Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Who's in the running for October Team of the Month

Go down 
+10
dan_mitchell_WRFC
welshys yasmines
greeeedy
shearer
Hellboy
Fishandchips
MDH_Knights
Gordon
spartano1
L.K.F.C
14 posters
AuthorMessage
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Empty
PostSubject: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 8:22 am

With one fixrture left in October who is in the running for Team of the Month?!
Back to top Go down
spartano1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 8:51 am

i would say us at sparta parva must surely be up there in the running for team of the month
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 9:02 am

There are 17 teams who remain unbeaten during October, who are therefore still in contention.

However Sparta Parva are not one of them - a County Cup visit to Barkestone le Vale, springs to mind?
Back to top Go down
MDH_Knights

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 9:06 am

Surely a so far unblemished October including 2 almighty cup upsets must have us on the shortlist Gordon? We have lost 4 matchballs this month so I know the gaffa would be pleasantly surprised! He's talking about fines for losing the balls, I'm sure I saw a few boys pull out of tackles on Sunday at risk of the ball going over the fence! Wink
Back to top Go down
spartano1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 9:07 am

a loss there but a scalp of a division 1 team??
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 9:11 am

MDH_Knights wrote:
Surely a so far unblemished October including 2 almighty cup upsets must have us on the shortlist Gordon? We have lost 4 matchballs this month so I know the gaffa would be pleasantly surprised! He's talking about fines for losing the balls, I'm sure I saw a few boys pull out of tackles on Sunday at risk of the ball going over the fence! Wink

we've got to win next week first, lets not get carried away Smile

Last edited by Fishandchips on Mon 25 Oct 2010, 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeMon 25 Oct 2010, 9:38 am

Very true Mr Stevens, we walk before we run and yes replacing your balls each week is getting expensive!!! Is that what ya get for team of the month then? Well we'll be trainin harder thids week chaps I didn't know that!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeThu 28 Oct 2010, 10:17 am

L.K.F.C wrote:
With one fixrture left in October who is in the running for Team of the Month?!

Anyone but sparta parva!!!!
Back to top Go down
shearer

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeThu 28 Oct 2010, 10:27 am

advance should win it
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeThu 28 Oct 2010, 11:19 am

shearer wrote:
advance should win it

mdh knights deserve it for me unbeaten in the league in oct and 2 very good cup upsets fair play to em
Back to top Go down
welshys yasmines

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeThu 28 Oct 2010, 11:59 am

mdh fully deserve it, keep it in division 5
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeTue 02 Nov 2010, 9:08 am

Any news on who's in the mix?
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeTue 02 Nov 2010, 9:40 am

According to my records the following 13 teams remained unbeaten during October, so that should provoke a wide and varied debate.

Advance Couriers
Glenfield Town, Sunday
Premier Sports Travel
Glen Parva
Kirby Muxloe Rangers
Sparta Moshdock
Bakers Arms, Blaby
New Road Inn
Niffy Rangers Reserves
Beaumont United 2010
Star & Garter
TrinderBox
MDH Knights

Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeTue 02 Nov 2010, 10:14 am

Hood park for me, teams like these should also be in the running.

Its not all about winners ya know.
Back to top Go down
dan_mitchell_WRFC
Championship Poster
Championship Poster
dan_mitchell_WRFC

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeTue 02 Nov 2010, 10:20 am

Hellboy wrote:
Hood park for me, teams like these should also be in the running.

Its not all about winners ya know.

You're not wrong.
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
mowmacre fc

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeTue 02 Nov 2010, 12:03 pm

couriers concided 0 in league spanked a team in the fa cup
or
sparta moshdock
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeTue 02 Nov 2010, 12:44 pm

fc hoskins wrote:
or
sparta moshdock

thing is u expect that from couriers they probably wont lose all season and that wouldnt come as a suprise.
mdh knights not lost in the league and 2 very good cup upsets against higher opposition id give it to them they deserve it
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeTue 02 Nov 2010, 1:16 pm

greeeedy wrote:
fc hoskins wrote:
or
sparta moshdock

thing is u expect that from couriers they probably wont lose all season and that wouldnt come as a suprise.
mdh knights not lost in the league and 2 very good cup upsets against higher opposition id give it to them they deserve it

cheers greeeedy, hope others see it your way.... think it's the first time we've ever gone a complete month unbeaten too (in the last 4/5 years anyway)
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeTue 02 Nov 2010, 2:41 pm

I think there are lots of teams that have a rightful claim for it...us included....will be an interesting decision.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeTue 02 Nov 2010, 8:36 pm

Pleased to see us in the mix. I know we won't win when you consider the teams others have beaten, but proud of the lads for sticking together when we had injury problems etc. Proves a good team spirit no matter what is thrown at us
Back to top Go down
Pete Mourinho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 12:42 pm

All the above will no doubt say the same but very proud of our 100% record during the month and not a league goal conceded.....got to be worth a shout!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 12:53 pm

I must agree I'm very proud of our Knights team. To go the month winning every game, including top of division 4 and a div 1 side is a momentous achievement. Especially taking into account we've had 7 players out injured and a players moved to luxembourg it's been a real team effort and I couldn't ask anymore of them. If this wasn't good enough I'm pretty sure we'll never be team of the month, there's literally no more they could've done! We'll happily take the ball away to Scrappy Garage which is otherwise what they've earnt for their efforts! :s
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 1:09 pm

New Road Inn wrote:
Pleased to see us in the mix. I know we won't win when you consider the teams others have beaten, but proud of the lads for sticking together when we had injury problems etc. Proves a good team spirit no matter what is thrown at us

I thought it was because of the new guy steering the ship. Heard he is after a new keeper too Laughing
Back to top Go down
greeeedy
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
greeeedy

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 1:10 pm

L.K.F.C wrote:
I must agree I'm very proud of our Knights team. To go the month winning every game, including top of division 4 and a div 1 side is a momentous achievement. Especially taking into account we've had 7 players out injured and a players moved to luxembourg it's been a real team effort and I couldn't ask anymore of them. If this wasn't good enough I'm pretty sure we'll never be team of the month, there's literally no more they could've done! We'll happily take the ball away to Scrappy Garage which is otherwise what they've earnt for their efforts! :s

agreed ive said it before ill say it again mdh knights deserve it
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 1:55 pm

You shouldn't put your own team up i find its a bit conceited, even if they are doing well, blowing your own trump springs to mind, it comes over on here a bit as if you are begging for it. Just a thought.

It just looks a bit desperate.
Back to top Go down
L.K.F.C
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 2:12 pm

Hellboy wrote:
You shouldn't put your own team up i find its a bit conceited, even if they are doing well, blowing your own trump springs to mind, it comes over on here a bit as if you are begging for it. Just a thought.

It just looks a bit desperate.

I can understand your point to an extent but I think that is more in instances where only the good gets aired. I'm more than happy and have advised some dire performances in the past but when the going is good I think its only right to comment also.
I am very proud of what they've accomplished as no doubt are the others who have advised their teams feats for this month, past months and indeed week in week out. If we took that as an overall thought we would have no match reports advising of great performances, no results upon winning etc.. etc..

On the flip side I myself get very annoyed for example in my local paper seeing results from teams only when they win and in this instance I would also agree but I feel no shame in being proud of a football team.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 2:19 pm

Ooh ....iv'e gone all warm and gooey inside.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitimeWed 03 Nov 2010, 5:12 pm

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
New Road Inn wrote:

I thought it was because of the new guy steering the ship. Heard he is after a new keeper too Laughing
New manager has done ok, still on probation tho lol and replace the keeper? You Will have to go some to replace that ability lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's in the running for October Team of the Month   Who's in the running for October Team of the Month Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's in the running for October Team of the Month
Page 1 of 1