HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Best & Worse grounds you have played at

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

Best & Worse grounds you have played at Empty
PostSubject: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 11:28 am

This topic may have already been covered but I'm starting a new thread.

Best: Leicester Accies easily, its a carpet there

Worse: Many Nominations but I have to go with New Parks Boys Club on Oswalds Road for a number of reasons

firstly - I have NEVER won there and my first experience of playing there we got spanked 7-0 by All in One windows, who were horrible b******s!!, there was glass on the pitch and I cut my knee, it was all very hostile!!
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 11:35 am

Best: Think our pitch at Uplands is pretty good but suppose u cant look any further than Holmes Park.

Worst Princes: Feathers in County Cup- somewhere in Hinckley. Think we were one of only a handful of games to play. The middle was mud (box to box), the wings were waterlogged, didnt make for a pretty game. only positive we won!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 11:47 am

I think the worst pitch is the one at the bottom of viccy park....dire!

Best pitch....i think Knighton park stands up well to the winter, but in the summer, Uplands is very nice...

But agree with Magna - Holmes park rules!
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 11:55 am

best : holmes park but safron dynamo is also quite nice

worst : a few but have to agree with magna sec 73 oswalds road is poor didnt like uplands road to be fair the pitch we played sparta on that was a mud bath i was 6 inches taller when i came off the pitch and i was standing on the sidelines Laughing
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 12:18 pm

I have been fortunate to play at Filbert Street ( scored 2 Very Happy ) also played at Molineux where Alvin Martin ( ex West Ham ) marked me, lol, and I have to say I was no where near a header all game ha ha ha.

But my best experience was at Wemberly ( beat that ninny, lol ) the day after the England v Germany game, forget about those thinking they were the last team's to play there I was........lol.

For local football, think Holmes Park is an absolute carpet, Heather St John and Oadby town are very decent too.

Worse has got to be Roundhill, just because of the fact it's a death trap, it was built on a landfill sight I think and one of my players split his knee open on a brick that had worked it's way to the surface, along with all the Rabit holes it's a nightmare.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 12:23 pm

Did you used to be good then Malc?
Back to top Go down
gattuso
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
gattuso

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 12:25 pm

Best ground - city ground - notts forest or oadby town

Worst ground - Vicky park or knighton park
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 12:26 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
Did you used to be good then Malc?

Did I, lol..........Didn't I impress on my NRI Debut ? lol
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 12:31 pm

On the up and up then.
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 12:49 pm

best ground st neots flat as a pancake .
worst ground borrowash poor hole bobbly park
Back to top Go down
NKBomber

NKBomber

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 12:53 pm

greeeedy wrote:

worst : a few but have to agree with magna sec 73 oswalds road is poor didnt like uplands road to be fair the pitch we played sparta on that was a mud bath i was 6 inches taller when i came off the pitch and i was standing on the sidelines Laughing

Saffron Dynamo??? very average!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 12:59 pm

NKBomber wrote:
greeeedy wrote:

Not for long, i think they've just copped for a big wind fall.
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 1:14 pm

Best..hinckley united,nuneaton and quorns ground

Worst..im sorry but bakers arms pitch and wasnt a fan of one the viccy park pitches either
Back to top Go down
http://Db_landscapes@live.co.uk
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 1:22 pm

Best - Feyenord + Sparta on a youth tour to Rotterdam, had the privilege of playing in both there stadiums, and Feyenords training pitches were top standard too. over here probably Gloucester City ground was very nice.

Worst - The Cropston Rangers pitch we played on in this seasons county cup was shocking and last season i remember there being a horse in the same field we were playing Birstall rangers in

Last edited by Fishandchips on Fri 28 Jan 2011, 1:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 1:26 pm

Fishandchips wrote:

Best - Feyenord + Sparta on a youth tour to Rotterdam, had the provelidge of playing in both there stadiums, and Feyenords training pitches were top starndard too. over here probably Gloucester City ground was very nice.

Worst - The Cropston Rangers pitch we played on in this seasons county cup was shocking and last season i remember there being a horse in the same field we were playing Birstall rangers in

Laughing cant stop laughing.
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 1:29 pm

Fishandchips wrote:

Best - Feyenord + Sparta on a youth tour to Rotterdam, had the provelidge of playing in both there stadiums, and Feyenords training pitches were top starndard too. over here probably Gloucester City ground was very nice.

haha quality i gather the horse in field would be mowacre recreation ground n
The lovely gypsies in caravans
Back to top Go down
http://Db_landscapes@live.co.uk
LCFCHOTSHOT

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 2:33 pm

Best Pitch, Walkers Stadium, fortunate to have played on it 3 times and will again this season.

Worst Pitch, sorry to have to say, but the pitch that AFC Sporting play on at Western park. I have skied down things with less slope Razz
Back to top Go down
saff lounge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 4:01 pm

worst pitch i played on was for newry junior school against shaftsbury junior school in about 1980 in the rice bowl cup. this is no bullshit but there was bull or cow poor in places all over the pitch, i bet no kids play on pitches like that these days, cant really remember where the ground was but im sure it was up melton road way somewhere
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 4:06 pm

NKBomber wrote:
greeeedy wrote:

it was a decnet pitch when i played there not in the too distant past either Laughing looked ok when advance played there this season in sunday fa to me aswell could maybe a tad bigger but a nice even covering of grass none the less
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 4:10 pm

Striker9 wrote:
Fishandchips wrote:

haha quality i gather the horse in field would be mowacre recreation ground n
The lovely gypsies in caravans

its true ive seen donkeys and all sorts up there even 4 chickens that must of got out someones back yard unreal
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 4:33 pm

Best, gotta be the old Aylestone Park pitches.

Worst, ours at guthlaxton.
Back to top Go down
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 5:07 pm

Quote :
its true ive seen donkeys and all sorts up there even 4 chickens that must of got out someones back yard unreal

Heskey??
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 6:26 pm

saff lounge wrote:

worst pitch i played on was for newry junior school against shaftsbury junior school in about 1980 in the rice bowl cup. this is no bullshit but there was bull or cow poor in places all over the pitch, i bet no kids play on pitches like that these days, cant really remember where the ground was but im sure it was up melton road way somewhere

We had to play with cow sh#t on our pitch at Kibworth every week.......

this is pure class reading.
Back to top Go down
phoenix_flyer

phoenix_flyer

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 7:19 pm

Best: This season probs ours at kingfsher youth centre in the Hotter months

Worst: AFC Bees Knees last week at kingsway park in braunestone. TRENCH WAREFARE
Back to top Go down
Dodgy

Dodgy

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 7:53 pm

Best=St Neots

Worst=Old team called Bath Hotel, the whole experiance was awful from the caravan changing room then the walk through the Gun Club then to play on a cow field

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 9:11 pm

phoenix_flyer wrote:

Worst: AFC Bees Knees last week at kingsway park in braunestone. TRENCH WAREFARE

haha trench warfare cant stop roaring proper sunday footie then Razz
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan 2011, 9:13 pm

fc hoskins wrote:

coleman u do realise this thread said best u have played at not turned up to run the line at Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2011, 12:34 am

phoenix_flyer wrote:

You mean Mossdale Meadows in Braunstone Town?

Its only a trench cos theres too many teams on it! start of the season that pitch is brilliant. Now these teams have ruined are Saturday pithc!!
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2011, 12:57 am

Magna 73 Sec wrote:
Quote :

Heskey??

lol! the original donk mr emile im pretty sure i seen him falling over some chicken turd on there more than once Laughing then again it could of been a bird sh*tting on his villa shirt that knocked him over
Back to top Go down
saff lounge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2011, 3:37 am

kingfisher pitch is rough as ****, you obviously aint played on many pitches
Back to top Go down
spartano1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2011, 7:55 am

best pitch: holmes park, heather st john

worst pitch: hellboys back garden, the team that played out near shearsby cant remember the name but had to get changed in moldy old caravan with roof fell in and was in freezing cold weather
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2011, 8:44 am

greedy i was working on oakenshaw at the back of mowacre sports ground theres hundreds of chickens, roosters, peacocks roaming the street.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2011, 9:00 am

spartano1 wrote:

worst pitch: hellboys back garden,

Thats where i do all my dumps, they're all lying around everywhere, little steaming red piles, if you stand them in line, you can use them as training cones.

Back to top Go down
phoenix_flyer

phoenix_flyer

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2011, 10:02 am

"kingfisher pitch is rough as ****, you obviously aint played on many pitches"

Only started sunday league this year so havnt really pal but im only saying its a good pitch cause i know how nicely it plays in the summer, im sure other pitches would be better but its hard to say cause there all shite atm lol

Back to top Go down
Dodgy

Dodgy

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2011, 11:32 am

[quote="greeeedy"]
fc hoskins wrote:

coleman u do realise this thread said best u have played at not turned up to run the line at Razz Razz Razz [/quote

Hate to say it but he scored a great goal that day as well

Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2011, 11:44 am

haha wheels it was a bit off magic lol
cant think off other grounds ive played . actually
i did play on norwich united pitch when was u12 we beat norwich school excellence..
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2011, 12:59 pm

[quote="Dodgy"]
greeeedy wrote:
fc hoskins wrote:

coleman u do realise this thread said best u have played at not turned up to run the line at Razz Razz Razz [/quote

u had to spoil it wheeler was going for the juggular aswell major bite anticipated
Back to top Go down
dezza
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dezza

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2011, 7:36 pm

phoenix_flyer wrote:
"kingfisher pitch is rough as ****, you obviously aint played on many pitches"

Only started sunday league this year so havnt really pal but im only saying its a good pitch cause i know how nicely it plays in the summer, im sure other pitches would be better but its hard to say cause there all shite atm lol

to be fair when the weather is good at the start of the season the kingfisher pitch is quality, but once you start plating on it in the rain you had better hope your good at long ball as it will be pointless trying to pass it on the floor, there will be ditches......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2011, 7:43 pm

[quote="greeeedy"]
Dodgy wrote:
greeeedy wrote:
fc hoskins wrote:

u had to spoil it wheeler was going for the juggular aswell major bite anticipated

Thats how you kill a circus!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan 2011, 7:58 pm

Tut tut, stop clowning around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best & Worse grounds you have played at   Best & Worse grounds you have played at Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best & Worse grounds you have played at
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next