Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

What would you do?

Go down 
+8
dan_mitchell_WRFC
alliance no1
Polska legend II
Paulo
Fishandchips
greeeedy
scouse1
Hellboy
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 1:34 pm

Ball is played through the attacker who scores, flag goes up from their lino(with the defending side) for offside, you don't think he was but aren't certain so go with the offside flag. As you're waiting for the free kick to be taken you hear their lino boasting to his mates about how it wasn't offside and that he's cheated - would you now award the goal (play hasn't restarted)?
Back to top Go down
scouse1

scouse1

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 1:42 pm

this happens most weeks with lino's cheating dock points then the teams would learn, honest mistakes are fine but some of the teams do it on purpose to keep scores down or win tight games

Editted by moderator
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 2:55 pm

Hellboy wrote:
Ball is played through the attacker who scores, flag goes up from their lino(with the defending side) for offside, you don't think he was but aren't certain so go with the offside flag. As you're waiting for the free kick to be taken you hear their lino boasting to his mates about how it wasn't offside and that he's cheated - would you now award the goal (play hasn't restarted)?

depends if u are a player not much can be done but if i was ref and i heard that i would let the goal stand and report the lino through the proper channels with a recommendation of him being banned or the club fined or points deduction but thats me
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 3:29 pm

Goal, lino get's booked/ sent off if signed on, if not then club reported.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 3:42 pm

Just to play devils advocate .....

Are we now saying it is accpetable for a 'referee to change his mind'? the decision has been made and the two sides are set up to restart. I am sure we have all seen the odd incident in the Premiership and Scotland with a referee changing his mind and the up raw it caused (whether the final result was correct or not)- and am sure nearly all of us have been suitably unimpressed with a referee if he/she has changed their mind during one of ours games-whether it is a free kick or a throw in let alone a goal! I know grassroots football is a millions miles away from the Premiership etc but principles still apply.

Surely this is a lose/lose situation for the referee to control the game after the final decision has been made

Again just an opinion to continue the debate.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 3:48 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:

Are we now saying it is accpetable for a 'referee to change his mind'? the decision has been made and the two sides are set up to restart. I am sure we have all seen the odd incident in the Premiership and Scotland with a referee changing his mind and the up raw it caused (whether the final result was correct or not)- and am sure nearly all of us have been suitably unimpressed with a referee if he/she has changed their mind during one of ours games-whether it is a free kick or a throw in let alone a goal! I know grassroots football is a millions miles away from the Premiership etc but principles still apply.

Surely this is a lose/lose situation for the referee to control the game after the final decision has been made

interesting point but i dont think that chelsea's back room staff will be running the line so there wouldnt be any blatant cheating. for the record if a lino has blatantly cheated for his own teams benefit surely the ref must have some sort of power to put him right whichever way he saw fit..... i.e the reversing of decisions...
Back to top Go down
scouse1

scouse1

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 3:56 pm

greeeedy wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:

interesting point but i dont think that chelsea's back room staff will be running the line so there wouldnt be any blatant cheating. for the record if a lino has blatantly cheated for his own teams benefit surely the ref must have some sort of power to put him right whichever way he saw fit..... i.e the reversing of decisions...

Or if he can't change his mind about the goal then surley he would send in a report which would be dealt with and if the cheating team won then the game scrapped and re played and warning/ points deduction for that team,
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 3:57 pm

I totally agree in principle

But has the referee lost their power to change a decision once both teams are set up for the free kick (regardless of it been taken or not)?
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 3:58 pm

scouse1 wrote:
greeeedy wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:

Or if he can't change his mind about the goal then surley he would send in a report which would be dealt with and if the cheating team won then the game scrapped and re played and warning/ points deduction for that team,

If this was the case, how many reports do you think the league would receive every week? making each one less and less crediable every time one is sent in
Back to top Go down
scouse1

scouse1

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 4:03 pm

Not iF the report was by the ref not the teams, at the end of the day it shouldn't be happening and it's pretty stupid when teams do. Were hear to enjoy the game and everyone wants to win but it just annoying when teams use there linesman in this way, and there are a few in our division who do it quite a bit
Back to top Go down

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 4:46 pm

Scouse Will you leave sparta out of this lol
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 8:23 pm

not sure it would be in the rules for a ref to change his decision if he has already awarded an indirect free kick for an offside situation, but if not I'm sure if he let it stand then the offending team/lino wouldn't have a leg to stand on if they appealed surely?
Back to top Go down
alliance no1

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 8:45 pm

the referee has the power to change his decision,,but has to be be retstart of play ,,so the referee could indeed change his mind after giving offside.....not sure what i would do in that situation apart from asking the linesman to give me the flag back and ask someone else to do it....
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 8:47 pm

alliance no1 wrote:
the referee has the power to change his decision,,but has to be be retstart of play ,,so the referee could indeed change his mind after giving offside.....not sure what i would do in that situation apart from asking the linesman to give me the flag back and ask someone else to do it....

Thats the NPE way though, your lads tried to get the flag off my lino more than once :p
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 8:54 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:

Think it's perfectly acceptable for the ref to change his mind if the decision is his own not based upon one team moaning about the decision, in this instance the lino has openly admitted to cheating so influenced the ref's original decision, game hadn't re-started so i see nothing wrong with the goal standing. As for punishment if the lino is a player, he should recieve the fine/ suspension, if he's not but associated with the club then the punishment falls to team.

Probably siding with the striker as one myself and it's very frustrating when given offside and i know i'm not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
alliance no1

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 9:26 pm

the last post i made wasnt me it was my dad he didnt realise that i had signed in Smile
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 9:27 pm

opps sorry
Back to top Go down
saff lounge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 1:00 pm

we had a cheating lino in a cup game, 1 of our players was clear on goal, their linesman put the flag up, the ref shouted play on as he knew the player was clearly onside (the ref actually shouted clearly onside), when the player took the ball round the keeper and scored, the ref then decided it was offside after all, so in other words the ref was hoping our player would miss the chance and when he didnt he gave the offside, my players were very mad, understandably so in my opinion, it was the last 5 minutes and drawing 2-2 at the time, luckily enough we won 4-3 aet, saying that apart from offside decisions i thought the ref had a good game, so in some ways you cant blame refs when the teams staff hold the offside flag

i think the refs have a terrible job to do but sometimes they bring the problems on themselves, i always tell my players not to get booked for bad mouthing refs but you can understand why some players do, lets face it everyone wants to win at the end of the day and refereeing decisions need to be right, obviously refs will make mistakes the same as all players do, i think the reffing the saff lounge have had this season has been generally brilliant, the only game i would say that we have had a bad ref was in the county cup against NPE and i believe he got appointed by the county F.A, i would say that there hasnt been a performance by a referee in the alliance league that could come close to being as bad as that ref, you would have to have seen his performance to believe a ref could be that bad, outrageous from start to finish, that ref nearly caused a riot, he truly was that bad
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 2:42 pm

Fishandchips wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:

Think it's perfectly acceptable for the ref to change his mind if the decision is his own not based upon one team moaning about the decision, in this instance the lino has openly admitted to cheating so influenced the ref's original decision, game hadn't re-started so i see nothing wrong with the goal standing. As for punishment if the lino is a player, he should recieve the fine/ suspension, if he's not but associated with the club then the punishment falls to team.

Probably siding with the striker as one myself and it's very frustrating when given offside and i know i'm not.

Like i say just playing devils adovate. But like i said above if a free kick has been given and the players have reset for the kick to be taken surely at that point a referee has lost their power to change a decision.

Agree with the lino been fined/suspend whatever
Back to top Go down
Gifford
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Gifford

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 2:46 pm

simple if you lose because of it attack the lino
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 3:50 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:
Fishandchips wrote:
Paulo_MTFC wrote:

Like i say just playing devils adovate. But like i said above if a free kick has been given and the players have reset for the kick to be taken surely at that point a referee has lost their power to change a decision.

Agree with the lino been fined/suspend whatever

sorry paulo laws of the game allow a referee to change his mind as long as he hasnt restarted the game
Back to top Go down
Declan Swan

Declan Swan

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 9:40 pm

Happens agaist me most weeks, don't always score though! Happened a few times last week against ac, Polska did me a few times, there was ridiculous one from magna last season and all their players knew they had cheated to get the point.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 7:54 am

Declan Swan wrote:
Happens agaist me most weeks, don't always score though! Happened a few times last week against ac, Polska did me a few times, there was ridiculous one from magna last season and all their players knew they had cheated to get the point.

Still harping on about that!! it was a players dad though that was running the line- but u won the double so u got what you deserved at the end of the season!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 9:25 am

Declan Swan wrote:

so.....back to the topic and the scenario in question. What would you do?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What would you do?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Banter :: Banter - Alliance Football-
Jump to: