HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for Sunday 30 January

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mjsajs08

mjsajs08

Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 7:34 pm

The Inter Mivan Man wrote:
Inter Mivan 0-6 Nifty Rangers Reserves

Slow out the blocks today 2-0 down in five mins and we had to dig deep, we didn't create enough with the ball in first half but hung in there.

Second half let them get one early as we didn't deal with a free kick and the game was dead, we started to string some good passes together but last 15 mins it went from 3 to 6-0 as it became shooting practice! Nothing I could do about the goals which was frustrating.

Awful referring with no consistency and one of the worst red cards I have seen in my life even the Nifty boys said so.

Best of luck to Nifty they are a good bunch
thanx m8 was a pleasure playin u 2day. oh an thank the guy who took me out 4 the bruised ribs lol.
Back to top Go down
WEUR

WEUR

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 7:35 pm

Hellboy wrote:
WEUR wrote:
I'm a forest fan helly LOL

i was a west end fan Crying or Very sad ..........you gunna change ya username?

How do you do it?? Need to really but wasn't sure how Embarassed or do I just need to set up a new account???
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 8:08 pm

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Quote :
bullshead 4-2 magna 73 rangers

now for the game magna went 1-0 up from penalty in the 3rd minute after a poor poor decision by the ref think every one on the magna side agreed with that. we then got back in it to lead 2-1 at half time and thought we bossed it.
second half a great ball through saw magna level it at 2-2 bout 5 minutes in then thought we took control and played some good stuff took a while after some good defending from magna to go ahead 3-2 through a decent ebony volley then 10 mins from time mobbsy went trough 1 on 1 the keeper made the save but it rebounded in to the back of the net off mobbs then it was game over.
good bunch of lads at magna and a decent team that do try and play the right way never gave up and was an enjoyable game.
also have to say the young lad in the middle for them was class only bout 2 foot tall but damn that boy can certainly play
all the best for the future magna.

Some of the lads you boys have at your disposal are just ridiculous, the pitch today made good football impossible which badly affected the quality of the game.

Our penalty was very debatable to say the least, from where I was it looked like your defender took the ball. Pearson Mwanyongo is just silly, our left back to pieces in fact we spent half time untying him!!

I had to make a couple of saves before you equalised and you were playing much better at that time, There were no complaints when you eventually equalised.

Like you said, your extra quality just shone through in the end and you took a deserved win, I kinda bottled out of the last challenge with Mobbsy which I'm disappointed with but Pearson's finish for the 2nd goal and Ebonys volley were special goals.

5 defeats in a row for us now, this league is tough, but we will keep going even if we are relegated which is a distinct possibility

lol yeah pearson is different gravy when hes on form got more tricks than a magician just sometimes he listens to the lads on the side line and trys 1 too many now and again instead of releasing it a touch earlier but hes getting better every week and at just 18 he got some improving still to do which is frightening his finish was first class i have too agree missed ebony's second goal tho as was taking a quick butchers at the hoskins game Smile i just hope we can take some points of the big 3 when it comes to it happy tho the way things are going at the moment.
all the best for the season kev
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 8:53 pm

WEUR wrote:
New Road Inn wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
New Road Inn wrote:
Good win today on a bad pitch. Good ref today.
I have to say tho that i am absolutely furious at superfly who launched two completely unprovoked attacks on our corner flag. Never seen such complete disregard on a football pitch

did they break it?

Well first of all, one of their players ran up to it and kicked it at full pelt, straight out of the ground...unfortunately he meant to kick the ball as he was taking the corner. Then about ten mins later he ran at full pelt into the corner flag and took it out of the ground - extremely funny, and fair play to the lad who just got up and joined in the banter!

Top lads at Superfly and in the first fifteen of the second half they were all over us and but for a couple of poor finishes they could have pulled back into the game. Enjoyed it today in poor conditions - Uplands is struggling now!

Widds I tell u what I told my lads the open goal I missed was due to a bad bounce Embarassed lol anyhow oi thoroughly enjoyed the game today. Your a good bunch of lads, few hot heads though especially scouse and the lad at the back Surprised lol

We'll forget about the 5 yard miss and our special left winger with his little corner flag problem.

Overall i don't think the 5-1 score line gives us as much credit as we deserved.
We played some good football at times but also made some sloppy mistakes.
Nri will certainly be right up there at the end of the season.

No Clean sheet either Widds? No lol!

Looking forward to the return leg....
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 9:05 pm

I agree mate, thought you moved the ball about nicely.

The clean sheet - mate, played sunday footie for about 6 seasons and i reckon i only have about 10-15 in all that time, and considering the teams i have played for have always finished in top three of the division they were in, i reckon i must play in some good attacking teams!!!
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 9:08 pm

I think even with a 5-1 win we just didnt get started today n thats no disrespect to superfly as i think with a few more game together superfly will give any team in div 4 a good game,but if we can win 5-1 on a bad day plus have 3 goals disallowed because of a poor lino again no disrespect to superfly just an awful lino n awful decisions then just shows or strength n potential and with a rotated squad also today the bench was very strong alone
Back to top Go down
http://Db_landscapes@live.co.uk
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 9:09 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
I agree mate, thought you moved the ball about nicely.

The clean sheet - mate, played sunday footie for about 6 seasons and i reckon i only have about 10-15 in all that time, and considering the teams i have played for have always finished in top three of the division they were in, i reckon i must play in some good attacking teams!!!

Don't think the pitch helped, but then again it didn't help you lot either.
Can see in the top 3 come the end of the season no problem.

Were at home next week and our grounds even worse so not expecting a pritty game but hopefully 3 points to start climbing back up the table.
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 9:12 pm

Striker9 wrote:
I think even with a 5-1 win we just didnt get started today n thats no disrespect to superfly as i think with a few more game together superfly will give any team in div 4 a good game,but if we can win 5-1 on a bad day plus have 3 goals disallowed because of a poor lino again no disrespect to superfly just an awful lino n awful decisions then just shows or strength n potential and with a rotated squad also today the bench was very strong alone

I was lino first half!! lol
Yeah i hoping we'll have a strong team after a few more games, We were missing two key players today but no excuses you fully deserved the win.
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 9:14 pm

Harrow 1-3 Oadby Owls

Great game from our point of view, 100% up for it today, great commitment and have to say it was evenly matched in the first half, 2 great goals (1 from each side) and went in 1-1 at half time.

Second half was similar to the first for 5-10 minutes then we were reduced to 10 men, playing against Oadby with 11 is hard enough so thought we were on for a hiding but to be honest we could have gone 2-1 up except for a quality save from there keeper, we were then guilty of not finding the target from about 6 yards. Sloppy defending then left us 2 on 1 and they went 2-1 up with about 5 minutes to go, we then obviously all pushed up looking for equaliser and got caught out with only about 2 mins left.

Apart from the incident, the game in my opinion was played in a great spirit, all shook hands after, even with the local constabulary who came to cheer us off the pitch (I think).
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 9:16 pm

To be fair mate the three dissallowed goals were the last 25 mins of the game so wasnt u mate..2 of the goals were mine so as u can see a little unhappy as was not offside and even two of your defence agreed..good bunch of lads superfly though
Back to top Go down
http://Db_landscapes@live.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 9:19 pm

Joey Barton wrote:
Striker9 wrote:

I was lino first half!! lol
Yeah i hoping we'll have a strong team after a few more games, We were missing two key players today but no excuses you fully deserved the win.

Haha quality....

Good luck next week bud, glad you boys are sorted - best named team in our division!!!!
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 10:08 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Quote :
Shout out to Jay Heighton today, who is probably the second best striker after Jaz Munton in our division....bagged another brace and now top of the scoring charts i believe!

err No, Jaz Munton scored 2 for Good Old Days Neutral

Thats shocking....dont understand why TGOD are doing it....anyway, top scorer in our division is Jay Heighton - FACT!!!!

But Jaz Munton did score for The Good Old Days - I was there.
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 10:13 pm

The Superfly Lino ( 2nd half ) was a comedian...............END OF.

Wasn't vintage from NRI today, but an important win all the same.

I'm hoping Superfly use that Lino for the games against our rivals, lol.

Also, not sure what the name of our Ref was today but I thought he was a very good one.

Also, saw one of the best free kicks in sunday footy today, Andy ( Roberto Carlos ) Illinicki scored an absolute belter from 30 odd yards...

TAKE A BOW SON.........

Last edited by THE MAGICIAN on Sun 30 Jan 2011, 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 10:15 pm

Gordon wrote:
New Road Inn wrote:
Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Quote :
Shout out to Jay Heighton today, who is probably the second best striker after Jaz Munton in our division....bagged another brace and now top of the scoring charts i believe!

Thats shocking....dont understand why TGOD are doing it....anyway, top scorer in our division is Jay Heighton - FACT!!!!

Great stuff, he must be on about 3 now then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 10:18 pm

Gordon wrote:
New Road Inn wrote:
Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Quote :

maybe he scored one or both today, but he hasn't scored all the goals they claim he has and we know that's a fact! As far as i am concerned - and i would guess most teams in division four - he can be discounted from the scoring charts! Anyway, positive side, glad they got a team out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 10:29 pm

There seems to be a repetitive theme against referees in the postings today.

These comments have been cut and pasted from a selection in different threads.

I am sure you could all be a little more constructive in your comments .However if you would prefer not to have an appointed referee please let Dennis, Gordon, or Tommy know, for I am sure it can be arranged

Disapointed the ref bottled it today as he felt intimidated by kautos players but all good.

first off have to say the ref was diabolical today really was bad

after a poor poor decision by the ref

Awful referring with no consistency

Not unlucky, just a terrible terrible ref

another shocking decision today then

also nice of the ref not to show up

I know that you can do better, so will be looking for an improvement in the banter next Sunday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2011, 10:41 pm

Our ref was quality today, constantly talking to players and giving reasons for his decisions if they were contentious. Top drawer and big asset to the alliance refs. Name was rob, not sure of surname
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 12:03 am

Moderator wrote:

I am sure you could all be a little more constructive in your comments .However if you would prefer not to have an appointed referee please let Dennis, Gordon, or Tommy know, for I am sure it can be arranged

Disapointed the ref bottled it today as he felt intimidated by kautos players but all good.

I know that you can do better, so will be looking for an improvement in the banter next Sunday.

2 of them were mine but im only telling the truth we didnt give him grief or anything like that just an opinion on the forum from me at which i thought was justified after his performance im glad we got refs to do the job obviously even if in peoples opinion they weren't up to scratch nothing malicious meant by it. if someone put on here i was garbage then i would agree as i dint play Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 8:09 am

Moderator wrote:

not another week of ref bashing! wonder how many sides look at their own failings before blaming a ref. very few I'd say...
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 8:46 am

If you win, he's great........if you lose,######......the only one that would bug me, is the one where the ref doesn't turn up, very annoying on a cold Sundy morning, when there's perhaps 40 odd people relying on him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 8:49 am

saff lounge wrote:
SAFF LOUNGE REF WAS DIABOLICAL TO, 4-0 UP AT HALF TIME, THE CLOWN JUST DECIDED TO GIVE THE OTHER TEAM EVERYTHING FOR FIRST 15 MINUTES OF SECOND HALF, I WOULD SAY THE REF WAS BLATANTLY CHEATING. THATS HOW BAD I THINK HE WAS

Another comment against the Referee Sad Suspension issued

Last edited by Moderator on Mon 31 Jan 2011, 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 8:51 am

Hellboy wrote:
If you win, he's great........if you lose,######......the only one that would bug me, is the one where the ref doesn't turn up, very annoying on a cold Sundy morning, when there's perhaps 40 odd people relying on him.

I agree - we are making enquiries to try understand the circumstances of this non appearance.
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 9:00 am

OhBarryBarry wrote:
Harrow_Veteran wrote:
Harrow 1-3 Oadby Owls

Great game from our point of view, 100% up for it today, great commitment and have to say it was evenly matched in the first half, 2 great goals (1 from each side) and went in 1-1 at half time.

Second half was similar to the first for 5-10 minutes then we were reduced to 10 men, playing against Oadby with 11 is hard enough so thought we were on for a hiding but to be honest we could have gone 2-1 up except for a quality save from there keeper, we were then guilty of not finding the target from about 6 yards. Sloppy defending then left us 2 on 1 and they went 2-1 up with about 5 minutes to go, we then obviously all pushed up looking for equaliser and got caught out with only about 2 mins left.

Apart from the incident, the game in my opinion was played in a great spirit, all shook hands after, even with the local constabulary who came to cheer us off the pitch (I think).

Its a well known fact that the game changed when the number 12 came on for oadby... slowed it down and kept it simple.. little bit of vocal direction was required... I personally enjoyed the game as you guys are a physical team and i prefer that. What is gonna happen to "The monk"?

Yeah true although not sure who and what number the player was, we were chasing shadows for best part of the 2nd half (don't my legs know it today). Not commenting on the sending off mate as I never saw all of it, I have voiced my opinion and my knowledge of the event to Dennis, let's leave it at that eh?

As for the game, it's the 3rd time we have played you lads and we know we have been in a game every time, I think the scores suggest we are not too far away from being a chasing team in the league although inconsistency is defintiely our downfall, I definitely think you will be there or thereabouts but think you played better when we faced you in the Stokes cup, maybe if you had the vocal direction and calmness from the start you could be scoring at will.
Good luck rest of season and of course, hope the lad is ok, cheers.

Last edited by Harrow_Veteran on Mon 31 Jan 2011, 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 9:19 am

Sparta3 wrote:
Sparta Parva Reserves 4 - 4 MDH Knights

MDH were 2-0 up within 10 mins, and added another just before half time.

We changed a couple of things during the break and managed to take the game to MDH in the second half. First of all fitting back to 3-3 with a hat-trick from Nick Granger, and then 4-4 after a penalty put MDH back in front. The final equaliser coming from Rob "crouchie" Maybury deflecting the keeper's clearance.

Absolutely terrible pitch, not much football played by either side in the middle of the pitch.

Considering we gifted MDH their first, and their fourth was a penalty i think we probably deserved a little more from the game from our efforts.

We'll take the draw though Wink

Most of the MDH lads played in good spirit, and the lads on the sideline were very honest. However, the MDH right back was one of the mardiest, vile mouthed players I've ever seen playing for what is supposed to be a decent set of lads.

Cheers guys!
I can take nothing away from the effort of Sparta today, at the end of it I believe that is what has got them a deserved point today. We simply didn't match them with the same commitment and that was really disappointing for me.
That said at 3-nil down at half time Sparta could have been forgiven for dropping their heads but to the contrary they really stepped it up and the work rate turned into pressure and the pressure turned into daft mistakes and the daft mistakes turned into goals!

A real dressing down was handed out to the boys after the game as we do feel like that is a game we could of and should of won. I know that your end of game pressure could have seen you nick a winner but the amount of chances we squandered really should have had the game wrapped up but alas too many boys out on the drink the night before and its hit us (as I say along with the really impressive work rate of Sparta)

We've got it all to do again now and hopefully the boys have learned a lesson and we'll bounce back, if not the good work at the start of the season could all be for nothing!

Good luck to Sparta who for the most part just got on with things start to finish and with luck maybe they can do us the odd favour on the run in!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 10:28 am

Several posts about the game between Harrow and Oadby Owls have been deleted following a request and because an incident is under investigation by the authorities.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 10:30 am

Moderator wrote:
saff lounge wrote:
SAFF LOUNGE REF WAS DIABOLICAL TO, 4-0 UP AT HALF TIME, THE CLOWN JUST DECIDED TO GIVE THE OTHER TEAM EVERYTHING FOR FIRST 15 MINUTES OF SECOND HALF, I WOULD SAY THE REF WAS BLATANTLY CHEATING. THATS HOW BAD I THINK HE WAS

Another comment against the Referee Sad Suspension

Please be aware that this is a public forum. Comments about a referee can be seen by the FA and charges can be issued to the poster and the Alliance League as though they were made on the pitch. This would be in addition to any civil action.

That is why the rules of this Forum are made clear.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 11:09 am

I think you should remove all negative comments about referees, so as not to influence other peoples views. Sore losers always come on and blame other's, if you cant come on and trash refs, i think that would be better for all involved.
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 11:34 am

Moderator wrote:
Moderator wrote:
saff lounge wrote:

Another comment against the Referee Sad Suspension

Please be aware that this is a public forum. Comments about a referee can be seen by the FA and charges can be issued to the poster and the Alliance League as though they were made on the pitch. This would be in addition to any civil action.

That is why the rules of this Forum are made clear.

in that case i must apologise for my comment on the ref yesterday.
and helly my red friend we won so not all true bout only if people lose they call refs also think saff lounge won too Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 12:02 pm

hoskins 4-2 glenfield
good result for us as glenfield started very well went 1up through a peno that offcourse started me off moaning which i got alot off stick for as usuall. and a few terrible decisions from lino didnt help but the turniing point off the game was when there right back said at 1-0 them your team as shitty div3 team and 2mins later oooops 1-1. second half we was by farr better team with few chances glenny did miss a penoo at 2-1 to us but always felt the game was in the way ooff us BEN WICKINS WAS THE DIIFFERENCE .... well reffed by mr richie robertson , and big thanks to glenny lads/women for coming down the hoskins for beer and some nice food cheers all
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 12:10 pm

fc hoskins wrote:
hoskins 4-2 glenfield
good result for us as glenfield started very well went 1up through a peno that offcourse started me off moaning which i got alot off stick for as usuall. and a few terrible decisions from lino didnt help but the turniing point off the game was when there right back said at 1-0 them your team as shitty div3 team and 2mins later oooops 1-1. second half we was by farr better team with few chances glenny did miss a penoo at 2-1 to us but always felt the game was in the way ooff us BEN WICKINS WAS THE DIIFFERENCE .... well reffed by mr richie robertson , and big thanks to glenny lads/women for coming down the hoskins for beer and some nice food cheers all

wot i seen u bossed it coleman would of been harsh had u not come away with the win as the 25 mins i watched it was all hoskins have to agree ben is different class looked really sharp well done last 8 now Wink
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 12:14 pm

i haven't quoted anyone, and my comment isn't aimed at any one person or team, it is just a generalisation, about slagging off refs on the forum. I'm not on about anyones game winners or losers, just a personal view on the matter.
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 12:18 pm

Hellboy wrote:
i haven't quoted anyone, and my comment isn't aimed at any one person or team, it is just a generalisation, about slagging off refs on the forum. I'm not on about anyones game winners or losers, just a personal view on the matter.

i know that just saying not all teams that lose pick out the refs performance thats all mate. we would all be in bed sunday mornings at the end of the day if these blokes didnt commit to doing a hard job so in that respect fair play

Last edited by greeeedy on Mon 31 Jan 2011, 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 12:18 pm

yes danny we was better team but look who we had out we had 7 players out very happy with the performance.. never mind the neville brothers . these 2 are better
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 12:20 pm

fc hoskins wrote:
yes danny we was better team but look who we had out we had 7 players out very happy with the performance.. never mind the neville brothers . these 2 are better

u done well mate. whats happened to mackie coleman? aint seen him down for a while now
Back to top Go down
Whistle Blower

Whistle Blower

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 12:44 pm

Moderator wrote:
...Comments about a referee can be seen by the FA and charges can be issued to the poster...
Really? I find that hard to believe.
If clownty FA see a post on a forum saying they had a poor referee that day and he was diabolical, they would persue it and waste all that time and effort trying to track down a poster who you don't know and a ref who isn't bothered anyway...and then do what?

Get a grip, there's no harm in it, players come on here and slag other players off - are referees untouchable...no, well, they shouldn't be anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 1:00 pm

Whistle Blower wrote:
Moderator wrote:
...Comments about a referee can be seen by the FA and charges can be issued to the poster...
If clownty FA see a post on a forum saying they had a poor referee that day and he was diabolical, they would persue it and waste all that time and effort trying to track down a poster who you don't know and a ref who isn't bothered anyway...and then do what?

Get a grip, there's no harm in it, players come on here and slag other players off - are referees untouchable...no, well, they shouldn't be anyway.

Are you a ref bud? Interesting opinion if you are
Back to top Go down
Whistle Blower

Whistle Blower

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 1:15 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
Whistle Blower wrote:
Moderator wrote:

I am, I honestly think this gets all blown out of proportion on too many occasions...so what, how many times do people say t"he NRI keeper should have saved that one which went under him", "the K star striker took the wrong option and should have squared it for an easy tap in" and also "the other team didn't turn up and are a bunch of @@##'s" tall that stays on the forum without any problem.

But as soon as someone questions a refs descision - "should have been a corner but the ref got it wrong" etc. then there's uproar...so what, the ref got something wrong, someone points it out, move on...fed up with only letting one way critisism.

I think it makes it worse when someone posts something slightly negative about a ref and the mods are all over it - highlighting the point which was probably been skipped over and discarded by the reader anyway.!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 2:13 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
Whistle Blower wrote:
Moderator wrote:

He can shove his whistle where the sun don't shine sunshine....allegedly sunny

actually when people do know who you are, they could indeed sue you, as it is on public view for all to read, like they do at the news of the world, if you want to make a comment, you have to write allegedly, infront of your words first, or at the end, then they can't prosecute you.......... Allegedly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 3:06 pm

[/quote]

I am, I honestly think this gets all blown out of proportion on too many occasions...so what, how many times do people say t"he NRI keeper should have saved that one which went under him", "the K star striker took the wrong option and should have squared it for an easy tap in" and also "the other team didn't turn up and are a bunch of @@##'s" tall that stays on the forum without any problem.

But as soon as someone questions a refs descision - "should have been a corner but the ref got it wrong" etc. then there's uproar...so what, the ref got something wrong, someone points it out, move on...fed up with only letting one way critisism.

I think it makes it worse when someone posts something slightly negative about a ref and the mods are all over it - highlighting the point which was probably been skipped over and discarded by the reader anyway.![/quote]

Every single bloody week lol
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan 2011, 3:40 pm

Moderator wrote:
Several posts about the game between Harrow and Oadby Owls have been deleted following a request and because an incident is under investigation by the authorities.

Some people obviously can't read
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for Sunday 30 January   Banter for Sunday 30 January - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for Sunday 30 January
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next