Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Division 1 - 2012-13

Go down 
+16
bretty1
Skeems
SerialStalker
mowmacre fc
Gordon
Pete Mourinho
Jedster
Polska legend II
Hubble1980
Jimmyb
gattuso
Hellboy
Widds
Paul Daniels
THE MAGICIAN
dezza
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

Division 1 - 2012-13 Empty
PostSubject: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 9:34 am

Thought I'd start a topic so we don't bore everyone else in the banter section haha

I will start us of......

As I've said all season we aren't anything special and defo not as good as star and garter , Paul Daniels hit the nail on the head when he said that thus far we've been able to consistently grind out results and Malc is also correct when he says we have a large pool of players to choose from not quite the 237 he said though haha more like 37!!  A lot of those players have never played a game for us but are registered just incase we need them! We've just lost our captain to knee injury, Fitzy to the army so had to sign replacements!!

We aren't even that far ahead of everyone and only half way through the season so there's still time for lots of things to happen! Every team in this division is capable of beating anyone and being beaten by anyone! In all honesty I consider Thurmo, barca and fosse to be out main rivals and check there results straight away each week hoping someone ha done us a favour!

The league is a competitive one and other than Kirby at the start of the season o dot think there has been a side where after the game wee thought they shouldn't be in this division!!
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 10:16 am

liar, when you smashed us 8-2 I'm sure you thought wtf is this bunch of jokers.

For me I think your correct on who you see as your rivals Dezza, I am particularly impressed with Fosse style of play, think they knock the ball around as good as any as we have faced.

Starting to get some players back now, last two weeks I've had subs lol.
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 10:59 am

Laaaadddds, our own thread, class!!!

Our season goes like this. We were decent at the start of the year, then awful in Oct & Nov, and now we're actually quite good. However, I still don't think we are strong enough to topple the top 2. Azzuri's strength in depth and Fosse' team spirit will see them both finish the season in the promotion places.

That said, we do have enough quality in our side, on our day, to beat anyone. Unfortunately we don't know whose going to turn up each Sunday morning.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 11:53 am

Well I saw all these threads about divs 4,5,6,7 and thought why should they get the limelight haha

Think it goes for pretty much every Sunday side about who actually turns up on the day! This weekend we had a squad of 21 on say night and were trying to work out who to tell they would not be playing! By Sunday morning we had 14 haha and it wasn't the 14 we were expecting! Oh well happy days!

I reckon barca are the ones to watch!! Sneaking up all quiet and playing down there chances , mind games I tell thee
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 12:13 pm

Haha yeah there is a lot of banter flying around in the lower leagues.

Sundays are just a bloody nightmare in all honesty. On paper, we'd have probably the best side in the league, but we've not and don't expect to be able to put that side out all season. We have to get 21 each week just to cover the lads that will drop out come Sunday morning. Your right though I'm sure everyone is in the same boat.

All we want to win is team of the month. Got to beat Foxes on Sunday to be in with a shout. We are so ambitious arn't we? ha!
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 12:34 pm

I've gave up on trying to win team of the month!! Don't think it will ever happen for us no matter what we do haha
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 2:51 pm

I just want the Billy Walton...other than that, just enjoying a competitive season...bit disappointed in our County cup performance as i think with a full team we would have beaten Cross Keys!

My only other aim is that we are not competing for anything in the last game of the season and then me and Malc can unleash merry hell as the greatest front two partnership in the league...
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 3:02 pm

Ah yes the Billy Walton. We are already through to the quarters I believe. How well are the Div 1 teams doing in that?
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 3:07 pm

We were knocked out by oscars in the first round by oscars so we are doing poor in that haha
And knocked out of county cup by cross keys! I think we bottle it in the big games haha
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 3:49 pm

i'm in goal for that game widdup.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 3:53 pm

Hellboy wrote:
i'm in goal for that game widdup.

Oh no you aren't lol...I'm in goal even if i have to cancel every NRI players registration!!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 3:54 pm

Paul Daniels wrote:
Ah yes the Billy Walton. We are already through to the quarters I believe. How well are the Div 1 teams doing in that?

I thought we were through to the fourth round, which should be the same as you guys...?

We are doing pretty well, got some 2-bit team in the next round though lol
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 4:13 pm

Widds wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:

I thought we were through to the fourth round, which should be the same as you guys...?

car breakers beat em this weekend, you beat the car breakers, badabing baddaboom!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 4:35 pm

Widds wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:

Nah we are a round ahead of you all! 1st Round is for div 3 and 7 teams, and we've played 3 other games since then. So we're just waiting to see whose joining us in the last 8 Smile
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 5:08 pm

NRI are the best end of thread Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 7:45 pm

We at Fosse seem to have a completely different set up to the rest of the teams in Division 1, we have used a maximum of 15 players this season. In fact I think we may only have 15 signed on. I have to credit the commitment of all of our lads as more often than not we have 14 or 15 available, yesterday was the first game in quite some time that we only managed to muster one sub.

We have a very consistent team personnel wise but it is still a toss of a coin each week as to whether we actually turn up or not. I do think from the games we've played and the performances we've had this season we should really have picked up more points. For example Foxes stole a point against us in the opening game of the season scoring 2 30-35 yard volleys one of which was in the last minute, Enderby beat us early on scoring 3 or 4 25 yard plus efforts in a tight game, then there's the 2 defeats against NRI where we deserved something from at least one of them. To be honest I'm a bit disappointed with our points return so far if not our performances.

For me, Azzurri should have the league wrapped up. Judging by our game in the Arthur Moore they are comfortably the best team in the division. There are some solid teams in the league but Azzurri are far superior to any other team offensively. It's lookng very tight for 2nd spot, I think Barca will take it from Thurmaston. We are in a strong postion at the minute but our remaining 6 games look very tough and I can't see us picking up too many more points. 2 games against the champions, 2 against Hoskins which we will be less than up for, 1 against Thurmaston who seem to have sorted themselves out and finally against Barca who are now flying, it's a massive ask for us to finish in the top 3 or 4 from those games.

A quick word on Barcabullonas defensive record, take out the 6 conceded against us when they were clearly struggling and it is very, very strong, could be the only team to take any points from Azzurri.

We are still in the Walton cup and will be safely into the quarter finals, if we can overcome Monsell WMC this weekend and then Premier Sports. Not gonna happen unfortunately!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 8:05 pm

So could be three or four div one teams in the quarters of the William....interesting...

Fosse would have taken points off NRI if you could finish ;-)
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Feb 2013, 8:24 pm

We are too offensive haha although its not as if our strikers are prolific, there's only Rikki bates on the top scorers list! Ryan Allen is left wing, Louis finney-neckles right wing and Leon Thraves is centre mid haha no wonder our defenders moan about no protection from the midfield! I'd hate to play in our defence!!

Barca have already taken points off us In the 2-2 draw and from what I understand we were lucky to get that point aswell!!

Jimmy to only have used 15 players is quality and shows a massive amount of commitment from your lads, I envy you!! I don't think we've had the same starting 11 2 weeks on the trot once this season it's a bloody nightmare, our core remains the same 7/8 players though!
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013, 9:36 am

Right, ok, I'm not going to lie here. We are a lot better now than we were in 2012. That said, other teams have also strengthened, most notably Azzuri.

We have some top players in our side these days. However, as they all play Saturdays as well, they see Sundays as more of a mess about and the majority are not that bothered if we win or lose. The only thing we really care about is the Billy Walton, it's a long shot, but if we can somehow avoid Star & Garter (who we have played 5 times in the last season and a bit (and lost them all)) you never know, miracles do happen.

We do have a few games in the league that we are dying to win. I wont say which games these are, there's about 4 of the 8 remaining though.

Dezza, just to assess your side a bit, is there anyone from Div 1 that you dont have in your side that you'd like in it? I'm going to say probably not, so therefore you've got to fancy your chances of winning this thing?
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013, 9:53 am

Hope one those games isn't against us lol

That's a really tough question, obviously I don't know all the players in our division and I wasn't there when we played you and we haven't played Thurmo! Might sound daft to some people but I think we miss an out and out goal scorer up front and I think that shuter from foxes would be good for us as he's a goal scorer and experienced which is something we lack sometimes! Or Sam young from enderby, out and out goal scorer!! Other than that with the signings we've just made and the one we should complete this season I'm happy with our squad, everyone knows each other and we haven't signed anyone who we aren't mates with etc and we dont just play people because they are our best players, we've said all season that if you kiss a week you lose your place it doesn't matter who we are playing we would rather take the chance of losing but remain fair to everyone! Take Sunday for example jack hollobone,Phil Howard an Sandsy all started on the bench!! Jacks been one of our best players all season but he misse the game against Hoskins.

What about you Paul Daniels who would you like in your squad from rest of the division ?
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013, 10:13 am

How do you do that? Our players get the arse and dont turn up the week after. In fact...how do you get subs? haha!!

I'd take Sam Young definately, that little whippet from Fosse, that Fitz lad from you, that other whippet from NRI, and thats probably it. I wouldn't swap our keeper for anyone, he's the best in the league, sorry Widds. I also don't think there is a better centre back partnership than Alex Heathcote and Jarrad Pickering, Jack Sutherland is absolutely quality and Barnesy is a goalscorer...but you can't have him Smile
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013, 10:27 am

Haha I won't go tapping anyone up don't worry! Like I say I missed the game against you boys was with the family at twin lakes!!!

I'd love to have fitz for us but he's back in the army now! Massive loss for us quality player, sometimes over plays it a bit though haha

We sai to our lads at the start of the season that's how it would be and we've stuck to it, we don't want any of these superstars in our side! We also talk to the lads before we sign anyone to make they'll fit in and stuff like that! We'd rather lose every week and have a good bunch of lads! Weve not had 1 game this season where we haven't had subs , hence the big squad haha couple of times we've had too many like foxes away and nri away when we turned up with 16 and 17! The lads were ok and the following game we make sure they get minutes! Like I say we've been lucky to have a good bunch of lads this season!

There was a lad at nri actually, skin head up top was good a few of our lads wanted me to make an approach for him, also the small lad with the tricks was quality! But we've got enough tricks with bloody Louis and Fitzy haha

I don't think anyone this season has seen the best of Lewis and dean Edwards for us! Especially dean as he's had to play out of position for us, the guy is mustard! Walk into any side in his proper position
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013, 10:35 am

Well I've got news for you Dezza, I don't like Mustard!!!
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013, 11:04 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013, 11:57 am

Ever since the day he hit you with a candlestick.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013, 12:59 pm

Paul - i am happy being second best lol

Dezza - you mean Ty and Coley, they are class and are going nowhere...
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013, 3:48 pm

Haha don't worry widds
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013, 4:04 pm

dezza wrote:
Haha don't worry widds

Good lad...its taken a lot of restraint not to go hijacking your move for Frazer ;-)
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013, 4:06 pm

Oi!!! Don't go alerting everyone to his availability lol
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013, 4:14 pm

Oh Azzuri signing players for fun once again! I'm beginning to dislike you. Your like Man City, just signing people all over the place.

Your just fuelling the fire Dezza...fuelling the fire!
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013, 4:17 pm

Haha sorry Paul ! I think I'm footy manager love signing players the rest of it is boring haha

See what you've done now widds, you're driving a wedge between me and Paul!!!
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013, 4:34 pm

We have just signed a striker to compliment what we already have, kind of tried for an x-player of mine but didn't seem interested as we have been massively short up front missing Leon since October, but he came back with a bang knocking in 4 on sunday.

Hopefully Leon will gain some fitness in the coming weeks along with our other new striker who is also returning from a bad injury but first signs are he looks like a great addition to the squad.

Its all good news now as I can leave my boots in the car and not even think about having to put a kit on as our players and number's are slowly rising again.

On a side note Widds, you keep stirring the poo so all the other teams in our Division hate each other, lol.
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013, 4:51 pm

There's only 1 team we hate and I hope everyone else shares the same opinion. Not naming any names, it's quite obvious.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013, 4:55 pm

Have I missed this?? Give us a clue?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013, 5:06 pm

Paul Daniels wrote:
There's only 1 team we hate and I hope everyone else shares the same opinion. Not naming any names, it's quite obvious.

I can only think of one team. I dont think its us, so i think its Fosse Citys friends...?
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013, 5:43 pm

Widds wrote:
So could be three or four div one teams in the quarters of the William....interesting...

Fosse would have taken points off NRI if you could finish ;-)

You make a valid point, I'm a bit rusty in the finishing department, too many games at the back.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013, 5:48 pm

Paul Daniels wrote:
How do you do that? Our players get the arse and dont turn up the week after. In fact...how do you get subs? haha!!

I'd take Sam Young definately, that little whippet from Fosse, that Fitz lad from you, that other whippet from NRI, and thats probably it. I wouldn't swap our keeper for anyone, he's the best in the league, sorry Widds. I also don't think there is a better centre back partnership than Alex Heathcote and Jarrad Pickering, Jack Sutherland is absolutely quality and Barnesy is a goalscorer...but you can't have him Smile

Our little whippet is Nathan Williams, he must be an absolute nightmare to defend against. I'm guessing one of the games you're desperate to win could be against us? Bit of revenge for the 6-1 at your place?
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013, 5:56 pm

Widds wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:

I can only think of one team. I dont think its us, so i think its Fosse Citys friends...?

Every team is a friend a Fosse Very Happy

Seriously though, I wonder if / when that Arthur Moore game might be replayed (not that it should be). Quarter finals can't be decided until it's sorted.
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013, 10:05 am

Jimmyb wrote:
Widds wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:

Every team is a friend a Fosse Very Happy

Seriously though, I wonder if / when that Arthur Moore game might be replayed (not that it should be). Quarter finals can't be decided until it's sorted.

Why is it being replayed?
Back to top Go down
Paul Daniels
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013, 10:08 am

Jimmyb wrote:
Paul Daniels wrote:

Our little whippet is Nathan Williams, he must be an absolute nightmare to defend against. I'm guessing one of the games you're desperate to win could be against us? Bit of revenge for the 6-1 at your place?

Revenge is best served cold. Never understood that phrase. Is it even a phrase? Anyway yes an improved performance against you boys would be nice. We have 4 players left from that game. That said, it was the same side that had drawn with Azzuri and beat Hoskins so convincingly.

Can someone please invite us to their pub after the game? Nobody likes us. I'm not sure why. Azzuri called us s*** c***s Sad

Never living that one down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Division 1 - 2012-13   Division 1 - 2012-13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Division 1 - 2012-13
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next