HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Astro turf pitches

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Star-man

Astro turf pitches Empty
PostSubject: Astro turf pitches   Astro turf pitches Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 5:10 pm

I was wondering if their was any league rule that stops teams playing on 3G pitches as this would likely be are pitch of we created a team?
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

Astro turf pitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro turf pitches   Astro turf pitches Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 6:32 pm

Exeter Arms played on one for a short while a couple of seasons ago, wasn't all season though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Astro turf pitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro turf pitches   Astro turf pitches Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 9:00 pm

3G pitches have been approved by The Alliance League but the kick offs must be 10.30am (except for evening games).

It is expected that the FA will be bringing in a requirement that all leagues must accept them at some stage in the not too distant future.

The Biggest and the Best
Back to top Go down
Star-man

Astro turf pitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro turf pitches   Astro turf pitches Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jun 2012, 8:06 am

Ok wicked Smile thanks
Back to top Go down
royboy

Astro turf pitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro turf pitches   Astro turf pitches Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jun 2012, 12:29 pm

better standard of football could be played on theses pitches for sure
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

Astro turf pitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro turf pitches   Astro turf pitches Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jun 2012, 12:44 pm

we always seem to end up on the 3g for pre season..

lovely surface to get the ball moving on. kinda hurts when you slide & also ruins your boots!
Back to top Go down
Star-man

Astro turf pitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro turf pitches   Astro turf pitches Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jun 2012, 1:03 pm

I am very aware of the injuries that could be had by playing on these but will allow are team to play more of a passing game and to me 3G pitches are a lot wider and longer than your average Sunday league pitches. Will take everything into consideration when applying for a league position.
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

Astro turf pitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro turf pitches   Astro turf pitches Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jun 2012, 5:26 pm

Ive heard there is a team that will have a 3G pitch this season
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Astro turf pitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro turf pitches   Astro turf pitches Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jun 2012, 9:12 pm

As a keeper, not a fan of them, i like diving about in the mud in winter tho!!!!
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Astro turf pitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro turf pitches   Astro turf pitches Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jun 2012, 2:14 pm

saff lounge saturday team have been offered the astro turf pitch on saffron lane and they have been passed to play on it in the district league next season, personally i hope they dont use it but the manager seems to think it will give his players a slight advantage next season, the saturday team are having a meeting this weekend so i suppose things will become clearer then, i cant be there to say why i think the club shouldnt use it as i will be playing in a vets game
Back to top Go down
Star-man

Astro turf pitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro turf pitches   Astro turf pitches Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jun 2012, 10:11 am

From a keepers point of view I can see the problems that may occur but all teams should have padded keepers kit. Also a lot of 3G pitches are fairly decent. I can't see what's wrong with playing on it least their can be no excuses about a dodgey bobble and very few games would be called off.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

Astro turf pitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro turf pitches   Astro turf pitches Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jun 2012, 10:51 am

the dodgy bobble has been my ready made excuse for years. what excuse can i use on 3g!
Back to top Go down
Star-man

Astro turf pitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro turf pitches   Astro turf pitches Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jun 2012, 11:07 am

Haha you won't have one but very much doubt we would be playing your team any time soon
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Astro turf pitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro turf pitches   Astro turf pitches Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jun 2012, 4:26 pm

You may have a problem with a 10.30 kick off if this disrupts the existing booking schedule. The fact that you will not know your fixtures for the season may also be a problem. However, two Alliance clubs sharing the same 3G pitch would help in that there would be a regular booking for almost all of the season.

The Biggest and the Best
Back to top Go down
Star-man

Astro turf pitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro turf pitches   Astro turf pitches Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jun 2012, 4:50 pm

I have looked into this and spoke with the people in charge of the 3G pitch And have been told it never gets used on a Sunday and would be happy with the extra income. Just need to figure out which is best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Astro turf pitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astro turf pitches   Astro turf pitches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Astro turf pitches
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Banter :: Banter - Alliance Football-
Jump to: