Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for Sunday 26 February

Go down 
+41
rocket ledge
Fishandchips
Reem Team FC
BigTimeCharlie
Sparta3
Pete Mourinho
Biblotelli
maisto8
Vimto
mmm_boogie
Capello
Paulo
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Polska legend II
Hairy Hebrew!
tysmith c.n.f.c
saffplayer
whiteeagles
RM05
News of the World
Duane
Hellboy
S&G Gaffer
Skeems
the goalie
Bucko
ShaNiO
Fieldy
LoneRanger38
Dodgy
Blackie
Jwithers
mowmacre fc
mthompson08
Sneijder10
dezza
Widds
L.K.F.C
Joey Barton
Number1
Gordon
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 9:12 am

Taken my time I know but this was Sunday......

Huncote 1-1 Webbys AET
Huncote won 4-3 on pens

First of all it was a poor game, lots of effort but not much quality, both teams have played much better. First half was very nervous from us, and Webbys were the better side (although they didn't play well either). Second half we started better and an outstanding strike from Adam Dyke put us in the lead, hit the post 3 times and should have killed them off. Conceded midway through the second half and then got nervous again and both teams cancelled each other out till the ref blew the whistle for pens.

Webbys took the first one and a great save from Phil Warner, Jamie Newcombe missed our first pen by hitting the base of the post (apparently he was trying to save himself the embarrassment of MOTM). Webby's second was also saved by Phil and then both teams scored all the pens and we came out on top.

Can't fault the effort of my boys, 100% outstanding. For a division three side to reach the Billy Walton Semi is some achievement. We have had a great run knocking out 2 prem sides and now a good div 2 side.

A great crowd, lots of great banter. Good to see so many down the boozer after.

Good luck and best wishes for the rest of the season to Mary, Geoff, Oily and all the boys at Webbys

Whoever we get in the Semi is going to be hard, but we are going to enjoy ourselves and suggest you all come down and support the underdog!! We will give you one hell of an effort and some boozing to appreciate if nothing else Very Happy

Bring it on!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 10:10 am

CPR 4 - 1 LDA

We battered them for the first 20 mins but only scored the one goal - Joe Wiltshire brilliantly heading in from a corner. The game then opened up a bit but we still had the majority of the play, and chances. The CPR keeper (best in the division IMO) doing very well to keep Stu Pratt from scoring twice in one-on-one situations.

The CPR equaliser came on the break, their winger chasing down a long ball and just keeping it in, then cutting back across goal for the big centre mid to drill his effort in to the far corner.

So instead of going in a few goals to the good we ended up level at half time. The first 10 mins of the second half was a complete collapse from us. First, a mix up between keeper and defender leading to a tap in for the CPR forward. Then a nicely taken freekick to put them two clear, followed up shortly by a seemingly simple cross finding its way in to the net from the left wing.

After that we created one or two chances but again the CPR keeper stopped everything we threw at him.

Fair play to CPR they stuck to their task and took full advantage of our mistakes.

Last edited by Sparta3 on Tue 28 Feb 2012, 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 10:39 am

Widds wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
I'm not sure anyone leaving advance would exactly be leaving them in the lurch!

Me leaving advance would be leaving them in the lurch.....

I see the blue-eyed boys are getting support from the committee again.... Wink

Does SG stand for......scraptoft garage under a new name????

I wonder where some of their pothunters went to.
Back to top Go down
mmm_boogie

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 10:45 am

Hellboy wrote:
Clown????who me????....how very rude....theres quite a few of the old advance players, EDL players which are getting paid to play because they're so good, maisto8, cooper, linnet, mee, hawker, and you are one of those that swap and change teams, leaving teams like trinderbox struggling. Hope this jogs your memory, you need to check out your team mates a bit more, my little pothunting friend.

You really are a strange bloke. How is moving up 2 division pothunting. I have done nothing but move up leagues for the last 3 seasons?!?! also, in what way did i leave trinderbox struggling? I played more games than ANY OTHER player at that club last year, and finished my season with them before deciding to try and better my self and move to a higher division. You make no sense lad. Trinderbox are fine, they are still running, the same as any other club I have played for. All the players you have listed are good mates and yes they play at a reasonable level on a saturday, and are now playing at a reasonable level on a sunday. Dont think any of us are playing for any other reason than to enjoy our football and yes, to try and compete and win things. This will not change when we go up next year, we will still all be playing and will still want to compete and win things. I dont think you will be happy until every team in a league is a mid-table side and know-one is having any success. I worry for you hellboy, what are you really doing with your life apart from hating on here on a day-to-day basis? I dont log in very often, and every time I do, you are churping away and critisising the teams who do well in these leagues. I really dont see what your problem is....so with all this in mind, i stand by my previous comment. Clown. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 10:55 am

Trinderbox( struggling after being let down by all the mates leaving at the same time) >

kauto stars ( same reasons as above)

> resigned
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 11:55 am

Hellboy wrote:
Widds wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
I'm not sure anyone leaving advance would exactly be leaving them in the lurch!

Me leaving advance would be leaving them in the lurch.....

I see the blue-eyed boys are getting support from the committee again.... Wink

Does SG stand for......scraptoft garage under a new name????

I wonder where some of their pothunters went to.

Now that one you have missed a trick with Hellboy. As Scraptoft Garage folded shortly after winning the Prem title, their players were entitled to look for a new club, and as they all had Prem winners medals they had no choice but to find a 'lower club'! Inaccurate to call them Pot Hunters !
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 12:08 pm

perhaps they folded because the players left to go to advance, its only a perhaps, unless someone else can enlighten us, and not having other people answer for them, who have nothing to do with the club.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 12:25 pm

no, they folded because quite simply they did not have anyone who wanted to manage the club and pick the team!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 12:33 pm

Thats probably what you're led to believe, but i thought it was something for else regarding a unsuitable comments towards an official. Fair enough i didnt realise you were part of the squad, thats cleared things up then.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 12:35 pm

don't have to be part of the squad to speak to someone that once was. does success upset you hellboy? at what point would a winning team / squad be acceptable to you? what criteria would they have to have?
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 1:18 pm

Sounds like Hellboy needs a cuddle, very stroppy recently!
Back to top Go down
BigTimeCharlie

BigTimeCharlie

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 1:21 pm

I think I have worked out who Hellboy is...

... THe kid who always got picked last at school
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 2:30 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
don't have to be part of the squad to speak to someone that once was. does success upset you hellboy? at what point would a winning team / squad be acceptable to you? what criteria would they have to have?

Oh so like me then, i also speak to people that were once in teams, i only reflect on here what people tell me, i dont actually speak for them, unlike some people who seem to think they have the correct opinion all the time, ( even though they dont play for these teams) as i have said before, people talk to me, and i reflect this by putting those opinions on here for the team members themselves to see and comment on themselves, i cant see how someone who isnt in their dressing room or goes down the pub with their team, can have such a solid view of what goes on behind the scenes, and with so many teams? unless you are telepathic or something.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 2:44 pm

Sparta3 wrote:
Sounds like Hellboy needs a cuddle, very stroppy recently!

well at least its got people talking, good or bad all having opinions which is ok by me, i really dont care its only banter but if they want to get carried away by it they can, i really dont give a hoot..........

Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 19_6_orig

caught a few of these anyway....

BTcharzzzzzzzzz u2.......if you didnt pick on me, you'd only find someone else to hit with your rattle....
Back to top Go down
Reem Team FC

Reem Team FC

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 3:23 pm

Yeh it's ok saying it's all banter Hellboy but I've found out for myself this year the difficulties of getting a team together week in week out, never mind all of the other things that need sorting (finances, pitches, paperwork, team liaison, ref liaison etc etc) all for some keyboard warrior to undermine all the efforts of the players and back room helpers by making out they're doing a hardship to the rest of the Alliance League- by achieving!

I think you'll find the vast majority of the Alliance League appreciate efforts that are made by clubs when they get an opportunity to achieve- evidently by the support and well wishes we as a club have received for getting to the County Cup final this year.

You're the only plonker who seems to throw these pothunter accusations around and its damaging to club reputations as well as taking the shine off these clubs successes.

S&G were successful last year so they were moved up in the divisions, they are looking like they will be again this year- so they will be again... end of. Don't cry about it.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 3:49 pm

So, how would you feel after all this hard work and difficulties, (honestly)as you have put it, if some of your best team players decided next month to move on with 4/5 of their mates and left your team, what would your opinion be then? im sure you'd be a bit gutted, i was with my team for 14 years through thick and thin, most of the others that started the team were too, i just like to see some longevity and commitment, but all i see just lately is teams swapping and changing the same players. also what is wrong with someone staying with the team that they were happy to sign up with all their mates, people always use the same excuse that they want to be with their mates, but they were all signed up together in the first place, surely if you are all together then, why the need to keep moving. I dont understand.
Back to top Go down
S&G Gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 4:05 pm

Hellboy regardless of what we say about our squads you will always have your pothunter theory's! And out of curiousity what was your team for 14 years?
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 4:42 pm

We have played Reem Team 3 times this season, I would say that their last performance (County Cup Semi final) was the best by any side against us in the last few seasons, and that was down to their effort and workrate for each other, they are a good set of lads and gracious in victory. They are not running away with the Division 3 title and although sitting nicely at the moment they have a lot of games to go and teams will not make it easy for them, they've not been spanking teams week in week out a lot of their victories have been by the odd goal, they are a strong side but by no means unbeatable and with a number of strong teams in the division it is going to take a very good side to win the league, and who ever it is Reem Team, NRI, Magna or Huncote will fully deserve it. I wouldn't say any of the teams involved are pot hunters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 5:17 pm

My eyes are starting to bleeeeeeeeeed.
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 5:18 pm

strong teams in the division it is going to take a very good side to win the league, and who ever it is Reem Team, NRI, Magna or Huncote will fully deserve it. I wouldn't say any of the teams involved are pot hunters.

personally i cant see magna or huncote winning it, in my opinion if reem team dont beat nri then nri will win it

reem team , s and g and so on are just like everybody else, all teams pot hunt, if they stay in the running, they then see if they can improve as the season goes on

reem teams 1st season isnt it ? they should be in division 7 in my opinion, why should reem team be above a side thats been playing for years but are only in division 4 or 5 ?
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 5:44 pm

rocket ledge wrote:
strong teams in the division it is going to take a very good side to win the league, and who ever it is Reem Team, NRI, Magna or Huncote will fully deserve it. I wouldn't say any of the teams involved are pot hunters.

personally i cant see magna or huncote winning it, in my opinion if reem team dont beat nri then nri will win it

reem team , s and g and so on are just like everybody else, all teams pot hunt, if they stay in the running, they then see if they can improve as the season goes on

reem teams 1st season isnt it ? they should be in division 7 in my opinion, why should reem team be above a side thats been playing for years but are only in division 4 or 5 ?

maybe they didn't want to win 10-0 everyweek?
Back to top Go down
Duane
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Duane

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 6:19 pm

Biblotelli wrote:
Smile
Duane wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
S&G Gaffer wrote:
Just like to congratulate the Star & Garter lads today, a deserved win I think. Should be a good final. Long may the pothunt continue.

I'm sure it most definitely will.

Oh it will,..though next season they will be competing in the standard they should be competing at, so may be a little more difficult for them than this.,

Little disappointed in the fact that they havent acknowledged the game we gave them for 90 even though we collapsed in e/t.....thought Luka was better than that ?..we have always acknolwedged our rivals efforts in games in season's past, win lose or draw,..but hey ho,...each to their own.

Haven't posted for a while but Ive read some strange comments today.

Duane, I have read a few of your posts and to be honest I think you are massively underselling yourselves. If i'm not wrong are you not the team that have beaten S&G this year? Are you not the team sitting close to them in the league? Are you not the team that reached the final of the Billy Walton last year? In fact are you not the team that S&G still haven't beaten in 90 mins? If I'd have been Throops manager yesterday I'd have been reminding my players of this, so what if your missing a couple of players, it's football your always missing players especially around February time. Me personally I don't give a f*** who you're playing against, when you step over that white line I make sure my team want that ball more than the opposition, you'll be surprised how often you come out on top. Your right Duane in that S&G should be playing at the right standard next season; on form you should be too.

I am truly bewildered by the glorifying of S&G on this forum by some members (1 in particular). I've seen S&G play, I do also know some of the players that play and although they do have some decent players, they aren't that good to win things by ability on it's own. They win cause they want to win. This forum is excellent for sharing opinions but I think that some people believe too much of what they read (and too much of it is total bullsh**) don't believe the hype.

Some people have developed a false interpretation of S&G, they're not much different to any other team.

You will develop a defeatist mentality if you read and believe some things that are posted on here. You've been warned.

Very good post Mr Biblotelli,..can't say that very often can we, some very good points too.

I'd rather undersell ourselves on a public forum though than oversell, no-one likes a big head.
Back to top Go down
Vimto

Vimto

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 6:53 pm

Duane wrote:
Biblotelli wrote:
Smile
Duane wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
S&G Gaffer wrote:
Just like to congratulate the Star & Garter lads today, a deserved win I think. Should be a good final. Long may the pothunt continue.

Oh it will,..though next season they will be competing in the standard they should be competing at, so may be a little more difficult for them than this.,

Little disappointed in the fact that they havent acknowledged the game we gave them for 90 even though we collapsed in e/t.....thought Luka was better than that ?..we have always acknolwedged our rivals efforts in games in season's past, win lose or draw,..but hey ho,...each to their own.

Duane, I have read a few of your posts and to be honest I think you are massively underselling yourselves. If i'm not wrong are you not the team that have beaten S&G this year? Are you not the team sitting close to them in the league? Are you not the team that reached the final of the Billy Walton last year? In fact are you not the team that S&G still haven't beaten in 90 mins? If I'd have been Throops manager yesterday I'd have been reminding my players of this, so what if your missing a couple of players, it's football your always missing players especially around February time. Me personally I don't give a f*** who you're playing against, when you step over that white line I make sure my team want that ball more than the opposition, you'll be surprised how often you come out on top. Your right Duane in that S&G should be playing at the right standard next season; on form you should be too.

I am truly bewildered by the glorifying of S&G on this forum by some members (1 in particular). I've seen S&G play, I do also know some of the players that play and although they do have some decent players, they aren't that good to win things by ability on it's own. They win cause they want to win. This forum is excellent for sharing opinions but I think that some people believe too much of what they read (and too much of it is total bullsh**) don't believe the hype.

Some people have developed a false interpretation of S&G, they're not much different to any other team.

You will develop a defeatist mentality if you read and believe some things that are posted on here. You've been warned.

Very good post Mr Biblotelli,..can't say that very often can we, some very good points too.

I'd rather undersell ourselves on a public forum though than oversell, no-one likes a big head.

Or an excuse maker Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vimto

Vimto

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 6:54 pm

Hellboy wrote:
So, how would you feel after all this hard work and difficulties, (honestly)as you have put it, if some of your best team players decided next month to move on with 4/5 of their mates and left your team, what would your opinion be then? im sure you'd be a bit gutted, i was with my team for 14 years through thick and thin, most of the others that started the team were too, i just like to see some longevity and commitment, but all i see just lately is teams swapping and changing the same players. also what is wrong with someone staying with the team that they were happy to sign up with all their mates, people always use the same excuse that they want to be with their mates, but they were all signed up together in the first place, surely if you are all together then, why the need to keep moving. I dont understand.

Wigston United
Back to top Go down
maisto8

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 7:11 pm

Hellboy is right,

1- I cant control my temper (12 red cards in 10 years, many yellows)
2- I jump ship (9 years at Advance 1year at Star and Garter)
3- I am a massive pothunter ( 24 sunday trophies in 10 years)
4- I am a big head
5- The alliance committee loves me and my teams.

Well done hellboy, right again
Back to top Go down
Throop Boss

Throop Boss

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 7:17 pm

S&G are a good team and think some of the post on here are a bit over the top to be fair, every team got to start some where and they can only play what's put infront of them. As for Sunday it was a good game with both teams having a go and again either could have won in normal time .
We need to improve as a team to push them for the title but if we play like we can then i think it should be a good running to the end of the season !
Ps / good luck to both sunbury and star In the final
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 11:13 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

Oh so like me then, i also speak to people that were once in teams, i only reflect on here what people tell me, i dont actually speak for them, unlike some people who seem to think they have the correct opinion all the time, ( even though they dont play for these teams) as i have said before, people talk to me, and i reflect this by putting those opinions on here for the team members themselves to see and comment on themselves, i cant see how someone who isnt in their dressing room or goes down the pub with their team, can have such a solid view of what goes on behind the scenes, and with so many teams? unless you are telepathic or something.

but i spoke to people a bit higher up than players. and you didn't answer the first question Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb 2012, 10:16 am

Widds wrote:

Thats what ya said that during that WNF game, you pothunting fiend you. bounce
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb 2012, 10:19 am

maisto8 wrote:
Hellboy is right,

1- I cant control my temper (12 red cards in 10 years, many yellows)
2- I jump ship (9 years at Advance 1year at Star and Garter)
3- I am a massive pothunter ( 24 sunday trophies in 10 years)
4- I am a big head
5- The alliance committee loves me and my teams.

Well done hellboy, right again

I'm always right.

Always!

Last edited by Hellboy on Tue 20 Mar 2012, 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb 2012, 10:23 am

Biblotelli wrote:
Smile
Duane wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
S&G Gaffer wrote:

Agreed!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb 2012, 11:42 am

Hellboy wrote:
I'm always right.

So you are a big girl after all? lol!
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb 2012, 11:50 am

fc hoskins wrote:
billy walton huncote and star already in semis.
hoskins vs saff q-final
advance vs pheonix

i can predict the draw for semis
hoskins or saff vs star garter
advance or pheonix vs huncote
hoskins or saff vs advance
huncote vs star garter

odds are 1000/1 for
star garter vs advance or pheonix

hahaha what everyones thoughts i wanna see the draw live can we sectarys come to a meeting to see draw???

wow did anyone have a quid on that the league have thrown a suprise in. chances for huncote ourselfs or saff to have a day out at wembley !
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb 2012, 3:30 pm

You owe me a million quid, I had a grand on at 1000 to 1. When can we arrange for me to come and pick up my dosh ?
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb 2012, 3:33 pm

Looking at how the draw was posted its almost like the league looked at it and said " can you imagine the stick we would get if Star and Advance miss each other in the draw, sack it, go with this " lmao.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb 2012, 9:08 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Widds wrote:

Thats what ya said that during that WNF game, you pothunting fiend you. bounce

Not long until i get the chance to make amens for that catastrophe!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb 2012, 9:17 pm

Do you know when it is yet?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb 2012, 9:31 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Do you know when it is yet?

Not yet, but i would imagine it will be one of the last two, will be interesting to see if James gives us vs Reem or Huncote/Magna vs Reem as last game...leagues usually put the 'deciders' as the last game...

Whens the last day of the league season? Is it end of March or April?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Mar 2012, 9:41 am

all games normally need to be completed by 1 May
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Mar 2012, 1:35 pm

Cheers ducky
Back to top Go down
Hurricane

Hurricane

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Mar 2012, 4:21 pm

CPR 4 - 1 LDA

We battered them for the first 20 mins but only scored the one goal - Joe Wiltshire brilliantly heading in from a corner. The game then opened up a bit but we still had the majority of the play, and chances. The CPR keeper (best in the division IMO) doing very well to keep Stu Pratt from scoring twice in one-on-one situations.

The CPR equaliser came on the break, their winger chasing down a long ball and just keeping it in, then cutting back across goal for the big centre mid to drill his effort in to the far corner.

So instead of going in a few goals to the good we ended up level at half time. The first 10 mins of the second half was a complete collapse from us. First, a mix up between keeper and defender leading to a tap in for the CPR forward. Then a nicely taken freekick to put them two clear, followed up shortly by a seemingly simple cross finding its way in to the net from the left wing.

After that we created one or two chances but again the CPR keeper stopped everything we threw at him.

Fair play to CPR they stuck to their task and took full advantage of our mistakes.

Not quite what happened really.

Comfortable win for CPR, missing many chances along the way. To Be fair LDA did have 2/3 chances saved by our keeper but we missed several golden chances and never really needed to get out of 2nd gear in the 2nd half.

LDA had a dude with a decent throw but that was the only threat.

Another comfortable win for CPR, unbeaten in the league in 2012
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 26 February   Banter for Sunday 26 February - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for Sunday 26 February
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next