Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Banter for 1st November

Go down 
+17
Jimmyb
Edgar
MonkeyBoy
Paulo
Jean Claude Van Damme
ben
riley
Polska legend II
Legend Returns
spartamoshdock
Robbo
Minty
Declan Swan
fozzi
dee_aitcho
man in black
Aussie Owl
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

Banter for 1st November Empty
PostSubject: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009, 5:13 pm

Post here and please keep to banter for games played on this date.
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeSun 01 Nov 2009, 1:34 pm

AC WIGSTON V AFC BEAUMONT

excellent game in wet and very windy conditions, both teams, in a physical game, entered into it with the correct spirit just got up and got on with it no arguements all decisions accepted, one yellow for a silly challenge on edge of box,

excellent really enjoyed it
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeSun 01 Nov 2009, 2:01 pm

AC Wigston 5-0 AFC Beaumont
Scott Letts 2
Stu Iddisah
Rob Ryan
Danny King

Absolutly shiit conditions (for me standing on the sideline), but every one enjoyed it, to be fair to Beaumont, there not a bad side, I think we wanted it a little more. Our players are gelling more and more every week, finally got a side capable of beating the best in the league. Fantastic performance from all to be honest, I'm a very happy man!!

Thanks to Clive, great game, few meaty tackles, but he dealt with them fine. cheers
Back to top Go down
fozzi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
fozzi

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeSun 01 Nov 2009, 2:08 pm

man in black wrote:

excellent game in wet and very windy conditions, both teams, in a physical game, entered into it with the correct spirit just got up and got on with it no arguements all decisions accepted, one yellow for a silly challenge on edge of box,

it helps when you have a very good lino tho doesnt it clive Wink
Back to top Go down
Declan Swan

Declan Swan

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeSun 01 Nov 2009, 2:31 pm

Right, I'll post this to make Jimmyb's day.

Birstall Rangers 2 - 8 Fosse City.

Absolutel anhilation in every area of the pitch. We were up for it and 5-0 up in 35 minutes. Took the foot off a little in the second, great result though.

Goalscorers:

Jamie Barnett (4) [second week running]
Ryan Bayliss
Dean Morgan (2)
Luke Goddard

Pick of the goals would be an overhead kick from Barnett on the edge of the box. Absolutely quality finish.

Last edited by Declan Swan on Sun 01 Nov 2009, 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeSun 01 Nov 2009, 3:02 pm

County Cup

We put out a LSL side today called Beaumont 2008 6-3, but i would like to make a special mention to the referee for putting up with so much abuse from their sideline.

They turned up at 10:20 with the wrong coloured kit (despite secretary telling them) - luckily we had our away kit so we had to get re-changed at 10.35!!! - Not Happy!!

Then we and the ref get abuse all game - we were a class above them if i am honest.

Happened to be a new official who referee's in the alliance league (note we have not had him before) - he was abused throughout constantly without any justfication. No wonder the LSL have a shortage of referees.

Then to top it all off they come and join us in the bar where we offer the usual hospitality free hot dogs and not one of them bought a drink whilst they all took food and left.

Typical!!

Rant over but least class told and do not anyone tell me the LSL is better run - glad that the vast majority of sides in the alliance league play for all the right reasons - i could say more but won't as i am sure the ref's report will!!!
Back to top Go down
Minty
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Minty

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeSun 01 Nov 2009, 3:24 pm

man in black wrote:

warren says sorry for the tackle. he has his moments.

and as for fozzi, its easy being a lino when we dont get the ball in your half for a half Laughing
Back to top Go down
Minty
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Minty

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeSun 01 Nov 2009, 3:27 pm

dee_aitcho wrote:
AC Wigston 5-0 AFC Beaumont
Scott Letts 2
Stu Iddisah
Rob Ryan
Danny King

Absolutly shiit conditions (for me standing on the sideline), but every one enjoyed it, to be fair to Beaumont, there not a bad side, I think we wanted it a little more. Our players are gelling more and more every week, finally got a side capable of beating the best in the league. Fantastic performance from all to be honest, I'm a very happy man!!

Thanks to Clive, great game, few meaty tackles, but he dealt with them fine. cheers

yup, shocking day for footy. was that 'wet rain' as well. your wingers really made the difference today, think we are just a bit inexperienced and panic at times when we dont need to. theres always next week i guess.

well reffed clive btw, pleasure as always
Back to top Go down
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeSun 01 Nov 2009, 3:41 pm

County Cup Round 2

Countryman FC 3 - 4 West End United Reserves

Matt Cook, Liam O'Sheehan, Mark Higgs and Ryan Langley scoring.

Hard game in the rain against a team thats won all 7 games they've played this season. Thats 5 on the bounce for us now. Happy days!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeSun 01 Nov 2009, 3:53 pm

Robbo wrote:
County Cup Round 2

Hard game in the rain against a team thats won all 7 games they've played this season. Thats 5 on the bounce for us now. Happy days!

Great result boys - i heard they are a good side. Presumably you had the old fella (Dave) as Skipp leading the way which keeps his unbeaten record going.
Back to top Go down
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeSun 01 Nov 2009, 4:13 pm

GuthoGaffer wrote:
Robbo wrote:
County Cup Round 2

Great result boys - i heard they are a good side. Presumably you had the old fella (Dave) as Skipp leading the way which keeps his unbeaten record going.

Yeah Dave Ash and Perry have been quality for us boys this year. Its what we needed, a class keeper and an experienced quality central midfielder. Roll on round 3!!
Back to top Go down
spartamoshdock
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
spartamoshdock

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeSun 01 Nov 2009, 4:49 pm

Sunday Intermediate Cup

Oakthorpe Athletic 3 - 4 SPARTA MOSHDOCK

Sam Gillespie
Aaron Preston
Josh Richards x 2

After a 50 minute drive in the torrential rain to Oakthorpe, who play in the Burton and District League, we battled and snatched a 4-3 win in horrendous wet and windy conditions on a pitch with a pretty big slope.

Went 2-0 up and then were pegged back and were losing 3-2 before we battled back and snatched it late on.

Not a great performance at all, but its a win at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeSun 01 Nov 2009, 4:59 pm

Well done to Alliance teams in the Sunday Trophy. By my reckoning 7 out of 8 got through to Round 3 cheers

Also Sunbury get a bye and the team knocked out, AFC Bees Knees, were knocked out by an Alliance team.
Back to top Go down
Legend Returns

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeSun 01 Nov 2009, 5:28 pm

Sunday Trophy

Swan & Hove Albion 3 aet 4 Anstey Hounds

- Dan Quitto 2
- Rickie Piggin
- Paul Edwards

Awful 1st 1/2 with wind and rain against us, 3-0 down

Great turn around from the boys in the second half, taking it into extra time although nearly finished off game in normal time with Dan Hardy running 60 yards for a flying header which keeper just got hand to...

Eddie with winner in 1st half extra time... although nearly threw it away with Swan being given penalty 2 mins from time only for Manager Steve to save it!!

Bring on the last 16!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeSun 01 Nov 2009, 5:42 pm

Congratulations to the Polska players who not only turned up in the pouring rain today but showed real bottle and character and worked their socks off to get our first win of the season against Birstall Athletic. To go what we've gone through and do what we did today is a credit to the lads, and they deserved their victory.
Back to top Go down
Declan Swan

Declan Swan

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeSun 01 Nov 2009, 6:26 pm

Not sure if it was Polska or their reserves, but thanks to them for letting us borrow a couple of water bottles at halftime today as our waterboy didn't turn up.
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeSun 01 Nov 2009, 6:57 pm

[quotewarren says sorry for the tackle. he has his moments.[/quote]

no problem with warren he knew he had done wrong apologized as he came over and took the yellow and got on with it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeSun 01 Nov 2009, 7:27 pm

Declan Swan wrote:
Not sure if it was Polska or their reserves, but thanks to them for letting us borrow a couple of water bottles at halftime today as our waterboy didn't turn up.

scratch Goddard was there
Back to top Go down
dee_aitcho
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeSun 01 Nov 2009, 7:31 pm

As my player about broke his wrist punching the floor. Laughing

Are wingers were exceptional today, maybe because I've signed on 5 Kingsway players, there getting there arses in gear, they all no that there not guarenteed a place.
Back to top Go down
riley

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeSun 01 Nov 2009, 7:37 pm

magna town 2 -1 duke of rutland reserves

good solid performance today a few fringe players got starts today and did themselves no harm at all!

looking forward to fosse next week should be a tough game for me (if i play)
Back to top Go down
Declan Swan

Declan Swan

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeSun 01 Nov 2009, 7:44 pm

dumb wrote:
Declan Swan wrote:

Good to see you living up to your name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeSun 01 Nov 2009, 8:30 pm

Declan Swan wrote:
dumb wrote:
Declan Swan wrote:

Good to see you living up to your name.

oh my god and thats from someone called Declan.
Back to top Go down
ben

ben

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeMon 02 Nov 2009, 8:14 am

Horse 4-2 White Lion (AET)

Our second cup game to go to extra time this season and another victory for us. Good game, no malicious challenge in it, just two teams fighting for the win. We were 1-0 and 2-1 down and showed some real spirit to come back into it. Terrible conditions, wind and rain blowing in your face for the whole first half is not nice! Both sides created chances with the wind behind them and we went in 1-0 down at half time against the wind, we were quite happy with that. 2-2 at full time and two goals against the wind in extra time sealed the win and progression into the next round.

PS - No Walshie or Marshall today.
Back to top Go down
Jean Claude Van Damme

Jean Claude Van Damme

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeMon 02 Nov 2009, 1:38 pm

ARRGGHhhh Magna Town won again Twisted Evil IU take it Riley did not play, oh hang on, it says a few fringe players....... I see they have Sporting Wigston in the Stokes Cup. Up the Sporting it is then, will be going to watch Fosse upend them in the League next week end. Does anyone else fancy watching??
Back to top Go down
Jean Claude Van Damme

Jean Claude Van Damme

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeMon 02 Nov 2009, 2:00 pm

Dear "Dumb",

I am wodering what your last name is:

Ass
Bell
ledore
p
founded
o

Any other suggestions from anyone are welcome or you could clear this matter up yourself.....
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeMon 02 Nov 2009, 2:03 pm

Jean Claude Van Damme wrote:
ARRGGHhhh Magna Town won again Twisted Evil IU take it Riley did not play, oh hang on, it says a few fringe players....... I see they have Sporting Wigston in the Stokes Cup. Up the Sporting it is then, will be going to watch Fosse upend them in the League next week end. Does anyone else fancy watching??

arent you coming down this weekend JCVD? Fosse are at home against us, surely you wana see them take their easiest 3 points of the season!! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
MonkeyBoy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeMon 02 Nov 2009, 2:34 pm

Wigston Car Breakers 4v2 Leicester Accies

I only put this post on for one reason really, and that's to warn the other Div 1 sides should one of them draw these away in the next round. There were no fecking changing rooms. Bearing in mind the weather yesterday morning (torrential rain, howling gale), it wasn't the best trying to get changed in cars on the side of the road. They obviously knew this, they brought along 2 vans, in which they got changed!

We were unlucky to lose really. All over them first 20, only 1-0 up, should have been 3 up really. Then a few soft goals (as usual) and we were 3-1 down at HT. Battled in the 2nd half and should have made it 3-3 but just couldn't get there and they scored late on to make it 4-2. I know someone mentioned on here that they were very good because they hadn't lost in 2 years or something like that, but they're not that good. We rattled them and we're rubbish! Our top Div 1 sides should beat them. To be fair to them, they admitted they stay in the LSL because they're better than everyone else and it's not as good as the Alliance. They were OK on the pitch as well, not much hassle really, although a bit cocky, but I can understand that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeMon 02 Nov 2009, 3:59 pm

Dear "Dumb",

I am wodering what your last name is:

Ass
Bell
ledore
p
founded
o

Any other suggestions from anyone are welcome or you could clear this matter up yourself.....

its magnet...and my middle name is people....woder no longer...as you can see i have just attracted you, case closed.
Back to top Go down
riley

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeTue 03 Nov 2009, 3:08 pm

Paulo_MTFC wrote:

arent you coming down this weekend JCVD? Fosse are at home against us, surely you wana see them take their easiest 3 points of the season!! lol!

started the last 3 games jcvd!!! and we have won the last 5 but you should come down and see my awful defending against the top scorers in the league
Back to top Go down
Edgar

Edgar

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeTue 03 Nov 2009, 6:29 pm

Fosse might be top scorers but they have only played against weekened sides so far. Rely far too heavily on pace. I think the pacey Magna will be able to handle them.
Back to top Go down
Jean Claude Van Damme

Jean Claude Van Damme

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeWed 04 Nov 2009, 1:44 pm

I will be there this sunday riley. I think it will be a very good game but will be wanting Fosse to get that win. I can see a few of your headers going astray.... geek Edgar, they played against Birstal who where top yet won. I suppose they were weakened....
Back to top Go down
riley

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeWed 04 Nov 2009, 3:05 pm

I will be there this sunday riley. I think it will be a very good game but will be wanting Fosse to get that win. I can see a few of your headers going astray.... geek Edgar, they played against Birstal who where top yet won. I suppose they were weakened....

birstall have only played 3 league games and were not top! but fair play to fosse they nearly have as many points as they got all last season! and as long as i win the header Smile
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeWed 04 Nov 2009, 3:18 pm

come and say hello JCVD...always a pleasure to meet fans past or present!
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeWed 04 Nov 2009, 3:42 pm

Poodle you wont win a single header Shocked
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeWed 04 Nov 2009, 3:53 pm

Jimmyb wrote:
Poodle you wont win a single header Shocked

i might though Smile barnett are you still keeping bayliss out of the side this weekend? after your goalscoring heroics?
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeWed 04 Nov 2009, 3:59 pm

We will come out all guns blazing with a 3 pronged attack, Bayliss, Barnett and Goddard. Thats if Goddard is not dropped for booting a water bottle in the managers face last week after being subbed
Back to top Go down
Sportings number 6

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeWed 04 Nov 2009, 4:00 pm

2 -2 im going for . rob hillsdon own goal last minute haha
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeWed 04 Nov 2009, 4:01 pm

Jimmyb wrote:
We will come out all guns blazing with a 3 pronged attack, Bayliss, Barnett and Goddard. Thats if Goddard is not dropped for booting a water bottle in the managers face last week after being subbed

that is bad! will be there especially early tonight to watch the three goal scoring machines in action Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeWed 04 Nov 2009, 4:04 pm

haha yeh i bet you will too! Me and Goddard wont be there, both nursing injuries, touch and go whether we'll make sunday
Back to top Go down
Jimmyb
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Jimmyb

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitimeWed 04 Nov 2009, 4:05 pm

If Hillsdon even gets on the pitch im quitting!

(only jokin rob (just incase))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 1st November   Banter for 1st November Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banter for 1st November
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next