Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

team of the season

Go down 
+16
Sneijder10
Wayne - NRFC RTM
THE MAGICIAN
Pete Mourinho
Jim royle
NiffyA
Paulo
Throops No.1 Supporter
mowmacre fc
spartano1
Skeems
Widds
Throop Boss
AHC
Alan Partridge
greeeedy
20 posters
AuthorMessage
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeSun 01 May 2011, 4:43 pm

now for the majority of clubs the season has come to an end whos everyones choice for team of the season?
will it be winners of cups, winners of leagues, teams that have previously struggled for a few years and have managed to silence the critics, or teams that have struggled yet managed to stay the course whats your views?
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeSun 01 May 2011, 4:50 pm

for me a few stand out

nri for the league and cup double
saffron lounge for the league and county cup double
star & garter for the county cup and maybe the league (altho not a definate yet) double
scrappy garage for obvious reasons not to mention the league and billy walton double
and advance for the arthur moore and if they are on form the county cup (altho not a certainty) double
inter mivan and wigston utd for carrying on when things are tough and getting beat every week
sparta moshdock for sterling performances all season
north kilworth for running riot in div 6 in 2011
us for holding our own in the prem

Back to top Go down
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeSun 01 May 2011, 4:56 pm

Div Two Team

Nick Wood - Sunbury

Jack Dunkley - Sunbury
Baz Palmer - Sunbury
Brett Palmer - Sunbury
Duane Martin - Throops

Danny Dunkley - Sunbury
Loz Perkins - Gutho
Matt Towers - Sunbury
Adam Tester - Throops

Michils Berson - Webbys
Jamie Barnett - Fosse
Back to top Go down
AHC

AHC

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeSun 01 May 2011, 5:03 pm

Alan Partridge wrote:
Div Two Team

Nick Wood - Sunbury

Jack Dunkley - Sunbury
Baz Palmer - Sunbury
Brett Palmer - Sunbury
Duane Martin - Throops ***

Danny Dunkley - Sunbury
Loz Perkins - Gutho
Matt Towers - Sunbury
Adam Tester - Throops ***

Michils Berson - Webbys
Jamie Barnett - Fosse

both good players and deserve to be in team but neither of them play in them positions!

Although its your team so i suppose you can stick them where you like!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Throop Boss

Throop Boss

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeSun 01 May 2011, 6:02 pm

No doughty? 22 goals from midfield?
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeSun 01 May 2011, 6:13 pm

I think for me its bullshead for going in at top level and having a pop, then sparta moshdock for getting to the prem. Also star and garter for winning against a good side from melton
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeSun 01 May 2011, 7:37 pm

I think Bulls Head Athletic for having a go at the Prem and finishing 4th, Sparta Moshdock for winning Div 1 as well, very impressive. NRI have been impressive and Bakers Arms, Blaby have been overlooked, very impressive for a squad who have struggled for years (They used to be LM United)
Back to top Go down
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeSun 01 May 2011, 8:39 pm

Throop Boss wrote:
I meant Doughty, not Tester. Who's your left back then? I meant him too!! Thought it was Duane for some reason
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeSun 01 May 2011, 10:44 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
I think Bulls Head Athletic for having a go at the Prem and finishing 4th, Sparta Moshdock for winning Div 1 as well, very impressive. NRI have been impressive and Bakers Arms, Blaby have been overlooked, very impressive for a squad who have struggled for years (They used to be LM United)

Yup, forgot about bakers because i don't know their past, but by all accounts some major progression from a great bunch of lads. Their attitude has been spot on and had a great bit of banter with them. Looking forward to a few beers with Pete, chewie and the rest at the presentation afternoon!
Back to top Go down
spartano1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeMon 02 May 2011, 8:14 am

my votes are:

throops for getting to billy walton final and thrashing Gt on the way
bullshead for not trying to pot hunt and went straight into the prem
inter mivan getting beat every week but still turned up with about 14 every game
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeMon 02 May 2011, 11:30 am

i would have to say star and garter my self goood season there having upto now 1 win from title aswell .
also bullies for making 4th in prem hope they can push for top 2 next season.
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeMon 02 May 2011, 12:49 pm

nice to see so many mention us (bullies) thanks but first u have to look at teams that have won a cup or a league we just held own dont get me wrong tho im proud of all the lads done ok for their first season and straight in at the deep end hopefully we'll be back for another crack next year
Back to top Go down
Throops No.1 Supporter

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeMon 02 May 2011, 9:51 pm

Alan Partridge wrote:
Throop Boss wrote:
I meant Doughty, not Tester. Who's your left back then? I meant him too!! Thought it was Duane for some reason

the tank daryl coleman lololol

no not really it's jordan marriott worthy replacement for the afore mentioned daryl big boots to fill and a rank arse as well
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeTue 03 May 2011, 8:57 am

Division 4 some thing like

Oscar Webb (Magna)

Liam Towers (Sparta)
Alex Mitchell (Beaumont)
Earl Murray (NRI)
Rams Mardoux (TGOD)

Chris Cooper (NRI)
Ben Murphy (Sparta)
Adam Dyke (Bakers)
Sam Spence (Desford)

Hogan Smith (Magna)
Jay Heighton (NRI)

Subs
Nathan Rutter (Sparta)
Rav Dhillon (Inter)
Dave Ilnicki (NRI)
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
NiffyA
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
NiffyA

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeTue 03 May 2011, 12:54 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:

Oscar Webb (Magna)

Liam Towers (Sparta)
Alex Mitchell (Beaumont)
Earl Murray (NRI)
Rams Mardoux (TGOD)

Chris Cooper (NRI)
Ben Murphy (Sparta)
Adam Dyke (Bakers)
Sam Spence (Desford)

Hogan Smith (Magna)
Jay Heighton (NRI)

Subs
Nathan Rutter (Sparta)
Rav Dhillon (Inter)
Dave Ilnicki (NRI)

Oh dear Paulo - Rutter doesn't play on the bench! hahaha
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeTue 03 May 2011, 1:00 pm

Haha he played quality against us but Hogan and Jay been best i have seen this season...sure u will find a place for him Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeTue 03 May 2011, 2:04 pm

I would have Jaz Munton in goal.......
Back to top Go down
Jim royle

Jim royle

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeTue 03 May 2011, 2:09 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
Haha he played quality against us but Hogan and Jay been best i have seen this season...sure u will find a place for him Very Happy

Thanks paulo!
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeTue 03 May 2011, 2:12 pm

Widds wrote:
I would have Jaz Munton in goal.......

Didnt want to offend you mate! however close ur goal scoring records are!!
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeTue 03 May 2011, 2:12 pm

Jim royle wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:

Thanks paulo!

I can say that as am pretty sure we were one of the only teams to keep a clean sheet against u boys Smile
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeTue 03 May 2011, 6:16 pm

Widds wrote:
Magna 73 Sec wrote:

Yup, forgot about bakers because i don't know their past, but by all accounts some major progression from a great bunch of lads. Their attitude has been spot on and had a great bit of banter with them. Looking forward to a few beers with Pete, chewie and the rest at the presentation afternoon!

More than looking forward to a few beers Laughing ........in terms of team of the season (in div 4). NRI have been outstanding and despite the undeserved tag of pothunters are worthy champions. We have over achieved big time as Kev says we have struggled for years and other than div 5 winners 10 years ago we have spent 12 years struggling.

However team of the year without a shadow of a doubt is INTER MIVAN so much respect for these guys to turn up in numbers week after week and try and play football in a division that was too good for them, no folding, no complaining and did not kick any one to bits. No one team in all 7 division deserves this title more
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeTue 03 May 2011, 9:02 pm

Totally agree LM SEC and in many posts before I have stated my up most RESPECT for that set of players from Inter Mivan continuing what must have been a bloody long season. Inter Mivan have my vote.
Back to top Go down
Wayne - NRFC RTM

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeWed 04 May 2011, 7:52 am

Paulo_MTFC wrote:

Oscar Webb (Magna)

Liam Towers (Sparta)
Alex Mitchell (Beaumont)
Earl Murray (NRI)
Rams Mardoux (TGOD)

Chris Cooper (NRI)
Ben Murphy (Sparta)
Adam Dyke (Bakers)
Sam Spence (Desford)

Hogan Smith (Magna)
Jay Heighton (NRI)

Subs
Nathan Rutter (Sparta)
Rav Dhillon (Inter)
Dave Ilnicki (NRI)

Oh dear Paulo - Rutter doesn't play on the bench! hahaha[quote]

No Niffy Reserve player in there at all surely not?! Dave Ilnicki best player in Division 4 in my opinion was superb on the opening day of the season then caused us no end of problems when he went up top in the reverse fixture. A hell of a lot of good players in the division not named, of the top of my head the lad up top for Phoenix Ryan, bees knees forward Roy/Ross, lad at Magna centre mid Elliott (i think). Bakers Arms centre half, Desford Right back really impressed me recently. From us (but i'm biased) Craig Horton (right wing/left wing) would walk in any Div4 side been superb, Mitch Ball Centre half, Daz Smith beast of a midfeilder, Goalkeeper Micky Steer top prospect only 21 still a bit to learn but some of the seaves he makes are unbelivable & Mark 'Bill' Bailey only played about 6/7 due to injury, never properly fit that lads class a genius.

Team of the season for me has to be New Road Inn walked league 4 and won the Stokes Cup - watch out Divison 2 - enjoyed both our games against them both tough physical battles. Massive respect for Bulls Head going in the Prem & competing. Wigston Utd for surviving with two teams that struggled (no offence meant I no how close we came to folding at 1 point with two of our teams going well)
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeWed 04 May 2011, 8:37 am

Wayne you might mean Eddy, short Albanian Magician

Bill would have been in the team but only played against him once

Ryan Ellingworth on the shortlist as well

I only named 14 rememeber, your right though a lot of good players
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog
Widds

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeWed 04 May 2011, 10:20 am

Whatever division we go in, we will have a good old pop Wayne and i appreciate the team of the season tag, but i think to say we walked the division is a bit unfair to the other teams...said it before, we beat Bakers by one goal in each game, lost to magna, beat magna by one goal (last min penno miss), lost to sparta, beat sparta by one goal, beat Niffy by one with a goal in last 5 mins, then a last minute equaliser in the reverse, beat phoenix by one goal, drew to AFC Beaumont, so i think we have won the league by really small margins.
Having said the above, appreciate LM Sec comments about undeserved pot hunter tags, thats been a massive issue to me after some of the comments we got early doors in the season, and having won two trophies i am sure some will still think that, but we got some of our best players after the constitution was drawn up and through contacts on here (god bless the forum!!), so no duping by us in what was a fantastic division.
I think if Niffy had held on to their lead against us it could have been a different story, they collapsed and left us and Bakers to compete.
Top work though by all!!
Back to top Go down
Sneijder10

Sneijder10

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeWed 04 May 2011, 2:19 pm

Personally i think teams like inter mivan and hood park rangers deserve a mention for not just folding after a few matches.

My choice of Div 5 players

GK:Ryan Dovey (Saff - played against him years ago, never a keeper then, but obv done a good job this year)

RB: Yella (Talbot - Good lad all round, has the banter and never gets the arse)

LB: Jack Withers (Birstall - at 18 has bags of ability, played with and against him a bit this season and rate him highly)

CB: Lewis MacDonald (AZ - slightly biased choice but at only 17 he is one of the best young defenders ive seen in years. Hope we can keep hold of him next year)

CB: Blain King (Saff - one of the best centre halfs i went up against this year)

CM: Danny Copp (Oadby - Stands out as their best player easily, defo can play at a higher level.)

CM: Blacky (Birstall - still keeps up with the young lads in the middle, obv a decent player when he was younger)

CM: Dave Kennedy (Sparta - Played against him a few years ago and he has defo improved, top lad aswell always gives u the time of day and enjoys the banter)

ST: Reece Morris (EFC - No matter how hard you try u cant knock the lil man off the ball, scored a fair few goals this year and at times probably won games on his own)

ST: Ash Keohane (Saff - knows where the onion bag is evidently with his tally for the season, Will more than likely hit the net regular in a higher league too)

ST:Shane Birt (AZ - again probably biased but even though we finished above the bottom 3 he still managed to net 18 goals, even by his own admission i think its safe to say we'll see more from him next season

Back to top Go down
somalianpirate

somalianpirate

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeWed 04 May 2011, 3:42 pm

hmmmm gotta disagree with a couple there, no MDH Knights players involved... there were quality when we played them this year
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeWed 04 May 2011, 3:43 pm

got to agree got some very good players
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeWed 04 May 2011, 4:46 pm

I don't think sneijder's picks are entirely on ability, a good assessment to be fair to him.

I think the Erhan (?) from EFC should be in there somewhere, and Saff's left winger - Robbie/Ronnie? Duane of Talbot gave us the runaround too.

MDH's players didn't really impress individually (some of their attitudes were quite the opposite) but good as a unit.
Back to top Go down
somalianpirate

somalianpirate

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeWed 04 May 2011, 4:48 pm

dont know Erhan but talbots Duane is a good player, quiet against the Harrow though a couple of weeks back..
Back to top Go down
saff lounge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeWed 04 May 2011, 5:05 pm

ryan rowley the fastest player in the division
Back to top Go down
talbotkeeper
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
talbotkeeper

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeWed 04 May 2011, 6:47 pm

Sparta3 wrote:
I don't think sneijder's picks are entirely on ability, a good assessment to be fair to him.

I think the Erhan (?) from EFC should be in there somewhere, and Saff's left winger - Robbie/Ronnie? Duane of Talbot gave us the runaround too.

MDH's players didn't really impress individually (some of their attitudes were quite the opposite) but good as a unit.

Erhan is a decent player but Efc manager plays his son most of the time instead of Erhan and yella left back as the best in div never sorry AZ
Back to top Go down
somalianpirate

somalianpirate

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitimeWed 04 May 2011, 6:51 pm

lol he came of at half time when harrow played u boys Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

team of the season Empty
PostSubject: Re: team of the season   team of the season Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

team of the season
Page 1 of 1