Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Leicester Mercury

Go down 
+7
Skeems
Widds
Polska legend II
ben
joecampbell
karljackoLKS
Spy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Spy

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2012, 10:16 am

Any body else seen the poor write up in this weeks mercury?
Back to top Go down
karljackoLKS

karljackoLKS

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2012, 10:19 am

think the mercury only put a write up in now if they have the space to do it mate, used to go in on a monday or tuesday i think
Back to top Go down
http://www.leicesterklubsportowy.wordpress.com
joecampbell

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2012, 10:38 am

dont u miss the sporting blue though...was the only paper i read at the time
Back to top Go down
ben

ben

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2012, 10:40 am

^^^^^^^^^
Yes!
Back to top Go down
Spy

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2012, 12:05 pm

Buying the sporting blue and nipping in the bookies is a thing of the past now!!
Back to top Go down
joecampbell

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2012, 12:25 pm

especially when it'd say something like "so and so won 3-0 thanks to goals from [enter name here]"

it only cost 10p
for some things there is master card
reading your name in that paper priceless cheers sunny

Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2012, 1:28 pm

Unfortunately the Sporting Blue didn't cover it's costs (not surprisingly if it was 10p, although I only ever remember it being 20p?) and the lack of coverage for local football reflects the decline of newspapers in general. It is a shame because grass roots football in a local paper should get much more coverage, but they run a business at the end of the day so they are in a perfect position to judge. Long live the Alliance League website!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2012, 1:36 pm

i still have the copies from our two league wins and when i got the main strapline. My mum was so impressed as she thought i would only ever be in the papers for indecent behaviour!
Back to top Go down
Spy

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2012, 1:45 pm

Did you not keep the copies of them then?
Back to top Go down
joecampbell

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2012, 1:48 pm

Widds wrote:
i still have the copies from our two league wins and when i got the main strapline. My mum was so impressed as she thought i would only ever be in the papers for indecent behaviour!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2012, 1:58 pm

Spy wrote:
Did you not keep the copies of them then?

No mate, it brought great shame on the House of Widds!! lol
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2012, 2:05 pm

Remember me and mark (mainly me because I can speak to the guy personally) can get your name in the paper!! Ask nicely, don't call me names and you might have a chance Wink

Chris Finn who is the guy in charge of putting mine and Mark's write up in the paper, explained at the start of the season that the coverage would not be up to the standards of yesteryear due to staff cutbacks.

Me and Mark mainly write the piece nowadays for our own website.

The Mercury gets forwarded the same copy, its up to them if they want to use it or how much of it they use.
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2012, 5:27 pm

the leicester mercury is a total shambles its full off poor anyway they would sell more the more football reports the print dumb asses
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2012, 5:27 pm

yeah but what do you REALLY think
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2012, 10:49 pm

not sure didn't get the vibe from that
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2012, 10:50 pm

S&G Sec wrote:
Remember me and mark (mainly me because I can speak to the guy personally) can get your name in the paper!! Ask nicely, don't call me names and you might have a chance Wink

Chris Finn who is the guy in charge of putting mine and Mark's write up in the paper, explained at the start of the season that the coverage would not be up to the standards of yesteryear due to staff cutbacks.

Me and Mark mainly write the piece nowadays for our own website.

The Mercury gets forwarded the same copy, its up to them if they want to use it or how much of it they use.

would love to find out just how much the Sporting Blue cost to print etc.!
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2012, 10:53 pm

I'd pay a quid for it! Bring back the sporting blue!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 8:04 am

Feel a campaign coming on...
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 8:20 am

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
I'd pay a quid for it! Bring back the sporting blue!!!!!

I would pay £1 a week to buy the sporting blue, i guarentee they would sell thousands and considering the sun and the mercury only cost around 30 - 50p they would be able to do it for around 50p and make loads. even when i wasnt playing i would buy it and i know a lot of people that do the same.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/blabyunitedsunday/291826/Home
ben

ben

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 8:22 am

BRING BACK THE SPORTING BLUE!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 8:40 am

https://www.facebook.com/groups/355920451161980/

Join this group and lets see if we can make a big thing out of bringing back the sporting blue, don't know if it will do any good but worth a try surely?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 9:41 am

I used to like the rugby section too....bring it back!! bring it back!!!
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 10:12 am

Hellboy wrote:
I used to like the rugby section too....bring it back!! bring it back!!!
me too
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 10:34 am

A much better sport than foo affraid tball........
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 10:55 am

Hellboy wrote:
A much better sport than foo affraid tball........

Well I would agree but since I broke my neck ive started to get into football now, as I am taking a year out from my Bourne Rugby side
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 10:59 am

191 members! Woop woop!!
Back to top Go down
BUSFC Zack

BUSFC Zack

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 11:05 am

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
191 members! Woop woop!!
only been on about an hour lol
Back to top Go down
joecampbell

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2012, 11:49 am

aaah look at that we only spoke about it yesterday. #revolution

thats what i like about this forum. #alliancefamily

no joke but work goes quicker too! ha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leicester Mercury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Leicester Mercury Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leicester Mercury
Page 1 of 1