HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

question / opinion for all

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

question / opinion for all Empty
PostSubject: question / opinion for all   question / opinion for all Icon_minitimeThu 08 Mar 2012, 8:32 pm

right i have mention something which alliance and the FA are puzzled about, for a semi /final each player must qualify by playing minumum 4games .
well lets say ii have played 2
and sunday have a qfinal with semi following game which therfore i will not be alegible.
but could u play for reserves for 45 mins come off and on next pitch the first team are playing u then come on last 10 for first team .
does that count for 2 games ?
the fa have said there is noo rule as off yet so speaken, a player could do that weather it class for 1 game who knows but has anyone ever done it or heard ??
Back to top Go down
Dodgy

Dodgy

PostSubject: Re: question / opinion for all   question / opinion for all Icon_minitimeThu 08 Mar 2012, 9:44 pm

Sure someone at Niffy must of done that over the years they've had a res team for ages,

My point would be if you've only played twice all year why suddenly do you need to be in the squad for a semi final, why not let the lads that got you there have their night?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: question / opinion for all   question / opinion for all Icon_minitimeThu 08 Mar 2012, 10:02 pm

Good point altho going back to koskins original question, I would hazard a guess that your first team / reserves scenario would count as 2 games, after all u have faced 2 different sets of opposition
Back to top Go down
Spectater

Spectater

PostSubject: Re: question / opinion for all   question / opinion for all Icon_minitimeThu 08 Mar 2012, 10:12 pm

I could be wrong but I think different dates has something to do with it!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: question / opinion for all   question / opinion for all Icon_minitimeThu 08 Mar 2012, 11:16 pm

I think you prob have to look at the moral side of it...are you doing it coz you are short of players or doing it coz you can get someone in who can make a difference??
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: question / opinion for all   question / opinion for all Icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 6:26 am

The latter maybe?
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: question / opinion for all   question / opinion for all Icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 10:44 am

I asked for the matter to be referred to the FA and received a response.

'As the rule is written, there is no FA regulation to stop the player(s) playing in both fixtures.

They should be named on both sheets prior to both games of course'

We do not require team sheets prior to a game, so he would need to be a named substitute in one of the fixtures if he started in the other fixture, or a named substitute in both fixtures, assuming he then played a part in both fixtures - with the name appearing on both Player/Result forms submitted.

So, by appearing for two teams of the same club on the same day, that would be classed as two appearances.

The Alliance League Cup rules mirrors a County Competition rule, albeit with a different number of games, so presumably the same situation would apply for a County Competition semi final and final.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: question / opinion for all   question / opinion for all Icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 10:47 am

seems logical to me
Back to top Go down
sgoodman

PostSubject: Re: question / opinion for all   question / opinion for all Icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 11:30 am

Personally, I don't think this should be allowed. It is obviously only being done to gain an advantage by getting certain player/s involved that would not be eligible otherwise. It is also unfair on those clubs that run with just a single team, as if they are in the same situation then the player would simply have to miss out!
My solution to this problem would be that the 4 or 6 appearances(dependant on semi/final) would have to be for the team involved in the competition and not club appearances. This ensures a level playing field and that the rules are fair for all clubs involved in cup competitions.

Last edited by sgoodman on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 12:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: question / opinion for all   question / opinion for all Icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 11:58 am

this was just a question ?
we hoskins will not be doing this ii mentioned this to alliance which they couldnt answer and was therefore asked by the FA .
we do have 2 players on 2 games but these are not to be worried about we have 40 players to pick from anyway as ressis are out billy walton but still can play for 1st .
but the 1st manager is stiicking with the lads anyway!
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: question / opinion for all   question / opinion for all Icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 12:41 pm

sgoodman wrote:
Personally, I don't think this should be allowed. It is obviously only being done to gain an advantage by getting certain player/s involved that would not be eligible otherwise. It is also unfair on those clubs that run with just a single team, as if they are in the same situation then the player would simply have to miss out!
My solution to this problem would be that the 4 or 6 appearances(dependant on semi/final) would have to be for the team involved in the competition and not club appearances. This ensures a level playing field and that the rules are fair for all clubs involved in cup competitions.

You raise a valid comment.

The current rule also allows for a registered player of the club to be promoted from a lower rated team - as well as ensuring teams do not merely bring players in for Cup Semi Finals and Finals.

Now we are aware of the potential loophole in the rule, based on the FA interpretation, we can consider modifications for future seasons. Obviously only a small number of Alliance teams would be affected and this aspect of the current rule has not been tested previously.

With my County FA hat on, a similar amendment can also be considered for future County Competitions.
Back to top Go down
sgoodman

PostSubject: Re: question / opinion for all   question / opinion for all Icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 1:13 pm

I understand the intention of the rule Gordon but some clubs will always exploit any potential loopholes. In my opinion if a player is good enough to progress through the teams at a club, then by the time semi-finals & finals arrive (end of feb onwards), they will have already played the required number of games for that particular team.
What do other people think?
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: question / opinion for all   question / opinion for all Icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 1:52 pm

these 4 games for semi finals and 6games for cup finals does this have to be 6 games for the 1st team or just 6 games in total . so if a player has played 16 games for ressis he can play in 1st team cup final
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: question / opinion for all   question / opinion for all Icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 3:02 pm

fc hoskins wrote:
right i have mention something which alliance and the FA are puzzled about, for a semi /final each player must qualify by playing minumum 4games .
and sunday have a qfinal with semi following game which therfore i will not be alegible.
but could u play for reserves for 45 mins come off and on next pitch the first team are playing u then come on last 10 for first team .
the fa have said there is noo rule as off yet so speaken, a player could do that weather it class for 1 game who knows but has anyone ever done it or heard ??

i thought saff lounge were at home, so how can the reserves be on the next pitch
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: question / opinion for all   question / opinion for all Icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 3:16 pm

The Cup Rules currently state

5. No player may play for more than one club within the same Competition in each season. A player may not play in this Competition having already played for a more senior team in his club.

7. All players are to be registered in accordance with League Rule 8. In the semi-final and final, all players must have played in at least 4 and 6 games respectively, arranged by the League, for the club concerned.

Rule 5 means that a player can play up - be promoted to a more senior team of the club - but cannot play for a lower rated team of the club in the competition.

So yes, 16 games for the Reserves would still entitle him to play in a Cup Final for the first team - assuming he was not cup tied with another club.

Rule 7 states that a player must have played in 6 games arranged by the League for the club - that is either team, to be eligible for a cup final.

There are other rules which affect Reserve teams relating to the use of players who have made a certain number of apprearances for a more senior team - but that is one for when a reserve or A team reaches a semi final or final.

There is also a dispensation rule in respect of goalkeepers

Any doubts or questions on player eligibility - just refer them to me, Dennis or Morley
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: question / opinion for all   question / opinion for all Icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 3:17 pm

rocket ledge wrote:
fc hoskins wrote:

i thought saff lounge were at home, so how can the reserves be on the next pitch

They are not on the next pitch - a journey across the City would be required
Back to top Go down
Giggsisgod

PostSubject: Re: question / opinion for all   question / opinion for all Icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 5:28 pm

Great point raised by joskins apptly answered by Gordon
Some clubs with a reserves run as two separate clubs so surely it should be 4 games for one club ie , 4 games for reserves and 4 games for 1st team???
In my opinion this should be the case
And great shout from dodgy about using the lads who got you there?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: question / opinion for all   question / opinion for all Icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 8:12 pm

2 teams are always classed as one club
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: question / opinion for all   question / opinion for all Icon_minitimeSat 10 Mar 2012, 9:04 pm

rocket ledge wrote:
fc hoskins wrote:

it was just a comment m8 and ive found the answer it can be done
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: question / opinion for all   question / opinion for all Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2012, 6:16 pm

That's quite an impressive loop hole hoskins!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: question / opinion for all   question / opinion for all Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2012, 6:47 pm

its the biggest and most impressive loopholes in the history of loopholes, well done and fair play. it beats the previous best which was the wording on paragraph 3 sub section (ii) on the 1924 sunday league draft rules and regulations
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question / opinion for all   question / opinion for all Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

question / opinion for all
Page 1 of 1