Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Yellow Cards

Go down 
+14
Widds
lbennett86
whiteeagles
Aussie Owl
man in black
Robinson6
littlebigman
spartamoshdock
Jim royle
Bucko
Jedster
Skeems
dk4632
Hairy Hebrew!
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 11:52 am

Has anyone else noticed if Referee's are using yellow cards more and more often than last season? Seems that Referees are very quick to jump to their pockets this season than last.
We have had more bookings this season already than the whole of last year which seems odd as we have mainly the same bunch of players. Surely we haven't just turned dirty in matter of a few months??
Not slagging off Referees at all, but its just something I have noticed. Maybe they have been told to clamp down on certain incidents from the powers that be...........

Anyone else noticed? Or are we just a bunch of Dirrrty Barstewards?
Back to top Go down
dk4632

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 12:25 pm

Maybe your players are just more competitive, putting in more tackles than last year?

on the whole I've not noticed more cards in our games this year, I think we've only had one!
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 12:33 pm

Is it a County FA directive to make more money??

You'd have to ask yourself that, but I definitely agree with the above 2 comments.
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 12:37 pm

I didnt play alliance last year but you defo on to something, they are defo gettin there monies worth, ive been sayin theyre just dishin cards out wily nilly glad someone slse has noticed
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 12:45 pm

I am not slagging ref's off at all as I know there job is impossible, having done it myself. But seems to be no consistency with the yellow card punishments.
At the end of the day the players are being fined £10 for silly little things. Money is hard to come by as it is and a couple of bookings in 2 weeks and it soon tops up. Last year i just think the referees were more calmer and not as quick to just flash a card
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 12:55 pm

Well said. just think its wrong personally i feel like they need to realise its sunday m,orning not the premier league. no names mentioned but 1 certain ref actually pulled me up wen i was a lil worse for wear so i just tripped sm1, turned held my hands up said yh i kno but the ref was screaming at me like id just killed sm1 lol. He later actually apologised(to my amazement) ..point is just feel they can get a bit over the top!
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 1:02 pm

There is also one ref (who also shall remain nameless) who since he got a promotion has definitely increased his yellow cards, he was never like that before. He is a really nice guy though but I just wonder if you go up a level is there more of a incentive to brandish yellow cards?
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 1:25 pm

Would b nice if the ref turned up to give any cards out
Back to top Go down
Jim royle

Jim royle

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 3:30 pm

Jeeeze don't even get me started. I have had lumps kicked out of me this year! Every team so far seem to try and put 2 men on me at all times but this week really got to me. I was elbowed in the face 3 times, kicked in the chest and rugby tackled to the floor whilst through on goal not one was even given as a free kick. About 70 mins (my 1st tackle) i was a little late the lad jumped the challenge tbh and he got straight back up nothing to it ( I thought) I got booked first card in years. 80 mins in through on goal again I was scissored both feet knee high resulting in only the same punishment as myself! I don't complain very often but I'd like to see a bit more consistency I also don't like to see reds on a Sunday morning but knee high is ridiculous. This is not a pop at any particular ref before anyone suggests it!
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 5:10 pm

I definitely feel there are more cards this season. Refs seem a but too keen. Having said that, it maybe due to who we have had!

Again, not naming names, but in one of our games there were 6 yellow cards between the two teams. These are two teams that know each other very well and most are mates. There was no need for any bookings and both felt they were very petty.

When I approached the ref at the end of the game to shake his hand, I asked him if he honestly felt that was the sort of game that needed so many yellows.

His response....."I needed to control the game".

To me, this is ridiculous, control the game from the off using your mouth. Talk to players, this way the respect will be seen as mutual and will help control both sides. Brandishing cards as a control method is far more likely to p*** players off and make the situation worse.

I won't go into the other ref we've had this season, as it will only get me in trouble.

Personally though, seeing refs such as Graham Swan and Martin Dexter reffing in the lower leagues is gutting for us, although brilliant for those teams and no disrespect to them, as we could do with refs of that calibre in our league! Just a thought...
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 5:30 pm

spartamoshdock wrote:
I definitely feel there are more cards this season. Refs seem a but too keen. Having said that, it maybe due to who we have had!

Again, not naming names, but in one of our games there were 6 yellow cards between the two teams. These are two teams that know each other very well and most are mates. There was no need for any bookings and both felt they were very petty.

When I approached the ref at the end of the game to shake his hand, I asked him if he honestly felt that was the sort of game that needed so many yellows.

To me, this is ridiculous, control the game from the off using your mouth. Talk to players, this way the respect will be seen as mutual and will help control both sides. Brandishing cards as a control method is far more likely to p*** players off and make the situation worse.

I won't go into the other ref we've had this season, as it will only get me in trouble.

Personally though, seeing refs such as Graham Swan and Martin Dexter reffing in the lower leagues is gutting for us, although brilliant for those teams and no disrespect to them, as we could do with refs of that calibre in our league! Just a thought...

Having done Moshdock a few times over the years I would ask how many of your cards are for dissent, I won't name names but you have a couple of players who can't keep their gobs shut,you know that,I know that everyone knows that,all the moaners on here about yellow cards never consider their own behaviour, controlling the game with a yellow? whats the problem in that? it's when you don't give an obvious yellow that problems usually start,players should concentrate on improving their own game because whatever anyone says they are only Sunday league standard and allow the Refs to do their job,I know for a fact that their has been a few games this year without a Ref despite Stewarts best efforts so be careful what you wish for Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Robinson6

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 6:15 pm

It's Sunday mornings not Premier League? I didn't realise the LOTG differ between the two... At the end of the day a reckless tackle in the Premier League is still a reckless tackle in Sunday league and will be penalised as such. As for cards for dissent, who's to blame but the player?
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 6:30 pm

My point was that more yellow cards seem to be being shown this season. Last year refs were less likely to jump for a card. To have more bookings in the first month and a bit compared to the whole of last season surely proves something has changed. With other teams backing this up surely this is an issue. It's hard enough to get sOme players out of bed and paying their subs let alone another tenner for something petty! No wonder there's less interest in Sunday mornings than there used to be
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 6:38 pm

there has been no directive to cut down on anything or give out more cards,,,,dissent is still rife on a sunday morning and needs cutting out,,,,,I was going to give a yellow to player and his mate shouted you cant book him its sunday,,,,,not sure what difference the day makes,,,,,

i have done 7 games in alliance league so far and have gave 20 yellow and 2 red which compares much the same as last two seasons,,,,

10 unsporting behaviour
6 dissent
1 persistant
3 delaying restart
Back to top Go down
Robinson6

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 6:38 pm

You did mention that you have pretty much the same bunch of lads as last season... have you thought they may be a little heavier, slower and not as quick in their reactions causing later, more reckless tackles? not necessarily the case, I don't know what team you are, but could be a good shout
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 6:42 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
My point was that more yellow cards seem to be being shown this season. Last year refs were less likely to jump for a card. To have more bookings in the first month and a bit compared to the whole of last season surely proves something has changed. With other teams backing this up surely this is an issue. It's hard enough to get sOme players out of bed and paying their subs let alone another tenner for something petty! No wonder there's less interest in Sunday mornings than there used to be
Ive not done your team so can't comment on your team,but i will say that the Alliance League hand out fair play awards every season and the teams that win the awards will obviously have less bookings than other teams,so I would say that teams should look at their own behaviour first,Refs do not get directives to crack down on anything and generally Refs will caution only when they think they need to
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 7:09 pm

What has changed is that refs are being suspended, fined or warned for not submitting reports, having shown a card.

This is not a reason for them to show a different number of cards, but it does mean that there will be more reports for County to act on. Beware!
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 7:58 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
Has anyone else noticed if Referee's are using yellow cards more and more often than last season? Seems that Referees are very quick to jump to their pockets this season than last.
We have had more bookings this season already than the whole of last year which seems odd as we have mainly the same bunch of players. Surely we haven't just turned dirty in matter of a few months??
Not slagging off Referees at all, but its just something I have noticed. Maybe they have been told to clamp down on certain incidents from the powers that be...........

Anyone else noticed? Or are we just a bunch of Dirrrty Barstewards?
Laughing Laughing

Is this in relation to Sunday? To be fair, it seemed that your yellow cards were mainly for dissent and that the referee let a couple of hard/late tackles from both sides go that could have warranted yellow cards. We are yet to have a yellow card this season, touch wood anyway and are yet to have a game with many yellow cards apart from Sunday. It wasn't a dirty or heated game I would say but a lot of cynical fouls - particularly that one from Dexter who was already booked so you got the benefit of the doubt there and would have had an impact on the game! IMO, refs are just taking less and less poor in terms of abuse and dissent so fair play to them on that part.
Back to top Go down
lbennett86

lbennett86

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 9:00 pm

we have played 6games in those 6 I've seen just 1 booking, to an opposition player for a couple of questionable challenges, no probe in either cup game either... all seems well to me!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 9:37 pm

I think we have had one yellow card and that was just for repeat offenses, nothing dangerous, just obstructions etc.
I haven't noticed any difference in the number of cards handed out so far and with the exception of one game (in my opinion), the standard of refereeing this season has been superb for us.
Obviously waiting for Mr Bruce to come to Uplands and add to his card tally above Wink
Back to top Go down
gazfox9

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 9:49 pm

Aussie Owl wrote:
What has changed is that refs are being suspended, fined or warned for not submitting reports, having shown a card.

This is not a reason for them to show a different number of cards, but it does mean that there will be more reports for County to act on. Beware!

This point confuses the issue further. Surely given these circumstances, a referee would be more likely to give players 'the benefit of doubt' to avoid giving out cards, therefore not having the need to to file reports, thus REDUCING the number of cards.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 10:53 pm

but with respect gaz that would be the easy way out and mean the ref wasn't doing his job properly if he doesn't issue cards because he can't be arsed to send reports in
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012, 11:01 pm

as a ref every Saturday and running a team every Sunday, I sit on both sides of the fence. cards both for us and opposition haven't gone up at all, and I think teams need to give it until the end of the season for a fair assessment. There is a lot of dissent though on both Saturdays and Sundays and that certainly hasn't gone down, if anything its gone up.

although we'd like to think most players know the offences that will lead to red or yellow cards (and some don't) you'd think it would stop them committing them, but it doesn't.

I have to laugh at the comment 'it's only Sunday football not the Premier league'. Hear it every year and it's ridiculous. Perhaps GBH and foul and abusive language should be compulsory on a Sunday!

I was also told when I started reffing that after a few years, I would rarely shout at refs when my team were playing and that is 100% true. about time we had more people taking up the whistle and put their money where their mouths are! Laughing

Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2012, 7:13 am

I agree with the earlier point that I think refs are just fed up of the poor that they receive and that's fair enough! We've had 3 yellows this season 2 for dissent and 1 for unsporting behaviour which were deserved also 1 red which again was very deserved!! Don't think we'll be getting the fair play award......
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2012, 7:17 am

littlebigman wrote:
spartamoshdock wrote:

Having done Moshdock a few times over the years I would ask how many of your cards are for dissent, I won't name names but you have a couple of players who can't keep their gobs shut,you know that,I know that everyone knows that,all the moaners on here about yellow cards never consider their own behaviour, controlling the game with a yellow? whats the problem in that? it's when you don't give an obvious yellow that problems usually start,players should concentrate on improving their own game because whatever anyone says they are only Sunday league standard and allow the Refs to do their job,I know for a fact that their has been a few games this year without a Ref despite Stewarts best efforts so be careful what you wish for Very Happy

I think maybe of the 10 yellows we have had this season, 2 were for dissent. In the match I highlighted we got 4 yellows and none were for dissent but for petty little fouls. Yes, we did have some goby players, but we have clamped down on that. And even on that point, consistency is the key. To be booked for saying "that was flipping handball" to a ref and then hear the opposition call the ref a "flipping knob" and the ref clearly hear it as he repeated it, and that go unpunished is just incredible.

The point about controlling a game with a yellow is that you then end up booking 6 in a game when there was genuinely nothing going on. If the ref had spoke to players first and engaged with the teams this wouldn't have happened. Far too quick to reach for a card and from a personal viewpoint, that is poor refereeing.

There are certain refs out there who have gained the full respect of teams and who players are ecstatic about seeing turn up to ref them on a Sunday, and this is due to the simple fact they will talk to you on a football pitch with the same respect as they expect to receive. Personally, the respect campaign will only work if refs don't abuse it. We have come across a ref, who will remain nameless, who is more than happy to scream and swear at players and sure utter disrespect and then expect to receive respect back. Not going to happen.

Whilst I fully accept players do far more wrong, and we are included in that, I just think a little more common sense and consistency is required from SOME refs.
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2012, 7:25 am

Totally agree sparta! Love it when I see we've got someone like martin dexter or brian morrel who speak to the players throughout the game! They earn their respect in the right way
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2012, 9:22 am

We had Martin on Sunday, the man is top drawer
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2012, 9:39 am

Referees are now starting to get suspended if they don't submit yellow cards

http://www.leicestershirefa.com/news/2012/oct/match-officials-sanctioned
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2012, 10:09 am

the fact that referees are getting banned, is because the cards they are showing are not getting reported,,,this doesnt mean a increase in cards being shown which the original post suggested. so not sure if the post is saying more being shown and being reported or that there are more being shown. did you have cards last year that you didnt get any fines for, as the fa instruction could show you getting more as we now report them,,,we are also told to report teams that ask us after the game not to send cards in,

cards are used for various means, one being match control, when things seem to be going wrong way and it does work, if talking and using captains doesnt seem to have any effect many times a card will calm a player down, the problem then arises that you set a standard and the next player that behaves in the same way has to have a card as well, therefore one card very often leads to two and three,
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2012, 10:39 am

Call your local Paranoia Society today....

Does anyone know the number? no one will tell me it.

The more fines, the bigger the xmas dooooooooooooooo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yellow Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow Cards   Yellow Cards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yellow Cards
Page 1 of 1