Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Unsung Heroes.

Go down 
+6
mundial9
Joey Barton
Hellboy
Polska legend II
Sam__Whatsize
dan_mitchell_WRFC
10 posters
AuthorMessage
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 11:18 pm

There is always a lot of talk about the players who score the goals and get the assists. But what about those lads who put in 100% week in week out and get little mention.
Who is your clubs unsung hero?

Ours at Wigston is probably Aarran Murray, the lad plays for Market Harborough on a saturday and is absolute class at centre back.
Back to top Go down
Sam__Whatsize

Sam__Whatsize

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 11:53 pm

I'd like to think i put in a shift tbf.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 8:27 am

anyone that clears dog mess up
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 8:27 am

on a more serious note, the managers, club secretaries and those that run the line. they are the real heroes - players have it easy!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 11:01 am

dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:
There is always a lot of talk about the players who score the goals and get the assists. But what about those lads who put in 100% week in week out and get little mention.

Ours at Wigston is probably Aarran Murray, the lad plays for Market Harborough on a saturday and is absolute class at centre back.

Does he play for the webbed feet wanderers?
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 11:20 am

Sam__Whatsize wrote:
I'd like to think i put in a shift tbf.

You are not unsung!
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 11:21 am

Hellboy wrote:
dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:

Does he play for the webbed feet wanderers?

You would have to ask him!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 11:39 am

Surely you must have noticed these?

Unsung Heroes. A2028

he bought them from jjb.
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 1:04 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
on a more serious note, the managers, club secretaries and those that run the line. they are the real heroes - players have it easy!

......And the kit washer
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
mundial9

mundial9

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 4:06 pm

From what ive seen in division 5 & 6, i would say some of the older players who still put in a brilliant shift. Also as polska said managers Secretary's etc.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 4:39 pm

Joey Barton wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

......And the kit washer

bit less drastic that one, seeing as a company do it for £10 a week! but yes, very much so if its a club member
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 4:41 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Joey Barton wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

......And the kit washer

bit less drastic that one, seeing as a company do it for £10 a week! but yes, very much so if its a club member

Who does this?
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 4:43 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Joey Barton wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:

......And the kit washer

Really? Can you send me the details so I can have my Saturdays back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 4:43 pm

not sure of the name we drop it off at a house on the meadows, they then drop it off a few days later. can get you the number if you are interested
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 4:47 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
not sure of the name we drop it off at a house on the meadows, they then drop it off a few days later. can get you the number if you are interested

yes please
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 4:48 pm

i'll get the club sec to get the number in the next few days (and post it on here) all being well!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 5:05 pm

surely its just another one of the chores the wife has to do,
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 6:21 pm

what about those without one? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeWed 07 Dec 2011, 10:53 am

I'm sure their mum'll do for them.
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeWed 07 Dec 2011, 11:06 am

Hellboy wrote:
I'm sure their mum'll do for them.

How right you are!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeWed 07 Dec 2011, 11:41 am

spoilt git. Wink
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeWed 07 Dec 2011, 11:50 am

BARRY DOVEY

a pure class act at saff lounge, turns up every week never knowing if his mates are going to turn up, never moans when he gets picked to play in a different position to his own, just gets on with it and gives 100 per cent everytime, if the rest of our so called players put the effort in that he does, then i am sure that we would still be in the county cup and challenging for the league
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeWed 07 Dec 2011, 8:55 pm

can we put in 7 days please? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 10:05 am

Cole Brookfield, i think. Wink
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 10:30 am

NRI have 3 unsung hero's in my eyes.

Although some may say an unsung hero is a player you don't here much about ( this one is well known, lmao ) I think Widds is an absolute superstar in terms of what he does for our club, I doubt there are any players/sec's in the whole of sunday morning football that puts in the effort & desire to win as this lad does.

Neil Veasey, my centre half, got injured against Reem team and been out injured ever since apart from a 15 minute comeback against S&G in which he broke down again with a recurrence of his hamstring injury. You don't really here much about centre backs as all the glory tends to go to the forwards but it's not a coincidence that he came back last week and we again looked solid again and had Tim Glen in his pocket.

Chris Eames, another centre back ( lol, same reason as above ) Eamesy although I would like to take the credit bringing this player in I can't lol, this lad has been a breath of fresh air to our back line, plays it out from the back and is a very assured defender, when Neil and Eamesy are at the back together we seem to be a totally different team, these pair allow our forward players to shine.

Great topic by the way !!!

Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 11:03 am

Hellboy wrote:
The wife is the sec so goes with the territory!!! Wouldn't pay anyone £10 a week to do ours- chuck it in the machine when you get back from a match, hang it up after a nap and take it down on Monday after work- it's easy! The only time we pay to get it done is if we're away and then one of the lads gets free subs for one week to wash it (that's £3!!!)
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 11:29 am

Ya well trained, was it the husband that trained you? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 11:31 am

THE MAGICIAN wrote:

Although some may say an unsung hero is a player you don't here much about ( this one is well known, lmao ) I think Widds is an absolute superstar in terms of what he does for our club, I doubt there are any players/sec's in the whole of sunday morning football that puts in the effort & desire to win as this lad does.

Oh my god, don't tell him that, we'll never hear the last of it. cat
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 1:10 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:

Neil Veasey, my centre half, got injured against Reem team and been out injured ever since apart from a 15 minute comeback against S&G in which he broke down again with a recurrence of his hamstring injury. You don't really here much about centre backs as all the glory tends to go to the forwards but it's not a coincidence that he came back last week and we again looked solid again and had Tim Glen in his pocket.

Chris Eames, another centre back ( lol, same reason as above ) Eamesy although I would like to take the credit bringing this player in I can't lol, this lad has been a breath of fresh air to our back line, plays it out from the back and is a very assured defender, when Neil and Eamesy are at the back together we seem to be a totally different team, these pair allow our forward players to shine.

can I take the credit for getting Eamesey to you? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 1:11 pm

MT Sec wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
The wife is the sec so goes with the territory!!! Wouldn't pay anyone £10 a week to do ours- chuck it in the machine when you get back from a match, hang it up after a nap and take it down on Monday after work- it's easy! The only time we pay to get it done is if we're away and then one of the lads gets free subs for one week to wash it (that's £3!!!)

hang on, where do you get a kit wash for £3? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 1:12 pm

robin our secretary is an unsung hero. just about the only thing he doesn't or can't do is spell polish surnames correctly
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 1:15 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
THE MAGICIAN wrote:

No worries, lol.
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 1:16 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
robin our secretary is an unsung hero. just about the only thing he doesn't or can't do is spell polish surnames correctly

This made me Laughing
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 1:17 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
THE MAGICIAN wrote:

No worries, lol.

u still in any cups? he's not had a visit to Holmes Park since 2002 and deserves another one!
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 3:45 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Ya well trained, was it the husband that trained you? Laughing
He'd probably like to think so!
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 3:46 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
MT Sec wrote:
Hellboy wrote:

hang on, where do you get a kit wash for £3? Laughing
If I've not got time to do it one week then one of the lads takes it and gets free subs that week so essentially the club are paying £3 for a kit wash What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Unsung Heroes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unsung Heroes.   Unsung Heroes. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unsung Heroes.
Page 1 of 1