Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS

Go down 
+11
Katie G
super polska
riley
Piemasterflash
gattuso
Paulo
Gordon
reffinghell
man in black
Ripple The Net
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Ripple The Net

NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Empty
PostSubject: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 5:15 pm

A semi should always be played at a neutral venue as it gives no team an advantage but also and I believe this is important as it adds to the prestige of the occassion. For the excuse that there is not enough neutral venues this statement is stupid, example WESTERN v MAGNA ,THREE NUNNS/SUNBURY v COUNTESTHORPE
SOLUTION WESTERN AND MAGNA PLAY AT THREE NUNNS/ SUNBURY/ COUNTESTHORPE GROUND AND
THREE NUNNS/SUNBURY/COUNTESTHORPE PLAY AT WESTERN`S GROUND RESULT
NEUTRAL VENUE
INCREASED PRESTIGE
NO EXTRA COST AS THE GAMES NEED TO BE PLAYED AND THIS SOLUTION GOES RIGHT ACROSS ALL SEMIS.
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 5:24 pm

why not play semi a at semi b ground and semi b at semi a ground
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 5:31 pm

think thats the point being made above clive Embarassed Laughing
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 6:46 pm

oh yeah but my explanation is more generic,,,,,and i am sticking with it Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
reffinghell

reffinghell

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 7:23 pm

man in black wrote:
why not play semi a at semi b ground and semi b at semi a ground
This would be a problem because the club hosting the semi have to open changing rooms and put the nets up etc
i imagine they would rather be watching their own clubs in the semis!!
I think the county fa are being lazy and could organize neutral grounds with a bit of hard work and flexibility,semi finals should be on pitches with barriers around for obvious reasons!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 7:34 pm

This for me is one of the reasons why people are losing interest in sunday morning football, next you'll be telling me that the finals will played on local dog shite parks!!

Last edited by newbie on Wed 27 Jan 2010, 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 8:45 pm

It is not just for Sunday football. The same principle will also apply to Saturday Competitions.

All Finals are scheduled to be played at Holmes Park.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 8:35 am

I totally agree with the above, some effort needs to be made to make the event the occasion is it supposed to be.As i have sed in another post New Parks or Rushy Fields is not what i wud consider to be a semi final venue. Especially in the light of the County Cup coming first regardless of any League or other League Competitios

For me now, our match on sunday against Sporting in the Stokes Cup takes the front seat. Alliance competition semi's are at good neutral grounds, the finals are on a friday (excuse for p*** up win or lose), friday also means bigger crowds compared with Wednesday night where it has less of the atomosphere you would want/expect. The lads have worked very hard in a Cup that is for teams a division above us and not to be reward has disappointed us all!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 8:52 am

bring on sunday vs magna
then 14th feb county cup semi vs sileby
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 8:53 am

gattuso wrote:
bring on sunday vs magna
then 14th feb county cup semi vs sileby

Will be very interesting month for both of us!
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 8:55 am

ye sure will mate, all the best (except sunday lol )
Back to top Go down
Piemasterflash

Piemasterflash

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 11:51 am

In all honesty the county cup has been an absolute joke! The first game the ref didn't show,the second game the team didn't want to play because it was raining! The third game was called off on a perfectly playable pitch to then have it played the following week with the pitch in exactly the same condition! And then when we finally get to the semis we are told there is no neutral venue and so the first drawn get the advantage! What a joke this cup is! And it takes priority over alliance cups!

Last edited by Piemasterflash on Wed 27 Jan 2010, 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamstats.net/sportingwigston
riley

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 12:38 pm

Piemasterflash wrote:
In all honesty the county cup has bee an absolute joke! The first game the ref didn't show,the second game the team didn't want to play because it was raining! The third game was called off on a perfectly playable pitch to then have it played the following week with the pitch in exactly the same condition! And then when we finally get to the semis we are told there is no neutral venue and so the first drawn get the advantage! What a joke this cup is! And it takes priority over alliance cups!

totally agree
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 12:39 pm

gattuso wrote:
ye sure will mate, all the best (except sunday lol )

likewise Very Happy

and pies cudnt agree more m8
Back to top Go down
Piemasterflash

Piemasterflash

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 12:53 pm

But you have to give to them, with all the poor management,inconsistency of refs! asking us to respect refs that cant be bothered to get out of bed, not giving a second thought to the lower league teams that get to county cup final stages, and the general lets mess everybody around because we can we are the FA attitude! they do do a fantastic job at getting the fines out to you! and even better they never miss a spelling mistake on the results forms. ( £10 please)
Back to top Go down
super polska

super polska

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 4:17 pm

Lets be honest.....you don't gain that much of an advantage from playing at home.
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 4:34 pm

As a non playing secretary, I like the fact that going to a neutral ground gives me a little less to do on a matchday, not a lot, but nevertheless not as much. I get a greater sense of achievement and feel prouder of the squad standing on the side line of a neutral ground (which usually has dug outs and a barrier around). I feel let down by the County FA that they can't arrange however many matches it is once in the season when league fixtures secretary's do it all year round, for next to no money. This is the County FA's job, for us it is just a hobby. And like the others say, they're bang up to date with the fines!!!
Back to top Go down
Corridor of Uncertainty

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 5:08 pm

Local football is slowly going 2 pot, 1st no sporting blue, now this! Scandalous. The semi finals should b at a neutral groound 2 give both teams an equal chance of qualifying 4 a final. No matter what the standard. Any idea where the premier cup semis r being held yet?
Back to top Go down
super polska

super polska

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 5:43 pm

Corridor of Uncertainty wrote:
Local football is slowly going 2 pot, 1st no sporting blue, now this! Scandalous. The semi finals should b at a neutral groound 2 give both teams an equal chance of qualifying 4 a final. No matter what the standard. Any idea where the premier cup semis r being held yet?

These are actual going to be held at a neutral venue. The reason being that the standard of football in this cup warrants a good even playing surface.

You don't need grassy pitches just to hoof the ball!
Back to top Go down
Piemasterflash

Piemasterflash

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 7:05 pm

super polska wrote:
Corridor of Uncertainty wrote:

These are actual going to be held at a neutral venue. The reason being that the standard of football in this cup warrants a good even playing surface.

You don't need grassy pitches just to hoof the ball!

They certainly need the cash from the lower leagues to fund their organisation!and the prem teams seem to manage every sunday on the parks lush playing surfaces! Hinckley's ground is available for the semis!
Back to top Go down
reffinghell

reffinghell

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 8:06 pm

Piemasterflash wrote:
But you have to give to them, with all the poor management,inconsistency of refs! asking us to respect refs that cant be bothered to get out of bed, not giving a second thought to the lower league teams that get to county cup final stages, and the general lets mess everybody around because we can we are the FA attitude! they do do a fantastic job at getting the fines out to you! and even better they never miss a spelling mistake on the results forms. ( £10 please)
So you had one ref let you down,did you complain to the County FA?
Inconsistent Refs? you have been listening to Andy Gray too much,you are a sunday morning footballer,so you will get sunday morning Refs,what about your inconsistencies like not being to pass accurately every time,not turnng up on time etc etc,
You do what you like with the respect campaign do you honestly think any Ref gives a damn whether a gobshite like you respects him?
Back to top Go down
Piemasterflash

Piemasterflash

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 8:53 pm

reffinghell wrote:
Piemasterflash wrote:
Inconsistent Refs? you have been listening to Andy Gray too much,you are a sunday morning footballer,so you will get sunday morning Refs,what about your inconsistencies like not being to pass accurately every time,not turnng up on time etc etc,
You do what you like with the respect campaign do you honestly think any Ref gives a damn whether a gobshite like you respects him?

I was talking about the county cup and the organization not the consistency of a referees decision making they are generally o.k in the alliance league but the FA will use refs in the county cup that the alliance wont use in their league!! I'm not fussed what a ref thinks about me, but they the are obviously worried what people think about refs hence the respect campaign! you sound like a ref!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 9:44 pm

dont really give a toss where the semi finals are going to be played to be honest. at the end of the day the final will still be played at holmes park. i do think though that if the county fa cant (be arsed) to sort out neutral venues for all semi finals on sats and suns then they shouldnt do it for any!
Back to top Go down
Doc Brown

Doc Brown

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 10:36 pm

reffinghell wrote:
Piemasterflash wrote:

I'm not interested in slating refs, but your argument is flawed sweetheart. As although we may be rubbish Sunday morning footballers that make loads of mistakes. We don't get paid for the privilige of playing, whereas the ref's get paid to provide a service, therefore they should give a damn about whether a gobshite like Pies respects him!
Back to top Go down
ramon_II

ramon_II

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 7:09 pm

I'll go as far as saying I will be immensely aggrieved if the game isn't played at a neutral venue!
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 7:52 pm

as referees we are encourged to dress smart should we have a semi final appointment, I notice that advance are at home so how many referees will turn up at horsewell lane in collar and tie. same applies to Viccy park Braunstone park uplands park western park,brighton avenue where the changing rooms are shared and sometimes not locked. personally i think neutral venues do add something to the occasion, and it is an occasion as the losers go home with nothing, the winners will get a losers medal at least
Back to top Go down
reffinghell

reffinghell

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 8:27 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
reffinghell wrote:
Piemasterflash wrote:

I'm not interested in slating refs, but your argument is flawed sweetheart. As although we may be rubbish Sunday morning footballers that make loads of mistakes. We don't get paid for the privilige of playing, whereas the ref's get paid to provide a service, therefore they should give a damn about whether a gobshite like Pies respects him!
Sorry Darling but your argument is flawed we are there to provide a service such has turning up on time,knowing the laws of the game among others,but i do not care if a gobshite respects me or not it has nothing to do with my refereeing duties.
Back to top Go down
Doc Brown

Doc Brown

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 9:31 pm

reffinghell wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
reffinghell wrote:
Piemasterflash wrote:

Sorry Darling but your argument is flawed we are there to provide a service such has turning up on time,knowing the laws of the game among others,but i do not care if a gobshite respects me or not it has nothing to do with my refereeing duties.

I wholeheartedly disagree with your last comment cupcake! If the referees don't care, then what chance do the league/county have? Refs should set high standards and care!! You have had appropriate training, you get paid very well for an hour and half's work, so deliver the service that's expected of you.

Maybe if 'gobshite's' like you showed some respect, the FA wouldn't need to implement overpriced marketing strategy's. But hey, never mind, you don't need to show any respect you'll still get paid on Sunday anyway clown
Back to top Go down
reffinghell

reffinghell

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan 2010, 11:17 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
reffinghell wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
reffinghell wrote:
Piemasterflash wrote:

I wholeheartedly disagree with your last comment cupcake! If the referees don't care, then what chance do the league/county have? Refs should set high standards and care!! You have had appropriate training, you get paid very well for an hour and half's work, so deliver the service that's expected of you.

Maybe if 'gobshite's' like you showed some respect, the FA wouldn't need to implement overpriced marketing strategy's. But hey, never mind, you don't need to show any respect you'll still get paid on Sunday anyway clown
listen Angel face i always deliver the service expected of me without fail,you need to realise that it is more than a hour and half
for a start but that just shows your ignorance,i will always collect my match fee but will never care if a gobshite respects me or not,i dont even think about it once whilst im spending my match fee!!
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jan 2010, 4:01 pm

[quotebut they the are obviously worried what people think about refs hence the respect campaign!

firstly its a respect program as campaigns are shortlived.......and it is aimed at everyone respecting everyone, players managers spectators and referees. it isnt just aimed at refs it also means that you have to show respect to your opponents spectators and management as well
Back to top Go down
Doc Brown

Doc Brown

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jan 2010, 4:17 pm

Reffinghell - i would have to take your word that you always deliver the service expected you, because i don't know who you are. However if you speak to players on a Sunday, the way you speak to people on here, I doubt it very much. You come across an arrogant to$$er, but i'm sure you're lovely really, cherry lips! geek
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jan 2010, 4:29 pm

If your good enough to beat a team at a neutral venue, then you should be good enough to beat a team any other venue, quit the moaning and go to win the game.

If i was drawn away in a semi at the teams home ground I'd want to beat them more.

Man up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jan 2010, 4:57 pm

dee_aitcho wrote:
If your good enough to beat a team at a neutral venue, then you should be good enough to beat a team any other venue, quit the moaning and go to win the game.

If i was drawn away in a semi at the teams home ground I'd want to beat them more.

Man up.

you need to get by the first round first dee Laughing Wink

seriously though i agree totally at this level of football its not really a great advantage/dis-advantage where ever the semis are played. although if the county wont do it for us lower league teams then it shouldnt be done in the higher league teams!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS   NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEUTRAL VENUES FOR SEMI FINALS
Page 1 of 1