Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Bill Walton Cup Final

Go down 
+11
bretty1
Aussie Owl
Pretty Boy
Widds
Reem Team FC
Polska legend II
THE MAGICIAN
Pete Mourinho
Hairy Hebrew!
Hellboy
Gordon
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Bill Walton Cup Final Empty
PostSubject: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012, 2:05 pm

Please note that the Bill Walton Cup Final, Advance Couriers v Huncote Sunday has been rescheduled for THURSDAY 24 MAY at Holmes Park with a 7.00pm kick off.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012, 2:34 pm

Does it have to be played at Holmes park?
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012, 2:51 pm

Bloody he'll that's awhile to wait keeping players match fit!
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012, 5:12 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Does it have to be played at Holmes park?

No - but the date and venue is the agreed option made between the two competing teams.

Holmes Park offered a limited number of dates. Whilst Advance Couriers are seasoned performers at Holmes Park, for Huncote Sunday players the final presents perhaps a rare opportunity to play in a Holmes Park Final. The League would not wish to deny them that opportunity and we are pleased that Advance Couriers share a similar view.
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012, 5:55 pm

On behalf of the lads at Huncote a quick note of thanks to Advance and the league for not insisting on moving the game to another venue. Running out at county head quarters, especially in the Billy Walton is something we have been looking forward to and believe that we deserve to do that after the run we went on to get there in the first place.

Yes the date is a challenge but presents the best opportunity for both side to get out a strong side.

We will need friendlies to keep fit and have already started the process to sort out games. (PM if you might want to play us)
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012, 6:25 pm

Totally agree with that, and top marks to advance.
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012, 7:45 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Totally agree with that, and top marks to advance.

Here, here, come on Huncote, still holding my betting slip with hope, even more so now woo hoo, lol......
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012, 8:38 pm

Huncote Sec wrote:
On behalf of the lads at Huncote a quick note of thanks to Advance and the league for not insisting on moving the game to another venue. Running out at county head quarters, especially in the Billy Walton is something we have been looking forward to and believe that we deserve to do that after the run we went on to get there in the first place.

Yes the date is a challenge but presents the best opportunity for both side to get out a strong side.

We will need friendlies to keep fit and have already started the process to sort out games. (PM if you might want to play us)

let me know about friendlies pete, think I already have you in the 'pool' and if you can get a pitch, I can certainly get you opponents and a ref!
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012, 9:11 pm

Will do mate
Back to top Go down
Reem Team FC

Reem Team FC

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeMon 30 Apr 2012, 11:53 am

Chuffed to bits for Huncote for getting to the final. Whatever the result boys great achievement- really good set of lads as well down there. Smile Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeTue 01 May 2012, 6:20 am

Who knocked NRI out?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeTue 01 May 2012, 6:56 am

star and garter beat us 3-2 in a cracking game
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeTue 01 May 2012, 10:36 am

Reem Team FC wrote:
Chuffed to bits for Huncote for getting to the final. Whatever the result boys great achievement- really good set of lads as well down there. Smile Good Luck!

Cheers Fella
Back to top Go down
Pretty Boy

Pretty Boy

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeMon 07 May 2012, 2:11 pm

Yeah great achievment getting to the billy walton final......but have to say.....having played both sides on several occasions ill be very suprised if advance dont score at least 6......my prediction is 6-0 to advance.....does anyone know what the highest score ever is in the walton final?
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeMon 07 May 2012, 2:45 pm

In normal time:-
77-78 Cedar Motors 6, Wigston Town CC 1;
99-00 Railway WMC 6, Winstanley Wanderers 2;
02-03 Advance Couriers 6, Seaton United 0;
10-11 Scraptoft Garage 2007 6, Throops 0;

I hope Advance do not see this as a challenge!
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeMon 07 May 2012, 4:14 pm

Aussie Owl wrote:

I hope Huncote do though
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeMon 07 May 2012, 5:04 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
Aussie Owl wrote:

I hope Huncote do though

Sounds like a challenge to me Malc, think we can score 7 lol!
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeMon 07 May 2012, 5:05 pm

Dennis as we are talking Billy Walton records are we the first div 3 side to play in the final?
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeMon 07 May 2012, 5:22 pm

I am sure you are
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeMon 07 May 2012, 5:27 pm

Which lowest division team has ever won it?....division 3... Shocked
Back to top Go down
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeThu 17 May 2012, 10:17 am

good luck to chewy and the lads at huncote. Good honest graft may still not be enough but im sure thats the order of the day
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeFri 18 May 2012, 3:00 pm

bretty1 wrote:
good luck to chewy and the lads at huncote. Good honest graft may still not be enough but im sure thats the order of the day

Cheers Bretty
Back to top Go down
bullshead athletic

PostSubject: ..   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2012, 11:20 am

goodluck to huncote!!! expect a tough game against the mighty advance!! but im sure you guys are more than capable of upsetting the odds!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2012, 11:26 am

bullshead athletic wrote:
goodluck to huncote!!! expect a tough game against the mighty advance!! but im sure you guys are more than capable of upsetting the odds!!!!

Cheers believe!!
Back to top Go down
sean callaghan

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeWed 23 May 2012, 9:19 pm

mark jarvis in wigston are running the book on this game again get down there and invest your money its a great feeling to win of the bookie as me and tommo from star learnt last week.
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeThu 24 May 2012, 11:34 am

Come on Huncote, I still believe you boys have a genuine squeek, BELIEVE.

Take on plenty of fluids, its going to be tough conditions in this heat.
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeThu 24 May 2012, 11:36 am

sean callaghan wrote:
mark jarvis in wigston are running the book on this game again get down there and invest your money its a great feeling to win of the bookie as me and tommo from star learnt last week.

Let me know the winning scorecast for tonights game Sean, being as your on form.
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeThu 24 May 2012, 11:38 am

I'll find out Thomo's tip for tonight and let you know!!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeThu 24 May 2012, 1:32 pm

I think it will be a fascinating final, and I would love to be in charge of Huncote to see how they will approach the game and what tactics they use to try and beat Advance. Do they put 10 men behind the ball? Do they try and do them on the break? Do they string 5 across midfield? Having once steered the mighty Polska to a 3-2 win over Advance (the first ever and only win against them - and we did have Darren Wheeler up front!) I believe the best way to beat them is go toe to toe and stop them playing, don't sit back and defend, and don't drop off them and let them play because they have the quality to murder sides. You also need to have a bit of quality and in Wes Johnson and Adam Dyke Huncote certainly have that. I don't think anyone outside the Advance camp would be upset to see a Huncote win (except maybe Mark Jarvis!) because it really would be a fairy tale. But I have nagging doubts that Huncote have the form in the book to pull it off, the Throops v Scrappy Garage game last year keeps coming back to me. Huncote are doubtless a good side, and it's been a fairy tale route to the final, but I personally think realistically there might - just might - be too much of a gulf in class - even though they have scalped a few Premiership sides on the way to Holmes Park. Maybe the weather will make a difference? Maybe Advance will be a bit rusty? I would like to congratulate both sides and wish them all the best - I also think Huncote have done themselves and the league proud, and they have poked all the doubters in the eye - time and again you hear lower league clubs says the Billy Walton Cup is a trophy they have no chance of winning. Given Advance's track record around Holmes Park, I am going for a 3-1 win to the Couriers, but I would be delighted for Huncote should they pull off what would be the greatest shock in many seasons tonight. The weather is good, the football might be better, and the bar will be open. Hopefully people will flock to this one because it should be a great game and a great night.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeThu 24 May 2012, 1:36 pm

Can see Huncote playing 5 in midfield with Dykey having free role in supporting Wes. They are strong from set pieces and will have something up their sleeve to push this advantage home

They just have to keep the ball when they do get it, in these conditions energy is going to zap away fast
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeThu 24 May 2012, 3:11 pm

Great post mark.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeThu 24 May 2012, 3:25 pm

cheers Malc - you there tonight? maybe we can conclude our business that we neve got round to on Sunday Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeThu 24 May 2012, 4:20 pm

Yeah will be there, give me 16's and its a done deal.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeThu 24 May 2012, 4:32 pm

As 13s is the best price around, I'll meet you halfway on 14.5-1...
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeThu 24 May 2012, 6:37 pm

Huncote will play 4 3 3.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeThu 24 May 2012, 7:26 pm

1-0 advance 24 mins. Liam o'flynn
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeThu 24 May 2012, 7:41 pm

39 mins. Advance 3 huncote 1. O'flynn 2, kitching, wes johnson penalty
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Capello

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeThu 24 May 2012, 8:08 pm

Now 3-2 may aswell been a jake grieves og
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeThu 24 May 2012, 8:35 pm

4-2 advance
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitimeThu 24 May 2012, 9:29 pm

good game tonight, thought advance were going to walk it first half but fair play Huncote, came back into it. at 3-2 i think if Huncote had kept running at advance and played the ball through the middle on the deck they could have got the leveller, advance are just too good at dealing with crosses. well done Huncote, credit to themselves
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bill Walton Cup Final   Bill Walton Cup Final Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bill Walton Cup Final
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next