Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Results - Sunday 1 September

Go down 
+30
THE MAGICIAN
CSKA17
Jenko
timmy mallet
LKS gaffer
Footy mad
Hellboy
Butterfingers
bulwellian
Blackie
Sirus
Bucko
EUFCAudi
Mat-92
Polska legend II
The wanderer
Fishandchips
East WPR
mermick
Sparta3
g72
driver666
Rajiv14
dave ash
o.f.c
onedigitless
man in black
Paulo
Polingtons
Gordon
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sirus

Sirus

Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 5:09 pm

Reece is a top little player
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 5:09 pm

Great result for Leicester Forest Foxes!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 5:16 pm

Paulo wrote:
Great result for Leicester Forest Foxes!!!
Great result or in the wrong division?
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 5:20 pm

I will tell you when we get smashed by them Wednesday lol
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 5:30 pm

Paulo wrote:
Championship decider Ross...

As you can probably tell by my comments on the banter section mate, after feeling good about how hard we've worked for our 2 results so far, now I'm just pissed off knowing that division 5 is a joke.

Results only please
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 5:37 pm

I don't think so....
Back to top Go down
bulwellian
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 5:52 pm

Friar Lane 3 - Wigston Fields 3

Stef 2
Mark Allen 1
Back to top Go down
Butterfingers

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 5:57 pm

Royalist 1-5 Q.P.R

Shane Jackson X3
Simon Harper
Jack Searle

In truth could have been alot more but a solid opening game of the season for Q.P.R

I predict a long hard season for Royalist if they were at full strength
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 6:51 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
LKS  5  Desford  1
LKS......a lot of pothunters in that side for division 6.
Back to top Go down
Footy mad

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 7:55 pm

Anyone know the rest of the division 2 results?
Webbys v Frolesworth
NPE v Seaton
Oadby Owls mens v Niffy
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 8:12 pm

Web 3-4 fros
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 8:40 pm

Thurmo res 6-2 megavaux

A good battling effort from us today against a strange megavaux team they started with 9 and played really well, worked hard and kept it to 1-1 wen they finally had 11, that seemed to kick us into gear and we took over, they loved to get stuck in but hated it wen u gave it back and wanted to fight us which we are happy to do but its a football match not boxing...there poor lad up top thought he was a gangster soon shut up wen he squared up to the wrong person i cant see them lasting the season to be honest hope they do tho.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 01 Sep 2013, 8:43 pm

P.s hope reece morris has signed for them as we have him on camera half of them didnt even know his name says it all.
Back to top Go down
Sirus

Sirus

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 9:02 am

Why you botherd? You won
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 9:55 am

Because its wrong.....cheating
Back to top Go down
LKS gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 10:10 am

Hellboy wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
LKS  5  Desford  1
why are the lads pothunters ?? ive asked my friends to come and play footy for me on a sunday morning as they wasn't playing for anybody else !! a couple of them cant make it every week which they stated before we signed them on !! ask the sides that we have played and they will tell you that we are just an ordinary side and nothing special , both the sides we have played so far have been unlucky against us cause if it wasn't for out superb keeper then global might of beat us and desford would have had a few more !!!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 10:50 am

LKS gaffer wrote:
Hellboy wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
LKS  5  Desford  1
why are the lads pothunters ?? ive asked my friends to come and play footy for me on a sunday morning as they wasn't playing for anybody else !! a couple of them cant make it every week which they stated before we signed them on !! ask the sides that we have played and they will tell you that we are just an ordinary side and nothing special , both the sides we have played so far have been unlucky against us cause if it wasn't for out superb keeper then global might of beat us and desford would have had a few more !!!
A little bird tells me everthing, and he said you have got a lot of recognisable faces in your side, players that shouldn't be anywhere near division 6, some of those players have played much higher than div 6 in previous seasons and have been right up in the top divisions, it'd be like gareth bale coming to play for LCFC because he knows a few of the lads in the side, you just shouldn't play at that level if you've got the talent.

PS...are you the bald chap shouting all the team talk?
Back to top Go down
LKS gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 11:15 am

yes 4 of the lads i have signed on have all played at a higher level but the league had the signing on forms so new who we were signing on and i agree we probs should be higher up the league but thats upto the league to judge wot div we should be in not us !!
now that would be telling if im the baldy who takes the team talks or not !!
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 11:31 am

Perhaps the person that decides that then, could enlighten everyone.
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 11:48 am

As you can probably tell by my posts in here and the banter section, something needs to be done about NEW teams being put in the wrong division - division 5 is now sponsored by Jongleurs.

But in defence of both LKS and the league, and as I've said before, this is different.

LKS are not a new team, they finished 5th in division 6 last season so rightly should stay in that division. If LKS gaffer has managed to get some quality signings in over the summer then fair play to them
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Hellboy

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 12:28 pm

And unfair play for the sides that have to play against them....example desford....it doesn't give these locally sourced teams any leaway.

Back to top Go down
timmy mallet
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
timmy mallet

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 1:24 pm

Blackie wrote:
Paulo wrote:

As you can probably tell by my comments on the banter section mate, after feeling good about how hard we've worked for our 2 results so far, now I'm just pissed off knowing that division 5 is a joke.

Results only please

its not as it seems really mate, we had ten to start with, 9 for a small period of time throughout the game and we didn't have a striker, to top that 2 lads where carrying injurys and we just never got started. Cant knock foxes once they realised they could have a say they took full advantage, grew in confidence and started to knock the ball around well producing a flurry of goals. That said in 110% sure things will be different when they travel to us over at kilworth. Well done to the foxes lads a mixture of young talent and a few older,experianced heads who could become a good team but i wouldn't say they will get many more results like that and i would say they are more suited to a lower division not a higher one. Sad our unbeaten run came to an end in such circumstances but humble that it was by a good young team doing things the right way
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 1:56 pm

timmy mallet wrote:
Blackie wrote:
Paulo wrote:

Results only please

its not as it seems really mate, we had ten to start with, 9 for a small period of time throughout the game and we didn't have a striker, to top that 2 lads where carrying injurys and we just never got started. Cant knock foxes once they realised they could have a say they took full advantage, grew in confidence and started to knock the ball around well producing a flurry of goals. That said in 110% sure things will be different when they travel to us over at kilworth. Well done to the foxes lads a mixture of young talent and a few older,experianced heads who could become a good team but i wouldn't say they will get many more results like that and i would say they are more suited to a lower division not a higher one. Sad our unbeaten run came to an end in such circumstances but humble that it was by a good young team doing things the right way
Sounds like a fair analysis looking forward to Wednesday- sounds like we have a similar team team to them in terms of a mix of youth and experience. Should be a close game- as i expect all division 5 games to be
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 3:38 pm

Blackie wrote:
As you can probably tell by my posts in here and the banter section, something needs to be done about NEW teams being put in the wrong division - division 5 is now sponsored by Jongleurs.

But in defence of both LKS and the league, and as I've said before, this is different.

LKS are not a new team, they finished 5th in division 6 last season so rightly should stay in that division. If LKS gaffer has managed to get some quality signings in over the summer then fair play to them
Try playing for us then, get promoted 2 divisions which is poor as it is but then having to play against a good willowbrook team with Shaun Barber playing for them who is absolute quality
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 6:34 pm

Think your Oakfield Jenko (and think I know your old man!) but a team being promoted (or relegated) 2 or more divisions should never happen - makes a mockery of promotion and relegation.

Not sure where you came in div 3 last season but even if you won it, getting promoted 2 divisions is poor as you say and therein lies one of the faults of the current system
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
CSKA17

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 6:35 pm

Try finishing 4th and getting pushed up 2 divisions!
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 8:56 pm

how would you have filled the prem/ div1 this season then Blackie based on your above comment....
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Sparta3

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 9:50 pm

With so many divisions there will always be double promotions. The exodus at the top this summer just meant that more teams needed to be nudged up. Unavoidable unless you want to see divisions of 6/7/8 teams in the top half.
Back to top Go down
Blackie
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Blackie

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2013, 10:42 pm

Fishandchips wrote:
how would you have filled the prem/ div1 this season then Blackie based on your above comment....
The problem now is the number of teams in each division has gone completely out of sync mainly due to resignations.

How about rebalancing the divisions (average about 12 a division, less for the prem) and make it a straight 3 promoted and 3 relegated. In the event of a resignation the league should announce immediately the impact on the divisions in terms of a potential change in the number of teams promoted/relegated. ie 'as a result of x resigning, only 2 teams will now be relegated from division 3' for example. Something that's transparent for all to see.

How can it be right that a team that finishes 5th gets promoted or a team that finishes 3rd gets bumped up 2 divisions? As I've said before, it makes a mockery of promotion and relegation.

On the assumption the league will never implement a separate division for all the new teams in their 1st season and to enable re-balancing of the divisions further, new applications should be offered not just to join the Alliance but to also state which division the new team is applying to join.

In answer to your question Lee, I don't know how I would have filled the prem/div 1 this season - but I'd like to think forward planning over the last few years would have avoided this problem in the 1st place
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2013, 7:43 am

Blackie makes some very valid points, I'm with him.

Good post mate.
Back to top Go down
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2013, 9:12 am

It's an impossible scenario, how many teams just go and fold? The only way to make people think twice would be to suspend any player from alliance league for 12 months. Very harsh indeed but something drastic needs to be done. It would hurt my club as we have 3 or 4 who came from such teams. Plus as I've said before make the cup comps on positions in the leagues at Xmas . If teams are p....ng divisions put them in top cup. Visa versa for bottom teams
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2013, 9:13 am

Blackie wrote:
Think your Oakfield Jenko (and think I know your old man!) but a team being promoted (or relegated) 2 or more divisions should never happen - makes a mockery of promotion and relegation.

Not sure where you came in div 3 last season but even if you won it, getting promoted 2 divisions is poor as you say and therein lies one of the faults of the current system
Yes i do play Oakfield and you probably do know my old man. We did win the league without losing a game but there were very few games that we won at a canter, I feel we would of held our own in division 2 this season but we are going to massively struggle in div 1. I thought the league would of learnt when they did the same to NRI and that has resulted in them folding.

I fully agree with you that this is a complete mockery of promotion and relegation
Back to top Go down
Fieldy
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster
Fieldy

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2013, 11:46 am

THE MAGICIAN wrote:
Blackie makes some very valid points, I'm with him.

Good post mate.
Christ, Blackie has someone agreeing with him, weirdly enough, so do I

Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2013, 12:02 pm

The double promotion we won was a major factor in the demise of NRI as Jenko rightly points out, the step was too big to make in our circumstance. We were blighted with a terrible injury list during the season so when you start chipping away at your main 11 players and playing more of your fringe players the gulf was too much.

I hope that Oakfield's first result is just a one off as they were unfortunate to play Willowbrook first up but on a week in week out basis it becomes increasingly difficult to compete.

I see MDH have come out the blocks in the Premier and won their first game well but I would be very surprised if they can keep that kind of effort up week in week out unless they have added substantial quality to what they already had.

The call for a New team New league to be set up has got legs in my opinion although very unlikely to ever happen. I appreciate it's tough for the league when deciding the leagues but unless you have world beaters I don't believe teams should get promoted two divisions.  I can think of a few teams that it's affected just I the 3 years I've been involved in the alliance league.  

I would like to offer my best wishes to both Oakfield and MDH in their respective divisions and hopefully they will both do them selves proud and compete really well and have an enjoyable roller coaster ride this coming season as I'm quite fond of both sides.
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2013, 12:50 pm

Thanks for the support Malc, although we were missing 6 players on sunday from what i have been told 4 of them are longer term injuries.

I feel its going to be a long hard season and cant see it getting any easier, I fully understand its hard for the league to put the divisions together. Willowbrook are probably in the right league as they are a top div 1 side i think. NO team should have to endure a double promotion unless the league is aware that a team is bringing in a lot of quality to compete and i know we were never in any position of bringing in new players and I dont think you did either at NRI Malc?

Good luck this season Malc
Back to top Go down
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster
THE MAGICIAN

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2013, 1:03 pm

No, ironically we maybe got weaker overall which resulted in us struggling, I was happy with my team and didn't want to start breaking up was a fantastic bunch, we tried to bring in two players to add quality but neither happened.

So we pretty much went with what we had from division 4 apart from 3 players and two of those left before we folded.

Cheers Jenko also for good luck for season, going to be tough for us but I'm looking forward to the challenge now as I've inherited what also seems a good bunch of lads.

Just on the back of the double promotion talk, Wigston who I have taken over if I remember rightly came runners up in division 7 and also got a double promotion the same time as us and they finished 3rd bottom of Division 5 last season which highlights the points being raised.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2013, 1:18 pm

New teams are always questioned about which division they want to go in, and don't always necessarily get what they want. I still maintain the league get the bulk of the decisions right.

3 up 3 down will never work because too many clubs have different agendas and ideas. You could easily promote a top 3 at the end of a season in May but you may have 4 resignations between then and the start of a new season (or even once a constitution is announced) which makes it nigh on impossible.

My own personal opinion is that the league got it very wrong with Willowbrook, who will have won Div 1 by Christmas and are a Premiership outfit. I wonder if there had been 10 teams in Div 1 it might have been easier to put them up to the Prem.

I don't agree with banning players as very often it is not their fault a club folds. On the subject of double promotions, I always think it is too be avoided, but Willowbrook aside, I don't think there is much difference in Div 1 or 2 this year because there is a vaccuum of sides. Oakfield won their league by 15 points or so last season and I can see why they had a double jump.

I am of the opinion that Div 7 should be scrapped and everyone generally pushed up next season. I do worry that we will keep struggling to fill the higher divisions - it used to just be a Premiership problem, but now Div 1 looks a bit of a struggle but saying that, traditional 'lower league' sides such as NPE (now Div 2) and CPR (now Div 3) are up and coming so there is still quality rising to the top.

Many hours of meetings and discussions are spent each year by the committee trying to get it right and it is the hardest job of all, but overall I think they get it about right. And you only have to look at other leagues to see how bad things could be!

Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster
Fishandchips

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2013, 1:55 pm

I'd say for every side that struggles with a double promotion theres one that doesn't.... ourselves and Saff lounge went from Div 5 to 3 and finished 3rd and 4th so promoted again, St Marks i think did the same jump last season and were top 3 again.

we haven't changed much since that Stokes cup final all those years ago Malc, brought in 1 new signing this summer and a couple of new players last season but generaly just direct replacements for players we lost, the core of the side is still the same lads - a bit less playing time for the oldies like me though Sad

Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Skeems
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2013, 1:56 pm

Quote :
LB Talbot 1 - 5 Enness United

Great performance all round from the lads against a battling Talbot team.

Goals from:

Kyle Hanson 3
Andy Morris 1
Chris Howarth 1
Andy Morris in Division 4?? Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
Polska legend II

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2013, 1:57 pm

Fishandchips wrote:
I'd say for every side that struggles with a double promotion theres one that doesn't.... ourselves and Saff lounge went from Div 5 to 3 and finished 3rd and 4th so promoted again, St Marks i think did the same jump last season and were top 3 again.

we haven't changed much since that Stokes cup final all those years ago Malc, brought in 1 new signing this summer and a couple of new players last season but generaly just direct replacements for players we lost, the core of the side is still the same lads - a bit less playing time for the oldies like me though Sad

you'll hold your own easily. you could be the next Moshdock!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Results - Sunday 1 September   Results - Sunday 1 September - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Results - Sunday 1 September
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next