HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ramley_LBFC

Ramley_LBFC

Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Empty
PostSubject: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 4:35 pm

Just having a look at the Division 6 table following todays round of matches. The league is incredibly tight:

[img]Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Untitl10[/img]

NPE have it pretty much sewn up and Hotshots are closing in on promotion (unless they self destruct - fingers crossed Razz)

But then following their defeats by the mighty Bowden, both Royal Oak and Pollards have slipped away and it has really dragged everyone from 3rd to 8th within real touching distance of the top 3. Us at Bowden for example are only another win way from possibly being 3rd and then theres Pollards for example who if they hit a rough patch could be 8th in a game or so's time. I dont think Firs OB or Friar Lane have time to pull themselves away from relegation but if third place does become a promotion spot (if the leagues are reconstituted for example) then it really should make everyone from 3rd to 8th really keen to keep picking up those points.

Obviously games in hand will probably make it alot more spaced out but the old saying is you'd rather have the points on the board than games in hand I suppose as winds are not foregone conclusions...
Back to top Go down
http://littlebowden.webs.com/
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 8:01 pm

Totally agree mate but it's so hard to tell with the games in hand! Our points deduction has really done our head in as has silly losses to Firs and Friar Lane - we could be 8 points better off, but I suppose there's no point dwelling on past mistakes, we simply have to learn from them. At the beginning of the season, our target was to finish finish mid-table and so anything above 5th for us will be an over-achievement. We still have Hotshots and Royal Oak to play at 'Fortress Vicky Park' lol as well as yourselves and Pollards home and away (which I don't think could have come at a better time).

It's a crazy league thats for sure! Very hard to predict except I think first will be NPE, Hotshots 2nd, then Hat and Beaver 8th, Firs 9th and Friar Lane 10th.
Back to top Go down
Ramley_LBFC

Ramley_LBFC

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 8:07 pm

Same with us to be honest as well. Points dropped that we shouldn't have against Firs OB and against Wheel when our self destruct button got hit. We also let a good two goal lead against you boys slip but like you said no sense dwelling and that's football for you. After being near the foot of the table for the most part we will be very happy with 4th through 7th to be honest and then hopefully we can kick on and push for top two next year. I can't see why we couldn't do that. We are capable. Having said that with more consistency all of the teams in Div 6 could be right up there.
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 8:20 pm

Ramley_LBFC wrote:
Same with us to be honest as well. Points dropped that we shouldn't have against Firs OB and against Wheel when our self destruct button got hit. We also let a good two goal lead against you boys slip but like you said no sense dwelling and that's football for you. After being near the foot of the table for the most part we will be very happy with 4th through 7th to be honest and then hopefully we can kick on and push for top two next year. I can't see why we couldn't do that. We are capable. Having said that with more consistency all of the teams in Div 6 could be right up there.
Absolutely. I was shocked to say the least when we played you. You played very well at our place, you were hard working, organised and very solid as a unit - very surprised to see you were you were at the time but we were playing poorly that day, but that shouldn't take anything away from your performance. I think like with any league, theres always one or two teams that puts a late run together and bursts up the table and fingers crossed that will be us! Consistency has been our biggest problem, especially as this is our first season and we're lacking in experience with all of our players under 22!
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 8:58 pm

getting the same players down week in week out has been our problem. we have a good core group with the rest turning up as and when they feel half fit on a sunday morning. Todays team versus the wheel was quite close to what i would call our first choice XI and now with a striker finally in the ranks we hope to push as far up the table as possible.
Have been surprised how well the division has been put together with everyone capable of beating everyone else ( apart from maybe NPE)
Back to top Go down
Ramley_LBFC

Ramley_LBFC

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 9:03 pm

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
getting the same players down week in week out has been our problem. we have a good core group with the rest turning up as and when they feel half fit on a sunday morning. Todays team versus the wheel was quite close to what i would call our first choice XI and now with a striker finally in the ranks we hope to push as far up the table as possible.
Have been surprised how well the division has been put together with everyone capable of beating everyone else ( apart from maybe NPE)

We have had a set core of the same players for the majority of the season and so we have been quite lucky. The only game we have really struggled was when we played the Eagles at their place and only had a bare 11. Strength in depth is definitely key in this league too.
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 9:17 pm

Ramley_LBFC wrote:
Hairy Hebrew! wrote:

We have had a set core of the same players for the majority of the season and so we have been quite lucky. The only game we have really struggled was when we played the Eagles at their place and only had a bare 11. Strength in depth is definitely key in this league too.

ahhhh very lucky there mate. We have almost 30 players signed on and still struggle on a sunday morning. We've had a lot of injuries in the past few weeks too, including a broken leg & torn cruciates so have been bare bones lately. Was nice getting close to a full team today finally. Maybe the warmer weather helped :/

Back to top Go down
Ramley_LBFC

Ramley_LBFC

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 9:23 pm

Yeah I think we have close to 25 players signed on but once the winter kicks in and some players get benched for more games than they like they stop turning up and you are left with the committed bunch of 15 ish players on a good day. But thats Sunday footy for you! Wink
Back to top Go down
timmy mallet
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
timmy mallet

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 10:01 pm

3 games left 3 must wins! promotion ours to throw away! If we play like we did today we should have enough to do it! outside chance we could still take the league but I can't see it! Then again npe haven't had to react to a defeat yet so you never know!

Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 10:53 pm

Give the league some credit I think guys for getting this division spot on. A very competitive division
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 11:00 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Give the league some credit I think guys for getting this division spot on. A very competitive division
Without a doubt! Did our sec send in the result today?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeSun 26 Feb 2012, 11:16 pm

Ha ha yes bang on time!
Back to top Go down
Ramley_LBFC

Ramley_LBFC

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 12:13 am

Polska legend II wrote:

Absolutely! Bar one team maybe Wink
Back to top Go down
Rwhite08

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 12:51 am

I think the league have got it bang on with this division. You can't tell how some teams are going to do but they seemed to get it about right. Even us at NPE feel we were in right league as I believe it's the same league the team were in last year and dint make promotion. Should be an interesting last few weeks. Hoping we can bounce back from today's defeat I no there will be a few of us back and itching to get a start.
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 1:38 am

I can't wait to reignite the rivalry Razz
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 9:56 am

it has been pretty tight this season, i think NPE have the title in the bag, second is ours to lose, the rest is whoever wants it most. Big thanks to Bowden for doing us 2 massive favours over the past 2 games Smile

Friar lane were maybe a little too weak for the division, Firs have held their own in a few games pretty well confirming they can handle life in this division.

excluding ourselves, npe and friar lane it has been a great contest in the league, every team has its good and bad points but that is what has made it so close.

we were a little annoyed with ourselves as a team before xmas, poor turnouts for a month cost us challenging for the title and 3 docked point's but we sent a message out yesterday, with a commanding performance resulting in NPE's first defeat of the season.

From what i have seen there doesn't appear to be a great deal in it between div 4-7 so it will be interesting to see who finishes where!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 10:14 am

dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:
I can't wait to reignite the rivalry Razz

Straight in to division 5 for teams so full of confidence Dennis............. Idea
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeMon 27 Feb 2012, 12:39 pm

as has been pointed out let's not forget NPE strengthened their team from last year which is what all clubs surely aim to achieve so they were not in the wrong division
Back to top Go down
WILKSY

WILKSY

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 9:43 am

Yea obviously every1 wants there team to improve and we have pulled together and done that this year! Would of been nice to win the league undefeated but hotshots/pollards were always gonna make it tough. Just glad other results made losing this week not too bad! On another note I think the league should have stricter penalties to not turning upto a game (hotshots turned up with only 7 players first time round for this fixture and got docked 1 point) we could of done exactly the same this time while we were missing so many key players and took a point deduction! This is not a dig at hotshots just stating the obvious that if ur missing lots of players for big games, ur probably best taking a point deduction and replaying the game at a later date!
Back to top Go down
Ramley_LBFC

Ramley_LBFC

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 10:15 am

But penalties like that are what makes the smaller teams struggling at the bottom fold. Which the league and of course all the other teams don't want. Don't think that's the best route to go down?
Back to top Go down
WILKSY

WILKSY

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 11:21 am

Maybe ur right, just pointing out that it's an option to only lose 1 point instead of losing out on all 3! Just stating that it may of crossed my mind Sunday due to lots of key players missing!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 11:50 am

If a team breaks a second fixtutre, the penalty is doubled, so anyone doing it a second time would lose a further 2 points. And understand Wilky's point but don't forget just taking the 1 point deduction isn't the end of it - the club would get a hefty fine also. Better to play a game with an under strength side and not lose any money?
Back to top Go down
SamEvans

SamEvans

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 12:57 pm

I got to feel for WILKSY on that one because had we played that day with the few that turned up, we would have lost, and probably heavily. However, we called it off at the 11th hour and so in theory, Sunday's win was only worth 2 points. That being said it was nice to price to the league we are capable of beating anyone in the league.

NPE have been the best team in this division this season because they have shown the best overall form and consistency, and will (unfortunately for us) walk away deserved champions. Bowden's form as of late has been brilliant and they could easily finish third, and I hope they do! They're a good bunch that I get on well with. White Eagles have shown a lot of promise and will be a huge force next season I think. Although they may struggle without their goal scoring centre half... Wink

But all in all it has been a very competitive league this season and everyone is capable of beating anyone. Jut a shame about our results against the Oak. But I'm taking nothing away from them, they deserved both wins and fair play to them!

Last edited by SamEvans on Tue 28 Feb 2012, 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ramley_LBFC

Ramley_LBFC

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 1:00 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
If a team breaks a second fixtutre, the penalty is doubled, so anyone doing it a second time would lose a further 2 points. And understand Wilky's point but don't forget just taking the 1 point deduction isn't the end of it - the club would get a hefty fine also. Better to play a game with an under strength side and not lose any money?

Agreed. Plus we are all in the league to play football not to ditch games. I don't think any of us have ever turned up hoping not to play for any reason.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 1:06 pm

yuo've never had back to back fixtures against Advance and Scrappy Garage! Laughing
Back to top Go down
whiteeagles
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
whiteeagles

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 6:24 pm

SamEvans wrote:
White Eagles have shown a lot of promise and will be a huge force next season I think. Although they may struggle without their goal scoring centre half... Wink

Haha thanks mate, the inconsistency has killed us! If you consider our 2 point deduction and losses to Firs and Friar Lane - two games most would have had us down to win, we could be 8 points better off! We have also strengthened as the season has gone on and could lose 2/3 players next year due to uni but they could still end up staying local! If Ricey does disappear to uni it will be a major loss! Sad
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb 2012, 10:11 am

I understand your frustration Wilksy, was very frustrated myself that morning, having to get up early, pick 4 lads up, drive the best part of 40 miles round trip, drop everyone off for nothing - and get fined for the pleasure! Guess that sort of thing is always going to happen in Sunday morning football though. Since then we have pushed for better communication in the week leading up to a game so we know where we stand a bit earlier.
Back to top Go down
WILKSY

WILKSY

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb 2012, 12:29 pm

I know it's hard, wasn't having a dig at u guys! To be fair it was always going to be a tough game even if we had every one fit! Was just pointing out its always an easy option for teams to do it if there better players are unavailable! Didn't realise that the punishment got worse for a 2nd time! Anyhow u guys have 3 tough games remaining, good luck and hopefully we'll both be out of div6 this time round! Having only 4 teams from last years div6 made it hard to predict with more new teams and a few from other div kept us on our toes! Think div 6 will be the same next year with maybe a few more new teams and a few which have done well in div 7, will be glad to get out of it before it gets even harder
Back to top Go down
hotshot66
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
hotshot66

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb 2012, 1:00 pm

yeah, it obviously wasnt all part of a sneaky plan or we would have all stayed in bed Smile

am hoping we will be OK, it's ours to lose really and i agree it is going to be a tougher league to get out of next season. Hopefully we can continue our good run of form to the end of the season and get the job done. i think the chasing teams will be feeling the pressure more than us as we already have the points on the board and they cant afford any dropped points, if we win our games it makes no odds anyway. hopefully see you next season!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!   Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Division 6 - One of the tightest in the Alliance!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Banter :: Banter - Alliance Football-
Jump to: