HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

A word for Steve Hill

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CSKA Carnabys

CSKA Carnabys

A word for Steve Hill Empty
PostSubject: A word for Steve Hill   A word for Steve Hill Icon_minitimeSun 04 Mar 2012, 2:58 pm

Think anyone who was at the St Marks v CSKA semi final today will join me in wishing Steve Hill all the best.
We get a lot of discussions on this forum about bad refereeing and what have ya. But here was a man, in his late 60s (apologies if I've got that wrong Steve), who turned out this morning for linesman duties in the freezing cold, driving wind, icy rain for a couple of quid to do something to help us all out simply for his love of the game.

Unfortunately after 60 minutes, Steve took ill and had to be sent off in an ambulance. As myself and referee Andy Parker helped him off the pitch, Steve struggled to speak as he was hypothermic, but anything he did say was in the form of apologies for letting people down (?!).

I think you'll all agree that we are lucky to have such dedicated men like Steve in the Alliance League, and we wish him all the best.
Back to top Go down
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: A word for Steve Hill   A word for Steve Hill Icon_minitimeSun 04 Mar 2012, 3:00 pm

Get well soon Steve, top bloke,....best wishes from all at Throops,..
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: A word for Steve Hill   A word for Steve Hill Icon_minitimeSun 04 Mar 2012, 3:06 pm

Steve's name will be put forward as an Alliance Vice-President at the AGM - an honour which I am sure will be well supported.

Best of luck Steve for a speedy recovery.

The Biggest and the Best
Back to top Go down
Sneijder10

Sneijder10

PostSubject: Re: A word for Steve Hill   A word for Steve Hill Icon_minitimeSun 04 Mar 2012, 3:11 pm

Hope Steve gets well soon. Very good referee and a top bloke! From everyone at Azul Zorros FC
Back to top Go down
Cobbo

PostSubject: Re: A word for Steve Hill   A word for Steve Hill Icon_minitimeSun 04 Mar 2012, 3:23 pm

Sad to read this. The man is a legend.

I and the rest of Fosse City hope he makes a speedy recovery and hope we will see him refereeing again soon.
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: A word for Steve Hill   A word for Steve Hill Icon_minitimeSun 04 Mar 2012, 3:28 pm

All at huncote wish Steve the best.

A true gent and a man that loves his football and the alliance league

Get well soon Steve

Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: A word for Steve Hill   A word for Steve Hill Icon_minitimeSun 04 Mar 2012, 4:02 pm

Just to echo the above. All the best from the NRI
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: A word for Steve Hill   A word for Steve Hill Icon_minitimeSun 04 Mar 2012, 4:09 pm

And again....all the best from everyone at Sparta Moshdock.
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: A word for Steve Hill   A word for Steve Hill Icon_minitimeSun 04 Mar 2012, 4:14 pm

And again from everyone at Superfly
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
browny15lfc

PostSubject: Re: A word for Steve Hill   A word for Steve Hill Icon_minitimeSun 04 Mar 2012, 4:14 pm

Update...

The paramedic was still at Kilworth when we left at about 2 and Steve had warmed up sufficiently to not need a hospital visit.

He said he wasn't going to drive home but I think this was more to do with the way he was supping tea with whisky in it..

He was also stripped and dressed by 2 of the female bar staff at Kilworth and one of the women supporters, who all sat cuddling him for 2 hours.

All in all, he was well looked after by everyone, including both sets of players.

Hope you are home and alright Steve
Back to top Go down
CSKA Carnabys

CSKA Carnabys

PostSubject: Re: A word for Steve Hill   A word for Steve Hill Icon_minitimeSun 04 Mar 2012, 4:24 pm

Glad to hear Browny.
We just heard he had gone to hospital.
Top effort by you and everyone associated with North Kilworth FC today.
Back to top Go down
browny15lfc

PostSubject: Re: A word for Steve Hill   A word for Steve Hill Icon_minitimeSun 04 Mar 2012, 4:32 pm

Unlucky today.

Was close but you fell apart in the last 3 min.

I nearly joined Steve after collecting the flags in, post match.... Felt colder today than any of the frozen winter days we recently had. The sideways wind and rain were shocking
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: A word for Steve Hill   A word for Steve Hill Icon_minitimeSun 04 Mar 2012, 7:25 pm

you just wanted a hug Browny
Back to top Go down
browny15lfc

PostSubject: Re: A word for Steve Hill   A word for Steve Hill Icon_minitimeSun 04 Mar 2012, 8:29 pm

I did keep saying how I felt cold but Steve wasn't letting his hareem away. He did look miffed when they had to leave him for a minute or so, and made a bloke sit with him. I thought I was going to witness a miracle recovery and him drive home..
True credit though as he told the ref to carry on and kept apologising.... No need as he didnt let anyone down
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: A word for Steve Hill   A word for Steve Hill Icon_minitimeSun 04 Mar 2012, 9:04 pm

yep, top bloke and always one of those refs who you are pleased to see appointed to your game
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: A word for Steve Hill   A word for Steve Hill Icon_minitimeSun 04 Mar 2012, 9:52 pm

A true legend and gentleman,always a pleasure to see Steve and do a game with him.
Back to top Go down
the goalie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
the goalie

PostSubject: Re: A word for Steve Hill   A word for Steve Hill Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 8:12 am

well done yesterday steve a real trooper from everybody at st marks fc
hope you feel better today and return to refing quickly
Back to top Go down
PEEWEE

PEEWEE

PostSubject: Re: A word for Steve Hill   A word for Steve Hill Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 9:38 am

Had steve ref me a couple of times over the past 3 years, top bloke, a true gent and a credit to the alliance league, such a shame to hear about yesterdays events, hope he gets well soon and look forward to seeing him on the pitch again soon, as regard what gordon has stated above steve would get my vote.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: A word for Steve Hill   A word for Steve Hill Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 11:32 am

Latest..............

Heard from Steve's wife this morning, who has been out of action for 6 months with severe fractures to her hip and has been in hospital.

Steve slept yesterday and will be taking 2 or 3 weeks off sick from work and refereeing.

He appreciates the good wishes. His email address is ruthstephenhill@btinternet.com

The Biggest and the Best
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

PostSubject: Re: A word for Steve Hill   A word for Steve Hill Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 4:59 pm

Good to hear he is on the mend, best wishes to him from all at The Gate Hangs Well
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: A word for Steve Hill   A word for Steve Hill Icon_minitimeMon 05 Mar 2012, 6:58 pm

I have now received another call from Ruth, Steve's wife.

Steve is overwhelmed with (and embarrassed by) the good wishes which he has received from everyone associated with the Alliance League. He is extremely grateful and is now looking forward to getting back to refereeing in a few weeks time.

The Biggest and the Best
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: A word for Steve Hill   A word for Steve Hill Icon_minitimeTue 06 Mar 2012, 6:55 pm

ruth now there is a refs wife if ever I met one,,thought mine was good but Ruth used to take all messages and knew exactly where he was playing that weekend, and would help if anyone rang and I have seen her at a match with a packet of fags and flask in her hand at halftime, lovely pair and Steve has been packing it in every year since I can remember,,,,see you on teh pitches later this year and next season Steve,,,,
Back to top Go down
norty14

norty14

PostSubject: Re: A word for Steve Hill   A word for Steve Hill Icon_minitimeTue 06 Mar 2012, 9:22 pm

a big get well soon from all at qpr
top bloke and we all wish him a speedy recovery
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: A word for Steve Hill   A word for Steve Hill Icon_minitimeWed 07 Mar 2012, 5:25 pm

i dont think saff lounge have had the pleasure of him reffing us but he sounds good, i and the rest of saff lounge hope he gets well soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A word for Steve Hill   A word for Steve Hill Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A word for Steve Hill
Page 1 of 1