Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Pitch Change

Go down 
+4
Gordon
Paulo
Tomassi
Phoenix_United
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Pitch Change Empty
PostSubject: Pitch Change   Pitch Change Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 7:21 pm

We have been offered a better pitch than we had (Niffy A's old pitch at Uplands has been offered), we would like to take it but if it messes up the fixtures etc then we would obviously have to decline. I have tried to call James and email but the mail bounced back. Is it too late to change pitches?

Cheers,
Gareth
Back to top Go down
Phoenix_United

Phoenix_United

Pitch Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitch Change   Pitch Change Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 8:02 pm

dog poo park as a better pitch?
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/phoenixunitedfc010203
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Tomassi

Pitch Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitch Change   Pitch Change Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 8:10 pm

Its never too late to change pitches, some team change pitches half way thru season. Knighton Park vs Uplands Park, battle of the dogpoohs but Uplands win.. just!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/spartaparvafc

Pitch Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitch Change   Pitch Change Icon_minitimeMon 02 Aug 2010, 10:18 pm

Really? I have had Uplands referred too twice as Poo Paradise or similar....
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

Pitch Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitch Change   Pitch Change Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 8:39 am

Still think Uplands aint a bad home pitch though! good changing facility, staff are always there on time, decent size, Spartas's maybe a little slope but ours and Niffy's pretty flat!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Gordon
Premiership Poster
Premiership Poster
Gordon

Pitch Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitch Change   Pitch Change Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 8:49 am

New Road Inn wrote:
We have been offered a better pitch than we had (Niffy A's old pitch at Uplands has been offered), we would like to take it but if it messes up the fixtures etc then we would obviously have to decline. I have tried to call James and email but the mail bounced back. Is it too late to change pitches?

Cheers,
Gareth

Gareth

Pitch allocation is very much the domain of James. I know he is away at present, and I know the early fixtures are in draft. ( NO, I have not seen them so cannot give any clue to any team).

He may be back at the weekend - so contact him on his return. Please keep Oadby and Wigston Council informed - we have a close working relationship with them and they will understand any delay in response.
Back to top Go down

Pitch Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitch Change   Pitch Change Icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 8:51 am

No problem, i have already advised that it is subject to league confirmation.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Pitch Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitch Change   Pitch Change Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 10:30 am

So if your face fits.
Back to top Go down

Pitch Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitch Change   Pitch Change Icon_minitimeWed 04 Aug 2010, 12:54 pm

Hellboy wrote:
So if your face fits.

Or alternatively, if you do things the correct way....? Just a thought....
Back to top Go down
WEUR

WEUR

Pitch Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitch Change   Pitch Change Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 7:53 am

used to play at niffy 'a' home ground a fair few seasons back, good changing facilities but the pitch is more like a bog in the winter in my opinion, no drainage, at least sparta parva play on the slight slope pitch so the water can run off (ish) lol. proper sunday league pitch!!!!
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

Pitch Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitch Change   Pitch Change Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 8:52 am

It had a season's rest (or only one team on it) and didn't look too bad last year. Although by the end of the season there were 2 teams on it. Not quite as boggy as it was a couple of years ago tho!
Back to top Go down

Pitch Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitch Change   Pitch Change Icon_minitimeThu 05 Aug 2010, 8:54 am

I think i will have to have a look then as Knighton Park apparantly has had a load of grass seed planted...will check at the weekend....another job! yay!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

Pitch Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitch Change   Pitch Change Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 2:33 pm

Don't get too excited, the pigeons will have swooped down and ate all the seeds, so it will still be bare.
Back to top Go down

Pitch Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitch Change   Pitch Change Icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 7:28 pm

Damn them pigeons....rats of the sky!
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Pitch Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitch Change   Pitch Change Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 7:36 pm

In this day and age, thanks to FA/City Council developments, pitches for adiult teams are very hard to come by. There is little choice - just get what you can or hold on to what you've got.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pitch Change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitch Change   Pitch Change Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pitch Change
Page 1 of 1