Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

If you are struggling to field a team...

Go down 
+3
Vintage 9
Polska legend II
Blackie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

If you are struggling to field a team... Empty
PostSubject: If you are struggling to field a team...   If you are struggling to field a team... Icon_minitimeTue 03 Feb 2015, 5:19 pm

As most people know we at FC Pochin have had a shocking season. Being bumped up 3 divisions and then losing all but 3 players from last season by the end of September all but finished us.

Myself and Chris (the manager and secretary) have done everything in our power to ensure that we did not fold solely on the basis of it not being fair to The Alliance and the other teams in division 2.

We have played with 9 and 10 players and had the bare 11 on numerous occasions - we've driven around Leicestershire on a Sunday morning just to get enough players to make a game and here are examples of how we have been repaid...

1) Somehow got 9 players together to start a game in Shepshed. This following the referee requesting that we use an opposition supporter to make up the numbers!! He then reported us for a late kick off = big fine

2) Signed on a player who then got booked. Subsequently found out he was already suspended = another big fine

3) Today received a letter from The Alliance deducting us 2 points for said indiscretion above (albeit 5 months later)

4) Today received another letter from The Alliance warning us about our disciplinary record!!!

Thank god we only have 5 games left (potentially only 3 if CPR fold and Thurmaston don't find their goalposts)
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: If you are struggling to field a team...   If you are struggling to field a team... Icon_minitimeTue 03 Feb 2015, 10:26 pm

I have massive amounts of respect for Blackie and the lads at FC Pochin. Brilliantly run club, and great set of lads. Although, I would suggest to all clubs that signing on players at short notice should still mean they could be suspended - have a look at the county FA suspension list each Thursday, it should give you plenty of time before your game on Sunday to check things out. Also, I think a fine for a late kick off is fairly modest (£10-£15 from memory), although in my own personal opinion I don't think a team should be fined for fielding less than 11 players. Just a personal opinion. Also, I think the league will write to clubs if their disciplinary record is extremely diverse from 12 months ago - so if you have had a lot of cautions / red cards you will be warned, alternatively clubs with a massively improved record 12 months on will be applauded.

I have huge sympathy for FC Pochin and, Royal Oak, in particular for their ongoing commitment this season despite massive troubles. I have run a side getting spanked in the Premier division every week and it is not enjoyable, but unfortunately I think the league would be compromising itself if it lessened the rules for teams that may be struggling. Blackie - get you or a club rep down to the cup draws tomorrow night and see if you can win yourself a free refs fee to claw some of the costs back!
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: If you are struggling to field a team...   If you are struggling to field a team... Icon_minitimeWed 04 Feb 2015, 12:26 am

Thank you for your comments Mark, much appreciated...

I guess a consequence of trying to get people signed on simply in order to field a team is that the necessary due diligence can go out of the window - not blaming anyone but ourselves for that.

The naughty boy letters we have received just felt a bit like rubbing salt into our wounds, that's all.

The biggest irony is that I can absolutely guarantee that there won't be a single ref in The Alliance who does not enjoy reffing our games.

Anyway, thanks again for your reply. I'm off to Manchester to watch Phoenix Nights so can't attend the cup draws but I reckon Chris might get down there if there's a free ref up for grabs!!
Back to top Go down
Vintage 9

PostSubject: Re: If you are struggling to field a team...   If you are struggling to field a team... Icon_minitimeWed 04 Feb 2015, 1:12 pm

Credit to Blackie for sticking with it, always enjoyed playing against him and his teams. He deserves better than this in my opinion. Does this mean retirement for the war horse though?
Back to top Go down
http://www.justgiving.com/James-Jeyesrunning
SB10

PostSubject: Re: If you are struggling to field a team...   If you are struggling to field a team... Icon_minitimeWed 04 Feb 2015, 4:10 pm

Blackie wrote:
As most people know we at FC Pochin have had a shocking season. Being bumped up 3 divisions and then losing all but 3 players from last season by the end of September all but finished us.

Myself and Chris (the manager and secretary) have done everything in our power to ensure that we did not fold solely on the basis of it not being fair to The Alliance and the other teams in division 2.

We have played with 9 and 10 players and had the bare 11 on numerous occasions - we've driven around Leicestershire on a Sunday morning just to get enough players to make a game and here are examples of how we have been repaid...

1) Somehow got 9 players together to start a game in Shepshed. This following the referee requesting that we use an opposition supporter to make up the numbers!! He then reported us for a late kick off = big fine

2) Signed on a player who then got booked. Subsequently found out he was already suspended = another big fine

3) Today received a letter from The Alliance deducting us 2 points for said indiscretion above (albeit 5 months later)

4) Today received another letter from The Alliance warning us about our disciplinary record!!!

Thank god we only have 5 games left (potentially only 3 if CPR fold and Thurmaston don't find their goalposts)

Having been the one who set this side up 5 years back I would never of thought this would be the case after having some success. I have to admit, despite handing the reigns over to Chris and Blackie 2 season back to focus on other things, my eye was always on results and league positions. I think they have done brilliantly in delivering the title last year and then keeping the side going this season, despite all of its apparent failings along the way (even handing me a league winners medal last season despite only 2 appearances and a goal  Laughing  Wink ).

Think commitment goes a long long way in Sunday morning football and I hope for the lads still turning up week in and week out for both Pochin and Royal Oak from reading Mark's post keep it going and something comes along that perhaps these two sides keep going.

Can't see Blackie retiring just yet....think he is waiting for his MBE, either that or his blue badge for the front of his motor  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: If you are struggling to field a team...   If you are struggling to field a team... Icon_minitimeThu 05 Feb 2015, 8:47 pm

Vintage 9 wrote:
Credit to Blackie for sticking with it, always enjoyed playing against him and his teams. He deserves better than this in my opinion. Does this mean retirement for the war horse though?

Cheers Jeyesey, top man

No retirement just yet mate, can still just about do Saturdays and Sundays... (can't walk on Mondays though!!!)
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: If you are struggling to field a team...   If you are struggling to field a team... Icon_minitimeThu 05 Feb 2015, 9:00 pm

SB10 wrote:
Blackie wrote:

Having been the one who set this side up 5 years back I would never of thought this would be the case after having some success. I have to admit, despite handing the reigns over to Chris and Blackie 2 season back to focus on other things, my eye was always on results and league positions. I think they have done brilliantly in delivering the title last year and then keeping the side going this season, despite all of its apparent failings along the way (even handing me a league winners medal last season despite only 2 appearances and a goal  Laughing  Wink ).

Think commitment goes a long long way in Sunday morning football and I hope for the lads still turning up week in and week out for both Pochin and Royal Oak from reading Mark's post keep it going and something comes along that perhaps these two sides keep going.

Can't see Blackie retiring just yet....think he is waiting for his MBE, either that or his blue badge for the front of his motor  Laughing

Too right Shaun...

You'd think I'd get something for my services to Sunday morning football!!

And I might take up reffing...

Imagine that...?!
Back to top Go down
SB10

PostSubject: Re: If you are struggling to field a team...   If you are struggling to field a team... Icon_minitimeFri 06 Feb 2015, 11:07 am

Blackie wrote:
SB10 wrote:
Blackie wrote:

Too right Shaun...

You'd think I'd get something for my services to Sunday morning football!!

And I might take up reffing...

Imagine that...?!

The return of Pierluigi Colina lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
saffs back

PostSubject: Re: If you are struggling to field a team...   If you are struggling to field a team... Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb 2015, 6:35 pm

people call it playing ringers when you play illegals, sometimes these players cant play football but you use them to fulfill the fixture.
Back to top Go down
pacman

PostSubject: Re: If you are struggling to field a team...   If you are struggling to field a team... Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2015, 1:25 pm

blackie i've heard a rumour your pothunting next season dropping from div 2 to a new team next year,surprised you didn't go to st marks.... I mean birstall!!
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

PostSubject: Re: If you are struggling to field a team...   If you are struggling to field a team... Icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2015, 9:52 pm

pacman wrote:
blackie i've heard a rumour your pothunting next season dropping from div 2 to a new team next year,surprised you didn't go to st marks.... I mean birstall!!

blackie pothunting! where?
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
pacman

PostSubject: Re: If you are struggling to field a team...   If you are struggling to field a team... Icon_minitimeWed 11 Mar 2015, 10:54 am

it sure isn't pochins lol!
Back to top Go down
FC POCHIN
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
FC POCHIN

PostSubject: Re: If you are struggling to field a team...   If you are struggling to field a team... Icon_minitimeWed 11 Mar 2015, 11:40 pm

pacman wrote:
it sure isn't pochins lol!

oh no it won't be pochins Cool
Back to top Go down
http://chriscooper05@hotmail.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you are struggling to field a team...   If you are struggling to field a team... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you are struggling to field a team...
Page 1 of 1