Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Handshakes?

Go down 
+4
Polska legend II
Aussie Owl
man in black
lbennett86
8 posters
AuthorMessage
lbennett86

lbennett86

Handshakes? Empty
PostSubject: Handshakes?   Handshakes? Icon_minitimeSat 01 Sep 2012, 2:09 pm

Was it just our ref last night or is this now a part of the pre-match thing? It just seems that on a Friday night fixture we wasted time we didn't have.
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Handshakes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handshakes?   Handshakes? Icon_minitimeSat 01 Sep 2012, 2:28 pm

have had no directive to do a handshake at this level of football
Back to top Go down
lbennett86

lbennett86

Handshakes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handshakes?   Handshakes? Icon_minitimeSat 01 Sep 2012, 2:33 pm

so it was just our ref then? I thought it was odd :-s
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Handshakes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handshakes?   Handshakes? Icon_minitimeSat 01 Sep 2012, 2:36 pm

We had handshakes prior to finals and some semis last season but there is no obligation. However, if the response to your question is positive, it could be discussed at the next Alliance Committee meeting. Let us know your views, please.

An option could be to do it on Sundays only.
Back to top Go down
lbennett86

lbennett86

Handshakes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handshakes?   Handshakes? Icon_minitimeSat 01 Sep 2012, 2:41 pm

I see it as positive to a certain degree, its a little odd but I'm sure if it happens weekly we'll get used to it. On an evening fixture however it does seem wrong with there being a battle with daylight.. I'd like to know how others see it too to be honest
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Handshakes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handshakes?   Handshakes? Icon_minitimeSat 01 Sep 2012, 6:53 pm

Don't think its a big deal either way and at our level I don't think its that important to be honest
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Handshakes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handshakes?   Handshakes? Icon_minitimeSat 01 Sep 2012, 7:02 pm

We talked about having one after the 'Battle of Uplands' with DME Conservatories last year but in the end didnt bother...dont think their is a need - if you dont like someone, a handshake does little to help
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Handshakes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handshakes?   Handshakes? Icon_minitimeSat 01 Sep 2012, 8:04 pm

Widds wrote:
We talked about having one after the 'Battle of Uplands' with DME Conservatories last year but in the end didnt bother...dont think their is a need - if you dont like someone, a handshake does little to help

agreed, if you really dont want to shake someones hand, it could make matters worse, if it got the wrong attention, it could cause more problems than its worth. look what happened between Evra and Suarez...... Shocked

i mean, would you really want me to shake hands with you.... Wink only if you kept your goalie gloves on.
Back to top Go down
fozzi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
fozzi

Handshakes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handshakes?   Handshakes? Icon_minitimeSun 02 Sep 2012, 5:00 am

Widds wrote:

Battles at Uplands I love you
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Handshakes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handshakes?   Handshakes? Icon_minitimeSun 02 Sep 2012, 7:26 am

fozzi wrote:
Widds wrote:

Battles at Uplands I love you

A nice welcome for Cas today if you dont mind, cappuccinos at halftime.
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

Handshakes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handshakes?   Handshakes? Icon_minitimeSun 02 Sep 2012, 7:55 am

think the opportunity is there for any match to do it and the alliance league could easily en corporate it,,,would mean being ready at 10-25 to ensure kickoff at 10-30,,,think county want it at every cup game and its done at senior league div one but not combination
Back to top Go down
CSKA Mod

Handshakes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handshakes?   Handshakes? Icon_minitimeSun 02 Sep 2012, 6:30 pm

We were offered it before kick-off and our skipper told the ref we weren't bothered. Shake hands after in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
lbennett86

lbennett86

Handshakes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handshakes?   Handshakes? Icon_minitimeSun 02 Sep 2012, 7:22 pm

CSKA Mod wrote:
We were offered it before kick-off and our skipper told the ref we weren't bothered. Shake hands after in my opinion.

I always thought that at our level it was afters so not to waste time, so we could get the game started on time
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Handshakes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handshakes?   Handshakes? Icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2012, 9:37 am

Quite looking forward to Suarez and Evra meeting up today.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Handshakes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handshakes?   Handshakes? Icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2012, 12:26 pm

This has now been considered by the League Committee and it has been decided that this is entirely voluntary in the Alliance league
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Handshakes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handshakes?   Handshakes? Icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2012, 12:46 pm

Oh thank goodness for that, there's some unscrupulous people out there i wouldn't want to shake hands with, i saw one this morning scratching his butt-crack, i certainly wouldnt want to shake his hand, and his hand was inside his pants.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Handshakes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handshakes?   Handshakes? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Handshakes?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Banter :: Banter - Alliance Football-
Jump to: