Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

16 league games !!!!!!!

Go down 
+2
Polska legend II
jamesmilner
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jamesmilner

16 league games !!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: 16 league games !!!!!!!   16 league games !!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010, 8:38 am

with the season starting early september , and with respect cup games also being played , i still think that something needs to be done to the structure of the league . an 8 month span of the season is ridiculous if your cup run is brought to an early end like some teams experience . you dont play together enough to get into some kind of consistency to perform well . any suggestions ? its not good for quality games , look at the absolutely ridiculous scorelines happening , not really football in my terms , im not slagging just concerned some teams turn into a farce !!!!!!

Last edited by jamesmilner on Fri 16 Apr 2010, 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: 16 league games !!!!!!!   16 league games !!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010, 12:39 pm

Interestingly, our pitch on Wednesday night was rock hard, and if it had been January the game would have been called off!
Back to top Go down
Gifford
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Gifford

PostSubject: Re: 16 league games !!!!!!!   16 league games !!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010, 1:31 pm

superflys was the same a lot worse than the winter conditions its a joke
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: 16 league games !!!!!!!   16 league games !!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010, 1:52 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
Interestingly, our pitch on Wednesday night was rock hard, and if it had been January the game would have been called off!

The same for us, Vicky Park was rock solid and the middle strip of the pitch had barely any grass. I think we managed about 2 passes all game.

I half expected Clive Bruce to call it off. Some parts were especially dangerous, one goal area has solid ridges which could have easily broken a keeper's rib or two.
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: 16 league games !!!!!!!   16 league games !!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010, 4:57 pm

I have never called a game off for having a hard pitch in winter icy yes,,,,,slippy yes,,,,,large frozen ruts yes,,,,,,

the pitch at viccy park on wed was 80% covered in grass,,,,,,yes some small ruts where there was no grass but nothing that could have broke peoples ribs,,,,,,the only thing that was said before the game was pitch wasnt the best and the ball would bounce on some of the ruts,,,,,never a call to call it off for being dangerous,,,,,,,there was no injuries as far as i know and the trainer coming on was minimal,,,,,had someone said something before the game about it we could have had a disscussion,,,,but I am sorry but to come on here two days later and say something is a bit late.........bit early for sour grapes as its only just spring
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: 16 league games !!!!!!!   16 league games !!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010, 6:01 pm

I wasn't complaining Clive, more of a humorous nudge. We were all happy for the game to go ahead. The ruts i'm on about were in the top goal mouth.

Chill yer beans.
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: 16 league games !!!!!!!   16 league games !!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr 2010, 2:06 pm

We had a ref wanting to call our game off a few weeks ago as when it rained alot but we had to beg him to play it because we literally don't have any more dates to play anymore games!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 16 league games !!!!!!!   16 league games !!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

16 league games !!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1