HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch??

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CSKA Carnabys

CSKA Carnabys

Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch?? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch??   Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch?? Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov 2009, 11:57 pm

As chairman of CSKA, I've been looking into this (although I'll probably need permission from George Mossdale) and think it will be a good way to raise additional revenue to help remain competitive with our rivals and maybe pay for new pegs.
Back to top Go down
Orange

Orange

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch??   Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch?? Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 8:14 am

Seeing as you dont own the pitch i'd have thought George's answer would be a big FAT no, unless you propose comparethemeerkat@mossdalemeadows
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch??   Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch?? Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov 2009, 5:56 pm

No chance, my Dad (George) doesnt own the pitches, hes just the Sec of Kingsway which the club play all their games down there, therefore has quite a bit of say in what happens down there however the council own the pitches, and I guess you have no chance of asking the Council to rename a park.
Back to top Go down
Gaz Throops Manager

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch??   Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch?? Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 3:13 pm

does this mean then that ac wigston get free use of the pitch then????
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch??   Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch?? Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 4:35 pm

Gaz Great Wigston Manager wrote:
No, it just means that the council haven't got a clue who is using the pitches, the Kingsway gaffer controls it all.
Back to top Go down
Orange

Orange

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch??   Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch?? Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 4:40 pm

controversial! alien
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch??   Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch?? Icon_minitimeTue 17 Nov 2009, 6:19 pm

Nope.

We pay just as much as CSKA/Bees Knees and any other team at Mossdale, and Me and Fozz put up CSKA's posts and the post from are pitch which Bees Knees also use, and they have been bolted and secured in, as well as painted. So we do far more than just pay our fees.

The Braunstone Town council are fully aware who uses the pitches, its just that Kingsway Rangers are a massive club who take up the full usage of the pitches, hence paying over 3000 pound a year for pitch fees.

And as there was 2 spare adult pitches after Hockley stopped using it, it was offered out to CSKA who we played in a friendly, and also to Bees Knees.
Back to top Go down
fozzi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
fozzi

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch??   Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch?? Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2009, 12:12 am

Sparta3 wrote:
No, it just means that the council haven't got a clue who is using the pitches, the Kingsway gaffer controls it all.

yawn yawn yawn. cat
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch??   Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch?? Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2009, 10:23 am

dee_aitcho wrote:

Nope.

We pay just as much as CSKA/Bees Knees and any other team at Mossdale, and Me and Fozz put up CSKA's posts and the post from are pitch which Bees Knees also use, and they have been bolted and secured in, as well as painted. So we do far more than just pay our fees.

The Braunstone Town council are fully aware who uses the pitches, its just that Kingsway Rangers are a massive club who take up the full usage of the pitches, hence paying over 3000 pound a year for pitch fees.

And as there was 2 spare adult pitches after Hockley stopped using it, it was offered out to CSKA who we played in a friendly, and also to Bees Knees.

Not that i'm that interested, but... I was the secretary for bees knees last year and we contacted the council several times to enquire about using the pitches. we were given a stern 'no' every time. One call to your dad, and we had the pitch the following week.

Maybe the council do know who uses the pitch, but just don't have a say on the decisions. That to me is unfair to all other teams in the area as going down the correct line of enquiries gets you nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Orange

Orange

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch??   Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch?? Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2009, 10:35 am

The plot thickens Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch??   Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch?? Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2009, 12:30 pm

Sparta3 wrote:
dee_aitcho wrote:

Nope.

Not that i'm that interested, but... I was the secretary for bees knees last year and we contacted the council several times to enquire about using the pitches. we were given a stern 'no' every time. One call to your dad, and we had the pitch the following week.

Maybe the council do know who uses the pitch, but just don't have a say on the decisions. That to me is unfair to all other teams in the area as going down the correct line of enquiries gets you nowhere.

Due to a Kingsway team folding on a Sunday morning there was a pitch available, there was also a pitch available after Hockley folded.
Back to top Go down
CSKA Carnabys

CSKA Carnabys

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch??   Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch?? Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2009, 12:53 pm

George is a legend!!
As are the AC Wigston guys for asking for a friendly back in the summer (and also for putting our posts up)... if it wasnt for them we'd be sharing Komrska's slope on Vicky Park.
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch??   Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch?? Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2009, 1:05 pm

And hopefully a friendly this Summer mate!

Just a shame you never join us for after game naked fun in the showers.
Back to top Go down
Kingsway-Sec

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch??   Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch?? Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2009, 9:40 pm

Just to let everybody know that paying over £3500 in grounds rent as well as making sure the posts are up to FA Regulations should give us a say on who plays on the grounds, all the goals are property of Kingsway Rangers.

Any applications for next year must be in my email by the end of the week as you no what the council will say. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch??   Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch?? Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2009, 11:25 pm

dumb wrote:
dee_aitcho wrote:
No chance, my Dad (George) doesnt own the pitches, hes just the Sec of Kingsway which the club play all their games down there, therefore has quite a bit of say in what happens down there however the council own the pitches, and I guess you have no chance of asking the Council to rename a park.

maybe the sec of kingsway should just f......off then.

Posting edited by Moderator. There is really no need for such language in a public forum. Not good and it lowers the tone.
Back to top Go down
CSKA Carnabys

CSKA Carnabys

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch??   Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch?? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Nov 2009, 2:03 pm

Kingsway-Sec wrote:
Just to let everybody know that paying over £3500 in grounds rent as well as making sure the posts are up to FA Regulations should give us a say on who plays on the grounds, all the goals are property of Kingsway Rangers.

Any applications for next year must be in my email by the end of the week as you no what the council will say. Wink

Can we stay... forever?
Back to top Go down
Rutland boy

Rutland boy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch??   Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch?? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Nov 2009, 6:44 pm

We'll call ours 'THE HOW MUCH??? STADIUM'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch??   Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone considering selling the naming rights to your pitch??
Page 1 of 1