 5:44 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Blimey someone with a sense of humour.
Seems to be a rarity at times...
Back to top Go down
norty14

norty14

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Nov 2013, 10:49 pm

BOSSMAN wrote:
dave ash wrote:
the harrow wookie wrote:
BOSSMAN wrote:

bye - Horse

CSKA Ressis v QPR

bossman or should i say dave ash- wish u all the best mate but is there any need to keep using a different username to mention urself?
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 05 Nov 2013, 11:11 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
dave ash
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Nov 2013, 10:49 am

norty14 wrote:
BOSSMAN wrote:
dave ash wrote:
the harrow wookie wrote:
BOSSMAN wrote:

bye - Horse

CSKA Ressis v QPR

bossman or should i say dave ash- wish u all the best mate but is there any need to keep using a different username to mention urself?

Thanks but thats not me i can assure you.
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Nov 2013, 5:30 pm

Not fancied watching any local football since the fairfield dabacle, but the LKS v Monsell game has caught my eye...

Might pop along and watch, should be a decent game
Back to top Go down
LKS gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Nov 2013, 11:18 am

throops old pitch bushy on the old side of Aylestone park mate if u do come and have a watch pal !!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Nov 2013, 1:03 pm

johnmeode wrote:
Not fancied watching any local football since the fairfield dabacle, but the LKS v Monsell game has caught my eye...

Might pop along and watch, should be a decent game
I'll be assessing the referee for this game mr bush, might see you there.
Back to top Go down
johnmeode
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
johnmeode

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Nov 2013, 3:12 pm

As if I would know where the old Throops pitch is! Wink

Yes I will pop down as long as it isnt P#*sing it down
Back to top Go down
Spy

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Nov 2013, 3:48 pm

Anyone know when the round 3 draw is?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup - Round 2   Bill Walton Cup - Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bill Walton Cup - Round 2
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2