Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

How was your preseason?

Go down 
+16
THE MAGICIAN
Stroller
talbotkeeper
greeeedy
spartamoshdock
Hairy Hebrew!
LoneRanger38
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Blackie
Paulo
Widds
Polska legend II
NiffyA
Sneijder10
Skeems
Jimmyb
20 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

How was your preseason? Empty
PostSubject: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Aug 2011, 12:48 pm

Fancied finding out how well everyone thinks they've done in the build up to the new season. Do you still have have the same expectations for the season as you had before a ball was kicked? Or have your results shown you to be not quite as strong as you thought you would be? Have you already got the league in the bag or are you resigned to battling bravely against delegation?

At Fosse I organised quite a difficult preseason campaign in which we have had a bit of 'a mixed bag' of results:

Bullshead (prem) won 3-1
Perrin (prem) lost 4-2
CPR (5?) drew 1-1
Throops (1) lost 2-0
Glenfield (prem) won 6-5
Kaffir (3) won 6-4
Leicester Tiles (sat prem) lost 4-0
Magna Town (3) drew 2-2
Magna Rangers (prem) lost 5-2

We upset a few premiership teams but also had some woeful performances against lower league opposition. Most of our best stuff was played in the first few games. We struggled quite badly in the more recent matches. I'm less confident now than I was before preseason and think top 2 might be out of our reach.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Aug 2011, 12:57 pm

Alliance FC (LSL Div 4) won 14-2
Harrow (Div 5) won 4-0
Fleckney Ath (Div 2) drew 3-3
Crows Nest (LSL Prem) drew 3-3
Huncote (was Bakers Arms) (Div 3) won 3-1
Fosse Div 2 won 5-2

Unbeaten so far and you got to be happy with that. I think the most satisfying part for us is the youth that has come through from Magna 73 U18s side last season. Players such as Cartwright, Lance Bryan, Danny Baines and Halford Fryatt-Hunt have done really well. Some of our most senior players have been missing during that time especially against the Crowies were we had an average age of 18!!

Thing is with Magna sides, certainly this one! is that when we play opposition that are supposedly 'inferior' to us, we simply don't perform - case in point Fleckney Athletic, but against teams like the Crowies when our backs are up against the wall, we put in a great performance.

Still a couple of more friendlies to go and then its Prem Sports.

Back to top Go down
Sneijder10

Sneijder10

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Aug 2011, 1:01 pm

Azul Zorros

White Eagles lost 3-1
Inter Mivan won 9-3
AFC Bees Knees lost 2-1
Desford Utd Drew 2-2
Athletic Sportsman drew 3-3
Spinney Rovers won 3-2
Horse lost 5-3
Office Update drew 1-1
Pollards Crusaders won 2-1
Wigston Rangers won 4-1

Still got 2 potential friendlies to play, I think we have done well against some good teams in pre season and probably played worse against the lesser sides. We have a new confidence in the camp and I think we can look forward to a good season this year
Back to top Go down
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Aug 2011, 1:05 pm

Niffy A 3 v 3 Wigston Rangers
Niffy XI(mix of ressies and 1st team) 4 v 6 Niffy A
Niffy A 6 v 0 FC City of Leicester
Niffy A 6 v 2 Firs OB
Niffy A 2 v 1 Thurmaston 2011
Niffy A 4 v 2 Global Athletic
Niffy A 4 v 2 Fairfield Utd
AFC Royal Oak 1 v 2 Niffy A
Niffy A 0 v 5 Kaffir

Not a bad pre-season only lost 1 to a very strong div 3 team. That's in now for pre-season - 2 weeks rest for the season to start.

Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Aug 2011, 1:31 pm

HARBOROUGH HOTSHOTS 3 POLSKA 2
NIFFY RANGERS RESERVES 1 POLSKA 1
LEICESTER BHARAT TALBOT 4 POLSKA 1
DEMONTFORT UNIVERSITY 0 POLSKA 8
POLSKA 9 AYLESTONE LOUNGE BAR 4
NRI RES 4 POLSKA 2

P6 W2 D1 L3 F23 A16

Mixed bag of results but all very dependent on who plays and who is missing (which is the same for everyone). Made a few signings, learnt plenty and much more of an idea this season compared to last year as to who the starting 11 will be etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Aug 2011, 1:56 pm

Cant remember our scores, but i think as follows:

Beat White Eagles, Superfly, Sileby and lost to Bullshead then drew against Moshdock and Birstall.

To be fair, our pre-season has been a weird one, started our first two games with about 19 players which led to us creating the reserves. Having to keep everyone happy was a tough job and one for a Mathematician rather than a Magician! We have had players missing for a couple and lost a lot of fluidity in the team with our passing game. Against Moshdock for about 40 minutes we played like we can, putting the effort in, moving the ball and looking like we were getting back into it. By all accounts we played very well this Sunday.
Still not had our full squad available for any friendly, but i think when we do, we will give most teams a game this year.
Hoping for top four, maybe promotion and would like to get to the cup final in one cup, and draw Advance Couriers in the league cup...
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Aug 2011, 2:14 pm

Magna Town

W vs Hat & Beaver (6) 6-2
W vs LDA Spartans (5) 5-1
D vs Fosse City (2) 2-2
D vs Sparta Moshdock (Prem) 2-2

Undefeated so happy with that, this year wanted to make sure we had a progressive set of fixtures with yesterday being our toughest test, Moshdock move the ball very well regardless of what team they have. Personally think we will finish mid table, we have a very very tough opening 5 games gona have to play well otherwise cud find ourselves bottom!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Aug 2011, 4:57 pm

Birstall Rangers

v Gate Hangs Well won 2-1
v NRI drew 3-3
v Beaumont Town drew 4-4
v St. Marks won 5-0
v Piper United won 5-2

Decent pre-season for us. Lost a couple of players from last year but signed 4 new quality players for this season (although one of them broke a bone in his hand against NRI and is out til November!)
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Aug 2011, 5:04 pm

Wigston Rangers, definitely had a few games more than we should have, results improved towards the end, think we should be contenders for division 7.

v Little Bowden L 2-3
v Niffy 'A D 3-3
v Thurmaston 2011 L 1-3
v FCCOL L 4-5
v Inter Mivan D 3-3
v Sileby L 7-1
v Aylestone Lounge L 6-1
v Afc Royal Oak W 8-1
v NRI L 4-1
v St. Marks W 2-1
v Thurmaston 2011 W 3-1
v Little Bowden W 7-1
v Azul Zorros L 4-1 would have been alot closer had we not collapsed after 135 minutes of football.

Overall it went well I think I am missing a win early on against someone, not so sure though.
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Aug 2011, 5:14 pm

Blackie wrote:
Birstall Rangers

v Gate Hangs Well won 2-1
v NRI drew 3-3
v Beaumont Town drew 4-4
v St. Marks won 5-0
v Piper United won 5-2

Decent pre-season for us. Lost a couple of players from last year but signed 4 new quality players for this season (although one of them broke a bone in his hand against NRI and is out til November!)
one of them being me blackie lol
Back to top Go down
http://Db_landscapes@live.co.uk
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Aug 2011, 5:26 pm

dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:
Wigston Rangers, definitely had a few games more than we should have, results improved towards the end, think we should be contenders for division 7.

v Little Bowden L 2-3
v Niffy 'A D 3-3
v Thurmaston 2011 L 1-3
v FCCOL L 4-5
v Inter Mivan D 3-3
v Sileby L 7-1
v Aylestone Lounge L 6-1
v Afc Royal Oak W 8-1
v NRI L 4-1
v St. Marks W 2-1
v Thurmaston 2011 W 3-1
v Little Bowden W 7-1
v Azul Zorros L 4-1 would have been alot closer had we not collapsed after 135 minutes of football.

Overall it went well I think I am missing a win early on against someone, not so sure though.

Theres another afc royal oak? Id of remembered a drubbing like that if it was us :-/
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Aug 2011, 5:49 pm

Too right Daz!

You, John, Scotty and Ryan have all been quality in pre-season mate.
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011, 10:14 am

Sparta Moshdock

DME - Lost - 3-2
North Kilworth - Won - 6-3
NRI - Drew - 2-2
Magna Town - Drew 2-2

We've had a very poor pre-season and not played anywhere near our best. Struggled badly to get a full side out for any of the friendlies due to various injuries, holidays and work commitements. No excuses though, we need to step up our game massively for Scrappy come the start of the season!
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011, 11:48 am

spartamoshdock wrote:
Sparta Moshdock

DME - Lost - 3-2
North Kilworth - Won - 6-3
NRI - Drew - 2-2
Magna Town - Drew 2-2

We've had a very poor pre-season and not played anywhere near our best. Struggled badly to get a full side out for any of the friendlies due to various injuries, holidays and work commitements. No excuses though, we need to step up our game massively for Scrappy come the start of the season!

im fairly sure scrappy wont be a part of it this season so u may well have the first week off Wink
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011, 12:26 pm

I've heard these rumours doing the rounds. In all seriousness, is it likely they won't make it then?
Back to top Go down
talbotkeeper
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
talbotkeeper

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011, 12:31 pm

LB Talbot

leicester bharat won 1-0
polska won 4-1
hotshots 4-4
office update 4-0

we played some good stuff and looking strong going forward gonnba be a hard season but think we can upset the fav 4 birstall; hoskins; nri; and kilworth
Back to top Go down
Stroller
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Stroller

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011, 12:40 pm

Throops Drew 2-2
Kirby Drew 2-2
Bakers Arms Drew 4-4
Oadby Owls Won 3-1
Kirby Drew 1-1

Unbeaten so far but only one win so could be better, could be worse. With a high volume of players most games have seen numerous changes throughout the 90 minutes with many players filling a variety of positions. This isn't ideal in terms of continuity but everybody needs to be given a fair run out to stake their claim for a starting place.

2 more games to go
Tonight versus Fire Service
Sunday versus FC Alliance
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011, 1:44 pm

Stroller wrote:
Throops Drew 2-2
Kirby Drew 2-2
Bakers Arms Drew 4-4
Oadby Owls Won 3-1
Kirby Drew 1-1

Unbeaten so far but only one win so could be better, could be worse. With a high volume of players most games have seen numerous changes throughout the 90 minutes with many players filling a variety of positions. This isn't ideal in terms of continuity but everybody needs to be given a fair run out to stake their claim for a starting place.

2 more games to go
Tonight versus Fire Service
Sunday versus FC Alliance

you should smash fc alliance they are woeful im sure magna spanked em for about 15 or somet..........anyhow ill predict double figures Wink

Last edited by greeeedy on Tue 23 Aug 2011, 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011, 1:46 pm

talbotkeeper wrote:
LB Talbot

leicester bharat won 1-0
polska won 4-1
hotshots 4-4
office update 4-0

we played some good stuff and looking strong going forward gonnba be a hard season but think we can upset the fav 4 birstall; hoskins; nri; and kilworth

hoskins ressies are gonna have a side i know that for sure and will be worthy of div 1/2 status so work cut out for you but all the best
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011, 1:48 pm

spartamoshdock wrote:
I've heard these rumours doing the rounds. In all seriousness, is it likely they won't make it then?

what i know for sure is we are in talks to bring ash and luke day to us along with stacy coore and all 3 have said to me they are definately folding so im guessing the rumours are true
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011, 2:32 pm

Oh, fair enough.....and your squad just keeps going from strength to strength!
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011, 2:38 pm

spartamoshdock wrote:

we hope to compete for the league this year so a few extra quality players will stand us in good stead hopefully.
we need some extra quality at the back as we let in far to many goals last season going forward i think we have the quality to challenge but u need to balance that with a solid defence and hopefully we can this season should be a good close tight league for us all
good luck chap
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011, 3:21 pm

greeeedy wrote:
spartamoshdock wrote:

what i know for sure is we are in talks to bring ash and luke day to us along with stacy coore and all 3 have said to me they are definately folding so im guessing the rumours are true

Get those bad boyz signed up asap greeeedy, so we don't have to play against them next wednesday when we take on Aylestone lounge if nothing else, lol.

In all seriousness, I think you have every chance this season anyway, with these being added to the squad then you will only get better.
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011, 3:26 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
greeeedy wrote:
spartamoshdock wrote:

Get those bad boyz signed up asap greeeedy, so we don't have to play against them next wednesday when we take on Aylestone lounge if nothing else, lol.

In all seriousness, I think you have every chance this season anyway, with these being added to the squad then you will only get better.

they are not definate signings as of yet but like i say we are trying to get them. cheers malc hopefully with a bit of consistency we should do ok.

Last edited by greeeedy on Tue 23 Aug 2011, 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mivan are going up

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011, 4:19 pm

Mivan!!

V QPR - Won 3-1
V White Eagles - Lost 5-4
V COL - Won 4-3
V Azul Zorros - Lost 9-3
V QPR - Won 4-1
V Wigston Rangers - Drew 3-3
V LDA Spartans - Lost 5-1
V Royal Oak - Lost 3-0
V Superfly - Drew 0-0

Think its fair to say we have improved a hell of alot since last season and might start enjoying our football this year! Not the greatest pre season but then again we have won games, which is a big step forward! Bring on the season!
Back to top Go down
Hairy Hebrew!
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
Hairy Hebrew!

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011, 11:58 pm

Afc Royal Oak pre season results:
Office update W 1-0
Afc bees knees L 4-2
Cska sporting W 5-3
Inter mivan W 3-0
Niffy A L 2-1

Very happy with our performances especially the Niffy game although we lost. Team looks to be gelling smoothly with a few new and old faces back. Grudge match this Sunday against oadby owls as last week had to postpone. lets just hope there gentle with us
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug 2011, 12:56 am

Hairy Hebrew! wrote:
dan_mitchell_WRFC wrote:

v Little Bowden L 2-3
v Niffy 'A D 3-3
v Thurmaston 2011 L 1-3
v FCCOL L 4-5
v Inter Mivan D 3-3
v Sileby L 7-1
v Aylestone Lounge L 6-1
v Afc Royal Oak W 8-1
v NRI L 4-1
v St. Marks W 2-1
v Thurmaston 2011 W 3-1
v Little Bowden W 7-1

Theres another afc royal oak? Id of remembered a drubbing like that if it was us :-/

My Bad meant Firs Old Boys.
Back to top Go down
oily
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug 2011, 12:58 pm

Webbys.
Only had 2 games winning 3-1 at harboro hotshots
And losing 5-1 to a very good throops.
Had trouble getting a side out due to other comitments got
one final game sunday.
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2011, 3:49 pm

Blackie wrote:
Too right Daz!

You on the Subs bench now then Blackie, lol.
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2011, 3:51 pm

greeeedy wrote:
spartamoshdock wrote:

we hope to compete for the league this year so a few extra quality players will stand us in good stead hopefully.
we need some extra quality at the back as we let in far to many goals last season going forward i think we have the quality to challenge but u need to balance that with a solid defence and hopefully we can this season should be a good close tight league for us all
good luck chap

Do you have any spare quality that fancy mucking out in Div 5
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2011, 4:27 pm

Harrow_Veteran wrote:
greeeedy wrote:
spartamoshdock wrote:

good luck chap

Do you have any spare quality that fancy mucking out in Div 5

i might help out if theres a starting place and a few beers in it for me fieldy Laughing
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2011, 6:23 pm

Harrow_Veteran wrote:
Blackie wrote:
Too right Daz!

I was seriously worried about it Fieldy!!

Had to up my game in pre-season (and at 42, thats never easy!)

And as I keep telling the manager, you can't win anything with just kids!! Lol
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Aug 2011, 8:17 pm

Blackie wrote:
Harrow_Veteran wrote:
Blackie wrote:
Too right Daz!

Dont think blackie has anything to worry about.i bet hes one of the best 42 yr olds around still playing i rate him alot
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 10:52 am

LoneRanger38 wrote:
Blackie wrote:
Harrow_Veteran wrote:
Blackie wrote:
Too right Daz!

Dont think blackie has anything to worry about.i bet hes one of the best 42 yr olds around still playing i rate him alot

Can I be one of the best 43 year olds then, lol
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeFri 26 Aug 2011, 2:25 pm

Harrow_Veteran wrote:
LoneRanger38 wrote:
Blackie wrote:
Harrow_Veteran wrote:
Blackie wrote:
Too right Daz!

Can I be one of the best 43 year olds then, lol
So they tell me lol
Back to top Go down
konkey b rangers

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 6:41 pm

Great pre season for us (Birstall Rangers) think the squad has a real chance of winning things as long as we are consistant all season and keep cofident. Everyone has improved vastley and the new players are a great addition to our squad!! Blackie i dont think anyone younger than u could read the game like u and anyone older would not be fit enough i am well impressed. daz u are a goal machine mate you will be top goal scorer in our league no probs and others. Well done lads i cant wait for it to start now. OBO shutup
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitimeSat 27 Aug 2011, 7:42 pm

konkey b rangers wrote:
Great pre season for us (Birstall Rangers) think the squad has a real chance of winning things as long as we are consistant all season and keep cofident. Everyone has improved vastley and the new players are a great addition to our squad!! Blackie i dont think anyone younger than u could read the game like u and anyone older would not be fit enough i am well impressed. daz u are a goal machine mate you will be top goal scorer in our league no probs and others. Well done lads i cant wait for it to start now. OBO shutup

Cheers mate,ill do my best n put 100% every game mate its going to be a interesting season as like div 3 div 4 also has 4 or 5 teams that could win it..gonna be a tough physical season n i wish all teams all the best
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How was your preseason?   How was your preseason? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How was your preseason?
Page 1 of 1