Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Would anyone be interested in a good cause?

Go down 
+2
Sparta3
Jedster
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jedster

Jedster

Would anyone be interested in a good cause? Empty
PostSubject: Would anyone be interested in a good cause?   Would anyone be interested in a good cause? Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jul 2014, 5:33 pm

I've recently felt the tragedy of the loss of a beautiful little girl of whom was like family to me. She was 4 and tragically drowned on holiday.. holiday insurance covered flying her back and funeral costs, however the gravestone is thousands of pounds. I'd really like to arrange a tournament to raise as much money to help with her distraught family with covering the costs... I'm basically asking if any teams would be interested and if there's anyway someone could point me in the way of someone that could help with a venue as I have no idea of what I'm doing... all help appreciated x
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in a good cause?   Would anyone be interested in a good cause? Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jul 2014, 7:13 pm

Find a club/facility that is willing to offer the pitch(es) for free or at least reduced. Charge teams to enter. Don't aim too high numbers wise. With this sort of thing it's a case of getting on the phone to as many people a possible as you need to tell the story to those who you would like to help. The venue is a good place to start.
Back to top Go down
WPR

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in a good cause?   Would anyone be interested in a good cause? Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jul 2014, 12:00 pm

Hi,
We at WPR recently arranged a small competition to raise money for cancer research. we used Aylestone leisure 4G they have 3 seven aside pitches. We booked it for 3 hours and ran a round robin style knock out comp. they will not provide for free however at a reduced cost. we also charged each player/team to play. if you get something arranged we would gladly play to support the cause. Smile good luck. Dan @ WPR
Back to top Go down
Vintage 9

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in a good cause?   Would anyone be interested in a good cause? Icon_minitimeThu 03 Jul 2014, 1:40 pm

Sorry to hear of your tragic news, I have a little girl myself and could no way under understand what you and the little girls family are going through.

Have you thought about contacting the likes of Goals, Lutterworth Soccer Centre or Sports Leagues Leicester? companies always like a piece of good PR.

Also, if you set up a justgiving page, i'd be more than happy to contribute to help the family and share on my Facebook/Twitter etc.

I hope the above is helpful.

Cheers

Jeyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.justgiving.com/James-Jeyesrunning
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in a good cause?   Would anyone be interested in a good cause? Icon_minitimeFri 04 Jul 2014, 7:52 am

Thanks for the advice and kind words. I've a few options and a lot of very kind people offering their services. Il update on the tournament wether it be 6 or 11 aside but all help greatfully received. I've set up an appeal on my fb if interested look up Jed Ellis Macken thanks again x
Back to top Go down
tysmith c.n.f.c
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
tysmith c.n.f.c

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in a good cause?   Would anyone be interested in a good cause? Icon_minitimeSat 05 Jul 2014, 4:38 am

Jed inbox me pal
Back to top Go down
oily
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in a good cause?   Would anyone be interested in a good cause? Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jul 2014, 11:13 pm

Sorry to hear about that mate.
May be able to get you the university pitch on welford road.
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in a good cause?   Would anyone be interested in a good cause? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2014, 9:28 am

Hi again my tournament is on sat the 26th... at saff lane astro turf (first k.o at 9am) till 12.. I've tried to not involve too many 'serious' teams but I have spaces left for 2 more teams ... 50 quid a team all for a great cause, fancy it?
Back to top Go down
oily
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in a good cause?   Would anyone be interested in a good cause? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2014, 10:49 am

Will speak to the lads tonight.
Will let you know tomorrow mate.
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in a good cause?   Would anyone be interested in a good cause? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2014, 11:15 am

Thanks oily would love you boys to come down
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in a good cause?   Would anyone be interested in a good cause? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2014, 11:49 am

Can you send me a few details on PM? I might be able to drag a team together.
Back to top Go down
oily
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in a good cause?   Would anyone be interested in a good cause? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2014, 1:34 pm

Jed.
Have you got trophies for the tournament.
May be able to sort something out.
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in a good cause?   Would anyone be interested in a good cause? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2014, 1:59 pm

I have got one big winners trophy but just medals for winners n runners up .. may be interested if you could get some trophies though pal
Back to top Go down
oily
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in a good cause?   Would anyone be interested in a good cause? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2014, 2:45 pm

Will ask the question.
How many of each.
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in a good cause?   Would anyone be interested in a good cause? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2014, 2:57 pm

Yeah if you could enquire 8 of each please pal
Back to top Go down
oily
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in a good cause?   Would anyone be interested in a good cause? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2014, 3:20 pm

Jed.
Can sort trophies out mate.
What do you want on the plates.
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in a good cause?   Would anyone be interested in a good cause? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul 2014, 3:23 pm

Brilliant how much pal?
Back to top Go down
oily
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in a good cause?   Would anyone be interested in a good cause? Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jul 2014, 6:01 pm

Jed will defo let you know tomorrow about putting a team in never got to the pub last night but golfing with them tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Jedster

Jedster

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in a good cause?   Would anyone be interested in a good cause? Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jul 2014, 6:11 pm

Ok thanks pal have one space left and I'd love a webbies team entered!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone be interested in a good cause?   Would anyone be interested in a good cause? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would anyone be interested in a good cause?
Page 1 of 1