Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Top Dogs!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Top Dogs!! Empty
PostSubject: Top Dogs!!   Top Dogs!! Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan 2011, 12:33 pm

As we are half way (ish) through the season, who do you think will win their divisions?

Prem - Going with Scrappy, seem to have overtaken Advance at the top and Prem sports are now fighting to push Advance even further down the pecking order. 1-Scraptoft, 2-Advance, 3-Prem Sports

1st Division - I think Sparta Moshdock seem to have impressed a lot of people and i know Perrin have some quality players, so i am going for: 1-Moshdock, 2-Perrin, 3-Kirby Muxloe Rangers

2nd Division - Dont know much about this division, but looks like Countesthorpe are nailed on winners. Think i will go 1-Countesthorpe, 2-Throops, 3-Sunbury United

3rd Division - Clear winners here with FC Hoskins. After that it looks very close. Kuato have some very good players but drunks, Start and Garter and Trinderbox have also got good reviews. I am going 1-FC Hoskins, 2-Star&Garter, 3-Leicester Foxes just edging Trinderbox

4th Division - another tight division, with 4 teams in with a good shout. I think our points deduction will be key and i am predicting 1-Magna Town, 2-Sparta Parva, 3-New Road Inn, with a maximum of 5 points between 1st and 4th

5th Division - I hear a lot about the teams in this division, Oadby Owls play good footie, Saffron mix it up a bit and like a good battle, then you have Talbot who are at the top, but best reviews seem to be for MDH so with pure guesswork i reckon 1-MDH Knights, 2-Saffron Lounge Bar, 3- Birstall Rangers

6th Division - Looking at this, i think FC Kibworth are going to push on, Little Bowden are running well and are setting the pace. 1-FC Kibworth, 2-Little owden, 3-Niffy Rangers 'A'

Apologies if i offend anyone by not including you on the shortlist!! But i dont think i will be far off with the above predictions......
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Top Dogs!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Dogs!!   Top Dogs!! Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan 2011, 12:35 pm

Blimey i've got a headache reading that lot.
Back to top Go down

Top Dogs!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Dogs!!   Top Dogs!! Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan 2011, 12:39 pm

Yeah, sat a bit bored in a customers office so decided to kill a bit of time...so come on Hellboy - wheres ya money!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Top Dogs!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Dogs!!   Top Dogs!! Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan 2011, 1:02 pm

£5 round robin...i'll do mine later after 6 o'clock tonite, need to have a look at the tables.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

Top Dogs!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Dogs!!   Top Dogs!! Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan 2011, 1:09 pm

Prem - Think there may be a shift in power this year but Advance still pushing on all fronts
1st Scraptoft - 2nd Advance - 3rd Premier Sports

Div 1 - Moshock have a quality squad and will nick it but think Kirby may run them close
1st Sparta Moshdock - 2nd Kirby Rangers - 3rd Perrin Rangers

Div 2 - Nailed on winners? think NRI prob right, another strong league with a blanket finish for last two spots
1st Countesthorpe - 2nd Sunbury - 3rd Webbies

Div 3 - Looks a very strong league, run away leaders, but some top sides battling for promotion
1st FC Hoskins - 2nd Leicester Foxes - 3rd Beaumont United

Div 4 - head or heart, head or heart? If i was to completely honest reckon this is the most likely outcome, but I know my boys will give it everything, and will not make it easy for the other two, maybe a Sparta Vs New Road Stokes Final may work in our favour Twisted Evil
1st New Road Inn - 2nd Sparta Parva - 3rd Magna Town

Div 5 - Another tough League seems a three horse race though now and would be very surprised if it wasnt these three
1st MDH Knights - 2nd Oadby Owls Men - 3rd Saffron Lounge

Div 6 - A surprising set of results last week makes this division wide open!
1st FC Kibworth - 2nd Little Bowden - 3rd Niffy A
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com

Top Dogs!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Dogs!!   Top Dogs!! Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan 2011, 1:35 pm

So we are agreed on all except our own division...i wonder if any of the other divisions will throw up a surprise late surge (or demise) at the top end.
Would love to win the division Paulo, but to be honest, Sparta have it entirely in their own hands, we need to rely on them losing somewhere along the line, and they are a very good team for all the banter i throw their way (here and on facebook!) i cant knock them as a football team.
Will be interested to see how Magna get on this weekend, i think thats going to give us a big idea of where you boys will be. Interesting that neither of us picked Bakers Arms, yet they are in a very good position....

Hellboy - i look forward to your predictions!!
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

Top Dogs!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Dogs!!   Top Dogs!! Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan 2011, 2:22 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
So we are agreed on all except our own division...i wonder if any of the other divisions will throw up a surprise late surge (or demise) at the top end.
Would love to win the division Paulo, but to be honest, Sparta have it entirely in their own hands, we need to rely on them losing somewhere along the line, and they are a very good team for all the banter i throw their way (here and on facebook!) i cant knock them as a football team.
Will be interested to see how Magna get on this weekend, i think thats going to give us a big idea of where you boys will be. Interesting that neither of us picked Bakers Arms, yet they are in a very good position....

Hellboy - i look forward to your predictions!!

Unfortunetely we have an awful habit of losing to the top sides- picked up only 2 of 18 points against last years top three Humberstone, Sporting and Fosse and so far have picked up 0 out 6 against u and Sparta. Until that changes (which I hope it will)we wont be top of the pile come May

We have a completely full squad sunday so no excuses from me come Monday morning if we lose, the game wont be a classic, their pitch looked one of the worst i have seen tbh. Couldnt believe we played a semi final there just under two seasons ago!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com

Top Dogs!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Dogs!!   Top Dogs!! Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan 2011, 3:15 pm

Well i will cheer you on against Sparta! They have to slip up sooner or later....hopefully....

Interesting that Advance seem to be fading a bit this year compared to their previous domination...or have Scrappy and Prem just got stronger? And when i say fading, i mean relative to their previous levels...obviously they are still a class outfit!
Back to top Go down
BigTimeCharlie

BigTimeCharlie

Top Dogs!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Dogs!!   Top Dogs!! Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan 2011, 3:55 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
Well i will cheer you on against Sparta! They have to slip up sooner or later....hopefully....

Interesting that Advance seem to be fading a bit this year compared to their previous domination...or have Scrappy and Prem just got stronger? And when i say fading, i mean relative to their previous levels...obviously they are still a class outfit!

What is this based upon? They have only lost one game all season and are still on course to do the quadrouple?
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Top Dogs!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Dogs!!   Top Dogs!! Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan 2011, 4:03 pm

I think what hes saying is year in year out theres been one team and one team only that ever stood out in the prem n thats advance but this year other teams are looking just as strong which leaves advance in the mix rather than advance a dead cert
Back to top Go down
http://Db_landscapes@live.co.uk
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Top Dogs!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Dogs!!   Top Dogs!! Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan 2011, 6:20 pm

New Road Inn wrote:

What is this theory based upon?
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

Top Dogs!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Dogs!!   Top Dogs!! Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan 2011, 6:29 pm

Hellboy wrote:
New Road Inn wrote:

Helly, Widds has a drink problem and often forgets ??? Prime example being he was on the winning side against Parva only 3 weeks ago, lol.

That to me classes as a slip up, lol
Back to top Go down
LoneRanger38
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Top Dogs!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Dogs!!   Top Dogs!! Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan 2011, 6:34 pm

Top dog= malc- done great job in reshapeing nri into one hell of a top
Growing club n hopefully here for years to come wen were up
There competeing with advance,dont get me wrong not getting ahead of ourselves i do mean in a few seasons lol
Back to top Go down
http://Db_landscapes@live.co.uk
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

Top Dogs!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Dogs!!   Top Dogs!! Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan 2011, 6:36 pm

Striker9 wrote:
There competeing with advance,dont get me wrong not getting ahead of ourselves i do mean in a few seasons lol

Embarassed I'm just steering the ship Mr Bailey.
Back to top Go down

Top Dogs!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Dogs!!   Top Dogs!! Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan 2011, 6:40 pm

BigTimeCharlie wrote:
New Road Inn wrote:

What is this based upon? They have only lost one game all season and are still on course to do the quadrouple?

I thought they were out of one of the cups....but fair enough...
My thought process was that year in year out they just beat everybody with ease from what i hear, but, last year, am i right in saying that Scrappy beat them in two cup finals? And this year, there are two other teams competing with them....in my statement i said they seem to be fading OR have Scrappy and Prem just got stronger....
Back to top Go down

Top Dogs!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Dogs!!   Top Dogs!! Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan 2011, 6:42 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
New Road Inn wrote:

Helly, Widds has a drink problem and often forgets ??? Prime example being he was on the winning side against Parva only 3 weeks ago, lol.

That to me classes as a slip up, lol

Getting beaten by a better team isnt a slip up though!!! I mean someone like the Bumbles Leg Joint beating them, or Beaumont....a team that on its day has players that can get a result.....

And yes, i do have a drink problem.....!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Top Dogs!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Dogs!!   Top Dogs!! Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan 2011, 6:45 pm

Striker9 wrote:

Watch ya back Fabio, someones after your heated seat.
Back to top Go down

Top Dogs!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Dogs!!   Top Dogs!! Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan 2011, 6:46 pm

Hellboy wrote:
New Road Inn wrote:

Relativity!!!!!!!! rendeer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Top Dogs!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Dogs!!   Top Dogs!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top Dogs!!
Page 1 of 1