Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Kicking off before both teams ready

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
safehands

Kicking off before both teams ready Empty
PostSubject: Kicking off before both teams ready   Kicking off before both teams ready Icon_minitimeMon 22 Dec 2014, 11:48 pm

Does a ref have to make sure both teams are happy and ready before kicking off?

Kicked off a 6aside game of mine once and I was half way through putting my first glove on. Team mates said "Hold on ref our keeper ain't ready" and his response was "Well he should be!" and allowed play to continue... game was running a little late but not through fault of our own. I have a strict good luck routine when it comes to putting on gloves!

Had to make a save with one gloved hand at the start of the game! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Kicking off before both teams ready   Kicking off before both teams ready Icon_minitimeTue 23 Dec 2014, 12:25 am

The referee is entitled to kick off at the scheduled time provided there are the minimum number of players from each side on the pitch.
Late kick offs in 11v11 usually result in a fine for the defaulting club.

However, most refs allow a minute or two if there is a genuine problem. The refs watch is always right in the eyes of the powers that be.

Last edited by Aussie Owl on Tue 23 Dec 2014, 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
safehands

PostSubject: Re: Kicking off before both teams ready   Kicking off before both teams ready Icon_minitimeTue 23 Dec 2014, 12:34 am

Gloves on before I step onto the pitch then.. cheers!
Back to top Go down
Alan Partridge
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Alan Partridge

PostSubject: Re: Kicking off before both teams ready   Kicking off before both teams ready Icon_minitimeThu 25 Dec 2014, 6:52 pm

Aussie Owl wrote:
The referee is entitled to kick off at the scheduled time provided there are the minimum number of players from each side on the pitch.
Late kick offs in 11v11 usually result in a fine for the defaulting club.

However, most refs allow a minute or two if there is a genuine problem. The refs watch is always right in the eyes of the powers that be.

One of those players per side MUST be a goalkeeper, otherwise the referee cannot start the game
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Aussie Owl

PostSubject: Re: Kicking off before both teams ready   Kicking off before both teams ready Icon_minitimeFri 26 Dec 2014, 7:14 am

Alan Partridge wrote:
One of those players per side MUST be a goalkeeper, otherwise the referee cannot start the game
Agreed
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
man in black

PostSubject: Re: Kicking off before both teams ready   Kicking off before both teams ready Icon_minitimeFri 26 Dec 2014, 8:35 am

the referee can kick off as soon as its time to kick off..
one player has to be designated as a goalkeeper and this is identified by a different coloured top to the other players and officials,,( yes in law he shouldnt wear black).
this sounds like an awareness problem before kick off..i always,,count players, check assistants(although in six a side maybe wont have them),quick look to make sure both goalkeepers are ready, if one is still putting gloves on then wait till he has them on..if you think he is messing about maybe a quick shout "all ok " but the amount of time he takes to put glove on would be seconds and not have a great effect on the kick off of the game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kicking off before both teams ready   Kicking off before both teams ready Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kicking off before both teams ready
Page 1 of 1