Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

County Cup semifinal draw

Go down 
+28
Corridor of Uncertainty
Dodgy
THE MAGICIAN
Gaz Throops Manager
super polska
ramon_II
dee_aitcho
Ripple The Net
sgoodman
Tomassi
Minty
Jean Claude Van Damme
John.J.Rambo
Piemasterflash
Doc Brown
reffinghell
Sparky
gattuso
riley
Corby
phil_brown
Katie G
Gordon
Paulo
man in black
spartamoshdock
Aussie Owl
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

County Cup semifinal draw Empty
PostSubject: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jan 2010, 1:11 pm

Congratulations to all those teams who have made the County semis.

Why not watch the draw being made at Holmes Park? The bar will be open at 6.15 pm and the draw will take place about 30 minutes later.

Alternatively, listen to it on Radio Leicester.
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jan 2010, 7:29 pm

Is this tonight?

If so, any news yet?
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jan 2010, 7:41 pm

actually think its monday night
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jan 2010, 8:01 pm

It is tomorrow (Monday) night.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 8:47 am

Dennis- I cudnt see Sunbury United Vs Three Nuns on the results pages?

Has this been played? if not will both teams be in the hat for the semi finals tonight?

What time does coverage start on Radio Leicester? Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 8:53 am

Sunbury game still not played.

Coverage starts anytime after 6.45pm. It is simply the draw being made with no commentary.

Last edited by Assistant Secretary on Mon 25 Jan 2010, 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 11:24 am

Thank Dennis- doesnt really matter who we get TBH gona be very tough, but sure everyone left in Sunday Trophy wil want to be paired with us!!

Do we find out where the Semi's will take place tonight as well?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 11:31 am

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
Thank Dennis- doesnt really matter who we get TBH gona be very tough, but sure everyone left in Sunday Trophy wil want to be paired with us!!

wouldnt say that to be fair. your obviously in the semi's for a reason and if we get drawn against you we certainly wont be taking it lightly. should be 2 good games coming up and hopefully a final for us! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 11:43 am

wafc wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:

wouldnt say that to be fair. your obviously in the semi's for a reason and if we get drawn against you we certainly wont be taking it lightly. should be 2 good games coming up and hopefully a final for us! Very Happy

We seem to well in cups for reason, beat some decent teams (only one alliance team in QPR), but we are all def looking forward to it, at the end of the day its 11 vs 11 and anything can happen now i think. I certainly would be tipping you to win it if i am honest! your scouting mission in our friendly against AC may come in handy after all Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 11:47 am

ha ha yeah i was thinking about that the other day! wouldnt put us as favorites though as both sunbry and 3 nuns have beat us this season and in pre season respectivly. so id say the favorite will come from the winners of that tie. although like you say its 11 v 11 and anything could happen. all the best in the semi's anyway as long as you dont get us that is! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 11:50 am

wafc wrote:
ha ha yeah i was thinking about that the other day! wouldnt put us as favorites though as both sunbry and 3 nuns have beat us this season and in pre season respectivly. so id say the favorite will come from the winners of that tie. although like you say its 11 v 11 and anything could happen. all the best in the semi's anyway as long as you dont get us that is! Very Happy

Likewise mate! i know who to come to if we need info on three nuns or sunbury Cool
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 11:51 am

Paulo_MTFC wrote:

My understanding is the County FA have decided, with the exception of the Sunday Premier Cup, and the Senior Saturday Competitions, that semi finals will be played on the ground of the first named club in the draw.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 11:56 am

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
wafc wrote:

Likewise mate! i know who to come to if we need info on three nuns or sunbury Cool

no worries pal cant help you with countesthorpe though as we havent played them yet. dont get me wrong both sunbury and 3 nuns are beateble if your organised against sunbury and up for a bit of a scrap against 3 nunns! more info for you after the draw though.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 11:58 am

Gordon wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:

My understanding is the County FA have decided, with the exception of the Sunday Premier Cup, and the Senior Saturday Competitions, that semi finals will be played on the ground of the first named club in the draw.

Its supposed to be the biggest competition in Leicestershire yet cant provide neutral grounds! The Alliance Cups have them for their semi finals, very disappointed if this is true!
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 1:05 pm

Do you have a reason from the County FA for this decision Gordon?
Back to top Go down
phil_brown

phil_brown

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 1:46 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
Gordon wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:

Its supposed to be the biggest competition in Leicestershire yet cant provide neutral grounds! The Alliance Cups have them for their semi finals, very disappointed if this is true!

I don't think they will do this.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 2:11 pm

No decision has yet been announced by County FA but I expect such an announcement to confirm Gordon's understanding.

Thanks to the growth in youth and girls football, there are now 31 County Competitions and it would be next to impossible to find 62 available grounds. All 62 clubs hosting a county semifinal would not be able to play a league game and with the current fixture backlog that would also be unacceptable.

Incidentally, my earlier post about watching the draw live at Holmes Park is still possible, but the bar will not be open as it has been in previous years.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 2:40 pm

Assistant Secretary wrote:
No decision has yet been announced by County FA but I expect such an announcement to confirm Gordon's understanding.

Thanks to the growth in youth and girls football, there are now 31 County Competitions and it would be next to impossible to find 62 available grounds. All 62 clubs hosting a county semifinal would not be able to play a league game and with the current fixture backlog that would also be unacceptable.

Incidentally, my earlier post about watching the draw live at Holmes Park is still possible, but the bar will not be open as it has been in previous years.

I appreciate this Dennis however it is difficult to know how the FA can have leverage over the Alliance now, if the Alliance do have to organise neutral grounds for their cup competitions, admittedly the task is smaller, however, James etc needs to ensure clubs arent playing on these 'neutral' pitches i.e. LM United for Magna Vs Humbo and MDH Knights for Sparta Vs Trinderbox in last years Stokes.

I just do not see how Uplands Park or Rushy Fields (Sunbury's ground) for example is a fitting venue for a Coutny Cup semi final- especially as this is a match that has had to be pushed through taking very high priority- making life very difficult for the entire Alliance Committee in organsing their own competitions! I understand this is out of the Leagues hands, just I am sure with everyone still involved in the semi finals the shine has been taken off slightly by this information
Back to top Go down
Corby

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 6:53 pm

I totally agree that our pitch isn't fit for a semi final however if we get past Three Nuns then we'll be at home to Countesthorpe. Western are at home also (I think!)
Back to top Go down
riley

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 6:56 pm

yeh away at western for us!!! looking forward to it
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 6:59 pm

sileby ath v sporting wigston....
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 7:07 pm

Sparta Moshdock v Baloonatics

1. Horsewell Lane is certainly not fit to host a Semi!

2. Does anyone know anything at all about Baloonatics?
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 7:12 pm

spartamoshdock wrote:

few of lutterworth ath ( sat) play for them mate ,
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 7:19 pm

Does that make them anygood?
Back to top Go down
Sparky

Sparky

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 7:26 pm

gattuso wrote:

Both very good sides, winner takes the cup imo
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 7:32 pm

Sparky wrote:
gattuso wrote:

will be tough but i think we can do them
Back to top Go down
reffinghell

reffinghell

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 7:34 pm

spartamoshdock wrote:

I did a friendly involving Baloonatics at the start of the season and they were very good,full of good young lads,from the lutterworth area,if i remember rightly a lot of them play for lutterworth athletic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 10:37 pm

riley wrote:

dont like the fact that you dont get a neutral ground for a county semi but i suppose if it was going to be anywhere else then id want it at our place so under the circumstances im happy with the draw!, and hopefully will be a good game with the wally's making the final Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 10:38 pm

also anyone got any info on magna? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Doc Brown

Doc Brown

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan 2010, 11:19 pm

wafc wrote:
also anyone got any info on magna? Very Happy

Yeah, they're boring

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Piemasterflash

Piemasterflash

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 6:50 am

gattuso wrote:
Sparky wrote:
gattuso wrote:

will be tough but i think we can do them

We beat swannington 2-1 (second in their div) and we were awful that day! We smashed ashby railway on sunday and we were poor! Sileby will be a decent game but to be fair the standard in the charnwood league is very poor in comparison to the alliance!
Back to top Go down
http://www.teamstats.net/sportingwigston
riley

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 7:47 am

any info on western??? i know all about tim glenn from sparta last year so im hoping he'll be getting smashed the night before
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 8:33 am

wafc wrote:
riley wrote:

dont like the fact that you dont get a neutral ground for a county semi but i suppose if it was going to be anywhere else then id want it at our place so under the circumstances im happy with the draw!, and hopefully will be a good game with the wally's making the final Cool

also anyone got any info on magna?

If i am honest i wanted an away draw as we tend to struggle at Uplands- so got to be happy it think. Which pitch do you play on wafc?

Think it will be a good game, not played Western since Borough Alliance days, so be good to test ourselves against the league above, as we have not done this yet (beating div 3 teams from leicester sunday league, charnwood and hinckley league on the way!)
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 9:42 am

Change of date for County semifinals - See Breaking News on

www.alliancefootballleague.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 10:13 am

Dennis, the news item says 14th Jan- should say Feb

Western/Magna.....to be played on 21st feb
Back to top Go down
John.J.Rambo

John.J.Rambo

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 1:36 pm

MT Sec wrote:
Dennis, the news item says 14th Jan- should say Feb

Western/Magna.....to be played on 21st feb

I see magna are still trying there hardest to shake their "boring" tag!
Back to top Go down
Jean Claude Van Damme

Jean Claude Van Damme

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 5:14 pm

They can shake all they like, will always be incredibly boring with a capital "B"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 5:28 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
wafc wrote:
riley wrote:

also anyone got any info on magna?

If i am honest i wanted an away draw as we tend to struggle at Uplands- so got to be happy it think. Which pitch do you play on wafc?

Think it will be a good game, not played Western since Borough Alliance days, so be good to test ourselves against the league above, as we have not done this yet (beating div 3 teams from leicester sunday league, charnwood and hinckley league on the way!)

were on the second pitch without the bars around it. not a bad pitch really nice and wide with a decent surface although it is on a slight hill. i wouldnt expect to see too many familiar faces from your borough alliance days as we have a dfferent players now. should be a good game though pal and were looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 5:29 pm

riley wrote:
any info on western??? i know all about tim glenn from sparta last year so im hoping he'll be getting smashed the night before

me too as he tends to score more when he is half cut from the night before, inbetween throwing up behind the changing rooms that is Laughing
Back to top Go down
riley

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan 2010, 9:26 pm

wafc wrote:
riley wrote:

me too as he tends to score more when he is half cut from the night before, inbetween throwing up behind the changing rooms that is Laughing

haha i mite av 2 send him a msg and get him down stilletto's the night before hopefully he wont leave the place Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: County Cup semifinal draw   County Cup semifinal draw Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

County Cup semifinal draw
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next