Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

JIM LARN

Go down 
+4
man in black
rocky
sidderz
Gordon
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

JIM LARN Empty
PostSubject: JIM LARN   JIM LARN Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 9:44 am

I was shocked and deeply saddened to receive news on Sunday morning, 24 January, that Jim Larn, the physio for Scraptoft Garage 2007 FC had collapsed and passed away, immediately prior to their scheduled fixture.

Whilst I cannot claim to have known Jim personally, I am very aware that many of you who participate or associate with the Alliance League did, and that this sad news and his loss will be felt by all of us.

On behalf of the Alliance League Management Committee I extend our very sincere sympathy and condolences to Jim's immediate family and close friends who are suffering at this time from their loss. Together with Jim, you will be remembered in our thoughts and prayers.

The family, together with members of Scraptoft Garage 2007 FC have requested that due acknowledgement be recorded to Les Fletcher, an Assistant Referee appointed to the fixture who gave Jim immediate first aid treatment in an effort to revive him. Sadly this was not to be, and his death was confirmed on arrival at hospital.

Jim was a good servant to local football over many years - may he rest in peace.

The funeral service for Jim will be held on Wednesday 10 February, 12 noon, at Gilroes Crematorium. At the request of the family, attendees are asked to wear their favourite football shirts. Family flowers only, but donations will be received for the 62nd Scout Group.

Last edited by Gordon on Fri 29 Jan 2010, 1:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
sidderz

JIM LARN Empty
PostSubject: Re: JIM LARN   JIM LARN Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 10:39 am

R.I.P Jim, was horrible to see at the time.

Only met him a number of times but seemed like a nice man.
Back to top Go down
rocky

rocky

JIM LARN Empty
PostSubject: Re: JIM LARN   JIM LARN Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 10:41 am

Great bloke and lovely family.

Last edited by rocky on Wed 27 Jan 2010, 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

JIM LARN Empty
PostSubject: Re: JIM LARN   JIM LARN Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 1:16 pm

great character, you have to remember the track suit, the moustache, the length of time it took him to get far side of pitch,,genuine bloke,, will be missed by many
condolences to his family and the lads at scrappy

RIP JIM
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

JIM LARN Empty
PostSubject: Re: JIM LARN   JIM LARN Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 4:49 pm

RIP JIM

Condolences to his family, friends and those at Scraptoft Garage from all at Sparta Moshdock
Back to top Go down
ben

ben

JIM LARN Empty
PostSubject: Re: JIM LARN   JIM LARN Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan 2010, 9:05 am

Wow.

So sudden

R.I.P. Mr Larn and condolences to the family and the Scrappy lads.
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

JIM LARN Empty
PostSubject: Re: JIM LARN   JIM LARN Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jan 2010, 1:17 pm

I have added the funeral arrangements for Jim to my initial posting in this thread.
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

JIM LARN Empty
PostSubject: Re: JIM LARN   JIM LARN Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jan 2010, 8:53 am

i was on another pitch near to where this happened and found out at hlf time on our game was deepley shocked, didnt want to put anything up here. didnt know the bloke but he seemed a decent bloke rip
Back to top Go down

JIM LARN Empty
PostSubject: Re: JIM LARN   JIM LARN Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jan 2010, 12:44 pm

arrr this is lovely for jim, we are all missing jim soo much, he was a great man and my grandad, thank you to all who tried to help him, i am so grateful. i have done a momorial site on facebook for him too "grandad jim" cause thats what everyone called him. love you jim, your now with my mum (your daughter diana) up in heaven, no doubt you will be fishing with mum or playing/watching football, love you xxx
Back to top Go down
Declan Swan

Declan Swan

JIM LARN Empty
PostSubject: Re: JIM LARN   JIM LARN Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jan 2010, 1:09 pm

An absolute legend.

I remember him from my days at Lutterworth a few years back. You were in safe hands when Jim was on the scene.

My condolensces to his family. A great bloke that has no doubt had a positive effect on so many people's lives.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

JIM LARN Empty
PostSubject: Re: JIM LARN   JIM LARN Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JIM LARN
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Announcements :: League Announcements-
Jump to: