HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for Sunday 18 March

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
CalamityScouse

CalamityScouse

Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 5:23 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
.......but I maintain the Polish lads will not dive to try and obtain advantage or con a ref...........

Last response on this, as I am aware these things become very tedious, very quickly. I don’t wish one game to take over a thread.

I wasn’t suggesting for a minute this was a generalisation of all Polish players (I didn’t even mention his nationality) or a common occurrence by Polska, I just said that was one a few incidents I didn’t agree with as time elapsed. The nationality, race or creed of the offending players is of complete irrelevance to me.

Your memory of that game will surely be better than mine as I was sunning myself on a beach at the time (plus you probably have a little black book to remind you) and I am acutely aware that some players build up things to be something they are not. But they definitely have an unfavourable view of your decision making after that game. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying any of our players want to “knock you the f.ck” out, and I’m not saying they have a massive personal grudge against you, but they do have a perception that you are prepared to “cheat”. I haven’t been around Sunday football as long as some on this forum, but I bet that some of them can name clubs they hate playing because of “cheating” linesman. Whilst other clubs have no issues with said club.

I do appreciate though having had to run the line a lot more than I’d like recently (thanks Stroller), I know it’s a horrible job, and one that nobody really wants to do. It is also baffling when your own team turn on you. I have never been able to comprehend that. I do think referees should be taken a sterner stance on such abuse. I watched the Huncote v Saffron Wednesday night game earlier in the season. Tomoz Gogol was the referee and Nigel Marriot was on the line, when a Huncote player abused Nigel in full earshot of the watching crowd. The player was only given a yellow card initially which was the wrong decision by the laws of the game (even more bizarre by the fact the Ref was being assessed), it took another set of abuse for the player to be sent off. But I can’t help thinking that only happen as it was a “proper” linesman (yes I know the correct term is assistant referee – but it surely has to be classed as linesman Sunday morning since its ball in and out of play and offsides only). The respect campaign was brought in, in order to stamp out such events, but I can’t honestly say that I have seen this make any difference whatsoever.

Perhaps when you do get to Level 6 you can enforce this rule having been subjected to such abuse yourself!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 5:27 pm

Widds wrote:
And group hug

Who came up with hugs.....The very first hug must have really been creepy....

"What're you doing.....why are you holding me?
"Just....trust me on this one. "

sweetheart. I love you

Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 6:14 pm

CalamityScouse wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
.......but I maintain the Polish lads will not dive to try and obtain advantage or con a ref...........

Last response on this, as I am aware these things become very tedious, very quickly. I don’t wish one game to take over a thread.

I wasn’t suggesting for a minute this was a generalisation of all Polish players (I didn’t even mention his nationality) or a common occurrence by Polska, I just said that was one a few incidents I didn’t agree with as time elapsed. The nationality, race or creed of the offending players is of complete irrelevance to me.

Your memory of that game will surely be better than mine as I was sunning myself on a beach at the time (plus you probably have a little black book to remind you) and I am acutely aware that some players build up things to be something they are not. But they definitely have an unfavourable view of your decision making after that game. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying any of our players want to “knock you the f.ck” out, and I’m not saying they have a massive personal grudge against you, but they do have a perception that you are prepared to “cheat”. I haven’t been around Sunday football as long as some on this forum, but I bet that some of them can name clubs they hate playing because of “cheating” linesman. Whilst other clubs have no issues with said club.

I do appreciate though having had to run the line a lot more than I’d like recently (thanks Stroller), I know it’s a horrible job, and one that nobody really wants to do. It is also baffling when your own team turn on you. I have never been able to comprehend that. I do think referees should be taken a sterner stance on such abuse. I watched the Huncote v Saffron Wednesday night game earlier in the season. Tomoz Gogol was the referee and Nigel Marriot was on the line, when a Huncote player abused Nigel in full earshot of the watching crowd. The player was only given a yellow card initially which was the wrong decision by the laws of the game (even more bizarre by the fact the Ref was being assessed), it took another set of abuse for the player to be sent off. But I can’t help thinking that only happen as it was a “proper” linesman (yes I know the correct term is assistant referee – but it surely has to be classed as linesman Sunday morning since its ball in and out of play and offsides only). The respect campaign was brought in, in order to stamp out such events, but I can’t honestly say that I have seen this make any difference whatsoever.

Perhaps when you do get to Level 6 you can enforce this rule having been subjected to such abuse yourself!

Fair enough mark, as I say u have a very willing logic to your threads that are always delivered with common sense and without the hysteria of some on here which is why yours is always an opinion I take notice of. Case closed, I'm not a cheat but will try and remain a thick skinned person (some might wish to remove the word skinned) and let's move on.
Back to top Go down
Vintage 9

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 8:52 pm

I'd also like to place on record that I never called you a cheat, I merely said that I thought you got a decision wrong, if I thought you were a cheat, I wouldn't have shook your hand at the end of the game. The point I was trying to make was that YOU should encourage YOUR players to stop with the dramatics. I have no gripe against you personally. Just an opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justgiving.com/James-Jeyesrunning
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar 2012, 11:44 pm

fair enough so we're all happy then Laughing
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar 2012, 7:42 am

Just in time for next weeks fun and games! Wonder where the beef Will be next weekend
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar 2012, 10:22 am

Leave that to me, i can always have a good root round, i'm very good at unturning stones, and seeking out the life forms beneath.
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2012, 1:06 pm

g72 wrote:
Giggsisgod wrote:
Saff 4 reem team 3 AET
Reem flew out the blocks first half went 2-0 up, Saff were well off it, then got a pen on the stroke of half time, second half Saff made a couple of changes and were on top and managed to go 3-2 up!! Reem equalised with 10 left.
ET , very tight all 22 players giving it 100% Saff got the winner at start of second half in extra time and held on with Saff keeper making 3 top saves to prevent penalties
Reem team good bunch of lads was a well played match from both sides good luck to reem team in the other final!!

Caught the Reem equaliser and extra time of this, after watching 3/4 of the niffy - dukla match (great game from the dukla boys) reem equaliser was on the break which saw the keeper left with no chance on a 2 v 1 play, keeper saved the 1st shot but the other striker had time to put the rebound away to take it to extra time, heard from the side line that saff keeper gifted reems 1st 2 in the 1st half and looked edgy but he defo made up for it in the 2nd half of extra time after saff took a 4 - 3 lead against the run of play Reem just launched attack after attack and on another day would av run out 8 - 4 winners but 3 mad saves, 1st off his head from 2yards, 2nd an excellent full length save from a wicked curling shot and the 3rd a 1 on 1 save at the strikers feet, reem also missed a few other glorious chances to wrap it up but kept blazing high or wide, saff showed that spirit can win games as over half of them were dead on their feet but managed to see it out! I imagine reems front 2 will be having nightmares with the amount of chances they wasted, good luck to both teams for the rest of the season, Reem for the Div 3 title and county cup and saff in the foster final v Magna town

cant disagree with too much of that, reem started the game better and we gifted them a couple of goals but in the 2nd half we were much better and got a 3-2 lead, just before reem equalised we missed a great chance to go 4-2 up and once reem equalised i personally thought the game was over, we were lucky to hang in there in extra time and we were never going to score, rowley got sent up front and all he needed was 1 ball, he got it and the finish was absolutely sublime in my opinion, how we held on for those last 10 minutes i will never know but we did and i suppose that is all that matters
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 18 March   Banter for Sunday 18 March - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for Sunday 18 March
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3