Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

DIV 5 CLOSE TO CALL

Go down 
+3
Royalist FC
allen654
wopman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wopman

DIV 5 CLOSE TO CALL Empty
PostSubject: DIV 5 CLOSE TO CALL   DIV 5 CLOSE TO CALL Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2015, 11:04 am

having checked the table wouldn't like to call the winners from the top 3 really tight! up to a few weeks ago thought vale would win it but now not so sure having played them all this season think friar lane might be the ones to claim the title the lad up front is a goal machine that never stops working and the team as a whole are quite solid
Back to top Go down
allen654
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: DIV 5 CLOSE TO CALL   DIV 5 CLOSE TO CALL Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2015, 11:56 am

They've still got to play each other once which will be interesting to see. Makes it more interesting when it's close at the top. We've still got to play friar lane twice which I'm not looking forward to buy anything could happen.
Back to top Go down
Royalist FC

Royalist FC

PostSubject: Re: DIV 5 CLOSE TO CALL   DIV 5 CLOSE TO CALL Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2015, 12:16 pm

Really close to call. I expected Vale to win it with a little bit to spare but now it looks like either they, Dukla or Friar Lane could. I think on their day Vale are (just) about the best all round team in the division but with Dukla being really well organised and strong at the back and Friar Lane scoring for fun it could get very interesting. Also there are good teams throughout the division all capable of taking points off anyone including the top teams so it should go right to the wire.

All credit to the league for ensuring a really competitive division. I can only think of a couple of games (mostly because we had ten men) where we haven't at some point thought we had a chance to take something out of the game (sadly not always/often the case:P). Plus no one team has been out of it's depth and thumped each week. Pretty much all games have been played in a good spirit as well.
Back to top Go down
tobester29

tobester29

PostSubject: Re: DIV 5 CLOSE TO CALL   DIV 5 CLOSE TO CALL Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2015, 1:17 pm

Division 5 has been exciting this year with no team pulling away early and making it a race for 2nd place. Every game we have been involved in has been close and a lot of them could have gone either way.

We (Dukla) went to Vale last week thinking we would turn them over and got deservedly beat, although we were unlucky to go in at half time 2-1 down. We gave their strikers far too much time on the ball and they punished us with some excellent finishing and sat back and defended the lead well.

We still have play Vale, Friar Lane and Wigston Plough again so will be a tough challenge to win the league.

Whoever comes out on top this year will most likely be worthy winners and it is credit to the league for making it such a competitive division this year.

From all the games I have played in this year I would say Pukka have been the best all round team we have played against with three great games in league and cup this year all settled by one goal.

Back to top Go down
SuecastleFC

SuecastleFC

PostSubject: Re: DIV 5 CLOSE TO CALL   DIV 5 CLOSE TO CALL Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2015, 1:45 pm

I think there are a number of teams who, on their day and with a full strength team, could consider themselves pretty close to the best team in the division. I would guess that the top 3 teams have been the ones that have had their team close to its strongest the most regularly.

The league have done a terrific job with our league this year, it's been a pleasure to be a part of. I'd echo the sentiments of tobester29, the champions will be worthy winners.

If I had to stick my neck out I'd guess at Vale winning the league with Dukla a close second.
Back to top Go down
allen654
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: DIV 5 CLOSE TO CALL   DIV 5 CLOSE TO CALL Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2015, 2:21 pm

We've been fortunate to have two competitive seasons in a row now where even the lower end clubs have produced good displays. Especially this season, the table has changed around most weeks and those nearer the bottom have gone on good runs and held there own. I reckon friar lane have got a bit of momentum and might just edge it come the end of the season. All up for grabs though
Back to top Go down
clarkeh

PostSubject: Re: DIV 5 CLOSE TO CALL   DIV 5 CLOSE TO CALL Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2015, 4:50 pm

tobester29 wrote:

From all the games I have played in this year I would say Pukka have been the best all round team we have played against with three great games in league and cup this year all settled by one goal.

The games between our two teams were very well battled, with the two best defences in league at the time.

All in all this season has been up and down for us Pukka, beating Vale 3-1 twice this season one in the league and one in the cup, but then getting battered 7-1 by Friar Lane, with Mr Hawksley tearing the defence to shreds.

With Friar Lane still to play again and Vale, plus Royalist in the semi finals of the Stokes we can still possibly be up in the top 3.

There isn't one team in this division who are the 'Whipping' boys and I am very surprised to see Inter Mivan bottom!

Best season in the three years that I've played adults football and definitely the closest, props to the league for creating a league low down without a pothunter!
Back to top Go down
wopman

PostSubject: Re: DIV 5 CLOSE TO CALL   DIV 5 CLOSE TO CALL Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb 2015, 5:34 pm

clarkeh wrote:
tobester29 wrote:

The games between our two teams were very well battled, with the two best defences in league at the time.

All in all this season has been up and down for us Pukka, beating Vale 3-1 twice this season one in the league and one in the cup, but then getting battered 7-1 by Friar Lane, with Mr Hawksley tearing the defence to shreds.

With Friar Lane still to play again and Vale, plus Royalist in the semi finals of the Stokes we can still possibly be up in the top 3.

There isn't one team in this division who are the 'Whipping' boys and I am very surprised to see Inter Mivan bottom!

Best season in the three years that I've played adults football and definitely the closest, props to the league for creating a league low down without a pothunter!
totally agree well done to the league as for inter mivan being bottom just goes to show what a competive league it is
Back to top Go down
LFC for Life !!

PostSubject: Re: DIV 5 CLOSE TO CALL   DIV 5 CLOSE TO CALL Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2015, 12:13 pm

Brilliant league to be involved with, even though we lie bottom. Worst season for us, but no complaints as we are simply not good enough. Big changes next season, too many players with no heart. But that is not taking away from any other team that has beaten us (which is most of you..lol..).
Some good teams and top 3 (Vale, Dukla and Friar lane) to get into div 4 next season.
Interesting end to season, may the best team win !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DIV 5 CLOSE TO CALL   DIV 5 CLOSE TO CALL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DIV 5 CLOSE TO CALL
Page 1 of 1