Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw

Go down 
+6
shearer
EcstasyFC
riley
Jimmyb
Lodge
The Fixture Secretary
10 posters
AuthorMessage
The Fixture Secretary
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Empty
PostSubject: Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw   Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010, 9:32 pm

The draw for the semi finals of the Stokes Cup is as follows:

Fosse City OR Anstey Hounds v TrinderBox

This game is scheduled for Sunday 7th March 2010
Venue - Narborough & Littlethorpe (Guthlaxton OB)

Phoenix United OR Magna Town 2008 v E FC

This game is scheduled for Sunday 14th March 2010
Venue - Sport in Desford (Desford United)
Back to top Go down
Lodge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Lodge

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw   Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010, 10:23 pm

Good luck to our pals at EFC for the semi. Hope they cause a surprise and go on all the way to win the competition
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamstats.net/humberstonerangersfc

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw   Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010, 10:43 pm

good luck to all but cant see anyone stopping trinderbox in this one!
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw   Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010, 11:02 pm

wafc wrote:

We'll have a damn good go if we get past Anstey tomorrow!

Tough call between Magna, EFC and Phoenix, 2 close games there I think.
Back to top Go down
Lodge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Lodge

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw   Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010, 11:10 pm

You playing in league or cup tomorrow? I saw a league game in the fixtures
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw   Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010, 11:15 pm

Cup tomorrow mate, league next week.
Back to top Go down
Lodge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Lodge

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw   Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010, 11:17 pm

Good luck with it then mate. If I'm honest, I dont mind you having a bit more of a fixture backlog than us in April!!
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw   Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010, 11:32 pm

Cheers, I'm expecting a few goals fom your boys tomorrow! Neutral
Back to top Go down
riley

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw   Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010, 8:49 am

Jimmyb wrote:
wafc wrote:

i dont know nething about phoenix but if we get past them id b be disapointed not to get past efc they were poor in our 3-3 draw earleir this season very lucky in that game
Back to top Go down
EcstasyFC

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw   Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2010, 1:11 pm

Our consistency this season has not been fantastic, but on our day I know we can beat Phoenix, Magna, and Fosse. Trinder look like something different though. Looking forward to it anyway!
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw   Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2010, 6:35 pm

riley wrote:
Jimmyb wrote:
wafc wrote:

i dont know nething about phoenix but if we get past them id b be disapointed not to get past efc they were poor in our 3-3 draw earleir this season very lucky in that game

Yeh they were poor in both our games against them, I was in goal first game of the season when we drew 5-5, most one sided draw ever! But they do seem to have turned a corner, doing well in the league and have a striker in top form, I would still expect you boys to edge them out.

Phoenix beat MDH with 9 men the other week so they must be doing something right!
Back to top Go down
shearer

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw   Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2010, 7:49 pm

forget fosse anstey ill go for trinderbox 5-1 win in semi

magna to do phoenix and then beat efc

final
trinderbox 4-2 magna
Back to top Go down
riley

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw   Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2010, 10:47 pm

Jimmyb wrote:
riley wrote:
Jimmyb wrote:
wafc wrote:

Yeh they were poor in both our games against them, I was in goal first game of the season when we drew 5-5, most one sided draw ever! But they do seem to have turned a corner, doing well in the league and have a striker in top form, I would still expect you boys to edge them out.

Phoenix beat MDH with 9 men the other week so they must be doing something right!
yeh then they lost 5-1 to kormska so i think there hit and miss! whats going on with you and anstey then?
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw   Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2010, 11:50 pm

I have no idea whats gonna happen mate, league hasn't said anything as far as im aware. Still not really sure why we couldnt finish the game. It was pretty much established that we would finish when the ambulance arrived after 15, 20 minutes or so then all of a sudden the Anstey lads changed they're minds. Heard a rumour that they were willing to give us the result but apparently the league are unlikely to allow it Neutral
Back to top Go down
riley

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw   Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 7:42 am

hmmm....... would be unfair on you guys to play again starting 0-0 though as you were 4-1 up
Back to top Go down
The Fixture Secretary
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw   Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 8:33 am

I can confirm that the game between Fosse City and Anstey Hounds this Sunday 21st Feb will now be the rearranged Stokes Cup game.

A game can't be decided with only 45 minutes being played. Anything can still happen!! This is a league decision and would be the same decision whatever teams are involved.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw   Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 8:55 am

The Fixture Secretary wrote:
The draw for the semi finals of the Stokes Cup is as follows:

Fosse City OR Anstey Hounds v TrinderBox

This game is scheduled for Sunday 7th March 2010
Venue - Narborough & Littlethorpe (Guthlaxton OB)

Phoenix United OR Magna Town 2008 v E FC

This game is scheduled for Sunday 14th March 2010
Venue - Sport in Desford (Desford United)

Happy with the draw (dodging Trinderbox was key) but we shudnt be looking beyond Phoenix, sure they will make it very hard!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw   Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 9:42 am

The Fixture Secretary wrote:
I can confirm that the game between Fosse City and Anstey Hounds this Sunday 21st Feb will now be the rearranged Stokes Cup game.

A game can't be decided with only 45 minutes being played. Anything can still happen!! This is a league decision and would be the same decision whatever teams are involved.

The only thing that was gonna happen in that game was an absolute mauling and that's why the match didn't continue. We thought the game was set to be completed, so did the referee, as did most of the anstey players. We were of the opinion that they were forfeiting the match as they left.

We now have to face them again without easily our most important player, seriously denting our chances of making the semis, when in all honesty with our first half performance on Sunday we had more than booked our place.
Back to top Go down
EcstasyFC

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw   Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 1:25 pm

You rely on one player? It's a team game! Don't go all liverpool on us.
Back to top Go down
Declan Swan

Declan Swan

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw   Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 1:30 pm

I'd be interested to know how a triwsted knee and a 30 minute delay is enough to justify calling a game off. If the game had gone to extra time there would have been the extra 30 minutes in any case,

Feeling pretty hard done by here, as the job was all but done.
Back to top Go down
EcstasyFC

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw   Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 1:32 pm

Last year we went into a game 4-1 down at half time and won it 5-4, it does happen.
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw   Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010, 1:53 pm

There is no provision within League Rules for games to be forfeited.

The Management Committee reviews all abandoned games and can order the score at the time to stand. However noting that just 44 minutes were played, we have rescheduled the game.

Declan Swan may well feel that the job was all but done - but it isn't done until the 90 minutes are up - and as EcstacyFC states - matches can be turned around.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw   Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeSun 07 Mar 2010, 8:39 pm

shearer wrote:

final
trinderbox 4-2 magna

Good Call! Razz
Back to top Go down
Declan Swan

Declan Swan

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw   Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 12:44 pm

Jimmyb wrote:
shearer wrote:

final
trinderbox 4-2 magna

Good Call! Razz

cheers
Back to top Go down
enogel

enogel

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw   Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Icon_minitimeMon 08 Mar 2010, 6:27 pm

tHERES ONLY ONE ALAN SHEARER Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw   Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stokes Cup - Semi Final Draw
Page 1 of 1