Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Very Tight Divisions this season

Go down 
+12
greeeedy
Gordon
browny15lfc
Hellboy
Fieldy
Bucko
Sparta3
NiffyA
Polska legend II
BEES KNEES
Widds
Hairy Hebrew!
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

Very Tight Divisions this season Empty
PostSubject: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeWed 09 Nov 2011, 11:38 am

Now that the seaon is well under way, looking at the divisions its refreshing to see how competitive each division is. With so many teams being able to take points off each other in there respective divisions this could be an exciting season for all. Perhaps the only team looking like there too strong for their league is north kilworth but sure there maybe a few twists and turns with the winter months coming. Also with Star & Garter losing this weekend it gives everyone hope in division 1.

So whats your opinion on how your division is takin shape?

In 6 the top 4 seemed to have drifted slightly from the rest with NPE being perhaps the most consistant and are looking like they may be the team to beat. The wheel have put a few results together and are back in the mix after looking out of it a few weeks ago. 6 points seperates the bottom 7 teams.
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeWed 09 Nov 2011, 11:43 am

div 5 is crazy with the top 5 all level on points and just 4 points seperating the top 8!!!

Bravo to the alliance league on who ever put this division together!
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeWed 09 Nov 2011, 12:49 pm

Think we said all along that div 3 was going to be very tough, well pleased with how difficult its becoming. Think DME will come good and i also fancy Saff Lounge to put a run together. We havent hit top form yet but are still up there. Magna and Huncote both have very solid teams with some excellent players in their ranks. Obviously Reem Team are the boys to beat, hopefully people will go for it against them and take some points off them....i think if we hit top form then our starting 11 would beat any other starting 11 in our division....but then, most people in the top 6 or so would prob say the same about their team.
Back to top Go down
BEES KNEES

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeWed 09 Nov 2011, 12:50 pm

your right our division is mad my personal opinion is that the gate hangs well will probs win it! would like us to be up there too as we are a new team n have already upset a couple of big teams! i.e north kilworth!haha
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeWed 09 Nov 2011, 1:04 pm

div 5 is the most competitive of all. couldn't or wouldn't like to predict a winner at the moment
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeWed 09 Nov 2011, 1:07 pm

Gate Hangs well? I thought Kajima and St Marks will finish higher than them? It is an interesting division and don't think any teams can feel too confident going into any game.
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeWed 09 Nov 2011, 1:10 pm

I hear the Gate Hangs Well team is much changed from the start of the season. Practically last year's West End first team.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeWed 09 Nov 2011, 1:11 pm

kajima look to have a strong side who could well do it. St Marks are clearly a good side but may lack some experience which could count against them
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeWed 09 Nov 2011, 1:26 pm

We haven't seen Kajima or St Marks yet. Both could be lacking a little experience though. Kajima are lucky to get a replay of the Harrow game that they lost, without that their record would look a little worse. Harrow alwats start well and new teams tend to get better as time goes by so it's a bit of a lifeline.
Back to top Go down
BEES KNEES

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeWed 09 Nov 2011, 2:04 pm

well even if we didnt have to replay that game we would of only of lost two! we also have an expereinced 30 52 and 56 year old!lol cant get older than that!lol
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeWed 09 Nov 2011, 5:24 pm

and i thought our left back fieldy was old at 44 lol,its a very intresting div 5 this year just glad we have finally managed to put our problems behind us ( would be sitting top now) and hopfully challenge the likes of st marks,gate and kajima its nice to have a new management team
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeThu 10 Nov 2011, 12:08 pm

harrow hotshot wrote:
and i thought our left back fieldy was old at 44 lol,its a very intresting div 5 this year just glad we have finally managed to put our problems behind us ( would be sitting top now) and hopfully challenge the likes of st marks,gate and kajima its nice to have a new management team

'OI', 43 actually
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeThu 10 Nov 2011, 1:49 pm

on a personal note, I think it shows all those who were chattering on about us being in the wrong division were very badly opinionated about us. If the four or five teams below us win their games in hand then we are mid table.
Star and garter are prob prem class but you can't do more than single div promotion to the prem. Star and garter and sound in my opinion as well.
Maybe the league has worked out the pothhunters and we can all rest easy!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeThu 10 Nov 2011, 1:51 pm

sometimes go in blind if some teams start signing on star players after the divisions have been announced
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeThu 10 Nov 2011, 1:53 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
sometimes go in blind if some teams start signing on star players after the divisions have been announced

Like we did lol
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeThu 10 Nov 2011, 1:54 pm

easily done!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeThu 10 Nov 2011, 2:28 pm

Widds wrote:
on a personal note, I think it shows all those who were chattering on about us being in the wrong division were very badly opinionated about us. If the four or five teams below us win their games in hand then we are mid table.
Star and garter are prob prem class but you can't do more than single div promotion to the prem. Star and garter and sound in my opinion as well.

Neverrrrrrrrrrrrr, i'll always be on the look out for them, and i will keep posting my opinions about them......Viva La pothunters so i can expose them. No
Back to top Go down
browny15lfc

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeFri 11 Nov 2011, 10:32 pm

We asked to be in division 2 or 3 last season and pointed out that despite several of us being average we all play decent Saturday level and we had Rudkin who plays in the east mids counties div a few others of a good standard ... But the league ignored us and put us in the bottom division.
It's not always down to team deception.
We are still doing ok in 4 and would hold our own in 2 or 3... But wish the league had listened more. (not having a dig, Gordon..just saying)
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeFri 11 Nov 2011, 10:58 pm

As Red Arrow you finished 2009-2010 season 11th out of 13 teams in Division 5 which in that season was the lowest division. That hardly justifies a promotion of 3 divisions on the basis of what might be.

I accept you had a good season in Division 6 in 2010-2011 but even that looked doubtful in the early days - a particular evening hosting myself and Hat and Beaver springs to mind. Also there is little need for me to dwell too long on the fact that all the void results were to your considerable advantage

Nevertheless your players turned things round and were duly rewarded for winning D6 with a double promotion to D4. You may well hold your own in D2 and D3 - perhaps time will tell. Question

Back to top Go down
browny15lfc

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 8:26 am

Haha over defensive there eh Gordon. however, if the bottom team in 7 tell you that all of the ex scraptoft garage players have signed for them, it would be worth thinking about their league placing for the next season.

Hat and Beaver when we scraped 11 men together on a midweek game at the start of the season, is hardly relevant. I have often come a cropper at the hands of dawns beaver.

And 2 void games where teams played ringers and cheated, got found out and were forced to replay the matches... We then comfortably beat their proper team. Hardy our fault.

This league is so defensive if anyone makes a slight comment. I wasn't even having a go. I would always take winning the bottom division over struggling in 2. I was just commenting incase hellboys pot hunters thing was being aimed at us when like you said, we used to be crap and never asked to be put in the bottom tier last year
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 11:57 am

i think its you being defensive Mr Brown, the facts as stated by Gordon are very true and there is no logic whatsoever in promoting a team 3 divisions. even promoting a team 2 divisions is quite rare and discussed at length beforehand.

fair play if you say to the league you are equipped with very good players, but just say you got put in div 3 and then these players failed to materialise or didn't play regular? then you run the risk of being out of your depth with players not equipped to cope - Trinderbox spring to mind.

far better to go the other way and work your way through the divisions rather than being placed highly and then struggling - thats how clubs fold.

Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 12:00 pm

div 5 table also updated to reflect CSKAs win on Weds night
Back to top Go down
browny15lfc

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 5:37 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
i think its you being defensive Mr Brown, the facts as stated by Gordon are very true and there is no logic whatsoever in promoting a team 3 divisions. even promoting a team 2 divisions is quite rare and discussed at length beforehand.

fair play if you say to the league you are equipped with very good players, but just say you got put in div 3 and then these players failed to materialise or didn't play regular? then you run the risk of being out of your depth with players not equipped to cope - Trinderbox spring to mind.

far better to go the other way and work your way through the divisions rather than being placed highly and then struggling - thats how clubs fold.

You are missing my point. I liked being in the bottom league! I would have been happy to have only gone up one division too... It wasn't a dig at the league but a defence incase the pot hunter thing got thrown our way, that's all xx
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 9:57 pm

The morning after a big Leicester Mercury write up. Oh dear Embarassed
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 10:15 pm

Polska legend II wrote:

agreed. us being a typical example. had a good side last year few players left the club and a few got injured now we're struggling to hold our own
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 12:18 pm

Gordon wrote:

funny as....

No How embarrassing for the forum, what a terrible business of affairs he is.
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 1:06 pm

Gordon wrote:

ZING!
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeTue 15 Nov 2011, 11:35 am

Widds wrote:

i think you slightly missed the point, div 6 winners up 2, div 5 winners and runners up also up 2, div 4 winners up 1, div 3 winners and runners up also up 2, can you see the odd one out ?

very fishy i would say and i think this seasons results prove the point made
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeTue 15 Nov 2011, 1:03 pm

rocket ledge wrote:
Widds wrote:

i think you slightly missed the point, div 6 winners up 2, div 5 winners and runners up also up 2, div 4 winners up 1, div 3 winners and runners up also up 2, can you see the odd one out ?

lol, all summer we asked for Div 2, said in pre season that Div 3 is rock solid, Can't wait to see the results in the Fosters to prove the point that Div 3 has more strength in depth, trust me, I didn't want to be in Div 3, ha ha ha.

But I do see your point.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeTue 15 Nov 2011, 1:26 pm

rocket ledge wrote:
Widds wrote:

not sure i follow - NRI will be top 4 finish in div 3 i reckon, so doesn't that make them in the correct division?
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeTue 15 Nov 2011, 3:10 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
rocket ledge wrote:
Widds wrote:

not sure i follow - NRI will be top 4 finish in div 3 i reckon, so doesn't that make them in the correct division?

im not really making a statement about what division nri are in, the point i am making is about widds 1st 2 lines of his original post, he makes the point of everyone being badly opinionated towards his team, when in fact the original points being made were about teams winning nothing (coming 2nd) and being bounced up 2 divisions, that happened from division 5 and division 3, either side of division 4 where the champions of that division (won by quite a distance to) went up 1 league, never mind the runners up, i hope this spells things out a bit more clearly
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeTue 15 Nov 2011, 8:21 pm

got it
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeTue 15 Nov 2011, 9:16 pm

rocket ledge wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
rocket ledge wrote:
Widds wrote:

im not really making a statement about what division nri are in, the point i am making is about widds 1st 2 lines of his original post, he makes the point of everyone being badly opinionated towards his team, when in fact the original points being made were about teams winning nothing (coming 2nd) and being bounced up 2 divisions, that happened from division 5 and division 3, either side of division 4 where the champions of that division (won by quite a distance to) went up 1 league, never mind the runners up, i hope this spells things out a bit more clearly

My point was that a lot of people said we shouldnt have been in Div 3 and it was unfair.....but so far, after getting thumped in one game, drawing against one of the bottom sides and i think drawing three games so far, we are probably looking at being mid table, so surely that proves we are in the correct division....

Which results are you referring too when you say prove a point? Drew with Magna, we were 3-0 down against Huncote and nabbed a draw, drew 4-4 with AC Wigston, lost 6-2 againts Reem Team....i would say we are competing in the division....which surely is what you want? If you put teams above their current level, then thats when they get drilled every week and teams fold. Just because Saff went up two divs doesnt mean another team should. You look at their players signed on, their results over a season against other teams etc etc....anyway, my main point was that we are in the correct division, our results prove that. I am fairly certain that in addition to Magna Town, Huncote (Bakers Arms last year) will be above us after this weekend....but hey ho.....each to their own opinion, personally, delighted with this division, know a few of the lads from the other teams, have great banter and enjoy the craic, and its very tight....
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeTue 15 Nov 2011, 9:19 pm

rocket ledge wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
rocket ledge wrote:
Widds wrote:

Sorry bud, just read it back, i didnt say everyone was badly opinionated, just said that i thought those who said we were in the wrong division were of the incorrect opinion....and i still stand by that....
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011, 10:14 am

Widds wrote:
rocket ledge wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
rocket ledge wrote:
Widds wrote:

Sorry bud, just read it back, i didnt say everyone was badly opinionated, just said that i thought those who said we were in the wrong division were of the incorrect opinion....and i still stand by that....

i dont mind what you type, you have to stand your ground and protect your club when you feel it is being attacked, even if it is not being attacked at the time lol
Back to top Go down
Giggsisgod

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011, 2:52 pm

Rocket ledge???? Do you still run your " school of vollying and lyrics" ????
Back to top Go down
rocket ledge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2011, 11:12 am

Giggsisgod wrote:
Rocket ledge???? Do you still run your " school of vollying and lyrics" ????

most definitely, me and marvell had a little contest before saff lounges saturday teams game, marvell banged in an 8 yard volley with his trainers on and started claiming to be the best volleyer (voyeur more like)

so i stood 25 yards from goal, shouted for the cross and smashed the f***** in with my shoes on, goodnight marvell

you should of been at training last night lad, chested the ball 25 yards out then smashed it, cracked the bar yeboski style, didnt go in but thats because of the astroturf bounce, if it was on grass the trajectory of a ball bouncing on grass would of definitely seen the ball spin into the net after the bounce

tony yeboah, you know how his goals used to go in, bar, bounce on line, net, his eyes always looked full of love juice though when celebrating his goals, he must of been a sausage jockey back in his native land, before he realised he could play football
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitimeFri 18 Nov 2011, 1:55 pm

rocket ledge wrote:
Widds wrote:
rocket ledge wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
rocket ledge wrote:
Widds wrote:

i dont mind what you type, you have to stand your ground and protect your club when you feel it is being attacked, even if it is not being attacked at the time lol

Fair play pal, cant knock that comment!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Very Tight Divisions this season   Very Tight Divisions this season Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Very Tight Divisions this season
Page 1 of 1