Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'

Go down 
+14
FC POCHIN
Fishandchips
Katie G
BOSSMAN
norty14
Capello
Hellboy
the goalie
Jim royle
Hairy Hebrew!
Widds
Polska legend II
Polingtons
Aussie Owl
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Empty
PostSubject: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 9:26 am

What does your club do?
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 9:34 am

In the past ive known clubs, to have lower subs for students and jobless players, they still have 2 pay, and they pay it up in the end, the debt dnt get high so quick, also set a limit, £20 aint a bad limit for any player, its just as bad 2 get money off those wiv jobs
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 9:39 am

as mentioned, if the debt becomes £12 or more, we ask them to pay it off the following week (or bring it down a bit). we have had to tighten up because some of the players were shocking (the English ones!) and there is one player who plies his trade in the Alliance week in week out who I would recommend all clubs not to touch with a bargepole! (you know who you are!). With the club mentioned on the other thread, whilst only using them as an example and nothing personal, I do wonder how a player could have been allowed to rack up nearly £50 worth of debt. I suspect that MANY clubs will not chase their best or star players for fear of upsetting them or losing them to another club. We also run a standing order scheme so that £15 comes out of your bank account each month, and whatever is left over at the end of the season (if, say, you are injured or games were postponed during January) you are paid a dividend back. This works better than you think, because then players don't have to turn up with any money or indeed can spend it all on a few pints and a spin on the fruit machine! Unfortunately, in the case of the club mentioned on the other thread, I think they have no choice but to try and suspend the player because they seemingly have no choice. I would imagine his new club may settle the debt to get him cleared them chase him internally throughout the new season to get it paid off. That's what I would do if I had signed a player of that ability in those circumstances
Back to top Go down
Polingtons
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 9:44 am

Wiv setting up of a new team, ive steered clear of previous players that r bad payers no matter how goid they r,
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 9:50 am

you mentioned that once Mark about direct debit, and we are doing it this year, main thing expect me is that then i can enjoy the game instead of remembering who has to pay etc
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 9:53 am

We have had some shockers in the past especially when we had two teams and chasing players up. Two players left us owing us nearly 100 quid each but we had to keep playing them to make up 11 players. They also had a red card each that they couldn't be bothered to square up. I no of one atleast still playing in the alliance league.
After this we brought in a treasurer ( a woman, best kind of treasurer if u ask me), who slowly got on top of the situation and we now have lads going up to her with cash.

Last season tho we did have one player who had lost his job but seeings he had been with us 9years we decided to help him through his current misfortune. So, think it all depends on the relationship with the player and how well you no him
Back to top Go down
Jim royle

Jim royle

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 9:59 am

A few years ago I was made redundant and my team mates all chipped in with my subs, and we did the same when it happened to another lad. We took it upon ourselves to sort rather than owing the club.
Its hard for clubs and in the past I've always noticed its the better players that you need to play that don't pay! Kind of leaves clubs stuck in a hole! Like the direct debit idea although who's going to get the first 36 quid bank charge for 4 quid subs haha
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 10:14 am

haha my lads too young for bank accounts will have to raid their piggy banks
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 10:42 am

Widds wrote:
you mentioned that once Mark about direct debit, and we are doing it this year, main thing expect me is that then i can enjoy the game instead of remembering who has to pay etc

Katie!!!!!!!!!!!! Idea i'll ask her tonight, over our pizza restaurante.
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 10:53 am

Suggest that he becomes permanent kit washer, i have done this myself when skint. It costs 12 quid for a kit wash for clubs so they get a better deal too, although the misses aint too happy when its full of mud Surprised
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 11:13 am

you always get a pound off me, for a copy of the big issue.
Back to top Go down
norty14

norty14

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 11:16 am

i have played in teams before where 1 player owed over £100 and still expected to play. as soon as the manager benched him and warned him he wont start until its sorted or a chunk is paid and it took a while but it seemed to do the trick. its different if they have lost there jobs etc but when they are still going at weekends every weekend the team morale can suffer as players start to think why should they bother paying.
Back to top Go down
BOSSMAN

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 12:20 pm

iF THEY CAN AFFORD TO SMOKE OR GO OUT ON THE p*** THEY CAN AFFORD THE SUBS, WHY SHOULD THEY BE TREATED ANY DIFFERENT TO ME WHO WORKS.

Make them pay subs before the game and if they don't have a genuine reason for not paying they don't play, someone who pays regularly every week then turns up with no money should not be penalised by being subbed.
Back to top Go down
norty14

norty14

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 3:53 pm

i agree but ultimatly it has to come from the manager. if he wont inforce rules to start with then excuses will always appear. u wouldnt buy a car and expect free petrol so why pay a signing on fee but then expect a free game every week?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jul 2012, 6:04 pm

We don't charge players who are out of work.
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 11:06 am

Hellboy wrote:
Widds wrote:

Laughing One lad got to £50 in our squad. I had him suspended by the county fa. The other lads never got in debt

Sometimes the players are not solely responsible for getting in debt....they turn up with the money ready to pay, but the person collecting the subs is busy sorting the ref; opponents; kit; pitch etc. They then get round to collecting subs after the game (once they've sorted the ref; opponents; kit; pitch etc) and some players have left, genuinely forgetting that they didn't get round to paying. It's very easy for me to say that I got all the subs in each week, but I had a manager there to sort the squad and Ross there to sort the pitch which allowed me to collar that lads before the game. Some clubs just need a bit of help running them, expecially on a match day
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 11:17 am

we tried something a bit different where everyone pays a lump sum a the start of the season and then a 'top up' at Christmas once we could gauge our finances and needs, ended up paying less than expected for the second half of the season and didn't have to worry about collecting money of everyone on a weekly basis, which we were all pretty rubbish at in the past! This kind of helped out the skint players too as they had a set fee and weren't getting deeper and deeper in debt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 11:17 am

MT Sec wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
Widds wrote:

Laughing One lad got to £50 in our squad. I had him suspended by the county fa. The other lads never got in debt

Sometimes the players are not solely responsible for getting in debt....they turn up with the money ready to pay, but the person collecting the subs is busy sorting the ref; opponents; kit; pitch etc. They then get round to collecting subs after the game (once they've sorted the ref; opponents; kit; pitch etc) and some players have left, genuinely forgetting that they didn't get round to paying. It's very easy for me to say that I got all the subs in each week, but I had a manager there to sort the squad and Ross there to sort the pitch which allowed me to collar that lads before the game. Some clubs just need a bit of help running them, expecially on a match day

absolutely spot on it's a nightmare trying to do it on your own!
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 11:19 am

If you cant find the subs for the week to play, then i would have to get rid of that player, they've signed up, and they know how much the subs are, and have agreed to pay them, i would allow a week gratis, and if they cant pay on the second week, they would be told they are not playing anymore, i cant see the point of letting it roll over and over, and getting them in more debt, you'd be doing them a favour, if someone cant afford one weeks subs, then they might find it hard to find ten weeks subs further down the line.

This behaviour folds clubs, other peple should not carry poor payers.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 11:28 am

think there are only 2 reasons a club would allow a debt to run on and on: 1. maybe no choice some weeks to ensure a 'bare 11', 2. a very good player who scores lots of goals!

actually, maybe we ought to start a new thread and do a survey about how much each club's top scorer owed at the end of last season... Laughing
Back to top Go down
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 11:48 am

We'd have to have players that scored lots of goals first!
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 12:05 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
think there are only 2 reasons a club would allow a debt to run on and on: 1. maybe no choice some weeks to ensure a 'bare 11', 2. a very good player who scores lots of goals!

actually, maybe we ought to start a new thread and do a survey about how much each club's top scorer owed at the end of last season... Laughing

or if you are a close group of mates and trust the person/people behind on payments to come up with it eventually!
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 12:06 pm

Polska legend II wrote:

My club actually owed me at some stages in the season.
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 12:51 pm

we have used a idea from the forum and jack withers is the new saints kitman until his debt is paid off , cracking idea that
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 12:58 pm

the goalie wrote:
we have used a idea from the forum and jack withers is the new saints kitman until his debt is paid off , cracking idea that

Look forward to playing you guys and seeing if he is worth the debt Razz
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 12:59 pm

Polska legend II wrote:

Sadly, Dave Ilnicki was our top scorer, completely up to date, paid every month at the beginning in advance and was also our only ever present....i despise having to compliment him haha.... No
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 1:05 pm

the goalie wrote:

Dont forget someone needs to walk the pitch, and remove any dog poos before the game starts.
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 2:18 pm

Hellboy wrote:
the goalie wrote:

Dont forget someone needs to walk the pitch, and remove any dog poos before the game starts.

hahah helly might jus do that
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 2:22 pm

Widds wrote:
the goalie wrote:

Look forward to playing you guys and seeing if he is worth the debt Razz

tbf widds he is a nice kid and a good player plus all of our team are very good mates , thats why they started the team.
so would of been childish of me not to take him back .

Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 5:04 pm

fair play been doing some research on you boys and turns out we may find it tough against you
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 5:31 pm

Widds wrote:
fair play been doing some research on you boys and turns out we may find it tough against you

haha widds you joker lol!
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 8:50 pm

this post is fc hoskins all over we are loads loads in debt and the alliance league are aware of that. we have for example 1 lad owes £140 another lad £95 another £45, and a good few on £50 noone of these are coming forward or replying to clear there debts the fa are aware the club cannot cover these debts . what do u do fa say the club have to pay debt then recover from player but neither club or player has the money, players fault why punish club ????
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jul 2012, 9:08 pm

fc hoskins wrote:
this post is fc hoskins all over we are loads loads in debt and the alliance league are aware of that. we have for example 1 lad owes £140 another lad £95 another £45, and a good few on £50 noone of these are coming forward or replying to clear there debts the fa are aware the club cannot cover these debts . what do u do fa say the club have to pay debt then recover from player but neither club or player has the money, players fault why punish club ????

so its catch 22 then , so whats gonna be the likely outcome?
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2012, 10:43 am

fc hoskins wrote:
We had to pay the red or yellow card (can't remember which) for one player, and then when I added on a few weeks subs, it took him over £50. The club has to pay the disciplinary of players (I don't know why) but the county FA agreed to suspend him until he paid the debt. Sometimes the County FA are willing to help clubs......it just takes a quick phone call from the club to ask for guidance
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2012, 11:10 am

I can sense a name change coming on....M T Sec to F C Hoskins Sec....good post by the way mr Coleman.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2012, 11:15 am

how did the Hoskins players run up such debts? was it all cards?
Back to top Go down
CSKA Mod

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jul 2012, 5:28 pm

the goalie wrote:
fc hoskins wrote:

so its catch 22 then , so whats gonna be the likely outcome?

In my opinion that's a club issue for not having their house in check. Fees can't get out of hand in first place. How was a lad, over £100 in debt, still representing the club and rackin up more debt?
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jul 2012, 5:58 pm

Jesus forbid us from judging others.
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jul 2012, 9:12 pm

hoskins had 2 teams we wer struggling for a team some weeks and lads that owed money we couldnt say **** off cus we needed them, late fines have killed us 25quid red card had turned into 75quid . 10 yellow card turned into 50quid when theres 4 from ressis and 4 from 1st team thats 80 fines which club couldnt afford and the actuall player hasnt cleared and now 80 has turned into 400 quid
but iam no longer sec , i got booked and cleared mine , i think our club is suspended beacuse off so much debt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'   How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How should a club treat a player who says he is 'skint'
Page 1 of 1