Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5

Go down 
+17
rocket ledge
diddly dum
Spy
Sparta3
Sneijder10
FC POCHIN
Polingtons
dk4632
CSKA17
Hellboy
THE MAGICIAN
Paulo
Widds
dan_mitchell_WRFC
sean callaghan
thecat2
who are you
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
who are you

THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Empty
PostSubject: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 12:12 am

monsell 8 21 gd38
lda 5 15 gd26
pochins 8 15 gd14
lbt 6 12 gd 13
cpr 6 12 gd -2
humbo 6 9 gd 4
qpr 7 9 gd2
niffy 6 6 gd-26
mjr 6 3 gd-19
birstall 7 3 gd-25
wig ran 5 0 gd-25

this is the look of the table with one missing and how it will look very soon
feel for lda lbt niffy and dan mitchells crew
Back to top Go down
thecat2

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 12:31 am

have huncote folded?
Back to top Go down
who are you

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 12:48 am

[quote="thecat2"]have huncote folded?[/quote

affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
sean callaghan

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 1:27 am

[quote="who are you"]
thecat2 wrote:
have huncote folded?[/quote

affraid affraid affraid
if this is the case why dont you (who are you ) wait for the league or someone from huncote come on here and tell everyone themselves when they are ready to do so it was said they were having a meeting this week and the outcome has not been anounced and maybe for a reason.
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 2:51 am

It would be just our luck for the only side we beat to fold. If anyone remembers a few years back the same happened with West End United Reserves. I hope this isn't true, Huncote seemed to have a decent set up.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 9:39 am

i think the only thing to draw from all this is don't set up a reserve team.

We nearly folded after doing so, and Huncote are on the brink. Its not saying all reserve teams are bad, but it just doesn't seem to work.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 9:47 am

Think teams struggle when they become a 'club'. Some players dont appreciate that the first team gets priority if they are short, and some players (rightly or wrongly) do not want to 'play up' at a higher level and are happy in the team they are in.

Pete has worked tirelessly to ensure this works- along with other members of their team- am sure he will make an announecment when the time is right and will be doing everything he can to keep both teams running. Been there pre season they have done their upmost to continue the success from reaching the BW cup final
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 11:10 am

Don't talk to me about reserve team's, like Widds said, that was almost our final nail in the coffin, to be fair we are still feeling the pinch of it, taking ages to clear the nasty debt we were left with.

If we as a team never had the bond we do it would have been curtains for us. Take note boys and girls, seriously think of the pitfalls when thinking about expanding.

Widds puts in the most unbelievable amount of work to help NRI and my idea of a reserve team to help us what I thought would make us stronger nearly backfired in spectacular fashion.

Having got to know Huncote,s first team very well last year we NRI became quite pally with Pete, Chewy and the boys so we can only hope that they can sort out there problems and be able to continue.

Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 11:31 am

Could we talk about the reserves team? i must have missed that chapter. Basketball
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 11:35 am

NO
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 11:46 am

I know anyway. Wink
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 11:55 am

spot on malc. As you say, the lads helped get us thru. Nearly sorted now, and to be honest, the reserves were sound lads on the whole, just one lad really ruined it.

Really agree about the Huncote lads too, we had some fantastic games with them and would be wounded if they folded
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 12:19 pm

How long did you have a 2nd team widds? Were in our 2nd year, first year was tough, I think were stronger for it now, and have become a club, not just two teams. Chairman and sec have put in a hell of a lot of work, but I think/hope its been good for us. Not sure how others do it, but here we're clear you play for the club, not a team, and its produced a good environment.

I know we get ridiculed because of the training gear, but the strict and 'professional' way its run has led to the success of it I think.
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 12:20 pm

I remember the league were very wary about letting us enter a reserve team, presumably for reasons you and huncote have encountered.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 1:05 pm

we just did one year mate, our problems started as the result of one game in particular which cost us in money and reputation. We also had an incident where we wanted a player from reserves for an important match and they wouldn't let him play. As you say, if you run it as a club and promote players and mix teams and drink together etc then you have a chance of it working. you also need the reserves manager to run a tight ship with money etc. Fair play to you if you are making it work
Back to top Go down
dk4632

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 1:24 pm

I think Widds is spot on, the only way a reserves side will work is with integrating both sets of players, meeting at the pub after the game etc you wont step up to play for the first team if they are a bunch of strangers.

We had it the other way round, we us in the reserves doing the admin, and getting let down by the first team.

Life is now so much simpler since we got rid, less fines, less paperwork and less hassle.
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 1:26 pm

We seem 2 b doing fine, no arguments on whos playing 4 who, the first team lads all wanna play high as possible and all have known each other years, playing wiv the old syston rbl side, and the reserves i help set up 4 a laugh and a good sunday morning giggle ive only asked lads that r reliable and keep up wiv there subs, having said that we will always try and make sure both teams have at least 11, its like having 2 seperate sides,
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 1:27 pm

Thats how we r kenno, first team and resiss all know each other has u prob know
Back to top Go down
dk4632

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 1:30 pm

Spot on Poley, think what helps is most of your lads have played together in the past too, either sat or sunday and mostly all local! plus you get food on down the pub Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 1:35 pm

U know me 2 well,
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 3:45 pm

thecat2 wrote:
have huncote folded?

ARE YOU AND IBENNETT86 THE SAME PERSON Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 3:46 pm

FC POCHIN wrote:
thecat2 wrote:
have huncote folded?

ARE YOU AND IBENNETT86 THE SAME PERSON Suspect

I think so!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Sneijder10

Sneijder10

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 3:48 pm

who are you wrote:
monsell 8 21 gd38
lda 5 15 gd26
pochins 8 15 gd14
lbt 6 12 gd 13
cpr 6 12 gd -2
humbo 6 9 gd 4
qpr 7 9 gd2
niffy 6 6 gd-26
mjr 6 3 gd-19
birstall 7 3 gd-25
wig ran 5 0 gd-25

this is the look of the table with one missing and how it will look very soon
feel for lda lbt niffy and dan mitchells crew

Interesting post, i read something along these lines the other day. feel for the teams whove beaten them if this is the case. Although does benefit other teams in the title race if its to happen (including us).

The joys of sunday football
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 4:00 pm

I don't see how it benefits anyone. At the end of the season you are judged on your results against your fellow competitors. For all we know, Huncote will get a few more, better, players in and beat everyone between now and April.

The only ones that are disadvantaged are lads that might have wanted to save the club and see the season out.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 4:08 pm

Sparta3 wrote:
I don't see how it benefits anyone. At the end of the season you are judged on your results against your fellow competitors. For all we know, Huncote will get a few more, better, players in and beat everyone between now and April.

The only ones that are disadvantaged are lads that might have wanted to save the club and see the season out.

nail
head
hit
the
on
the
Back to top Go down
Sneijder10

Sneijder10

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 4:24 pm

Sparta3 wrote:

While i can see it being a disadvantage to teams that have already played them (you for example), it can have a positive effect on teams. A few seasons back when i was with st.pats, we had an oadby owls side in r division and we trounced them in both games, they dropped out n we lost 6 points (lost 5 goals on my tally aswell) and it was frustrating but we still went onto win the league, if anything losing those points pushed us all the more to be successful.

I wouldnt rule out Huncote getting better players if they do stay in the league and doing well, as we all know footballs a funy old game and that could happen. if they do i wish them luck, if not then i do feel for the lads who turn up every week for them to enjoy their football.

if u put as much passion into ur defending as u do posting on this forum, LDA wont concede another goal this season! Jeeze, talk about getting uptight!

its a matter of opinion sweetheart
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 4:34 pm

I didn't realise I was being passionate at all, just trying to apply some common sense. Obviously failed, given that you still think you were disadvantaged by it.

There's only one man who calls me sweetheart and he won't like you coming on to me.
Back to top Go down
Spy

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 4:54 pm

Should we not wait and see and official posting before we start assuming?

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Sneijder10

Sneijder10

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 4:56 pm

Sparta3 wrote:
I didn't realise I was being passionate at all, just trying to apply some common sense. Obviously failed, given that you still think you were disadvantaged by it.

There's only one man who calls me sweetheart and he won't like you coming on to me.

nothing wrong with common sense, sadly on here its all about matter of opinions, so whether you think im using common sense or not is down to your opinion for some this potential team folding is a good thing, for some not so much, especially ur boys as ur unbeaten this season and rightfully so. im sure my mate dikenio would agree!

it was unfortunate for us that this team folded when we were playing for pats, my point was just because u lose one win, u shud use it in a positive to spur u on! not everything that happens is a negative

awww thats nice for you! hope he looks after u Very Happy
Back to top Go down
diddly dum

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 5:35 pm

I think what sparta3 is trying to say is that for the teams that beat them it is irrelevant because they will be judge on how they did against the teams in the league come the end of the season like everyone else! So although LDA lose 3 points they also have an extra game to gain those 3 points back so why should it be seen as a negative? In my view it has no affect on any team as they will all still play the same number of games come the end of the season!
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 5:50 pm

it can have plenty of relevance

you might be leading the league by 4 points, bang a team folds who you beat twice, bang the team 4 points behind you lost against them twice, suddenly you are 2 points behind with the top 2 having 1 game left, you have just gone from champions to hoping that a bottom of the league team beat your rivals which in turn will give you a chance as long as you beat a team away from home who have easily been the best team in the league since xmas

goodnight
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 5:59 pm

but if you lose some points yet still have 10 other teams in your division, then it is how you did against the remaining teams that count. and if that means you lose the league because a rival did better against those teams then fair enough in my opinion
Back to top Go down
diddly dum

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 6:05 pm

Totally agree with polska, the best team against the teams within your league will be the rightful winner whether someone folds or not!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 6:16 pm

ive been trying to convince people of this for 2 years and was pleasantly surprised when I saw a few more in agreement!

too many clubs moan about it. don't get me wrong, its a pain and I actually expect us to lose a few points by the end of this season because of it (although hope I'm very wrong!) but to use it as an excuse for not staying up or winning a league is wrong in my opinion.

as someone that has been involved in a 'reserve' side I would say it is a nightmare - not so much off the pitch but on it. the two teams just become to separated and if you can make it work like Thurmaston then well done and good luck to you. if a first team pick a second team player, neither he nor the reserve team manager should have any argument whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 6:16 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
but if you lose some points yet still have 10 other teams in your division, then it is how you did against the remaining teams that count. and if that means you lose the league because a rival did better against those teams then fair enough in my opinion

Exactly right.
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 10:27 pm

It is a shame to see Huncote fold as in my other post. In terms of running 2 teams, we've been doing it for a few seasons now with 2 of those with 3 teams. It can be difficult but I have to agree if the players integrate and drink together down the pub then it is easy to send them with the 1st team as they already know those players!!

Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 10:55 pm

if you say that a team folding costs you the league, are you saying you tried less hard to win other games? i can only see this being a problem if a team folds in the last game when you think you have the league sown up and you do names from a hat.
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Nov 2012, 10:56 pm

has no bearing whatsoever . whichever team gets the most points wins the league simple,
no matter how many games you play
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeFri 09 Nov 2012, 9:02 am

I think it has less of an effect early in the season or if the folding team has lost all their games, can be frustrating though if it's later in the season you have beaten them and sides around you dropped points, the only solution is to wipe all results but it is frustrating in that situation and can have a bearing on the final tables
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitimeFri 09 Nov 2012, 1:16 pm

Were now bottom of the league. At least were the strongest side in division 5 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5   THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE NEW LOOK OF DIV 5
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Banter :: Banter - Alliance Football-
Jump to: