Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Div 4

Go down 
+7
Hellboy
CSKA Mod
Rwhite08
WILKSY
hotshot66
CSKA Carnabys
CSKA17
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Mar 2013, 1:08 pm

No chat at all on here about Div 4, what's going on???

League looks NPE's to lose, big battle for 2nd between Oadby Owls and Carnabys, and possible Desford too with all those games in hand.

What do you reckon the final standings will be? Who's the best team you've faced on the day in your opinion?
Back to top Go down
CSKA Carnabys

CSKA Carnabys

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Mar 2013, 1:23 pm

I don't think we saw the true NPE side when we met on matchday 2 (a Friday evening game), but given the form guide, I am really looking forward to the CSKA - NPE clash on Sunday.
Best team in the division we've played? Oadby Owls. Agility, technique and passing is there in abundance. Although it is worth noting that in both the games we played them, they conceded late equilisers.
Desford I think have too many games left in a short space of time to mount a serious challenge.
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Mar 2013, 5:53 pm

NPE are super consistant, wouldnt bet against them dropping many points.

CSKA seem to be on a great run, desford are dangerous but have a hell of a lot of games to cram in.

Our squads been a shambles this season, which is a shame, id like to think we would have been asking questions at the top of the table with a full strength squad.

not sure who has impressed me the most, pretty even division in all.
Back to top Go down
WILKSY

WILKSY

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Mar 2013, 6:03 pm

Yea were top and ours to throw away but 3 tough games left, anything could happen.
I honestly think contesthorp was one of the best sides we have played, from what I've heard they played most of there games with 8 players but when they turned up at our place they had 15. Pretty much 4 different kits (all black and red) so possibly wasn't there usual team but not my place to say if they were or not. Suppose every1 wants to beat u when ur top, they made it hard for us and battled to the end.
Don't know what to expect from u guys Sunday as its been that long since our last game suppose ur teams changed a bit! We've got a few out and not been great since Xmas but hopefully we can get up for this one as we owe u a f.u.c.k.e.r from knocking us out the cup last year ;-) suppose it helps u guys a little if ur used to playing on ur 3G pitch every other week.
Back to top Go down
Rwhite08

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Mar 2013, 11:09 pm

Huge game for us on Sunday. By far the strongest team we game up against we're carnabys and they have beat us twice recently. Not the best footballing team and neither are we but they are strong all over and a bit of a bogey team for us. I agree with hotshots there team last year at full strength would be at the top. We mullered desford early doors but I hear its a totally different team and are supposed to be quality. Over two games we have not outshone anyone this year which goes to show the strength of the league. Looking forward to the last three games then I can hang up my boots hopefully with a promotion. Good luck to carnabys oadby and desford in the run in, think there will be a few twists.
Back to top Go down
CSKA Mod

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Mar 2013, 11:11 pm

I remember saying to Countesthorpe manager after the first game of the season that they'd do well. Think they missed a experienced head or two.

After beating Bees Knees and NPE early doors I was confident we would be above them come the end of the season but both put good runs together after and have made it very competitive. Hard to judge Desford based on games they still have to play and winning them all (or most) will be a huge ask. Good side though.

Best footballing side in the Division, if I wasn't considering ourselves of course, is Oadby. We had two very tight games against them. Only two draws in entire Division so far. Cliched as it may be, there have been no easy games for us.
Back to top Go down
Rwhite08

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Mar 2013, 11:15 pm

I did not rate oadby at all first game we best then 4-0 I think but week later lost 2-1 and they were much the better side. Funny how football can change in a week. The form of the 4 teams mentioned is astounding but something's got to give and we need to up our game as we have been shocking since new year.
Back to top Go down
Rwhite08

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Mar 2013, 11:19 pm

Wilksy dint realise you had jiggered your knee bad, what did they say at hospital?
Back to top Go down
WILKSY

WILKSY

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Mar 2013, 4:21 pm

They think I've torn my meniscus, if confirmed after MRI - will need an op!
Already off the crutches tho and mobile so am hoping for the best, just need to take it easy for awhile
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeSat 09 Mar 2013, 5:43 pm

More pressure on the nhs funds, or are you going private?
Back to top Go down
CSKA Mod

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 2:34 pm

Congrats to NPE. Should be their title for sure now. Hotly contested game and maybe entertaining for the wrong reasons but they have a real desire today.
Back to top Go down
WILKSY

WILKSY

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 3:15 pm

Cska by far the best team we've played in this division so far. They were brilliant today even if the ref allowed a silly free kick goal to make it 2 nil but fair play to cska as I would have done the same. I was getting frustrated on the sidelines as every chance we had cska's keeper kept it out or someone cleared it of the line. Then when we levelled about a minute from time I thought the game was done and dusted to find anther 3 goals to come (wish I just came to watch the last 5 or 6mins). Think the ref had to give out them cards to keep the game under control (think 2 of our 4 yellows were for mouthing off, so fully deserved). Think your number 11 could of quite easily got a second yellow earlier but once he was off we managed to start getting the ball down with a bit more time and play the football we like to. Well done to the cska lads and good luck with your promotion push.
Back to top Go down
Pretty Boy

Pretty Boy

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 5:44 pm

Npe suck
Back to top Go down
WILKSY

WILKSY

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 5:54 pm

Ha ha, u bell e.n.d
Back to top Go down
Pretty Boy

Pretty Boy

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 6:47 pm

U love itlol
Back to top Go down
Pretty Boy

Pretty Boy

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 6:51 pm

U like my new pic Mr Wilks?
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 7:39 pm

I can honestly say I think the standard in div 4 has been poor this season,not really any stand out teams,npe and fair play to them seem to dig in and grind wins out and have been more consistant than anyone else and thats what will win them the league, oadby for me play the best football probably too much at times,could do with some experiance in the are side, desford without doubt have the best stike force but lack in other areas and there cup runs will be there downfall in the league,cska are always very organised but seem to lose games you exspect them to win,hotshots are a good side but are far to inconsistant it al depends who they can get out on a sunday morning, dont think,the teams ive mentioned are the only ones,worth talking about no offence.
Back to top Go down
WILKSY

WILKSY

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 9:03 pm

Sour grapes, enjoy div 5!
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 9:35 pm

sour grapes how do you work that one out??
Back to top Go down
WILKSY

WILKSY

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 9:45 pm

It's easy to say the standard of div 4 has been poor when ur at the bottom! When appart from the bottom couple it's been pretty even, that's why the champions haven't been crowned yet. Must be competitive if it goes to the last game or two to decide who finishes in the top 3. To be fair, some div 4 sides have been pretty decent and have had some great results against higher opposition in the cups!
Back to top Go down
WILKSY

WILKSY

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 9:47 pm

Maybe div 5 will suit u better next year!
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 9:58 pm

your not the brightest r u chap,we are all entitled to our opinions, I played div 5 last year and it was alot stronger than div 4 this year
Back to top Go down
WILKSY

WILKSY

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 10:00 pm

So like I said u'll enjoy it next year!
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 10:03 pm

doubt that chap,iam pretty sure ill b playing against you boys again,have you in my pocket again
Back to top Go down
WILKSY

WILKSY

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 10:07 pm

Will look forward to it, u obviously know who I am so come say hello b4 the game so I know who u r ;-)
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 10:11 pm

oh dont worry I will do
Back to top Go down
Rwhite08

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 11:03 pm

Who you play for now Buko?
Back to top Go down
CSKA Mod

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 12:36 am

WILKSY wrote:
Cska by far the best team we've played in this division so far. They were brilliant today even if the ref allowed a silly free kick goal to make it 2 nil but fair play to cska as I would have done the same. I was getting frustrated on the sidelines as every chance we had cska's keeper kept it out or someone cleared it of the line. Then when we levelled about a minute from time I thought the game was done and dusted to find anther 3 goals to come (wish I just came to watch the last 5 or 6mins). Think the ref had to give out them cards to keep the game under control (think 2 of our 4 yellows were for mouthing off, so fully deserved). Think your number 11 could of quite easily got a second yellow earlier but once he was off we managed to start getting the ball down with a bit more time and play the football we like to. Well done to the cska lads and good luck with your promotion push.

Fair play to you. I agree with the cards and in hindsight I should have subbed my player before the second yellow was shown. In fact I'd just got a lad to warm up when it happened. After that, we sat deep and probably hoped we may hold out which we nearly did. I believe there were about six minutes left when you scored your second. Once level I knew we had to go all out to try and win. A point was no use to us if we wanted to put pressure on you guys going into final two games.

Over our meetings this season we've been pretty even without either side dominating a game. They've been tough battles. I imagine you felt hard done by some decisions during the game as did we but that is football and as I pointed out after the game, if you don't want to be sent off for two soft bookings, you shouldn't give the referee an opportunity to send you off.

Well done anyhow. For any neutrals, had there been any, it would have been a great game to watch.
Back to top Go down
WILKSY

WILKSY

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 7:51 am

I agree mate, in the 3 seasons we've been going we've met u guys 4 times and they've all been very tight and dramatic! In our first season we met u in the cup and we finished that game with a late winner in added extra time after having 2 players sent off! Then last year we met u in the cup at ur place and had u pegged in ur own half for the last 5 mins while we were searching for an equaliser which wasn't there. Then obviously in the same div this year where u beat us at our place on that Friday night which was very close, then to top it off yesterday's dramatic game.
It shows that the teams were pretty evenly matched and both wanted it yesterday with the amount of cards there were. We only had 10 yellows all season then another 4 yesterday. Wonder if we'll meet u next season for another great game? (Hope not as there's been talks of some of our players retiring)
Back to top Go down
Rwhite08

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 8:35 am

I thought carnabys were top class yesterday played to their strengths and worked hard for each other. The number 11 cost you the game he was always going to walk after first 3 stupid tackles. The ref made some big decisions but like you say that's football and you can't change them. Your keeper made 3 amazing saves he deserves a mention. We have been of the pace for a while now, think the smaller squad is telling as are fitness levels and old age lol. Great game to play in as have all 3 against you guys, and thought you were all very gratuitous in defeat when most teams would of kicked of in those circumstances. Hope you boys have a strong finish, good luck.
Back to top Go down
Pretty Boy

Pretty Boy

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 10:17 am

Bum chin....u suck...npe suck...div 4 sucks
Back to top Go down
WILKSY

WILKSY

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 10:29 am

Sirus, go f.u.c.k urself
Back to top Go down
Pretty Boy

Pretty Boy

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 11:44 am

Ok
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 12:31 pm

Rwhite08 wrote:

thurmaston
Back to top Go down
Ruby Murry

Ruby Murry

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 12:51 pm

I think div 4 has been really good season, I'm probably only saying that coz we were getting spanked each week in div 2 last season!!

Any way it's all about holmes park for us!! Hope we can win it for the alliance league!
Back to top Go down
CSKA Mod

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 1:08 pm

Well I can only compare the Division to the ones we've played in in the past but our side has improved year on year and we are far better than we were back in 2008. I think the standard has been good and we've not really had any easy games. Even the recent results where we scored 8 and 6 respectively, the game were tight up until the break.

Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 1:10 pm

Bucko wrote:
Rwhite08 wrote:

thurmaston

He plays with himself quite a lot.
Back to top Go down
Rwhite08

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 6:51 pm

Good luck in your final mate...
Back to top Go down
Rwhite08

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 6:53 pm

Lol. Thurmaston were decent in are second game. Apart from Bucko think most players have enjoyed being in a competitive league.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 9:20 pm

Rwhite08 wrote:
Lol. Thurmaston were decent in are second game. Apart from Bucko think most players have enjoyed being in a competitive league.

ive enjoyed it mate just my opinion thats all,i actually praised u boys for the way u grind results out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Div 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 4   Div 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Div 4
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Banter :: Banter - Alliance Football-
Jump to: